This is simply discrimination against males, but what do I know

making.duolingo.com/how-duolingo-achieved-a-5050-gender-ratio-for-new-software-engineer-hires

>For the purpose of this post, we are referring to male and female genders, although we recognize that many other genders exist.

18% of CS graduates are women and you managed to get a 50:50 recruit.

Other urls found in this thread:

quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Down with white men!

>pushing WMBF

Been seeing a lot more of this lately. It's not subtle at all. Loads of WMXF in general. [[[They]]] don't want golden and brown men to survive. They want their extinction.

in a truly equal society they would be 18%

actually no the people with most merit would be the ones that got hired

The problem with this sort of thing, which they don't seem to understand is, if you actively discriminate for one group, you do that, in effect, by discriminating against another group (always white males) so yeah, fuck that nonsense.

FUCK MEN! NOW LOOK AT US AND BUY OUR FUCKIGN SHIT WHATEVER IT TAKES! JUST INSTALL OUR FUCKING APP SO WE CAN GET THAT SWEET BIG DATA REVENUE YOU STUPID FUCKING WHITE MALE!

I would assume that is not a male

>>>We secured the best new graduates for software engineering roles, but we noticed something: they were all male
aahhahahahahahahahahahahahh

> she might have been worse at the job, but at least she is a she

If I go get a CS degree and claim to be trans will I be safe as a fucking white male?

I am 6'3 and gigantic, but have long hair already

Don't even have to change anything about your appearance. Just pretend to be gay or identify as a she

The left is so unable to put two and two together that it's not even funny.

Get the job, keep the schlong, just go from John to Jessica.

When it asks your gender on the application just list it as trans

But why. These statements are always couched as self evident "x NEEDS more y" but nobody ever lools further than that. Why does tech NEED more women when it got by completely fine for years without them?

I already wear earrings and jewelry because of MIUH HERITAGE and get mistaken for a women constantly.

Made mistake of getting two years in automotive because I am a gigantic faggot.

Downside is I only have AAS in automotive D:

>Muh equality and progressive thinking

>engineers
Watch them fail.

>18% of CS graduates are women and you managed to get a 50:50 recruit.

So...how's that working out for them?

Honestly it sounds like one of those issues that will solve itself in time.

I like this app though. Sure, they insert niggers and sandniggers every chance they get, but it's still useful.

Duolingo sucks anyways, I used it and it takes longer to teach you the basics than a Spanish class takes to teach you the entire language. Not sure why it's so popular. It's just flash cards turned into an app...

It's their first batch. It's a matter of time, I guess. But I've seen similar discrimination cases fail miserably; not necessarily against men, but they fail in the end.

>18% of CS graduates are women

Really?

In my class we had 148 guys, 1 lesbian and one weird chick that quit halfway through the first year.
I have also never met a female programmer irl, and I've worked with dozens of guys and interviewed dozens of candidates.

"Tech needs more women."

Why though? I feel like this is one of those statements like "diversity is our strength". Why? It's such a strange thing, these people just say these things as if it's a given and never actually put a modicum of thought into it--they never question it. How the fuck does the technology industry benefit in any way from more female employees, or black employees, or whatever else? What does being a woman have to do with your ability to code or manage/design complex systems? Why does tech, in specific, need more women, relative to all of the other extremely male-dominated fields such as, say, construction? Why is this empty, mad platitude allowed to run through so many people's minds without a second of critical examination?

Tech needs more people in general.

But if you see how much tech has advanced compared to other fields, and how profitable it is, then it's laughable to claim tech needs any change whatsoever.

I would welcome more girls in tech related studies.
But if it's not happening then it's not a big problem for tech, no.

>mars needs more people from jupiter

ok thanks jews gonna bend myself backwards just so this can happen thank you master

the soylent grin strikes again.

Women don't need to care about mansplainers like you, you shitlord.

Say you’re ftm, no need to tell them that you’re actually mtftm

quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/

>Here, I just want to take a step back from the memo controversy, to highlight a paradox at the heart of the ‘equality and diversity’ dogma that dominates American corporate life. The memo didn’t address this paradox directly, but I think it’s implicit in the author’s critique of Google’s diversity programs. This dogma relies on two core assumptions:

>The human sexes and races have exactly the same minds, with precisely identical distributions of traits, aptitudes, interests, and motivations; therefore, any inequalities of outcome in hiring and promotion must be due to systemic sexism and racism;

>The human sexes and races have such radically different minds, backgrounds, perspectives, and insights, that companies must increase their demographic diversity in order to be competitive; any lack of demographic diversity must be due to short-sighted management that favors groupthink.

>The obvious problem is that these two core assumptions are diametrically opposed.