Thank you Sup Forums for convincing me to watch it. It's a masterpiece

Thank you Sup Forums for convincing me to watch it. It's a masterpiece

You're welcome user, have a nice day.

Thank you m8, appreciate it

I just re-watched it again recently. It's so amazing. I forgot about all the feels in some episodes. Fucking cried like a bitch at the end of the episode that introduces Ed's dad

It's always so surprising to me when people haven't seen it. What made you put it off?

Some people on here will call it entry-level, normie stuff or whatever, but its popularity is irrelevant. It's undeniably one of the highlights of anime production of the last twenty years.

Cowboy Bebop? More like Cowgirl Bebop, because it's for sissys.

Cowboy Bebop is really one of the most overrated anime in history. The story isn't even that amazing and the only reason people remember it is because of it's melodramatic ending which gave quite an impression to a lot of people.

Why is Jupiter Jazz part 2 so shit
Literally Tumblr:the episode

Someday when you're an adult you'll be able to appreciate some of the relationships between the main characters.

It's a lot deeper than it may first appear, though the depth isn't the focus for the most part; it's just incidental to the happenings in the story

>Tldr: complete bullshit

If two sentences is too long, you're not a grown-up yet and aren't going to see it.

Not sure if my statements will apply to the dubbed version. I only watched that once, ages ago, and i don't remember seeing the same depth to the characters. Which was unfortunate, because i rather enjoyed the English voice acting relative to a lot of other anime.

Though my inability to see may be because i was a teenager at the time and hadn't yet learned to appreciate scenes like the one with Spike and Jet eating eggs. Maybe someday i'll watch the dub again to find out

>you have to be a grown up to appreciate a series most of Sup Forums saw when they were teenagers and can't get over the nostalgia even to this day

Cowboy Bebop was good butn othing special.

Nah, you're dumb.

The main storyline is actually pretty meh for the most part. The real appeal of the show is the subtle ways in which the crew learns to appreciate each other.

It has OVA-tier production values but it's a 26ep TV series, so just the superficial aspect of it is very special.

>Cowboy Bebop was good butn othing special

I regret, but on the other hand I got to know these characters for the first time only now. Loved Spike and his squad. Fucking hold me, I feel empty inside now

I'm really glad It's as popular as it is, fucking deserves it

Sunrise has been truly saving anime for years now

But I watched it recently and thought it's one of the best anime out there.
It has great animation, style, characters, music and the ending isn't shit.

Don't forget the movie

OP here, There's no point whining about the lack of plot, it's obviously strongly focusing on interactions between the main characters and how the side characters in each episode influence them

Watched ofc, before watching the last episodes, because I assumed that's how it should be watched

Now go watch space dandy my man

It's truly amazing and most memorable. It's like a good whiskey on the rocks after a shit day at work.

>implying I didn't watch it with Sup Forums
Eh I know it has the same creator, that's why I wish I had enjoyed it more. But on the other hand If it wasn't made for the younger audience, then It would just be cowboy Bebop again, so I understand why they made it for kids mainly

It's shit except for the ending.

space dandy is better episodic show anyway

Now watch some Samurai Champloo

>Space Dandy
>for kids

this show is the epitome of 9/10 for me

Still very good

I dropped samurai champloo, it felt like it was specifically made to be aired on BET.

9/10 is excellent
8/10 is very good

Sometimes things are popular for a reason

Should've just asked Ed's dad to kill Vicious

I didn't like the series too much but that movie is legit one the best anime movies I've ever seen.

I still don't get why everyone thinks this is amazing, it's fun but it has little character depth

This is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long time.

>little character depth
you can criticize this for a lot of things if you want to be nit-picky but this is one of the only things where you'd objectively be wrong.

Black Lagoon is better

Evangelion neon genesis is better

never heard of it

Is not overrated.

Madoka Magica is better.

only ep 13-14 (or 12-13 don't remember) and ep 25-26 were great the rest were mediocre shit with good ost

Animation quality alone makes the series a masterpiece

I wasn't that impressed by the ending that much and I still loved it. The character interactions, the "atmosphere" of the show and the versatility and quality of the stand alone episodes are what did it for me.

>watching Bebop for the story
You're doing it wrong

I mean... i liked it a lot when i was a teenager, but i don't think i appreciated it fully then like i did on my most recent watch.

Could be that i'm now more versed in the kinds of tropes used in anime, so the subtext to some of the characters/situations made more sense when i watched recently. Or i've grown up and some of the fatalism, male bonding, rivalry, etc stuff hit home more than it did when i was younger.

Either way, if you haven't watched it in a long long time, give it another shot. It's not like it's a bad anime either way. As others have said - good production, characters, music.

On my recent watch, i think the message to me was mostly about loneliness and how people crave connection while struggling with openness/vulnerability. Everybody on the show is an island, and yeah they learn to get along with each other, but even to the end any kind of love and appreciation is unspoken. It's all in between the lines.

>Jupiter Jazz pt 2 = Tumblr: the episode
Fuckin lol'd. Kinda true, but keep in mind Bebop came out in the late 90s. It may have actually been cutting edge social commentary back then, or something, idk.

Supposedly the movie takes place around ep22 of the series.

lol'd

Evangelion (original series, idk about the reboot movies) is deep and mindfucky, but it takes a couple watches and a few hours digging around online discussions to understand wtf is going on and what it all means

Why does the BD look so washed out and ugly, lads?

>muh classical
>muh jazz

>muh mistranslated yellow subs
>muh dub
I can see the similarity now.

good lord, people had to convince you to watch something so entry-level.

I WUZ ONLY KIDDING

Cowboy Bebop isn't supposed to be deep. At all. It's like Samurai Champloo with just a tiny bit more substance, and that's not a jab at Champloo.
If you had fun, it succeeded.

The hip hop, record scratches, and gangs doing graffiti didn't give you that vibe?

you would HATE Boondocks

Someone has a explanation of why Bandai put a shit ton of money on Bebop?