Shits going to blow up on demorats faces...

Shits going to blow up on demorats faces. Even CNN polls show nobody gives a rats ass about daca and that they will be exposing their party when they shut it down over it. I mean how dumb are the democrats? Trump won specifically because of his strong immigration talk. Take the fucking hint already, enough selling out law abiding people for votes. Get fucked and die.

cnn.com/2018/01/19/politics/cnn-poll-shutdown-trump-immigration-daca/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/954486905638473728
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LET THEM SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Shutdown? Correct me if I am wrong but don't the Republican party has the majority of legislative votes? Trump is at the executive power. Are Judges going to do politics over again like the travel ban.

How and Who can even shutdown the goverment?

Also Trump is not Obama, he will say well do it. Right after naming who are trying to bring down the goverment.

they only have less than 51 votes. Nine or ten democrats need to switch to vote. Daca ends next two months, Democrats can wait, but don't what to

This.

Certainly libfags understand the odd timing of the push for the memo. Memo is Trump's trump card. If no wall and no deal, Dems will be fucked eternally.

This happened under obama 2013 when he had both the house and senate and they blamed the reps

lel, this won't actually hurt them

The Democratic base cares more about fighting racism and amnesty than about shutting down the government or whatever

Bill has to be approved by both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Repeblicans have a thorough majority in the House, but only barely a majority in the Senate, with 51 seats out of 100. The bill has passed the House, but it hasn't passed the Senate yet because the Senate needs 60 votes out of a 100 to agree to pass. Dems are pretty much shooting themselves in the foot here (yet again).

>Shits going to blow up on demorats faces.

But that's wrong though

It didn't blow up in GOP's faces in 2013.

>about shutting down the government or whatever

>Republicans love government now

In the US Federal governments we have three branches: The Legislative branch, the Executive Branch, and the Judicial Branch.

Legislative Branch = Elected officials
Executive Branch = President and appointed people and staff
Judicial Branch = Judges, relevant support staff, and courts.

Legislative branch passes laws, President can sign them into law (legislative branch can override presidential veto by 2/3 majority).

Now you need a majority in both parts of the legislative branch to pass a law. Legislative branch is called the House of Representatives and the Senate.

In the senate, any Senator can effectively put a vote on a bill to rest (away) through something called a filibuster. If the senator is stubborn, he doesn't have to stop. In order to stop a filibuster against the consent of those invoking it, you need three fifths of senators (sixty out of one hundred) to agree to do so (called censure).

Republicans (Trump's party) only has 51 people in the senate. 47 dems and 2 independents (who always vote with dems) round out the 100.

Trump does not have enough dems crossing party lines to avoid the government shutdown. Without sixty votes in the senate, it doesn't go to a vote. Doesn't go to a vote, doesn't go to Trump's desk. Doesn't go to trump's desk, can't be passed into law by Trump.

Travel ban is different as existing law already gives Trump power to implement the travel ban without congressional involvement. Budget bills are not the same.

Forcing a government shutdown will be seen as a Principled, Compassionate, Anti-Racist, Anti-Xenophobic stand against the evil racist Drumpfler who forces a choice between CHIP and the poor Dreamers.

>How and Who can even shutdown the goverment?
when the government runs out of credit thats called shut down,

it's what we want, you want the government to not be able to borrow, by Trump borrowing money he proves that he isn't able to MAGA, because if this country was great again we wouldn't need to borrow money from a bunch of criminals overseas

let the government hit the debt ceiling, stop the borrowing

not sure if you are being sarcastic. btw, just because you don't want people coming into this country illegally anymore DOES NOT MAKE YOU A TRUMP SUPPORTER, get it? Neither does it make you a white supremacist. Playing the race card has got the democratic party nothing so far, why attempt to do it now? Why are you selling out people, some of which even vote for you, for those who don't belong here? The message I get from democrats is "come here illegally and we'll fix it later.

CHIP program being defunded would literally fuck over millions of kids

Republicans haven't done shit since SEPTEMBER 30

Dems narrowly support a shutdown. I know Democrats are the party of 51% and that's all that matters to them, but let's not pretend like there's some decisive consensus on their side to go through with it.

No, I'm completely serious, this is what the Democratic base will actually think.

>just because you don't want people coming into this country illegally anymore DOES NOT MAKE YOU A TRUMP SUPPORTER, get it?
"Non-supporters of open borders are racist" will be Democratic party line by 2024 if not earlier

>Playing the race card has got the democratic party nothing so far, why attempt to do it now?
They're more motivated now. Upper-Middle class goodwhites in particular are close to a chimpout over muh values.

