Red pill me about capital punishment!

Right or wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

japaninsides.com/44-days-of-hell-the-murder-story-of-junko-furuta/
abcnews.go.com/US/charged-capital-murder-houston-couple-executed-gated-community/story?id=52404126
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

right

/thread

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Apparenty, killing in war is translated differently from Kill in this commandment.

If it isn't war, you must not kill. It is unchristian to tolerate it.

Just my two cents.

There's gonna be a lot of capital punishment pretty soon.

There's a list of traitors and international criminals that need to be put to death.

>157239695
This is wrong actually thou shall not kill if from the king james translation. at the time this was translated kill and murder were synonymous. But its you shall not murder and in the original hebrew its you shall not murder also. Modern translations also use you shall not murder. This is a common myth.

>basing your morality on a kike

impressive mental gymnastics christcuck

fpbp

Read this: japaninsides.com/44-days-of-hell-the-murder-story-of-junko-furuta/

And now answer OP’s question.

Original translation was "murder" ya dingus

This

"An eye for an eye makes everyone blind"

Supporting the death penalty is the most brainlet tier belief someone can hold.

Fake news is real.
Wanna die for reposting a lie?

Acceptable if your justice system is functional

It probably isn't

Who?

right in theory
wrong in practice because too hight stakes for far from perfect judicial system and too much potential for abuse (wrongly convinced for life is potential trouble for decades; executed is forgotten much sooner)

>ahmed didn’t know rape and torture was illegal, after all he’s only lived his entire life in sweden as a 2nd gen migrant.
>sven reportung ahmed to the police, is putting ahmed in a position where he’s at a threat of attaining a stress-disorder
>sven is a racist homophobe and doesn’t deserve to live
>sven agrees to this and is also willing to pay ahmed 500 000sek

the wrong part comes from the fact that death row inmates cost exponentially more than normal ones. Just have the gavel trigger a trap door to a tank of sharks with lasers as soon as the sentence is declared.

>this reading comprehension
You forgot your ADHD pills.

Wrong part comes from the fact, that death sentence allows to quickly bury evidence. Eliminating death row (which is there to give time for appeals) make thing worse.

Enjoy your shark tank next time a woman says you raped her.

THIS

But also death penalty is braindead. It puts real fucked up minds in situations where they have nothing to lose. If they've killed a child and they know they will be killed for that, too. they have abolute zero limitations anymore to go full retard and kill everyone in their sight.

and: a lonly life in isolation is so far more worse than instant-death. some people choose this option even by themself (death). show me a idiot, that is willing to live the rest of his life in isolation. and look what he will tell you after just 2 weeks.

most of the retards here (me included) would die in a week without an internet-connection. and that's like baby-isolation.

Man it's 2018 only shitholes still allow capital pu-

Oh yeah right the "civilized" usa still do this. I almost forgot. When will you retards understand that killing a murderer lowers you to his level of inhumanity? If you want to be evolved and educated, you don't fucking kill people thats barbarian. But I'm talking to hurrr ameritards, kill the rapist, kill the nigger he deserves it kill kill kill fucking kill this guy! Fuck niggers too! Yeah murrica

you cuk should find about the leader from "le gang des barbares"
>kidnap and torture a dude for days
>murder him
>go in prison and attack guards daily being put in confinement cell
>effectivly cost the french taxpayer 10 000 euro a year
>get free soon even tho you are violent animal who attack prison guards on sight and will probably commit more crime outside
>still get a cuck to defend you right to live "muh lowered to his level"
>wait to take one more innocent live and costing the taxpayer more money
>be only on of the thousand other retarded criminal costing so much and with no moral
how can you even defend to let someone like him live even get light sentences, you are a disgrace to every real frenchmen who guillotined pedo murderers and psychopath

also
>I'm talking to hurrr ameritards, kill the rapist, kill the nigger he deserves it kill kill kill fucking kill this guy! Fuck niggers too! Yeah murrica
is a logical fallacy implyin those who get the chair are done so based on their race, you deserve to be the next victim of some psycho who should have been executed but was set free because muh progressiv, but you won't be the next victim it will most likely be a young woman or a child, and when they face torture and rape at least they will now that their dad was progressive to the very end.

>that killing a murderer lowers you to his level of inhumanity?

If you kill your enemies they win!

I see no objection against the efficient killing of a human that by his action remove himself from society and became a threat to it.

But :

In the case you were victim of a false charge do you believe in the ability of a 12 random people to see through the deception and let you go free ?

Do you believe that the people that control your stat could never abuse their power ?

Purely from a pragmatic angle, a bullet and cremation could be done for

Right, as long as guilt is 100% confirmed through irrefutable evidence. I genuinely believe that some crimes, namely murder and rape (and not unprovable Hollywood "he took advantage of me" rape), are so henious that the perpetrator does not deserve to live. If you end some one's life, you should not be allowed the luxury of living out your life.

Wrong. Uncle Sam and the states are too powerful.

It doesn't work when they have 20 years and 36 appeals. Shoot them when they are caught and save some money.

This

>Implying criminals are people
Sure they are, Ahmed

Unless half of the population goes out and murders the other half, leaving one guy to perform the executions, then this will never happen.
There's literally nothing morally or logically wrong with killing someone who has taken the life of someone else, provided that they can be proved guilty without a doubt.

