How can a statue like this be so beautiful and flexible at the same time?

How can a statue like this be so beautiful and flexible at the same time?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yuurionviktor/status/863531183107432449
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that harlot is ruining more marriages than seung gil

good evening fellow /yoi/s

How can this man be a pure maiden and a slut at the same time?

Shut up

chihoko is a slut

>half a page ofanimators discussing Victor tits and male nipples

And now for tales of animator suffering

Interviewer: Shishido-san, how did you end up working on YOI?
S: I got an offer saying, we're doing a figure skating anime, would you like to work on it? I figured it's pretty rare to get the chance to work on something like a TV series anime with figure skating. I thought it sounded interesting and accepted. The truth is that I accepted because I just really wanted to draw the storyboards for figure skating, but in the end I didn't get to draw a single one.
Everyone: (laughs)
S: Yamamoto-san's love for figure skating was too strong, and she told me, "I'm going to draw all of them." In the end I ended up doing a lot of different things

(talking about the footage of Miyamoto for skating scenes)
Tatenaka: If we were doing rotoscoping, we'd have taken footage that would be as close as possible to what we were going to recreate, including the composition and level of polish. But for YOI, the footage that was taken for reference wasn't taken like that. We had to observe the reference footage and then try to make it match the storyboards, so we had the additional work of recomposing everything.
H: By looking at the reference footage and then making adjustments to match the angles in the storyboards.
T: Yeah, yeah. It was incredibly difficult.
I: At first, we were animating by watching the reference footage, and then in the middle we switched over to using 3D models as a base

H: For parts of it, anyway. Depending on the character.
Abiko: It was problematic with the sheer number of episodes and figure skating scenes with new characters besides Yuuri and Yurio, so we had no choice but to use CG.
S: We made the 3D models using the reference footage as a base, so the movements were faithfully reproduced.
A: However, Shishido-san said that this was no good, and it ended up being a case of trial-and-error.
Itou: From that point on, we ended up reusing a 3d model of Minami-kun.
Interviewer: So the model you made for Minami-kun ended up being the base.

S: Although it was a really simplified figure, the facial expressions and such were made to look pretty spot on, so it ended up being a bad thing that the first 3D model was Minami-kun. After that, even when we had characters with different body types, we were reusing the model of Minami-kun for them. For example, if we just stretched out the torso, it would just get longer but not have enough width to it. And on top of that, since it was always a model of Minami-kun's face with his cute, giant eyes, it was really difficult trying to turn that into other characters.
H: And for staff members who hadn't gotten the details on this way of doing things, they'd just draw following along those proportions, which is why the bodies ended up looking that way.

what do you think of my posters

S: If it had been any character but Minami-kun, it would've been fine, but since the first one we made just happened to be Minami-kun, with his small body type...
H: I think if it had first been around Phichit-kun's proportions, we would've been able to handle it.
S: Minami-kun's basic model didn't have any hair on it, and it had this big grin on its face, so we all started calling him Marukome-kun (see picture for what they're referring to) And although the footage with the 3D models was faithfully reproducing the actions of the original reference footage, it's not like the staff who created the 3D knew a lot about skating, so even if they followed the original footage perfectly, once you looked at it you could see that minor aspects of the balance and movements were different. Tatenaka-san and Abiko-san had to fix up these spots

Fuck, forgot the pic as well.

And here's the part about Sayo's deep investment in fagskate
H: After episode 6, Shishido-san and Otsuka-san had a discussion with Sayo-san about whether or not there was any meaning in showing all of the programs of so many skaters, and in the end, they lost that one.
S: In editing, with everything all put together, it was already 10 minutes overtime. And we couldn't cut 10 minutes. I'd say, this character isn't really that established, so is there really any meaning in showing that much of their skating? Then Yamamoto-san would say, "No, I won't let you reduce the jumps" or "You can't just cut it off in the middle of the song."

S: Her love for figure skating is too strong, and she didn't want to cut out a single part of it. Since someone like me is a step removed from that, I can look and easily understand the parts we didn't need to keep, but I just couldn't win against her love for figure skating.

Save them

H: We knew there wouldn't be any skating scenes in episode 10, so back when we were working on episodes 7~9 we were all going, "HURRY UP AND COME TO US, EPISODE 10." (laughs) But around then we'd finally built up some finished animation for skating scenes, so it was getting easier to do, and when episode 10 actually came around it was like, "Ugh, can't we have some skating scenes?" (laughs) Since there weren't any skating scenes, we had to draw everything.

