Why does Austria even have an army?

Only 26,000 active soldiers, only 27,000 reservists. They are using Vietnam era equipment everywhere. Recently women have been integrated into the force, making the whole bunch a faggot non-working gender camp.

And then their airforce, 15 measly Eurofighters and a few trainer aircraft.

Why is Austria even a country? Would be better for them to be part of Germany, then their per capita refugee count would go down!

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrpflicht#Österreich
youtube.com/watch?v=FV0YZg9yltw
soldatin.bundesheer.at/Girls-Day-2017-Nachbericht-233
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's up with the increase in german shitposting about austria the last couple weeks

From personal experience in Helmand Province the Aussies are bro tier, Germans were by far the worst western troops in Afghanistan. You are below leafs at this point Hanz

Someone remind this Mohammedian cock sucker how Germany did in its last two wars.

Be reasonable, Schluchtenscheisser, and join Germany now. Or else!

Aussies are faggots, just look at pic related. How can they let this cute little girl and that boy from Mongolia in?

You don't need a lot of equipment and gadgets when you have the alps in your arsenal.

>Someone remind this Mohammedian cock sucker how Germany did in its last two wars.

We won both world wars. It is just you faggots have changed the history books after we won.

Pic related was literally the war minister of Austria until recently. A faggot.

Yeah, because this Austrian girlish army could even climb 5meters into the Alps. It would be 1938 all over again, they wouldn't even try.

>Be reasonable, Schluchtenscheisser, and join Germany now. Or else!

But Germany is our rightful clay?

>ewige Saupreiß
>talking shit about anyone after voting Merkel into power again

Yeah, sure, your girl army is sure gonna invade and rape our soyboys hard. Sure thing.

At least admit that your army is a shithole. It is underfunded, dominated by women folk and has literally no modern equipment. What do you spend on your defense? 0.5% of GDP?

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrpflicht#Österreich
>no draft
>calls himself a country
Pick one you """""greek"""""

european nato as a whole is utter garbage. underfunded, undermanned, undermaintained. with hardware in perpetual state of disrepair and reserves that exist only on paper. france and u.k. are the only countries with any power projection; the rest, especially southern flank, amount to shitty territorial brigades and national guard.

the scale, speed and intensity at which they all would be curbstomped and assraped without americans can not be conveyed through literary english

Our panzers work, our helicopters dont need ADAC training, our foreign deployments work perfectly.

Fuck off Kraut.

>Our panzers work, our helicopters dont need ADAC training, our foreign deployments work perfectly.
Are you freaking serious? You use the same main battle tank as freaking Turkey. the Leo 2A4. Look at pic related, this is one of YOUR 56 tanks in Syria slammed into the ground by a few ISIS nutheads which probably grew up in Vienna.

Wanna come over with your broomstick army?

Your tanks are broken down sitting around waiting to be towed away to be broken down, ours actually work.

Just recently? Ha! Sex changes have been around since Jack the ripper or maybe time itself.

lol. Germany will have to be renamed into Gerfew.

Is that active military personnel?
Why not count reserves?

>Your tanks are broken down sitting around waiting to be towed away to be broken down, ours actually work.
Absolutely untrue. We are currently investing 700 million in upgrading all our 320 Leos to the Leo 2A7. We are literally spending double as much money into these upgrades than you spent on all your main battle tanks ... ever.

Its wasted money.

You have half the size of the French army but spend more on it, yet you dont even have 1/10th of the French capabilities.

If the autopsy photos of Saddam Hussein's family are any indication, you'll be needing those tanks in the upcoming civil war against your muslim replacements.

it's a fake country founded by jews after ww2

Oh and...
>Germany: The German Army operated 2,125 Leopard 2s of all versions. To reduce maintenance costs, the German military has sold, donated or scrapped 90% of its inventory. Approximately 250 Leopard 2 tanks are in service as of March 2015.[163] This number will be increased to 328 A6, A6M and A7 tanks
>Only 10 % left

Cucks.

8.7 million Austrians - 26,000 active soldiers (thereof 12,000 draftees), that is 2.9 soldiers per 1000 inhabitants.

82 million Germans - 210,000 active soldiers (by 2021) - 2.6 active soldiers for 1000 inhabitans (0 draftees)

There is a reason we spend 45 billion euros on our war capabilities and you just spent 2.5 billion.

>You have half the size of the French army but spend more on it
We have more active soldiers than France, kiddo. We also have a higher GDP per capita (so wages are higher) and we spend about as much on defense as France. The only real difference is that France has a nuclear arsenal and an aircraft carrier. Those two items take up billions of their budget, making their other capabilities underfunded.

You were saying?

We have a militia system like the Swiss. 8.8 mil, 55.000 soldiers incl. militia = 6.25 soldiers per 1.000

Also, we could increase our army tomorrow, if we wished to do so. You can't, as you're not fully souvereign. Your maximum army according to the Two Plus Four Agreement is 370,000 soldiers. That's roughly what Austria had during the Cold War.

