Why are atheists liberal?

Atheist myself here, but I can't wrap my head around this trend.
At some point you go "I'm going to shed the shackles of religion and trust in myself."
But then right afterwards you go "I'm going to stop trusting myself and rely on the government to control me and other people instead."
Explain

Nihilism is a corruption within the left, and most atheists are nihilist

You already answered your question but didn't realize it.

Instead of believing in God, they believe in the state.

very right wing athiest here

Im a nazi atheist

I'm a conservative atheist. So, there's goes your argument

(((atheism)))

conservative atheist here.
we just don't feel the need to go around continuously announcing it.

Just to follow up, they didn't some how "evolve past believing in God," as they would probably like to think. Belief in a higher power is the human condition. Look at Alcoholic's Anonymous. They realized that shit.

If it's not God, it's something else like "Science" With their "Climate Change" and "Experts" and "Consesus". You'll notice that people don't know any of the science behind this stuff, but just believe it based on the aforementioned buzzwords. If you listen to Alex Jones, he talks about these people being the new High Priest, and he's right.

fucking based!

Of course I didn't mean all atheists, I just mean most.
I'm a conservative atheist myself, I just don't meet many others.

It's definitely the nihilistic aspects of atheism. Moral nihilism leads to people being more open and tolerant.

Spot on. Plus most atheists are "humanists" and believe every nigger is equal to anyone else and think the world will eventually become peaceful when people see "reason."
I personally am an atheist, but not because I believe any of that shit, I just don't think there's a god, and that's it.

Atheist are rationalist and liberalism means equality which is irrational, it is not our fault ex-christian brainlets still mindlessly follow christian virtues while not accepting Christ.

In an atheist state everything would be dictated by logic meaning:
women would have no rights and be reduced to cum cattle
blacks would be exterminated
jews would be exterminated
Only 1000 immigrants would be allowed to get into the country once per year making it impossible to displace the native population
Pop music would be ended
No more democracy either its just a waste of time

Heaven is that you?
Maybe I am a believer after all

Does that necessarily follow? It makes you ambivalent to it all surely?

i don't understand it either

i think there is some part of the brain that needs or produces a relatively closed set of values

i took the route of the devine individual, not as an religious but moral perspective and derive my values from that without going full retard lolbertarian

As far as i can tell their god is "equality" and the only possible enforcer for that is the state

Boring thread

Author GK Chesterson once said "He who does not believe in God will believe in anything". People have an inherent need for belief, trust, and love in a higher institute or person. God is the natural choice for this, born in all men. When you deny this belief, you look for anything else to take its place, like government.

I think it's cause atheism is also a rather easy pill to swallow.
You're in good company, there's smart folks like scientists in this camp with you.
But when you start saying "I don't think people are really equal."
Now you're alone.
No famous and respected public figures that you can lean on, it's you against the world.
Maybe atheism is a form of dipping your toes in the water of redpills.

Because atheism is a materialist religion for morally bankrupt leftists.

Athiests are usually critical thinker with higher IQ's on average.

Usually right wing people think more about big picture. IE whos gonna pay for that shit...

Maybe in the US there is a divide. But in Australia Few people believe in religion.

Atheism is totally devoid of truth, If you accept one major falsehood in your worldview, its only logical to be a liberal retard

Because it fills the void. It replace a religion for a much worse religion of big government. That leads into all of the other communist feminist retardation in the world of leftist fantasy land. How do I know? Been there done that.

Meh, from my personal experience people identifying as Christians are so tolerant and accepting especially about foreigners and other religions that it really doesn't make a difference. Gays are literally the only thing concerning values they seem to disagree in with many atheist.

The archetypical myth that atheists have for themselves is that they grew up in a strict conservative baptist/catholic/west Virginia snake handler household where no fun was ever allowed, and was in fact punished with every sadistic physical and mental torture you can conceive of.

Their entire new atheism bullshit is a rebellion against this comically exaggerated narrative of their adolescence

I’m not

I can't think of any atheists I know who aren't liberal idiots who post Neil deGrasse Tyson images with quotes about the wonders and space and science.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an atheist and I'm interested in space and science, but I'm also a racial realist (which has, you know, actual science behind it) and politically conservative and socially centrist. If I told that to any of the atheists I knew, they would fall over dead from a goddamned heart attack. They could never imagine that "one of their own" wouldn't be a flaming Janeane Garofalo liberal.

