Is environmentalism bullshit?

Is environmentalism bullshit?

only degenerates think environmentalism is bullshit. We only have one planet, we need to take care of it

No, sustainable environment = future benefits for humanity. The only bullshit thing about environmentalism are those non-profit groups that take most of the money from the government and donations and spend 1% of it on the environment.

I mean in all honesty, most people would rather live near forests and greens than concrete communist block cities.

Pollution and sustainable development are indeed true. Climate change is not

>not wanting lush green landscapes
>instead wanting kik-commie cementblocks everywhere

hahaaa yeaah sounds goods fuck those hippies right Sup Forums xD

Actually it could be true or false, we only have a two century's worth of documented temperature readings, and the melting of snow in the northern hemisphere and release of pockets of gasses in the northern tundras of Russia could just be a natural cycle of the earth's fluctuating temperatures.

It's still safer to assume that climate change does exist, mainly that we are eating away at the ozone's protective layer.

It’s bullshit that I can’t park my Tesla in a green space because Honda Civics and Accord owners think they are being green. That’s the only bullshit in the world.

No, but some of the proponents of it are as bad as those Sup Forumstards waving kekistani flags at rallies.

I don't know. Maybe the people with cancer in China and West Virginia do.

what is bullshit is thinking there is anything that can be done about it. the best way to deal with it right now is nuclear power but no one wants it.

is that gta 5?

it's good to not want to pollute, but 99% of environmental groups/NGOs/parties have long been subverted

No is not.

What is bullshit is the "virtue signaling enviornmentalism" Like celebrities who only fly private jets chimping out because trump withdrew from the paris agreement.

The worst contributor to pollution, and by far is china. China is the worst thing that happen to the world.

Yes, we need to deepcore mine it and start living in man made space cylinders.

What's provable is things like soot on the ice caps lowering their albedo, contributing to faster melting and ocean acidification from increased CO2 levels. It's easier to address those as the problems they are rather than finding ways to reduce our energy output however.

>Is environmentalism bullshit?
I like to chime in on these threads as I actually have to deal with the EPA and can point out flaws in numerous regulations but no one ever seems to care. Environmentalism is good but the current governing bodies are a complete joke.

I want neo fascist garden cities

no, moron. do you shit in your bed or in the toilet? environmentalism is about minimizing the impact that you, as a person has on the world we live in.

who tf need environmentalism if we going to link human and machine together anyway

> Is it bullshit
yes.

Even if true, it's milked for political power, product ads, and overall normie virtue signaling. At no point environmentalism was about results.

t-thanks doc

For every humble natured person who is sustainable by default, there is some SJW retard who wears DUDE ENVIRONMENT BRO as part of their personality simply to virtue signal. Talking about hollywood elites with several homes and travel 80% of the year, talking about hipsters who use almond milk (requires absurd amounts of water to farm), talking about demorats who wont leave overpopulated metropolitan jungles, talking about retarded city (((planners))) who will scrap entire projects or redo recent ones simply to use grant money

If you don't care about your people's future and only want to live a somewhat amusing life in the now, yes. Otherwise no.

No, this image was taken in a place called the real world.

no but its nothing like they sell it, carbon tax is bad news
shit like plastics, oil and sludge, and co2 density are the real concerns

thanks doc

There wasnt a breath of irony earlier this year from liberals when media outlets suggested we look forward to China championing the Paris Accords and global sustainability efforts

Is the world changing? Yes. But it's always changing and we don't have the data to prove this change is anymore server then changes have been in the past.
Do we need to "protect" the world? No. It doesn't matter what we do, the world will survive and life will survive in one form or another.
"Environmentalism" isn't about protecting the world from us, it's about protecting ourselves from the world. As a species, we can't survive outside of the current Ice Age we are living in. If the planet is returning to to normal temperatures we are fucked. We need to FORCE the planet to remain in an Ice Age, to find some way to survive underground, or to leave the planet entirely if we want to survive as a species.

>We only have one planet
>He doesn't realize this is just a colony of the Multi-Earth Empire.

Actual environmentalism is extremely important, but there are hardly any true environmental organizations anymore, their very existence is a threat to judeo capitalism. See Europe for an example: the vast majority of forest land has been destroyed for profit. And you know who the profit goes to, the same weak city rats who wouldn't survive a week in the outdoors. The issue is nature will get back at us. These ignorant fools have no idea how serious what they're doing is. Nature will dispose of us before we can destroy it

Environmentalism is ''bullshit'' as it is sold. Oy vey if YOU recycle and be green the world will be saved! Tip: it doesn't work like that. The world will never be sustainable with these population figures and blood is going flow on the streets one day.

Environmentalism should have begun in 1800s, now it's far too late.

Not polluting your environment like poisoning your water supply is good

The globalist power grab is bad they should all just be shot

yes and no. environmental efficiency makes sense. pants on head retarded stuff doesn't.

batteries are actually pretty harmful to manufacture and recycle. even when modern electronics are recycled most are shipped to the third world and unsafely taken apart. the battery problem really affects the battery in electric cars. Also, the shutdown of nuclear and push for renewables is great when renewable energy is available, but otherwise you're shifting emissions from tailpipe to wherever is generating it.

replacing a decades old fridge might be worth it but energy targets and globalism/designed for the dump are a problem. ever notice how a decade ago appliances like fridges had a 3-5 year warranty and now they're one year? they'll put a tiny compressor in a fridge, it'll run like hell and die. congrats you saved a few kWhr of electric, by the way, the energy to dispose of that fridge and make a new one (plus resultant waste) is wayyyyy more.

thanks doc.

Nah, they just like the color green

How do you like your tesla?

I hate you doc

if we do not learn to live in harmony with the natural environment then nature will get rid of us
anthropogenic climate change is complete bullshit though

Were not "killing the planet" what is happening is we are making the world less able to support humanity. After all of us are all dead and gone the world still gonna keep on spinning and after 10 million years you would never even know we were here.

>it's 0 emissions when parked

Love it and feels great not to be dependent on the pump. Performance is great even being auto transmission and handles better than my E46 M3.

i really love that pic
saved.

An environmentalist fascist society is humanity's only hope.

bump
because of that pic