So after much procrastination, I finally watched the entirety of the 1997 Berserk. Now I'm unsure of where to go...

So after much procrastination, I finally watched the entirety of the 1997 Berserk. Now I'm unsure of where to go. Do I jump into the manga or try to brave the CG shitfest that is the 2016 version?

Also Berserk general

>Berserk general
Why would you want one for a manga you haven't gotten into yet

also
>general
no

The 2016 show is actually better than the manga and the 1997 show. Only retarded nostalgiafags will disagree.

/thread
Don't listen to mangafags, OP. They are cancer.

You absolutely need to start reading the manga.

Go read the fucking manga from the fucking start.
Now.
0/8, such poor quality b8.

You have to know some things first

/thread

Don't believe what these moe loving fucks will tell you, Berserk 2016 is actually really fucking good. The CGi is shit, but even so the story is so good that after a couple of episodes you won't mind the CGI.

KYS cause reading the manga will only bring you pain...the pain of being cucked for months...years...decades...

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us.

fuck off moefag

Destined to suffer for the sake of greater good, which is his Idolm@ster addiction...

>set in european fantasy land
>guts looks more japanese than most anime characters
also definitely read the manga

>So after much procrastination
You should have procrastinated another decade or so, to be honest
I wouldn't go that far but the 2017 anime is as Good as one should expect.

anime cuts out important shit, read the manga from page 1

The BLACKED Swordsman

>puck

>Blacked swordsman gets literally cucked: the arc
How could Miura have foreseen memes with at least 20 years in advance? He is truly a man ahead of his time

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Holy fuck, OP, seriously, do not listen to these baiting fgts. Please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and go read the damn manga. The new anime is insultingly awful. The 97series cuts some stuff from the manga, but also tells the Golden Age story very well, and nails the atmosphere, has a nice color scheme and look despite its budget, and is a tasteful adaptation on the whole, plus has the awesome Hirasawa soundtrack. The manga is of course better and more complete, but the 97 series is solid to be sure. So I am not some flaming manga-is-better nut, and I STILL need to tell you, the 2016/2017 series is objectively terrible. It looks awful and not just because of the terrible CG; the direction is camera work is fucking horrendous and constantly trying to be edgy or "cool" or something, the soundtrack has none of the power of Hirasawa's old score (except for the one song he contributed which is barely ever heard anyways), and it chops massive, important parts of the story and will leave you scratching your head if you jump into it from the 97 series because of the god-awful decision to chop the entire arc preceding the Golden Age (Lost Children) as well as skipping the Black Swordsman arc. Its just a sloppy fucking mess, please do Berserk justice and read the manga instead. Just put on some fucking Hirasawa and read the manga. Its the only way. Seriously, head my warning, I don't know what these faggots are on, but the 2016/17 anime is a fuckin disaster.

I meant to say it cuts the entire arc *proceeding* the Golden Age there btw. Wanted to clarify that to avoid confusion. Anyways, seriously, read the manga.

Watch 3rd movie
Read the manga til horse rape
Switch to anime
When anime finishes airing go back to manga
You can skip golden arc if you want, there are some things missing but the anime trimmed the fat
Just make sure you at least finish the children's arc before you go to the 2016 anime

go from where the anime ended, the manga is almost a 1:1 adaption

just read the manga. the movies are alright, i wouldn't recommend the shows to anyone. it'll only make you sad