>flip flappers
>alice to zouroku
>boku no hero academia
>chaos;child
>matoi the sacred slayers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a0fBoJkphJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucking hate their logo when I watch an anime which was broadcasted on it. It's distracting as hell.

Aren't they the ones that do the weird english dubs for asia?

Better than Hero Tv

They don't ? What are you talking about ?

God Tier channel when they debuted... was a dream come true.

Until they decided to dub all their shows with the same 5 people.

The dubs ain't that bad. They do have local dub for each language in SEA though.
Except for simulcasts shows.

>distracted by a tiny ass logo
Do you legitimately have autism?

>tiny
TBS, MBS, NHK, etc. have a very small logo and translucent in color, while Animax takes up more space and solid blue which make it very distracting in comparison. You are fucking retarded.

their google translate-y sub is kinda a let down for me. but hey, at least I don't have to wait for horriblesubs when it's "express from japan" (case in point: flip flappers)

not anymore

still, why the fuck would you get distracted by a fucking tiny logo on the top right corner? it's not even animated ffs

They had better Gabriel Dropout subs that Crunchy memesubs

I remember in Malaysia they dubbed Sgt. Keroro, also possibly Yu Yu Hakusho and The Law of Ueki. Not sure about Ranma. But I do remember that all swears were dubbed as "Darn it!".

Used them to watch the simulcast of Fullmetal Alchemist back in the day. Also watched the entirety of The Law of Ueki there.

When the network finally activated selectable voice track and selectable subtitle language it was a godsend.

I had a phase where it turned into a gook variety show channel instead of an Anime channel but thank fuck that's over.

The channel that introduced me to non-mainstream animu basically

>tfw they replaced animax with some shitty channel for toddlers because there aren't enough weebs in your country

The fact that their subs are off by 0.5 seconds never fails to annoy me. Still, I have a longer attention span while sitting on the couch so I sometimes watch things that I don't normally watch.

Fuck them and their big ass logo.

I know the FMAB and Ghost stories they showed had different English dubs than the ones in America.

I usually watch them when I have no internet connection, really nice.

I liked their hell girl dub. Ai sounds creepier there than in the other dub or even the Japanese one. It saddens me that I can't find it anywhere, and that it will probably be lost.

They don't broadcast in my country anymore

I'm not enjoying anime on Animax compared to when I was watching anime on Wowow.

Frankly this, most of the times their dubs are better than American ones, hell more than any other dubs too. It fits in so well, and the audio is mastered nicely too, so the voices aren't overly loud like amateur productions. I like 1st season Hayate dub.

Too bad about the last one. Can't find the rips anywhere.

got off air in my country because no one watches it.

Good:
They brought ELISA, May'n, and Nagi Yanagi to my country last year.
Bad:
Pic related; they didn't bother to get you-know-who to come here in 2015, and by the time their 2016 event happened here, she had already retired.

Good:
Introduced me to a lot of anime; arguably made me the anime fan that I am today.
Bad:
Their dubs, also a lot of their shows then and now were crap. Also, they tended to overhype underwhelming shows back then (not sure if that's still the case now).

Same here. I found it hilarious that their Hayate VA also did the voice of Ritsu for their K-On dub. As in the exact same voice.

Well at least Animax SEA has some variety. It's mother channel in Japan is just 5 episode marathons of the same anime every damn week.

The only thing they did wrong is to air JoJo starting from Part 4

Yeah, that's what's sad about it. All those good dubs and yet almost no way to find them. They should start selling them or something. I still can't finish Hell Girl because I remember how better the Animax version is.

>sponsored by Nips

I got my front seat tickets for Video Games Live from them

Funny story: Nips is actually made by a Flip company. It's basically rip-off M&M's, but hey, they're cheap.

A Flip company owned by a rich Chink who migrated here.

So the flip nips are sponsoring a flip event so flips can be nips?

Are you also from Poland?

It was a Malaysian event, actually. The company that makes Nips (Universal Robina) is Filipino but has a presence in several countries in Southeast Asia. I guess they wanted to raise their brand awareness in Malaysia or something.

>It was a Malaysian event, actually
You say that like there is a difference.

There's a difference. The 2015 even in Malaysia had Mami Kawada, ELISA, and May'n. The 2016 event here had ELISA and May'n, in addition to Nagi Yanagi and Ami Wajima. Unfortunately, Mami couldn't make it because she retired.

Oddly, the event wasn't repeated in Malaysia for 2017 and was replaced by some event caleld AnimeXover, which was announced like two weeks before the event and only got angela. I wonder what happened.

>There's a difference
But there isn't. Malysian, Flip all the same shit.

I love the K-On!! English dub.

Where could I find animax english dubbed anime ?

I wish AXN went back to showing anime.

Same here, got into anime by watching animax, just a couple of weeks ago they shut animax down and replaced it with a kids channel. They basically switched all their anime content on their online streaming service, which begs the point of why don't I just pirate it instead then?

What country?

It was absolutely god-tier when it first appeared.
Instead of just watching Pokemon, DragonballZ and Digimon on CartoonNetwork, it introduced me to stuff like Cardcaptor Sakura, Law of Ueki, Saiyuki etc which were great. Not to mention the music videos in the small interval between episodes.

Damn that was a beautiful childhood.
youtube.com/watch?v=a0fBoJkphJY

dead and gone for over 4 years
>other channels stopped airing their animes around the same time too
>anime in tv in my country is fucking dead except for dragon ball and pokemon
>i missed it

In latam, they changed Animax by the fucking Sony Spin >:(

but before it was that fucking cancer "sesiones con alejandro franco" at all times in that fucking channel

>tfw I got both Hero TV and Animax
>tfw local TV (through Telesuccess and another company) still get newer shows like Kantai Collection and Musaigen no fucking Phantom World
>tfw lived in a time where AXN had broadcast the entire Fushigi Yuugi series, down to the final OVAs

Feels fucking good being a Flip anime fan. Although censorship happens, it's not as terrible as the ones in Indonesia or Malaysia, and the local dubbing could be arguably better because there's an established group of people who had been working on dubs for decades already.

Nah, that was foxkids.
Animax is the one which makes really shitty homemade shows, and sometimes they even broadcast anime.

Is it true you guys got a Prisma Illya dub in flipland?

Yep, courtesy of Hero TV. However, it looks like they will skip that particular season that's heavy on fanservice.

They also recently picked up 91Days and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, the classic otaku romance comedy.

It would be better though if we had more anime events that got bigger Nip celebrities. 2016 was a good start but we're still behind the event scene of other SEA countries.

I liked Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Actually, it's a bad idea unless it's gated behind really high costs or a nice location (like that one limited concert held in SM Aura). Conventions are often rife with uncivilized congoers, and harassment is always a problem.

Unless that's fixed, don't expect a convention the size of AFA here.

On another note, it's great to hear that cinemas are starting to pick up anime movies. Although chances of a Kizu showing are nil, wholesome ones like Kimi no Na Wa and Koe no Katachi shouldn't have no problems being shown.

I just wish one of them would bring back Crayon Shin-chan or NGE even if it's on a midnight timeslot. Hero TV did it on Death Note so why not?

Licenses expire, so someone would have to pitch in the idea of bringing them back.

I remember the day clearly, flipping through the channels and landing on Animax airing a dubbed K-on! episode. My life's been downhill ever since that day.

>be last year
>channel surfing at 2AM
>fucking SyFy aired an anime
caught me by surprised
it was dubbed too

Wasn't the Kamen Rider Kabuto English dub made for the Philippines?