Is it legal to expel a person from a public university in the USA for saying the word "nigger"?

Is it legal to expel a person from a public university in the USA for saying the word "nigger"?

does free speech not apply to this? what other words can you not say in the United States of America without fear of being expelled?

al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/university_of_alabama_investig.html#incart_river_home

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/01/17/she-recorded-herself-making-racial-slurs-on-mlk-day-her-college-expelled-her/?utm_term=.7b565635ccdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no. yes. faggot.

but the university expelled her user

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/01/17/she-recorded-herself-making-racial-slurs-on-mlk-day-her-college-expelled-her/?utm_term=.7b565635ccdf

and since when are universities aligned with the principles of our constitution?

if I catch any of you wiggers spouting this shit in public, I will knock yo ass out. Fucking guaranteed.

>Is it legal to expel a person from a public university in the USA for saying the word "nigger"?

For a private institution Yes
For a public institution No

Can she sue?

How is this legal

UA is public

University of Alabama is definitely not a private university.

Knock me out then nigger.

You better not try that shit around me nigger, I carry.

>free speech
lol

Holy shit on being kicked out of Alabama for saying the “n” word...

This is proof that the clan is an ancient liberal boogie man... the clan would of burnt the school down, if they still existed

Free speech means the government cant make laws whereby you can be punished by the government for what you say.

While universities have a lot to say about practicing it also, they, and many other groups, dont actually practice it themselves.

This is what is known as 'economic discipline' a way of exiling someone and hurting them through attacking their income and money, or in this case, their education. Its most commonly promoted by Jews. They or others will even go as far as attacking others who wont attack the target.

Jews dwell in legal practice. An example of this is a slapp suit:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

wops like her actually exist, i thought it was just a stereotype, i didnt know snookies were real.

No it is not legal. "Hate speech" laws will be void for vagueness and over-breath. Since this is a public institution she should have redress. This does not stop the university from expelling the student though. The student would have to file suit, which is expensive.

Free speech only protects you from legal ramifications, you can still get expelled, fired from a job, etc.

I get why they did it, I am asking if what they did was legal and if there is any recourse for her

UA is about to be sued, and it isn't going to be pretty

State schools should have to allow free political speech.

I hope she sues.

she's not italian at all and neither is snookie. Wtf is wrong with people? You have kikes, south americans and dark skinned anglo saxons trying to make us look bad????

We call you nigger cause you're a violent animal, thanks for proving it nigger

>This does not stop the university from expelling the student
why not

what if i say "bitch" or "cunt" on camera? can they expel me for that?

what about "shit" or "fuck"

>does free speech not apply to this?
In no conceivable way does free speech apply here.

I mean if the Klan existed, Heidi Beyrich of the SPLC would have been gutted like the fat hog she is in her Auburn McMansion already.

no free speech means more than that, you cuckolds just have no idea what freedom is, and you think its determined by "courts" or politicians

Yeah good luck making a case out of this. She violated her code of conduct

>In no conceivable way does free speech apply here.
literally why not? why can't she say nigger ?

Why kick her out? She like my Austrian uncle did nothing wrong.

Political discrimination is illegal in DC and Washington state I believe.

The most popular word in the most popular genre of music in America & she gets expelled for saying it. God I hate niggers.

>Yeah good luck making a case out of this. She violated her code of conduct
If i say bitch or cunt does that violate the code of conduct? what about fuck or shit?

I hope they throw her in a FEMA camp, the racist scum.

Bix nood

(((code of conduct)))

I'll taze you and kick your lips off nigger.

she should make a kickstarter so she can sue them niggers

She didn't break the law, but we also allow for freedom of association in this country. The way the culture exists today in order to freely associate you can't say nigger. That's just how things are.

On a side note I say nigger all the time and I'm a university employee. Just don't offend the wrong people and you're safe.

Try telling your boss to go fuck himself and see if you still have a job

It’s a private institution, basically just as legal as throwing somebody out of your house for saying it. It is fully within the rights of a private institution to decide who they want there

>the comments section

Jesus Christ liberals are just vile fucking demons aren't they? People literally calling for her to be raped, killed and sent to prison for saying nigger

Free speech doesn't exist in college. Free speech actually only applies to our governments. Not the citizenry or private business. It used to be accepted culturally, but the 80s and 90s saw that part of America die.

>Is it legal to expel a person from a public university in the USA for saying the word "nigger"?
the fact that she posted a vid where she says nigger repeatedly demonstrates that she's too stupid to be educated. she should be expelled to make room for a more intelligent person and sent back to nj to become a waitress, which is what she was supposed to be in the first place.

Similar to how laws don't stop people from committing crimes. The student should have redress for the expulsion, but it would not stop the university from expelling the student in the first place. It should stop the university from expelling the student for fear of redress but the university is banking on the student not doing anything.

>She didn't break the law, but we also allow for freedom of association in this country. The way the culture exists today in order to freely associate you can't say nigger. That's just how things are.
wat

>It’s a private institution,
no it's not

Nigger is a fighting word. It's not protected by the constitutional free speech.

Mag dump center mass

She clearly didn't call anyone anything.
She just said nigger a lot

fucking leaf posting about burger laws he knows nothing about. this was a public school and students enjoy all of the rights enumerated by our constitution.

You're a fucking idiot

Freedom of Association was abolished by the Civil Rights Act. Now Christian student groups have to let atheist faggots be part of their leadership or else they lose university funding.

