Would an anime based off an American conflict like the Gulf War or Somalia work?

Would an anime based off an American conflict like the Gulf War or Somalia work?

Only if they don't draw all westerns all weird like they often do.

There's already anime like that.

Care to reveal the name?

you guys are faggots.

Cat Shit One.
Black Lagoon.

Theres 2.

I don't know if it would work, but at least I could watch it and say my people have appeared in a chinese cartoon.

Not well.

Being in the army is boring. Most of the time youre just loitering around doing nothing at base or patrolling streets. At best you could get some COIN action but thats rare in reality.

Firefights themselves are boring as well and usually killing isnt done by soldiers themselves but with indirect fire. For average reader this would be rather dull and uninteresting. If you want spec ops kick down doors then there are better premises for that

Either you build manga based on troop interaction with themselves or the environment akin to the movie jarhead or you go full on unrealistic with lots of action.

However, if you choose to go unrealistic route then why should you limit yourself to modern conflicts? It makes the premise irrelevant.

Short version: it wouldnt work in practice

>Black Lagoon
>A fictional country
>Not an armed conflict

Is it hard being this stupid?

Probably. I'd rather see an anime about soviet spetznaz during WWII, but that's my dream that won't become real.

I dunno if they can make cooking seem intresting i think the right writer could do well with modern combat

There's the Genocidal Organ movie out that's all about depicting America's wars around the globe and follows a Special Forces captain on his missions. If you're an especially patriotic American you might be triggered by the ending though so fair warning.

Unless you want to watch GATE 2.0 where burgers are defeated en mass by japanese teenagers who stopped them from discriminating murdering locals for dem kill points bonuses, you are retarded for wanting such a thing.

How about adding supernatural elements?

The same way Izzeta was about WW2 you could make an anime about other wars.

Fuck supernatural, man. Anime has lots of supernatural shit already.

>tfw no Lone Survivor animu adaptation that actually covers the whole book
bonus suffering points if they made everyone cute girls too

I'd honestly enjoy a series that had firefights with guys just hunkered down behind some concrete shooting in the general direction of some specks behind some other concrete 100m away for 30 minutes. Could be pretty intense.

>No Generation Kill anime adaptation.

Why even live?

>no Generation Kill anime adaptation
>in which all the cast has been gender bender into cute girls

I wonder how hot genderbent Rudy would be.

>muscle girl
>yuri all the time
>complains about fat people and smug 24/7
It's certainly something you would expect to work

Icegirl please.

And Person lying down while a tank passes saying "it feels good".

Maybe when America gets in a real war where they too deal with the issue of their home soil being attacked day in and day out.

Seems like something for me. Hopes are high user and thank you for that title.

I think the last one was some Mexican war right?