>Why are you selling out people, some of which even vote for you, for those who don't belong here?
Muh values, muh poem

>It didn't blow up in GOP's faces in 2013.
Ted Cruz lost the nomination to Trump because he was behind the shut down. Most retards may not pay attention to this stuff, but a large chunk of Primary voters do.

You faggots realize this will only strengthen the Democratic base

Which do you think will lead to more turn out?

>a weak Democrat party that doesn't shut the government down to hold trump accountable
>a strong democratic party that forces trump to sign their stuff.

>Ted Cruz lost the nomination to Trump because he was behind the shut down.

>citation needed

The absolute fucking state of the American constitution. Why the fuck would you demand bipartisan support for an agreement just to keep the national government functioning when partisanship is so strong?

because dems are doing the same shit with the filibuster in the senate that the GOP did for most of Obama's presidency. did you miss the past seven years entirely?

Yes, but their petulance will also turn off anyone who isn't already on their side, will piss off the anti-illegal immigrant portions of their party, and is pissing off the right, which will help them become more determined to show up at the polls. Energizing the base is only one piece of the puzzle.

Republicans had control at that time, you dumb trumpfag

The filibuster really needs to go, completely and utterly. Congress would function so much more effectively if it didn't need a 3/5 majority to accomplish anything.

because the censure rule was created when the government was way less partisan. the white house under bush and obama with majorities in their parties threatened to change senate rules to a simple majority, but obama's party only did so with general appointments and the GOP under trump only did so by changing the obama era rule of judicial appointments to supreme court appointments.

both parties know what it's like to be in the minority and how much it sucks, they are afraid of how much the needle will move each way when parties change position of power and what they will be able to get passed.

I think if the Dems win house and senate and then the presidency in 2020, they will abolish it forever.

and Paul Ryan is about ready to give up... But, not without a twitter statement.
"Senate Democrats are charging into governmental chaos. They should abandon this reckless shutdown strategy and join the House in keeping the government open and our troops funded." -Paul Ryan, like 5 minutes ago

twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/954486905638473728

It will not strengthen anything. Look who the fuck is cutting deals for DACA on the democrat side, people who are universally hated and not trusted. You can't get me to defend Trump, but you can't make me believe that this DACA bullshit is nothing more than a grab for future votes. It doesn't matter to them that maybe, just maybe it is a bad idea to do this, they just go ahead with it because votes. This is the reason Trump won, why can't you understand that? A person like Trump winning is a sign that something indeed needs to be done with immigration, and it doesn't mean opening the gates for everyone and their families to come with no limits. If people wanted illegals to roam freely in the united states, trump would have lost.

Democrats have lost their way, they used to be the party of your average working person here, now it's the party of criminals and illegals and just quick win methods.

>Upper-Middle class goodwhites in particular are close to a chimpout over muh values.

I live in California. Are you talking about the white people who live in the lap of luxury in San Francisco or Rancho Palos Verdes? Those people don't get to see illegals because they are protected from it. I guess when are stinking rich it really does not matter what happens beneath you. It does not matter that you came here legally in the 60s and settled down and started a family, you now have to living among increased poverty and crime, all for votes for democrats. I know how their game works man. I used to be a hardcore liberal until I figured out that they were not for me.

>censure

You mean cloture?

correct, mea culpa.

>oh looks like we don't need those institutions, how about I make an executive order and we get rid of them so we can lower even more taxes

if dems aren't dumb they won't eliminate the filibuster as it would set a very dangerous precedent, but I guess we shall see.

Literally 75% of their votes are from illegal voters, they have nothing else to stand on. Keep it closed until the elections, fuck the Demoncrats, they need to be dealt with not appeased.

Dems will ride a blue wave and impeach Trump and Pence on no grounds, then install President Pelosi.

You're correct, but it doesn't change how they're going to act at the ballot box, and more importantly where their campaign donations are going to go. For these people, every immigrant that comes to the US from a third-world country produces the effect similar to a heroin injection from how virtuous it makes them feel.

Can't get me to defend Trump.

Won't support DACA.

What a lower case beta.

Democrats think demographics are putting them on the brink of some final and eternal victory. Call it: The End of Politics and the Last Liberal. Suspect once their in power again they will call it over and just dispense with any need to foresee a future minority for them.