You’re all missing the mark. When you join an organization such as a college or workplace you typically sign a contract saying you won’t publically do anything unfitting of a member of that organization.

>back to nj to become a waitress

If she doesn't hate niggers now...

He asked about an incident in the US. I was explaining the term to him as it applies to American law.

I wasn't attempting to indulge in global philosophy.

Since they're on US soil and take money from its citizens.

If you're involved with a nations taxable currency, it seems pretty logical that you would be subjected to its laws.

Maybe I should say at will association? The Bill of Rights protects people from the government. It's tenuous to say it controls how we interact with any other body.

Thems fighting words.

>You’re all missing the mark. When you join an organization such as a college or workplace you typically sign a contract saying you won’t publically do anything unfitting of a member of that organization.
It's the University of Alabama

Alabama is not a private institution it is funded by both the state & federal governments. I.e. taxpayers

1st amendment only protects against government persecution for speech. You can't be an employee of Starbucks and call people nigger. They would lose business so they have the right to fire you since you cost them customers. Just like a uni might lose people if it comes out they support people who call people nigger.

this.
it's not unconstitutional to cheat but people are expelled all the time for plagiarism and cheating. a university can expel a student on a whim it it so chooses.

I wonder if a nigger called a white person a cracker if the same reaction would be visited upon them.

>them (you)s
thanks, you crackers are predictable.

>It's tenuous to say it controls how we interact with any other body.

Unless you're white and not a millionaire.

Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown are still burning in hell, nigger.

I'm calling conspiracy on this.

>Create fake student and fake scandal
>Spam story so it seems like an outrage even though it wasn't that big of a deal
>Ban other people from doing it

If it was said in a tat-for-tat, heat of the moment, uncontrolled anger slipup, then no. But if it was used to put down a black person and make them feel bad and is controlled, in a non-argument scenario, then expulsion is warranted.

Wiggers are white people who act like niggers.
I do not associate with niggers.

Sorry mutt education kicking in

Free speech keeps you from being prosecuted/jailed for what you say by the government. It has no say on whether or not a private institution can punish you for saying things they don't like. Yes, you can get fired for what you say. Yes, you can get expelled from college for what you say. Yes, you can get sued by someone in civil court for what you say.

The first amendment doesn't make you immune to the social and/or economic repercussions of your actions or statements. It simply exists to keep the government from silencing it's citizens.

>starbucks = private corporation/franchise
>UA = publicly funded state institution

there is a difference

>private institution
>state university

Nobody likes wiggers so do whatever to them nigger

>state university
>state
>not federal

There is no such thing as a federal university, with the exception of the various armed services academies.

lol what

>muh states
>implying the Constitution isn't the Law of the Land
SCOTUS has repeatedly established that enumerated constitutional rights, specifically, preempt policies at all levels. Literally not an argument.

I’m a Spic and almost all of our kind hate niggers

Most hispanic kids love nigga culture/music...

Schools must be closed today because of weather. This thread has more kids/morons posting it than anything else this past week. Saying what she said in the context of MLK day puts her statements directly into the free speech/political speech realm. Will be interesting to see her f the ACLU will touch it. They have been hitting the rev-limiter on whacko shit for the past year and raising a lot of money as a result. I bet aclu ignores it for fear of another Skokie backlash by well heeled commies.

That's my point. The constitution is a federal document. States each have their own laws, and enforce things differently.

Like how every time he tries to enact his muslim ban it gets shut down by some small-time state judge?

>That's my point. The constitution is a federal document. States each have their own laws, and enforce things differently.
lol wat

>Like how every time he tries to enact his muslim ban it gets shut down by some small-time state judge?
it's a small time federal judge each and every time

This is true.

If I catch you lynching someone, I'll put a bullet straight up your spine. Then I'll kill your she-nigger and all her little nigglets too. See? Spouting violence like a rapid caged dog is easy, isn't it, nigger? Civilized discourse would go over your head anyway.

constitution.

How long until this headline:

"Woman's account closed at Amazon for saying nigger at home while Alexa listened"

Honestly I wish commies would go back to assassinating capitalists like Rote Fraktion.

How awesome would it be to see Jeff Bezos' Gulf Stream explode in mid-air from a bomb?

>all the leftycucks in the comments saying conservatives don't understand free speech
The irony.

Free speech doesn't mean you can say anything without any ramification. Burgers are fucking retarded. Inb4 some dumbass redneck 56% burger tries to school me on his """"""""""freedom""""""""""

>m-m-muh free speech
>m-m-muh freedumbz !!

fuck you, nigger

>Free speech doesn't mean you can say anything without any ramification.
Please list the words you cannot say without being expelled from a state university in the USA

Public universities are bound by the first amendment, actually. That's not even getting into the concept of free speech in society absent of government.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

Here's some reading material to get you started, Jamall

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
none of those apply to saying the word nigger

Makes sense, but they do it anyway. See the students punished and expelled based on false rape accusations.

School rules have no legal binding.
Its a public school. If any part of the code goes against a citizens rights they can be challenged in court.

A local public community college had a rule banning guns on the premises. The law regulates that anyone with a concealed carry permit can carry on college campuses. Someone had their gun on campus, and was overheard telling a friend. Security came and made him leave. He sued the school and easily won.

She won't have to go to school anymore after the college pays out.

>go to neiman marcus and buy my fur vest