"This map shows the US really has 11 separate 'nations' with entirely different cultures"

What does Pol think of this?

msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLGPeXINe4A
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying texas is a part of anything besides texas

It's a little old now, there's been some demographic changes since then. Also, super low-resolution. I dislike that the author doesn't take into account the Mormon society.

Its nothing but mexicans, texans, and niggers

>pic for ants
OP is fag

>cultures
nigger cultures.

I'm not informed about Appalachian migration to Texas, only to urban areas in the North. I've also not heard of Texans claiming Appalachian ancestry.

Not saying they aren't Appalachian. If they say they are I will believe them. They just seem too different.

Also this map shows the counties that the Appalachian Regional Commission considers to be Appalachian.

Many may say some counties are missing and some shouldn't be listed. I can't say for the southernmost portion but the Southern Ohio being Appalachian is quite accurate.

>Its nothing but mexicans, texans, and niggers
Dont forget poor California refugees looking for work that ultimately will shift voting to a new gibs me dat state

>Pittsburgh and Allegheny County somehow isn't Appalachia for reasons

>Iowa having anything in common with Maryland or New Jersey or those Southern faggots in Oklahoma
trash

The best thing for Americans would be for america to be balkanized

american imperialism is hardest on it's own citizens

texas is its own entity

What an absolute trash map. I don't even consider Texas part of Dixie Land, I consider it its own entity. I'm sure the South-Eastern states don't even consider Texas part of Dixie.
Also
>according to author Colin Woodard, the United States can be divided into 11 distinct sub-nations.
One man's opinion does not equal the opinion and belief of the inhabitants of all

Based New France reporting in.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLGPeXINe4A

KEK

this is from an old book called American Nations. It is a great book but needs to be updated badly. It was one of my first redpills on how much of a disparate mess this country really is.

What I think is that nobody can ever draw one of these maps correctly, regardless of which one you pick. They always include like fucking Arkansas in Appalachia or Michigan in New England or some other blatant nonsense.

>tfw middle of NC
>west is degenerate methhead hillbillies
>east is crackhead niggers
I need to move.

>implying texas is a part of anything besides texas
>I don't even consider Texas part of Dixie Land

>He doesn't even read the part where I say other southern states don't count us as Dixie either.
Fuck off faggot

This

Including Wisconsin with New England is down right criminal

I support pan-secession but this map is retarded.

"NEW FRANCE" BITCH ITS CALLED ACADIANA AND THAT STILL FUCKING RETARDED.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

New York is Dutch clay!

Every one of these maps is terrible. There's like 5+ of them and they're all wrong in some regard in a non-subtle way.

Some asshole painted a map different colors.
What do you guys think about this?

Yea im sure if i moved from Idaho to any other state in the nation i would experience a crazy culture shock

How fucking retard is Sup Forums? This is just pathetic.

so weak

Yeah because we all know how similar the cultures of Boston and North Dakota are and how different two border counties in Alabama are compared to that

if this country is a mess, get the fuck out

There is way more than 11. Alaska and Hawaii are entirely separate cultures of their own. California has three, really (Spic California, rural California, NorCal). The Midwest could be grouped as one but Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the UP are pretty separate. Texas and Florida are cultures of their own, really.

I love the amount of diversity the US has, I don't understand why liberals think we need to import niggers and spics to create diversity when they're pretty much one culture. If you look at regional dialects of the US, you can also see pretty plainly that there are a shit ton of US cultures.

>"Greater Appalachia"
>extending into Texas

Soros attempting to balkanize the US again.

Pretty colors

Texas is a desert full of niggers and spics. So you're right noone wants you to be a part of them.

>compression artifacts: the post

OMG, are you saying that the United States with its 3.9 million square miles and 330 million people isn't one homogeneous mono-culture? This is revolutionary and unheard of

>soros wanting to balkanize

Except the US is the literal force for world degeneracy

if the US balkanizes the white race wins

>tfw I moved from the rural Midwest to a big city and people asked if it was a culture shock and it wasn't but I told them it was

On the edge of Appalachia and south, so the best of both worlds then

my dear god. niggers. they are apes.