S: There were more cuts of regular scenes, too.
I: I had more to oversee the production of, and I thought I'd fallen into a horrible trap.
H: During that time, Tatenaka-san and Abiko-san were skipping ahead and working on the figure skating scenes for the later episodes.
T: We were like, "YEAH, we've gotten 4 days back in our schedule!!" (laughs)
H: We were just screaming.
A: I felt like I'd finally started to get a smile back on my face around then.
I: Episode 10 killed us the most.
T: I thought I'd gotten back 4 days of work with episode 10, but everything I got back was eaten up in an instant working on episode 11. 12 was the last one, so I just went all out without thinking about what would happen after that.

That looks great user

(talking about how the work was divided)
T: I worked on Yuuri's free skate and things, too. The truth is our roles were supposed to be divided so I'd work on Yurio and Abiko-san would work on Yuuri.
A: Partway through, though, it just ended up being the case where if we had our hands free we'd work on whatever cuts we could.
T: It was the same for people working on characters. We usually did meetings about things in a hurry, too, so there were times I'd forget. The cuts I was supposed to be working on would completely slip from my mind, and then later I'd get asked, "How's this cut coming along?" and I'd go, "GWAH!"
I: Yeah, things like that happened (laughs)
(skipping)
I: We all had no idea how the other people's jobs were going, and so all we could do was try our best to get our own work done.
T: We didn't even have the chance to ask what was going on for other people. Like if we wanted to ask "How's it going?" we wouldn't even get to finish the "how" in the question.
I: Looking at the finished product, it's mysterious we were able to find some way to air it without any accidents. Each division found some way to keep things in check.
A: Normally we'd know how we wanted to complete everything when we were checking over things because we'd have a grasp of the whole thing, but for YOI we had to do our work without knowing how anyone else was doing.
H: Although it was still kind of incomplete, in the end we still did it somehow. It's kind of baffling.
T: Maybe that's just because we're so amazing?

Do you think all of the top fagskaters bond over yoi?

>tfw decided to go to my local ice rink and act out my fantasy of being yuri
>go to the counter, get a ticket for one
>the early-20s male looks at me strangely since I’m not with anyone else
>asks me what brought me here today
>”Well I really like Yuri on Ice and wanted to see what it was like myself. Have you heard of it?”
>says ”I, uh, have, yeah” uncomfortably
>have to guess which shoe size is right for my skates
>after trying 3 different sizes on, go back to the size I first picked but tighten the straps after the guy told me I needed to
>stand up, realize balancing on skates is hard
>hold onto the rail to get to the entrance of the rink itself
>step onto the ice, slip and fall straight away
>took half an hour before I could make a single step without holding onto the wall
>suddenly the lights all go off
>it’s 'disco hour' which apparently just means music is louder and there are lots of colored lights
>some time later I can skate the length of the rink without holding onto the wall or falling over (not turning but that isn't important)
>want to try jumping
>remember how in yoi they kick the ice and use that to jump into the air
>try kicking the ice just to see what it's like
>the supervisor sees me
>gets mad, starts shouting at me about damaging the ice or something
>try to tell him I'm just practicing my jumping
>he doesn't listen and tells me to leave
>tfw got kicked out even though there was half an hour left in the session

sorry user but that is hilarious
if it makes you feel any better I was laughing like a maniac at the mental image of this post

user

why would you admit that you're there for yoi?

>remember how in yoi they kick the ice and use that to jump into the air
What the fuck are you talking about, do you mean jumping off a toe pick?

I don't know why they kicked you out though, giving you a warning is one thing but that's too harsh. Maybe go to another rink and just try a learn to skate class instead of jumping like a retard.

what's a toe pick?

The jagged edge at the front of the skate

>attempting to jump without even getting the basics of skating down
user...

th..thank you

I don't remember seeing that

Were you skating with Hockey skates?

Not all rental skates have them, or they just have very small ones. You need them if you ever want to try figure skating though.

This explains a lot. I always found the jump animation annoying because the bodies looked so stretched. I hope they'll make a new model based on Phichit for the movie. And schedule the whole thing better so the animation will be polished.

Minna no kuji -Vkusno!!!- blanket with new art preview

>fairy in the middle
Who asked for this? Certainly not Fairy

looks comfy af but at the same time
>sanwiched Fairy between BaldFat

Fairy is used as a cockblock device for Baldfat in merch it's so obvious

On one hand I wish Fairy was cuddling with Bike instead, as is right and good.

On the other it's kind of hilarious to imagine that this came about because Fairy has a catlike need to squeeze himself into ridiculous places.

Fairy in the middle is better than him off to the side, at least this way he isn't thirdwheeling quite as obviously

Threesome confirm!

It's too small but it seems Bald is staring at Piggy again

whose phone is that?

Leo's

who's phone dis?

