Did nihei drop his new manga, i can't find anything past the first chapter. Or is there just no translation

Did nihei drop his new manga, i can't find anything past the first chapter. Or is there just no translation.

I thought he was more popular, there is literally no one talking about it

Other urls found in this thread:

comixology.eu/APOSIMZ-1/digital-comic/491611
youtu.be/Q4sPkS8b62Q
mangabrog.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/a-2016-interview-with-tsutomu-nihei/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There were a couple threads about it when TLs came out. Nothing new = nothing to stimulate discussion.

All chapters have been translated. Search danke-Empire.

comixology.eu/APOSIMZ-1/digital-comic/491611

Three chapters are out.

Support official scanlations even if the translations are a bit off!

>danke-Empire.
Thanks

Only three chapters out so far, they've all been translated and released officially by Kodansha through comiXology. Chapter 4 is out next week.

And MC's ultimate move is called Everything But The Girl.
youtu.be/Q4sPkS8b62Q

Anyone else miss Nihei's dark and moody pre-digital art style?

I do.

Lurk moar or pay, don't be a leecher.

Stop.

I do, at least we have the author of Dorohedoro.

I was looking through Blame! Academy and So On yesterday and was a bit disappointed to realize that he redrew a bunch of that art, but at least at the time it was mostly just the faces he changed.

Oh shit I didn't even know about this, fuck yeah

Did he forget how to do shading, because the shading in this is dog shit, or is it an artistic choice?

Now his daughter is controlling him.

Absolute garbage.

Literally every Nihei thread has someone complaining about his modern artwork, so obviously no one misses his older style at all.

It started during Knights of Sidonia.

Started drawing digitally, inking with just rough outlines, and doing most of the shading in grays with halftone. Very little black.

Aposimz is pushing it even further. Minimal inking, no black shading at all.

It might be experimental, or a deliberate design choice to make it look... washed out, or something. I'm not sure.

I don't like it. It's clear he still has the same basic design sense from the lineart, but the inking and excessive use of screentone just makes it look bland.

It's better but he makes more money with his newer series so he'll probably never go back to it.

I think he got tired of spending so much time on each panels. I'm pretty sure he can draw in his new style much faster

I'm not sure about that. The lineart is definitely quicker, but it takes a lot more time to use multiple screentone patterns than it would to just shade in black and highlight in white with a lot of contrast.

That's the main issue with Aposimz. No contrast. It was fine in Knights of Sidonia when he was using blacks for shadows.

Is this supposed to be an actual question?

Wow, compared with the left panel, his new style looks retarded. Lost all edges and became just a generic anime fan art.

Is Iko a girl?

>Tfw

Aye.

He should be doing the characters with high contrast black and white lineart, and the backgrounds in screentone.

Instead, he's doing the opposite. Maybe he's experimenting with the medium, but it's definitely not as pleasing to look at.

Lots of answers about his art and tone shift in this interview :
mangabrog.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/a-2016-interview-with-tsutomu-nihei/

>The art in Knights of Sidonia does seem quite different from your previous work.

>Nihei: Yeah, I wanted the art to have a Tezuka-level mass appeal. (laugh) I even considered changing my pen name when I was starting Knights of Sidonia. I wanted the story to be simple, too – nothing that would lose the reader. But while I was making it as user-friendly as possible, though, I figured it was important to make sure it’s still fun for me to draw in some way, so I chose to work within my favorite genre: robot manga.

It's obviously by choice. Aposimz takes place in a snowy wasteland. Sidonia was a cleaner futuristic setting, not gritty cyberpunk like his last several series.

There's nothing wrong with his current art, and he's actually gotten a lot better at things like drawing people. People are just asspained it isn't the darker style they prefer, but objectively it's not any worse. Nihei himself said in an interview he feels like his progression has been natural, but people won't let go of their conspiracy theories that his daughter is controlling him or he's doing it on purpose to piss on them.

>objectively it's not any worse
His designwork is still good, but the lack of contrast makes it a bit hard on the eyes, imo.

nah, his new style is way less time consuming for sure. He didn't just fill in stuff with pure black before, it required a lot of screen tones as well as a shitload of hatching and whatnot.