Atheists have historically been iconoclasts. They overwhelmingly associate with ideologies that are in line with athiest doctrine, the most prominent athiest ideology of the 20th century being Marxism. Therefore athiests push left as they associate the right with theism and tradition which is "oppressive" and "barbaric" in their paradigm.
This isn't the case for all atheists, but the most vocal advocates for the lack of religious faith are overwhelmingly lefty marxists.

Shed the shackles of religion, only to be shackles by big government which controls their life...

>that shirt

Now that's a good womern right there

I'm not liberal.

Liberal Atheists, Christians, etc. are the problem with too many countries.

All American patriots interested in taking down the patriarchy should rev up their Twitter account and spread the word about #ReleasetheMemo
If this memo about the FISA court is released to the public it will prove 100% to everyone that Drumpf colluded with Russia and is using the FISA court to spy on undocumented migrants and the Community of Color! This is horrible and must be stopped: demand that your Representatives release this memo to the public immediately!

See these atheists are what I'm talking about

liberals don't like responsibility , believing in god forces you to feel responsible for you actions

As an Atheist myself, I don't get it either. It just seems to be another brilliant example of Cognitive Dissonance in our societies.

To be honest, you aren't probably any more likely to find racial realists among the average Christians. Their conservatism is mostly moderate cuckservatism anyways.

He goes "conservative atheist here!"

Then says "we just don't feel the need to go around continuously announcing it."

Why present yourself as an unbeliever?

Why not just ignore things you don't believe?

Why are atheists so vocal about being atheist?

Because they are wrong, but it's a good way to get attention.

It has too do with how the left markets itself. Another atheist here. The left creates tons of fake studies, fake statistics, fake science. Science has become a cult these days in which free thinking is no longer allowed. Example questioning race. Atheists believe in science without a doubt. Science is what gives reason to not believe in god. Science gives us a lot but the left have subverted science. They use it too appear that they are the people correct due to science. Thats how they play atheists into the left. Though if you go into stem that is say something life physics lots of them are rightwing and atheist. Though a place like computer science not so much.
The founder of nihlism said god was dead because people were no conservative enough. Nihilism has little to do with it. Lots of Christians and nihlists.

Shit tier reverse psychology attempt

in classically christian countries most atheist are just rebelling against conservative dad

Well you have to consider they have no all-powerful entity over them. Without god morality is subjective as there is no authority to decide what is right and wrong. Because of this, it becomes more difficult to judge individuals or groups for their actions. They haven't objectively done anything wrong.

>am atheist
>am libertarian
>am traditionalist in architecture, art, and sciences

I really don’t like the loltheism I get form liberals because many of them haven’t even read the bible or other religious texts to know why it’s bullshit. But they’ll sure as hell buy a bumper sticker

>judge groups for their actions
really makes you think

This probably plays a huge role.
It seems many atheists are totally down with moral relativism.
It's ridiculous.
Bagging your women and sowing shut their vaginas is objectively sick,
but somehow these folks manage to pretend it's totally fine in the context of another culture.
Thing is, if morality is completely subjective, then it's a meaningless word.
Instead, if we have a word with an actual definition, then we can't just let it encompass "everything."

Same senpai.

Because Republicans cling to Christianity and Atheism was progressive in the US the last decade

Both Religion and Government control you. The best way you can not be controlled is by becoming self sustainable which is practically near impossible to do these days.

However you could take on a more nihilistic perspective towards life but avoid making it your personality so that you don't come off as an edgy wannabe faggot.
Stop consuming, stop following trends, don't let the media manipulate how you think and start shaping a life that suites you and your needs.

Maybe because him being an atheist is relevant to the thread?

thats not how moral relativism work
also
how do you justify objectivism without a god?

That is how it works.
Moral relativism = morality is relative

Objective morality is no harder to justify with or without a god.
If there's a god, that doesn't mean any of your actions are actually right or wrong,
just acceptable or unacceptable according to one specific being.

"I'm an atheist"

Translation: Government is my god. Now, I need a portion of your paycheck. Thanks, Bye.

You sound like a christian republican who thinks they have a point.

You don't.

Trusting in yourself has nothing to do with religion or government.

That doesn't necessarily mean atheism, though.
Christianity has been very cucked recently, especially the catholic church.