Wrong

unless you can unquestioningly trust the police and judicial system to get it right every single time it's not even worth debating the ethical issues

It is inherently wrong, as no government should have the power to device over life and death. Simple as that.

fucking nailed it.

It costs too much in america, its cheaper to put someone away for life

only allow it in cases where they obviously did like a serial killer who had an attic full of skeletons who confessed to killing people and positively identified all his victims by their remains or a mass murderer who is arrested in the act

right
hammurabi had it right

dangerous tool.
you're one corrupt political enemy away from getting rekt

I dunno I think if you rape and murder half a dozen children you deserve to die.

unles you're muslim, then it's all just a big misunderstanding and those wannabe-victims should be apologizing to real victim, mr muslim.

Wrong. Staying in jail for a lifetime is worse than death.

Its a war on crime and drugs. So technically...

meanwhile, innocents pay for his food
why not putting them to work in dungeons at least?

Right in theory, but it's ineffective in the way it is carried out today. It is supposed to be a deterrent to crime. If the death penalty was an immediate gunshot to the head (or some other violent method) instead of spending 20+ years on death row on the taxpayers dime before you are basically put to sleep, you would probably see a considerable drop in crime. But (((they))) have to make money, so we have endless appeals clogging up the system.

capital punishment is certainly unpleasant, but i think it's morally far worse to force people (via taxation) to feed and shelter (and more now in our cucked societies) murderers and nonces and other very violent people
if somebody is guilty of these crimes without a doubt, i don't see why they should be supported by society any more. exile is hardly possible in the modern world, so that leaves us with capital punishment

Absolute morality demands it
Relative morality holds no value so therefore can not judge anything of value

Read Starship Troopers and you might become cool with it. I'm not a big fan of causing excess pain and suffering though. Maybe some lashes or stockade time could be acceptable, but just enough to make people be more aware of the consequences of their actions. I would be very worried about it getting out of hand which it has for all of human history. Also making an entertaining spectacle of punishment seems like a horrible idea.

i agree. it shouldn't be public, and it should be done cheaply and efficiently, i.e. hanging or guillotining
that said, i do advocate public humiliation/corporal punishment for less severe crimes.
something like the stocks/pillory or just left to hang in a cage for a few days for passers by to spit on

Wrong, no logical reason to have it. It's costly, inefficient at preventing crime, and ends up killing a decent portion of innocents.

The state killing a human being on evidence that may be proven wrong later. It serves no purpose other than bloodlust for iq89s.

Wrong in pretty much every way.

right for treason. Western politicians who opened the borders for muslims deserve to die

>kill a criminal it's more expensive than keep it for at least 25 years
maybe in your country, Harald. Where criminal rate is low and and basically you can afford those three star resort that you call prison.

That's "vengeance" you moron.
Let me give you an example.
>be you
>happy father, 4yr old girl, 2yr old boy
>loving waifu, ahppy marriage
>you have to work hard, but you're happy
> -shit happens
> home invasion, childs murdered by multiple stabbing, waifu raped and murdered
>perpetrator aprehended. Full proof, your home sec video has everything including audio. 25 yrs detectives throw up when see the video

Here comes the difference:
>option 1) if you peacefully kill the murderer with a lethal injection, that's at lest some justice
>option 2) murderer freed, you help them he meets true love, has one kid, you're the godfather, loving wife, good job, has another kid
>you wait
>make a gift to them: a full home sec with audio and video
>when the time comes, you kill both children, rape and kill the wife, all for him. After showing him the video on loop for 10 days. you kill him by multiple amputations.

>do you see user?
>1) is a semblance of justice
>2) is vengeance, eye for an eye

Wrong. However, if you were convicted of a crime for which capital punishment was allowed, then the punishment should be an eye for eye.

E.G. If you rape and torture kids, then gen pop gets a free for all on raping and torturing you until you die.

I don't think the government should be allowed to kill citizens unless it is in self defense like a cop or something.

abcnews.go.com/US/charged-capital-murder-houston-couple-executed-gated-community/story?id=52404126

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

>During this time, Hayes and Komisarjevsky escalated the aggravated nature of their crimes: Komisarjevsky sexually assaulted the 11-year-old Michaela.[15][16] Komisarjevsky, who had photographed the sexual assault of the girl on his cell phone,[17] then provoked Hayes into raping Jennifer. While Hayes was raping her on the floor of the living room, Komisarjevsky entered the room and announced that William Petit had escaped. Hayes then strangled Jennifer, doused her lifeless body and parts of the house, including the daughters' rooms, with gasoline. While tied to their beds, both daughters had been doused with gasoline; each had her head covered with a pillowcase.[18] A fire was started, and Hayes and Komisarjevsky fled the scene. Hayley and Michaela both died of smoke inhalation.[19]

Read these stories and take a moment to consider the type of human that could do such things to other humans. Cases like these are why the death penalty must remain. The three perpetrators in the first case have been charged with capital murder since the crime was committed in Texas. The two from Connecticut were sentenced to death and then had their sentences commuted when the state eliminated the death penalty. Shameful.