> impeach Trump and Pence on no grounds, then install President Pelosi.
Nah. Even if they impeach they will never have the votes to remove him from office. It'll be Clinton 2.0 basically.

No way, if they could get shit done easy we'd be completely fucked by now.

It was designed this way on purpose.

I wouldn't underestimate cuckservaitves or the size of the blue wave lad

>Dems will ride a blue wave and impeach Trump and Pence on no grounds, then install President Pelosi.
if both were impeached, Paul ryan is automatically in the line of succession for the presidency.
if ryan were somehow impeached too it would be orrin hatch
if all of them were impeached, it would be the one of the cabinet members trump appointed

there is no scenario where impeachment results in the dems getting to appoint their own candidate.

Look at who will be blamed though.

Alone, Dems get the most blame at 31%. When you start combining numbers, though, Trump+GOP get more of the blame overall at a combined 47%. This is why the shutdown is happening. Dems know that they can shut down the government and blame Republicans, on top of it being a popular move among their base. Only people who are paying really close attention will notice the trick for what it is.

Didn't we have a comfy sticky the entire time it was shut down last time?

wait the image doesn't include the numbers? what is even the point of that?

whatever its in the article

Wouldn't they have a new Speaker once a Democratic supermajority goes into effect?

Am I not getting tax returns right now because of this?

Welfare too.

Budgets need 60 senators to pass. So McConnell doesn't have the votes seeing how several cuckservatives are voting no with Dems.

>You can't get me to defend Trump,
You will hang on the day of the rope

But we borrow money from the us citizens.

>criminals over seas
Who?

>tfw Federal employee who has to work through a shutdown

Fucking democrats

It doesn't matter how big the wave is, they are not getting anywhere close to 2/3 majority they'd need in the senate to remove from office. Remember how many more Dems are up for reelection this year compared to Reps. It is not actually a good year for them to have a 'wave'. And Republicans won't vote to do so as it does nothing for their benefit. Unless there's some massive revelation we don't know about.

>Dems know that they can shut down the government and blame Republicans, on top of it being a popular move among their base.
this

see

>when you control every branch of government but still can't get your party to vote for a continuing resolution to keep the government open.

Like you care about federal employees

tell that to 2013 faggot.

Wow if democrats cant hide their blaim they just fucked over their entire voter base.

>mfw EBT cards don't work in Chiraq

Dems filibustered the senate bill so it requires a 60 vote majority to end debate. The cr bill aleady passed the house itd just baing held up by senate dems

are you aware of the current proportions of the US house

there are a 435 max in the house of representatives
there are 240 republicans, 194 dems, and one vacant seat in the house right now.

even if trump and pence were BOTH impeached, and Ryan + orrin took the presidency + vice presidency, the republicans would have 50 seats in the US senate (51 minus one for orrin) and 239 seats in the house (240 minus ryan). the only ones who would need to approve ryan are the house and in the house they have a very clear majority

if the dems were to gain the majority in the house in 2018 then the line of succession would be a lot hazier. the dems would be much more likely to promote a dem. but impeachment is very very hard. even if you pass a measure for impeachment in the house, ultimately 2/3 of the senate must vote to impeach. without a significant bipartisan support, you would not get both trump nor pence impeached, regardless of the party with control of both houses at the time.

impeachment + dems putting up a presidential candidate is fantasyland shit.

Or they could go nuclear, repeal the filibuster rule with 50 votes plus pence, and do literally anything.

>if the dems were to gain the majority in the house in 2018 then the line of succession would be a lot hazier.
That's what I was suggesting

This is what I would do if I were them. But ultimately they are too cowardly to end the filibuster for good. Especially when they are afraid of becoming a senate minority in so many months.

WHEN?????? GOD DAMMIT. I AM TIRED OF WAITING!!!

even then, read the rest of my post
changing the rules of impeachment to be solely partisan would be a LOT fucking hazier.

if the dems gained the majority of the senate in 2016, and let's say by some miracle they got 60 seats - they would STILL require another 6 republicans to agree to an impeachment at the trial, or else the measure would fail.

the odds of being able to prove something against a standing prez + vice prez are very very slim.

March 5th is deadline for DACA

They need 60 votes. Retarded RINO’s & Dems

I'm uninformed on the details of impeachment law, but do they actually need to bring a case that he did something wrong? Can't they just impeach if they have enough votes if enough dems agree to do so?

>Control every branch
Completely superficial, especially with McCain still being asspained by Trump ripping on the songbird during his campaign. Senate is essentially 50/50 49/51 R/D because of mavericks

The constitution requires a 2/3 majority to remove from office. So there's no way Dems will change the rules to allow them to remove Trump from office with fewer votes.

