Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-fidget-spinner-is-the-perfect-toy-for-the-trump-presidency
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek

Why are these things everywhere? What's the appeal?

>Animemaru

>Toys created for Autistic children
>What's the appeal?

ITS TOO SURREAL, MY FAINT HEART CANT HANDLE CLICK BAIT LIKE THIS

It's a blitz marketing campaign. They spend millions spreading advertisements and shit around the internet to make them seem popular and hope it pays off by tricking gullible people into buying a lot of them to feel cool and fit in.

But I keep seeing normies with them while I myself don't find them interesting.

It was all orignially shit posting about how retarded they were

But now i legitimately see people with them i dont understand

They're making an anime about a toy that's literally for autists? What the fuck.

>never heard about these until a month ago
>apparently it's the new minecraft
What toyshit will they make next? Is Yugioh not selling well anymore?

these things make me feel like an out of touch grandparent

I like it

>young adults get their first taste of 'not getting it'
>now they know how their parents felt when they were 'ignoring' or 'didn't get' them

Imagine if you had a roommate who wouldn't stop talking about fidget spinners. All day. Youtube videos about fidget spinners. What fidget spinners his friends had. What he's gonna do this weekend with his fidget spinners.

Except you have to pay his rent, wash his clothes and feed him.

>'they'
You think there's a FIDGET SPINNER™ company orchestrating some super conspiracy astro turf advertising campaign?

>trick people
It's for fucking children that can't even buy them on their own. It's a $10 toy. Not a fucking $500 bag.

check your views on reality man.

People pay 10$ for these?

I don't know... I'm 27 & while I may not want one of these things, I definitely "get" why they are popular.

What I don't get is how they plan to make an anime about them.

Like I remember Beyblades were super fucking popular when I was in like 6th or 7th grade. My school actually banned us from using them because we used to set up makeshift arenas for them on lunch tables, and sometimes the impact would send these fucking things flying into people.

Something like that having a show made sense because there was actually a sport element to using them. How exactly that translates into to people using fidget spinners... uhhh?

If you get them for $0.99 off of eBay from chinkshit resellers, it'll gets to your house after the craze is over.

Gotta pay a premium to be apart of it.

I'm surprised we didn't get a Funko Pop anime first.

>animemaru

The real disappointment is this thread proves retards will read a headline, and wont read any further. They refuse to do any extra work, and get mad or join the group think. Happened right here in this thread.

Try reading animemaru's about us page.

I dont get them at all. I picked one up and span it then set it down. Only remotely interesting thing about it is how long it span, could walk out the room and come back to it still going

But you are retarded for believing OP. Dont be suck a baka

Shit like this has always existed. In fact, these kind of dumb toys were really popular during the 90s. I'm surprised they can still make something like this popular nowadays when kids all use phones and tablets.

Merchandise idiot, that's why IP's like Beyblade, Yugioh, Transformers blow out of the water every other anime.

>animemaru
please kill you'are self

>People pay 10$ for these?

Hipsters are paying $50-$100 for CNC milled titanium spinners with tungsten inlays and shit.

Do you never played with your thumbs while waiting?
Do you never rubbed your finger in a remote control while watching tv?
Do you never played with your pen or pencil in class?

is the same thing with this things, is to do something while you do nothing. The thing is that in this case the internet made them popular that's why it's a big deal. Is like pokemon GO

>Do you never rubbed your finger in a remote control while watching tv?
No?

don't lie to me

I don't see the hype in Japan.

>ordered a meme spinner from china last week
>fad will probably be over when i receive it next week

>Jew creates stupid toy
>"somehow" tons of marketing money appears
>toy is now popular

More like happy chinaman. There's surprisingly no leading western brand of these things so most are just cheap china shit.

They're a pretty versatile toy that can be bought very cheaply.

I was going to ask myself how this could possibly work. I realized that Japanese animators can make anything happen, regardless of how stupid.

>believing shit from a satire site.
Are people being ironic and using the chance to comment about the new retarded fad toys or do retards seriously believe an anime about those things is being made?

>Animemaru
Isn't that Weeb version of The Onion?

>What I don't get is how they plan to make an anime about them.
>Animemaru

user, have you actually tried visiting the site at all?

>Shocking Conspiracy Claims Anime Has Been Dead Since 2003!
>Area Man Can’t Enjoy Seasonal Anime Because He Didn’t Watch The Original Series
>Nintendo Announces Discontinuation of the Nintendo Switch

It's just like the yoyo craze in the 90s, except doing yoyo tricks at least had some skill in them.
What do you even do with these? Spin them and then look at them?

You can balance them on your fingers, your nose, your toes. Spin them on the ground. Lean them back in forth. Do tricks if you really want to.

Did you honestly think that people who sit around watching anime and shitposting at 10am on a weekday were intelligent or capable of following a link to read an article before complaining?

I don't want to believe it but it's likely true.

The article bellow it claims live action GITS to be anime. Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded.

>google this shit
>find this
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-fidget-spinner-is-the-perfect-toy-for-the-trump-presidency

I wonder what is like to be as transparent and the MSM

>(((Rebecca))) telling us that fidget spinners are all Trump's fault

Color me surprised.

We already got a show about butt fights, it's not much of a stretch to think a fidget spinner anime could be made someday.

I bought one of these autism spinners from Amazon for 10$ or so to see what the big deal was.

They spin fast and long for minimal effort and make a nice sound I guess? That's it really. Something to fuck around with on your desk while you're doing nothing.

and you're watching cartoons for manchildren, so?

We should make a list of thing that AREN'T Trump's fault.

I dunno I got one and it's kinda fun to just twirl around while I read.