That map is retarded. The culture of Montana is nothing like the southwest.

We best France.

>Port city and two major business hubs
>Desert
Pick one. West Texas, yes, everything covered in the Deep South column is readily populated and green

>texas
>more like neo-california amirite?

Makes you wonder what kind of metric the dude's book this is from used. I bet it was some kind of language/word choice survey

Don't be a dense nigger. The cultural and moral values of New York City and rural Wyoming do not overlap at all anymore. The sooner we can acknowledge that Americans are irreconcilably different from each other, the sooner we can go about our separate ways or reform the USA with a greater emphasis on states' rights. One-size-fits-all governance for 330 million members of rival cultures across a whole continent is bad for (((almost))) all parties involved.

Map autism is always great for slow news days.

I take it. I'd pick New France over canada everyday

Generally theyre made by some arts and humanities sociologist who has spent thier entire life in one city talking about a bunch of places theyve never been.

For instance northern idaho and western montana are pretty much the same, but souther idaho is mostly moron and eastern montana is totally different than western montana. So you are finding 3 distinct cultures in 2 states that share a border.

But nope, theyre gonna say everything from montana all the way south to texas and new mexico are the same because theyve never been there and they kinda regard those areas as useless flyover states.

kek

I think it would be halted by ethnocultural consolidation and more borders. Why are you not in favor of more borders? Multinational American consciousness is an antidote to the (((Melting Pot))) founding myth. Far West reporting in. :^)

>mess
Kek you’re a spoiled faggot, don’t realize how good you have it.

>One-size-fits-all governance for 330 million members of rival cultures across a whole continent is bad for (((almost))) all parties involved.
Are you telling me there are parts of the United States that aren't enamored of plastic dicks and authentic tacos like Tejas?

You're right that the imprecision in documenting rural national identity is a consequence of academic myopia and snobbery, but Eleven Nation theory is a good starting place for doing away with the fiction of a single all-American civic identity. The sooner urban progressivists realize we're not like them and we want nothing to do with them, the better.

It's not like there can't be more balkanization.

Ah, Yankeedom. Because Wisconsin and Minnesota are culturally like New Jersey and New York.

PASS.

Close, but there needs to be a divide somewhere in the middle of the far west.

Very true though, people from other parts of the country are often strange to me. Different accent, different manners, even different gene pools it seems. The US is a big country, there are states bigger than entire countries in Europe. We continue to evolve separately both physically and culturally, but we're still very similar. It goes to show that there can in fact be a unite Pan-European empire despite slight genetic and cultural differences.

That's why we have an electoral college.

Based on my understanding of my own families 18th and 19th century migration across America, greater Appalachia extending into North and even parts of West Texas makes sense. Also, far East Texas is closer to Looziana than the rest of the state. The Panhandle, the coastal plain, and the Rio Grande valley are all their own separate places.

Yeah its mexico Franz, look at the mexis all around you on the streets and everywhere else.

It's like that in every country. Even in Norway with +/-5 million people we have totally different cultures, even from village to village. You can even claim that one group of friends have a different culture compared to another group of friends. It's a 100% moot point with nothing interesting to learn.

The last electoral cycle should have shown you those differences are not slight. Americans are getting ready behind closed doors to kill each other because the American Empire can't handle openly contradictory beliefs about morality and role of government anymore. Even apolitical normies fantasize about collapse; they go apeshit for zombie apocalypses and fictional dystopias.

I promise you, Norwegians don't hate each other like Americans hate each other. You're not taking into consideration how many of us there are and how much territory we cover.

>Americans are getting ready behind closed doors to kill each other
W-what are you planning to do to me user?

Im not saying there cant, what im saying is that most "experts" getting quoted in shit like this actually have no fucking idea what theyre talking about. They have a piece of magic paper from berkley that says "this guy is always right cuz he paid our tuition for 6 years" so they just make shit up. They force data sets to fit thier preconcieved opinions, discard anything that disagrees, and generally thier work is ate up without criticism because as long as you use the right buzzwords nobody really bothers to fact check or review anything nowdays.