> The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

AWESOME LAD. Great explanation

60 votes needed shill. Repubs can't block it. This is 100% on democrats. They shut down our government to help Mexican citizens, think about that

I always enjoy government shutdowns. It makes me realize just how useless so much of it is when I don't even notice huge sections of it aren't operating

>Can't they just impeach if they have enough votes if enough dems agree to do so?
yes and no.

to impeach a member of the executive or legislative branch in the federal government you need a majority of the house of representatives to vote for it. this means if a party has a majority of a given house, they can vote for impeachment. however, the House (in a semi-bipartisan fashion) generally looks at if it's warranted. because if it fails the senate, then it looks like a bipartisan witch hunt.

if the house passes it, then the senate has a trial. a member of the supreme court is the judge, and the senate is the jury. you need 2/3 of the senate (100 people = 66/67 people, depending on whether or not anyone has vacated the seat temporarily due to death, resigning, etc.) to agree. mere incompetence in office is not enough, you have to vote yes if you believe malice.

despite all the shit bill covered up over having a blowjob in the oval office, 45 dems (every dem in the senate) and 5 republicans voted against him being impeached. the dems alone would have prevented him from being impeached.

the likelihood of Trump/Pence having sufficient evidence against them where a dem majority would succeed in impeachment is exceedingly slim. it would basically have to be a signed confession. shit like the nixon tapes, which would make impeachment irrelevant because he would just resign.

On top of that, he still must be found guilty of something. People don't seem to understand that impeachment is the process of formally charging an elected official, i.e. not exclusive to the president...a senator can be impeached, with crimes that make them unfit for office; they still have to go through a trial at that point. Uneducated think impeachment is treated like getting voted out on Survivor

Yep, government magically loses all their power the moment they can't decide how much money they're going to take from their citizens

Couldn't they just frame him on Russian collusion or something if they had a 2/3 majority

The blue wave is a lefty wet dream will will produce fuck all

we didnt fight the alamo for this type of shit

this is true. I work for border patrol, even though 90% of the people I work with are conservative republicans, almost all of them said they would refuse to vote for cruz because of the shutdown stunt he pulled.

I personally would vote for almost anyone but Hillary but cruz really fucked his career with that one.

>censure
cloture

>Couldn't they just frame him on Russian collusion or something if they had a 2/3 majority
theoretically. however, the trial is public, so a kangaroo court doesn't quite play out evenly.

even if they did, there hasn't been a 2/3 party majority in the senate since the 89th congress (1965-1967).

the odds of dems taking a majority in the House in 2018 is very good, because that is allocated from the census populations. the odds of them taking anywhere near a 2/3 majority in the senate (2 per state) is basically none.

>>censure
>cloture
already acknowledged as a mistake in terminology, see

That's what I'm sayin', nigga. Trump is using the memo as blackmail essentially. In the end, schumer cleans the shit off of Obama's dick in jail.

Lol I'm willing to bet 98% of the people bitching about DACA had never even heard of it before Trump brought it up

Most people don't even notice when the government shuts down. Just those on gibs.

>lives in california
>hates illegals
>posts on Sup Forums
>isn't a trump voter

what the fuck is the matter with you

WE DID IT REDDIT!

>censure
cloture

The Dems will always blame the reps, because the media will make it the narrative. Every single shut down has been blamed on the right by the media.

With a focus on the die part, right?

see

Crap even cnn said it? Mo jay!!!!

Yes please shut down the government. Put all of the useless public sector bureaucratic scum out of work

The Democrats are willing to stake everything on this because they know amnesty for millions of illegals is the only chance they have to maintain power. Dems have been throwing white voters under the bus for generations now, and the election of Trump pretty well indicates that whites have finally gotten wise. This is a last ditch effort.

Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake. A government shutdown is the best possible thing that could happen to this country, even if it wouldn't destroy the Democrats, which it will.

Keep your mouth shut and let them kick themselves in the dick.

CNN ratings will hit rock bottom during shutdown, CNN be like FUCK DAT!

So since there is a gib program we have to keep it. That is the problem. The Dems keep giving more shot away and we can never take it back. Fuck it all.

>1 post by this ID
>Peru
>No brain
kys

Jim Acosta, is that you?

democrats just need to run out the clock on white people lel

They really became deluded into thinking they won forever when Obeezy was elected.