bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39698546

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/954323750949982208
youtube.com/watch?v=rdQzMxTwAzI
senate.gov/legislative/calendars.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/comfy/

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/954323750949982208

Why there talks about goverment shutdown in january if us fiscal year starts in october?

political theater

They can blame drumpf while getting vacation time

/comfy/

youtube.com/watch?v=rdQzMxTwAzI

So wait. The Democrats had a shit fit and then did the same thing they bitched about the Republicans doing?

Any American understand how that works, does each state government take control? What about DC, who runs that shithole if government is shit down?

The majority want to fund the government. But the vote requires 60 votes. It's a minority holding up funding.

its nothing. parks will be closed and shit like that but the average person won't notice a different. vital departments will still be operative.

there was a shutdown back in 2013, it was also nothing. it was out of the news cycle within a couple weeks and they turned the gov back on a couple days later. it was basically just another sensationalist news story

what does shutting down exactly mean?

Feels good. Now we just need to figure out a way that they never start back up again.

I really hope they don't, because if they do it's actually more work for me to conduct an "orderly shutdown" than it would be for Congress to do their fucking job and pass a budget.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m certainly comfey

ill take the bait lol what do you do

Tens of thousands of useless bureaucrats continue to be useless from home with the added bonus that for once they aren't receiving money from the American taxpayers for doing nothing.

No, the democrats can't stop the Republicans passing a budget. This is pure republishart incompetence.

Military weather, I supervise civilians which gives me the double bonus of not only conducting the shutdown, but I still get to go to work every day AND do their job to keep shit going, oh and there's a possibility I won't get paid on time.

because the retards won't pass a budget, they keep doing bandaids called "Continuing Resolutions"

The federal government only serves to weaken US citizens. Trump is reminding us all about the evils of Federalism and why liberal and conservative states should fend for themselves.

Democrats are stupid. They try to force an issue that’s already being solved. All they have to do is pass a bi-partisan bill about DAKA & the Wall that’s making it’s way through the legislative process.

Instead they’re desperate for voter turnout in November. So they’re trying to get citizenship and amenisty for Dreamers & their parents. So they can cast their votes for them.

Yeah no one gives a shit if the government shuts down.
Its funny though they push the idea the world is going to come to an end and its nothing. Then they get scared that people will want a perma shut down because it would save billions if not trillions of tax payers money. So they rush out and pass the bill to keep things going.
>our heros

Your job is unnecessary. Hopefully they never pay you again and you take the hint.

>US government literally stopping to work

Good gweillo.

My job is necessary for the safety of the troops. You don't hate the troops do you?

I can't imagine wtf democrats think the great lakes/blue wall states that just told them to suck a dick one year ago are going to think when they hear the dems shut down the US government in order to give amnesty to almost a million illegal immigrants.

I do, yes. 99% of them should be unemployed too.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out welfare queen.

Nah senpai. My mom lost out on a govt job cause of that shut down. It definitely did effect people.

Government gets "shut down" life goes on as usual. Yep.

It's the greatness of America that protects your right to an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I don't need you or anyone else's protection. I have more guns than a division and infinitely more competence. Also I have the weather channel, so you are no longer needed. Go get a real job you fucking sponge.

>Government shuts down
>Life is not impacted at all

Basically can't take your kids to federal run parks and museums was the only thing I noticed in 2013

These scares have been happening for years now; what's the difference with this one?

>I have more guns than a division
Y'know, I'm not here to take sides, but that's a silly point to make.How many can you realistically use at once?

I had a vision that Trump is going to let the government shut down but will still be in the Oval Office working for the duration for the shutdown. He will be there with the republicans in the house and senate and will be “working for free” while the democrats take the day off.

Trump will make the dems look like college snowflakes demanding they aren’t tested and get the day off.

He’s going to paint the picture to the military as “the democrats are the reason you aren’t getting paid this week”

You guys do know the government shuts down every weekend.
Sometimes for 3 whole days on a holiday.

Last time there were no consequences except some jack ass park rangers refused to let people enter public spaces.

It's almost like the government only exists to fleece us and provides nothing of value in return.

I wonder is the glow in the dark shills are considered “essential personnel”? I guess we will find out, huh?

who gives a shit

Because my neighbors, a few of whom are libtards that are starting on the red pills, will be desperate to defend our neighborhood at some point. The more desperate they are the more I “profit”. LOL.

>It's the greatness of America that protects your right to an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

God I hate people like you. You claim to be my champion and all you ask is half my paycheck. No wait you don't ask you demand half my income from the barrel of a gun then turn around and spout platitudes about how I owe my life and freedom to you.

>Basically can't take your kids to federal run parks and museums was the only thing I noticed in 2013

Actually you could if there weren't government employees there to block your entry.

I am so got damn comfy and I hope they shut that shit down.

Student loans also get delayed. And Time.gov goes down. That's all I remember.

I can see this.
I think Trump is planning something to occur during the shutdown. Perhaps something normally out of the scope of governmental authority, but if it's shut down temporarily, then those are not the actions of the government.
Well, that's a long dream, for dotr. To be fair he keeps cockteasing us with these fucking arrests. LOCK HER UP
DRAIN THE FUCKING SWAMP
MY NUTS NEED DRAINING

fuck the troops

>flag
>le scary roads
Your kind need protection

>tfw govt employee
>tfw all my co workers are freaking out
>tfw have a huge stack in crypto

Vacation lets go

They don't do anything anyway, why would I care?

Bruh if you don't like it get elected president and change it. In the meantime the People have chosen representatives that want to play world police, and for that reason you pay taxes. You have the power to change it.

Does anyone know when, if at all, the senate is voting on the bill today?

senate.gov/legislative/calendars.htm
11AM EST. They kind of need to get it done before 5PM EST so the shutdown isn't triggered at the end of the work day and people have to conduct the shutdown over the weekend.

Much appreciated.

Learn to google it's not fucking hard.

wow