Fuck, in the 90's a guy had a computer randomly generate a grammatically correct but totally meaningless word salad and supposedly prestigious and hyper-critical peer reviewed publications raved about how it was a work of genius. It was quite literally just a stew of big words and buzz phrases. When he revealed it meant nothing and he was simply demonstrating that they dont actually read the shit they publish they freaked out and tried to defend the piece even more fanatically.

Acedamia is not a place for smart people anymore, and being an expert only means you paid the tuition and learned how to be proficient at repeating what your peers and superiors want to hear.

This. Southern Texas is basically Northern Mexico if it was first world. inb4 Murrica is a 3rd world nation memes.

How comfortable are you with cages and non-consentual lewdness?

>Thinking Cubans in FL would want to go back under Cuban control.
I think you're a faggot, user.

Nothing, silly. I didn't say _I_ was one of those Americans.
Just remember: Colorado's full.

Sorry, leaf. Meant to post that to OP's comment.

To what culture do you surmise these gentleman belong?
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo

absolute shit map. I can't even begin to list all the things wrong with it

OPs map is retarded

Dfw for sure. But most parts are still white rich and conservative.

You are all missing the point by sperging about the specifics. Woodard has unwittingly introduced Balkanization into the American popular consciousness as an option that could suit America's constituent peoples. "We're all Americans, goy" is talmudic misdirection that keeps us from pursuing our own sovereign interests. Spread Eleven Nations to your normalfag friends and family if you want to control your destiny.

>eheheheh yes, instead of being the most powerful country in the world you should split up and become small irrelevant countries ehehehehe

>The Midlands
>Not just being the area where several subcultures overlap rather than a distinct culture of its own

Don't fucking remind me.

T. Y'allfag

And the way he splits it is retarded.
But thats given considering he used some flawed ancestry map as his primary source.
And the fuck is that Midlands region?
And the Far West? You could at least carve out the Mormon areas.
His definition of the deep south is where black people are btw

>souther idaho is mostly moron
What did he mean by this? Oh wait, I think he meant what he said.

wtf i love white genocide now
kill yourselves schlomos

You know damn well that power is exercised in pursuit of Greater Israel and multicultural globalization. Coastals and cityfags block every effort we make to enforce immigration policy or a literal understanding of the Constitution. Yes, I would rather destroy the most powerful country in the world than experience its power turned against me by communists.

Theres a difference between mormons and morons?

Anthropologist here,

OP and the article are absolutely retarded.

Texas should secede, invade Cali, kill the jews and their good little goys, and occupy.

You don't have to say mexican twice.

Topest of keks, sincerely,
t. southern idahoan

That's not going to happen while weepy centrists wail the platitude that "we're all Americans and have more in common than we are different". Kill the myth of American national identity and the war you want will be on the table, unless of course you're willing to fire the first shot in the current environment.
Of course it is, but it's gaining popular traction and can be used as a means to an end.

Not all American regions hate each other. We don’t agree and orefer our own people, but the south, midwest, and mountain country are all in agreement against the cities / northeast. It’s rural vs. urban

You're right, we don't _all_ hate each other. That's why Woodard makes a point in his book of describing the nations in terms of allegiance to two rival power blocs.

Seen this before, but, fuck man, good god.

No, most of the Californians are moving here, to washington.

youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

Texas needs to be its own nation but the rest of the map is pretty accurate.

It’s retarded. Any regional culture basically died with the rise of television and mass communications in the 1960s. It was already strained by a national railroad, as well as the radio and newspaper industries.

I know its not going to happen, the state's already well on its way to being cucked. Permanent influx of nigfugees to Houston after Hurricane Katrina, Austin is a national center for gay and queer pride, Dallas is being overrun by migrants. The three centers of power in the state have been successfully Goy'd.

dont get your garment in a twist

>tfw Pennsylvania is divided between so many regions that you basically live in limbo
>feelsbadman.mp3

More countries = more borders = fewer points of entry for Californian soyim to seep in and ruin your community. This isn't a difficult concept. The breakup of the (((Empire))) is the final redpill.