Nihilism fills the hole left by religion. Morality and meaningful existence are thrown away like the baby with the bathwater.

I'm an Atheist and I don't get it either. Fuck 'em.

>At some point you go "I'm going to shed the shackles of religion and trust in myself."
>But then right afterwards you go "I'm going to stop trusting myself and rely on the government to control me and other people instead."

You can justify objectivism by the greatest possible outcome for all players

Unfortunately commies can use that same objectivism to genocide millions for the greater good

You're right.
Shedding the shackles of religion sounded pleasant as I typed it, but you did remind me just now that's not how it works.
It's mostly just a case of "I'm not convinced and I'm going to stop pretending to be."

>why do you have to say you are something i dont like?
Because thats the fucking topic of the thread you silly goose. If you dont like the content of a thread, why are you here posting?
>Because they are wrong, but it's a good way to get attention.
Wrong about the lack of belief in the god claims due to insufficient evidence? "I dont know" isnt wrong, unless you have some?

even if morality is relative doesnt mean the standards are applied to all cultures
thats just how you decided to frame it

>Objective morality is no harder to justify with or without a god.
justify it then where does this objective morality come from?

>Atheists believe in science without a doubt
>a skeptic believes in this thing 100%
0/10 larp elsewhere

Conservative atheist from your own country here. I think you won't find many conservative atheists being vocal about their beliefs, because they realise that Christian traditions, such as marriage before sex is good for a society, so you will be less likely to find out that they're atheists.

Liberal atheists use religion as a way to attack their political enemies and probably just see it as an alternative to Christianity without actually understanding any of it (as seen in them bringing up evolution to attack Christianity, but then forget about it when they talk about differences in race)

I don't get it either, I'm also an atheist Conservative.

>greatest possible outcome for all players
>objective
that is actually utilitarian morality its not objective

Why are all ______ threads are against the rules

Liberals tend to reject tradition and distrust old institutions of power. They’re probably atheists because of their liberal beliefs rather than atheists in spite of them.

Face it. Atheists are a problem. It's no coincidence it overlaps with leftist Judaism. Atheists are ripe for leading us into a hellish prison because they replace social and communal cohesion (once provided by religious communities) with far more destructive fantasy thinking. Thinking that targets and destroys families in the name of banners like "(fake) environmentalism" and "progressive" hedonism. Many United States Christians today are the only people preventing the US from collapsing into a complete communist state. So they're targeted by communists. Just like in (((Bolshevik Russia))).

As an atheist, it became easy to see the error of my hostility. I would rather live in a world where Christianity and-or strong paganism religious European cohesion flourishes again, and a return to positive family values, than the dystopia of atheism increasing leading again to communism.

I'm an atheist, and I think basically every liberal ideal is patently retarded.
Some people don't have the mental capacity to live life without worshipping something.

Because theists believe in the fallen nature of man, atheists do not.

>Duckface
Why do women do this

>even if morality is relative doesnt mean the standards are applied to all cultures
Pretending to have a moral high ground is silly, especially when bible, for example, states it is okay to hurt/enslave others. It is subjective, you either make good points for individual topics and think for yourselves, or dont use your moral compass and rely solely on a book written by someone else.

I don't know a definition off the top of my head, I assume people would have to brainstorm and criticize to come up with a good one.
I'll try my best though: "The worst possible suffering for all living creatures is wrong, anything that reduces that suffering is better. Therefore actions could have different degrees of morality."

As for where it comes from, what do you mean?
Right now it just came from my head, it could come from a scientific or philosophic process as well.

Which cultures are excluded from moral relativism and how are they chosen?

they're not actually atheists. pan-humanism and the sancity of the individual have their roots in Judaism and Protestantism.

there is no reasonable justification for phenomenal equality either, hence why NRx and HBD often deride liberals as, 'secular creationists' who have an inexplicable belief in a fixed, common and equal potential for all creatures with 23 chromosomes

Locke's essay concerning human understanding probably starts the modern blank slate theory, although he was commenting on the work of several monks. liberalism follows from him. they have this ~700 year tradition of kindasorta-not quite-atheism from monks trying to do science without being labelled as heretics.

>much worse
>implying actual Christianity is bad

Become a cultural christian.

It's cause humanism is a natural philosophy for any atheist to adopt.

>even atheism is being subverted
top laughs

Why is water wet?

>atheists are a problem
>atheist here
Why larp instead of being honest?