>dog? very cute!

somebody needs to tell the English VA's to stop pandering so hard

twitter.com/yuurionviktor/status/863531183107432449

>victor voiced by an old man

He and Suwabe don't no homo Baldfat at least.

why does this surprised you?

This may very well be a future canon line kek
He really got into the character

Suwabe doesn't do the stupid Russian accent though

Toyonaga is hilariously in denial. I hope Baldfat have implied sex so I can hear him try to explain it in a way that isn't homo.

They were having a passionate embrace.

Daku IS used as a sex euphemism though so that wouldn't actually be wrong

Fairy needs to fuck off and let the adults do adult things

He's in denial, not dumb. I think even the interviewers wouldn't touch on the subject, if the context was so obvious.

He's preserving the heterosexuality of the show, good Christian boy

All while he gobbles a Kazkah dick.

That's fucking glorious.

Isn't that the same word they used in AnimeStyle when referring to The Kiss/Hug in episode 7?

You're an idiot and this sounds like something a dumblr whale would do.

Tender, yes. Intimate, maybe. Sexual, less.

Is it just me or are hire skates a different type as well? Like they're the general hockey skate but with a thicker blade for safety reasons or something? Because I went skating recently and looked at the blades on the hire skates and I swear they were like a full cm thick. The lighting wasn't the best and I didn't put it right up against my eye but I'm sure it was way more than 3mm

How come Yuuri calls his one time crush "cute" but he can't even say Victor is attractive? Aren't they supposed to be a couple?

Yuuko wasn't a crush
He said Victor was so sexy it could get him pregnant

That only applied to his skating though

Yuuko is cute objectively, and although he probably liked her in the past, Yuuri wasn't using "kawaii" in a sexual way.
Victor is literally the responsible for his sexual awakening, I don't feel the need to hear Yuuri says he's attractive, his actions speak louder than words.

Thinking someone is "kawaii" doesn't necessarily mean you think they're attractive.

Yuuko is never fully clarified but it definitely appeared to be a crush.

He still thinks Victor is sexy as hell.

his actions can be interpreted as friendship until he states that it's sexual attraction

Never watched The Cutting Edge?

Anime fans today are so obsessed for the verbal confirmation in every show the watch, they miss the point of visual narrative.

Guys, he literally calls Victor "hot" and then says his eros could get him pregnant.

That's still calling Victor sexy. He called him a genius and shit, and didn't disagree when Takeshi called Victor sexy.

She's not though.

>Bald staring longingly at Piggy while being cockblocked by Fairy yet again

Is that a matryoshka with katsudon on the left?

Wouldn't at least lament that his supposed fiance is good looking?

>Season 2 shows Yuuri with a BaldFat toddler in his arms
>"B-But they didn't say it was more than friendship!"

>lament
Why would he lament?
Doesn't he already always blush at Victor a lot?

It's not love until they say "aishiteru"

The show may not have gone to clarify the homo without the slightest shadow of doubt, but to choose the friendship interpretation requires beyond Olympic level mental gymnastics.

It is often very sexual, user, it's used in nipland the same way we use "slept with"

Takeshi also called Yuuri sexy but they aren't supposed to be a couple.

Yuuri will be a good mother, I believe.

>friends can't hug
>friends can't kiss ironically as a prank ("this was the only thing I could think of that would surprise you")
>friends can't get friendship rings

This. Read this everyone.
We have a champion.

>it's not love
It's literally reiterated many times in the show it is love.

>heterosexual men don't acknowledge the fact that hollywood male celebrities are sexy
???

That's a big cock

It will never be love for western hetfags even if their balls touch

Don't you want to bear your bro child user?

You seriously believe that was a prank?

You didn't really see the tone between those two scenes, did you? Which one was said with stuttering and blushing? hint, it's not Takeshi

>this was the only thing I could think of that would surprise you
Victor was clearly trying to do the most shocking thing he could think of. That doesn't mean there was genuine emotion behind it, just that it was meant to get a reaction out of yuri. That's a prank.

but do they say that they're so sexy they could get pregnant by them

>what is context
You're trying too hard, I rate this bait 1/10

What will his next prank be? Shoving his dick up his ass? Victor's such a prankster

The framing of the scene was romantic.

Yoi is so different from other bait anime yet they do the same exact shit. It's a no homophobia world yet characters in a same sex relationships don't get treated the same like their het counterparts do.

wonder how he's gonna "prank" Yuuri next

They do get treated the same. Everyone treats them like and accepts them as a couple.

I was struggling to understand what that thing was, now I see it, nice catch

How? The only person that takes Victor/yuris relationship seriously is Phichit.

They got more attention from the finalists and support than JJ and his cumdump

Fairy takes it seriously