Are you kidding? You are literally quoting a number that includes their reservists and their gendarmie. France calls their gendarms "part of the paramilitary" for historic reasons only, not because they are all active soldiers - they are overweight cheese eating policemen.

Guess what, if we included all our police force (which can be mobilized in terms of war) into our numbers, we would be at 400,000.

>We have a militia system like the Swiss. 8.8 mil, 55.000 soldiers incl. militia = 6.25 soldiers per 1.000

What is an active soldier, mate?

No, someone who completed 6 months as a draftee isn't. I would actually say that your draftees do not count at all. You cannot deploy them, they know fuck all nothing about war.

So essentially, you have 14,000 active soldiers. That is 1.5 soldier per 1000 inhabitants. And your budget is virtually nothing. I don't even know how you can afford the gasoline for your vehicles.

The "Bulle von Tölz" is not militarized police, the gendarmes are.

Suck it.

>The "Bulle von Tölz" is not militarized police, the gendarmes are.
Yeah, and the gendarms are pic related (you made them all to policemen a few years ago because it made no sense to call them gendarms and they couldn't do fuck all in the armed forces).

France is exactly the same.

France is not Austria.

They are active because they regularly have to do exercises (usually an up to 10-day maneuver) after their service. And they are deployed all the time, side-by-side with career soldiers to UN (or similar) missions, with great success. All they have to do is volunteer.

So yes, they are real soldiers, immediately available in case of conflict. Plus they bring in valuable extra skills, because they actually have a profession.

>underfunded
of course it is like basically all european armies

>dominated by women folk
women in german army: ~12%
women in austrian army: ~3,6%

>They are active because they regularly have to do exercises (usually an up to 10-day maneuver) after their service.

My father had to do that until he was 30 and I can tell you, he was not a soldier. He knew shit nothing about war, even though he was born in ww2. And he was a Wachtmeister when they finally stopped calling him to the biannual shitshow that is the militia training. Yes, he was Austrian. And that was during times there was actually a cold war ongoing with Soviets and nukes stationed a few km from the Austrian border.

Your draftees do not count as soldiers at all and your militia can't do shit anything. Active soldiers are those that can be deployed abroad.

>women in german army: ~12%
>women in austrian army: ~36%
yeah, that is what I said

Then maybe your father is the problem. More than half of Austrian soldiers doing service abroad ARE militia. So they can be deployed, because they are.

>More than half of Austrian soldiers doing service abroad ARE militia.
Absolute BS. Absolute absolute absolute BS.

>Then maybe your father is the problem.
My father was a decent man. Shit on someone else. He did his duty to his fatherland for more than 12 years, even though he had 3 kids already. He never complained. You couldn't do what he did in your whole NEET life.

is there a big difference between a5 and a7? You are modernizing your leos, France is modernizing their leclercs and we are the only ones still working with rheinmetal on the new generation tank. Why the fuck don't you want a new tank?
Source because this situation is so bizarre because no one will believe me without it.
youtube.com/watch?v=FV0YZg9yltw

They are speedbumps. They are meant to simply delay an invasion until we can come save you. Same is true of all European militaries.

The 2A7 is best battle tank in Europe right now. If you don't believe me, go look it up yourself. There is literally no need for a new tank, especially considering what the job of a 2A7 will be... blowing up ISIS type jihadists and making sure they can't blow up the 2A7 from the side or rear.

The Schluchtenscheisser need a old fashioned beating, a good german Rückhandschelle and he knows his place.

Saw an Austrian soldier in Salzburg many years ago, looked like he was moving to or from a new duty station.

I genuinely didn't know Austria had a military.

Next you will tell me you have Tigers too...

>There is literally no need for a new tank
*blocks your path*

Huh, it's kind of wierd to see an army that isn't using some camo pattern in 2018.

Germany is so big, we have everything! Did you know that Germany has Einzelfälle?

did someone say T-I-G-E-R-S?

>Einzelfälle

TIGERS, the Polish BENIS equivalent...

shill get another IP please

>Absolute BS. Absolute absolute absolute BS.

No, it's not, do your research.

Honestly, I can tell that you obviously haven't done your time serving, and have no idea what you're talking about. So what are you even arguing?

I don't know your father, but at least he did his duty, fine. But sorry, if he did 9 months of service (back then), regular training for 12 years, and still "knew nothing" (as you say), then ... well, I don't even know what to say, as it's basically not possible for someone with average intelligence.

And stop being defensive about your father. I'm just trolling back.

>German talking shit about Austrian military proficiency
Austrians comprised the majority of the elite Gebirgsjager infantry, who pretty much singlehandedly held Army group south together, repeatedly preventing a total collapse of the entire front

Underrated post, have a (You)

Holy shit they are not even adults

>Why does Austria even have an army?

Bundeswehr is also shit. Your whole country is pile of garbage.
You can make fun of the Habsburg but you are the one whos wife mother or sister is being raped by a sand nigger while shitposting on Sup Forums

They are actual school children at one of those "Girls' Day" events where they are trying to interest them for the army, and possibly for a later career there (once they're grown up). German poster is intentionally trolling.

soldatin.bundesheer.at/Girls-Day-2017-Nachbericht-233