>
>Face it. Atheists are a problem. It's no coincidence it overlaps with leftist Judaism. Atheists are ripe for leading us into a hellish prison because they replace social and communal cohesion (once provided by religious communities) with far more destructive fantasy thinking. Thinking that targets and destroys families in the name of banners like "(fake) environmentalism" and "progressive" hedonism. Many United States Christians today are the only people preventing the US from collapsing into a complete communist state. So they're targeted by communists. Just like in (((Bolshevik Russia))).
>As an atheist, it became easy to see the error of my hostility. I would rather live in a world where Christianity and-or strong paganism religious European cohesion flourishes again, and a return to positive family values, than the dystopia of atheism increasing leading again to communism.

you're talking about constructivists. evolutionary biology has answers for why all of those things exist and why they're smart and crucial as opposed to the secular creationists that view them as something that can or should be eliminated

good job defining subjective morality

evidently you are ignorant in the subject
you can google moral theories and come back

Another atheist here, if you worship the government, you are not an atheist, you're just a moron. Also, I notice that a lot of people conflate atheists and the antitheists that actually cause problems.

>not being able to properly convey a thought
Elaborate, without preaching.

Christian & firm Right-winger, here. I gotta say, a lot of people in this thread who identify as Atheist seem pretty chill and I’m sure I’d thoroughly enjoy hanging out with all of it. It’s just too bad you’re all going to feel the wrath of the hottest & darkest depths of Hell where you’ll burn for eternity :(

> you could have prevented it.jpg

I watched something ages ago where some guy (he was a scientist or sociologist, whatever it was it was in his field) who was trying to explain why there was such an increase in Islam in the West. While Christianity had fallen and while atheism had originally risen, in correlation with the fall in Christianity, both Christianity and atheism had began to fall in direct correlation to the rise in Islam from the late '60s to the present. His argument was that people have a natural tendency to believe in something higher than themselves and it's been that way since humans became human. This, he said, is why there had been a rise in Islam. People had effectively removed a large part of who they are, believing in something greater, and replaced it with nothing, or atheism, and something had to replace it which is where Islam came in. Basically like having a limp amputated, having that phantom limb sensation, and needing desperately for the limb to be reattached. They couldn't attach the same limb because they had already discarded it, so they had to settle for a prosthetic which in this case was Islam. His argument was that religion was just a part of evolution as any body part and people don't realise that until they lose it. Atheism can't last long term, it's the reason why no one can ever name an atheist empire or atheist country (that were successful) because they don't exist. People pull in opposite directions and rather than things being built they're pulled down.
His argument was a lot more compelling than mine because I'm just repeating what he said and even then I've had to paraphrase. Every civilization on Earth has some religioun in someway though, every single one. No one likes to stray from the herd, no goy at least, so they do what is popular. The same goys have started to shy away from joining Islam, but are embracing (((Communism))) which preaches atheism, but with the (((State))) becoming the new god. Like more or less says.

Christianity and pagan groups provide a check to the State. They encourage individual family and community being above the State. They are a powerful communal umbrella against anti-family statism. God is a concept to channel any of your inner emotions that are already there if left to explore a feeling of personal transcendence. Atheism is a check against only a few parts of the State but unfortunately not against the parts most menacing.

That's not a duckface.

You are an idiot, that is all. I don' believe in the supernatural so I'm a Marxist, it's quite amusing.

>assuming an objective morality
>nobody agrees on anything, including theists of the same religion

They are hedonists, not nihilists.

Because you can only believe the lies about god if you are gullable.

>It’s just too bad you’re all going to feel the wrath of the hottest & darkest depths of Hell where you’ll burn for eternity
How do you know thats going to happen?

>legitimate question
>every response is ad hominem

Never change, Sup Forums

Why would morality decided by god be objective? Is it moral because he says so or moral regardless?

Because rights aren't given to you by God (doesn't exist) they are given to you by force. Government holds the monopoly on force.

I am being honest. In many ways I'm still an atheist on a purely rational basis. Waking up didn't happen overnight to see some forms of Christians as a vital positive. Communist lunacy accelerated the process.

>atheists arent atheists, they have their roots in theism
You arent this stupid.

>implying they aren't closely related

>opinion
>agreeing
what you mean when you say objective is you judge the action without the context
actions are intrinsically good or bad regardless of the result or the reason they were performed