ITT: Art Style Evolution

Who got better, who got worse, Sup Forums?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Dragon Ball

the 05' - 11' gap is bigger than the 95' - 05'

BLEACH

Naruto

What the fuck happened

Why only face shots? Bleach for example used to have much better background art.

One Piece

2000 nami looks the prettiest.

s-stop, it hurts

lel

he went from black backgrounds to white backgrounds

Actual is not the word you want to use, kraut. Use a dictionary.

he went from art style to no fucking art style

I like both styles. His earlier one definitely had a bit more character to it, but his current one is so nice and clean.

which word should I use?
"recent"?
"present" ?

Sure those work. Other options are "current" or "now".

Fixed for you fampai

>No chapter since 2012

It hurts.

He needs a Murata/OnePunch style treatment.

His current one is more "aesthetic" than his earlier one but, he used to draw more shadows for elements like the eyes, noses, arms, etc.

He used to draw backgrounds too.

He got lazier.

Kubo is a hack

really wanna do more then just start and end but not sure where I should be picking from

As the art gets better, the story gets worse.

Is there a series that didn't suffer this?

Air Gear, there's no coherent story to begin with.

The story got worse anyway.

You really shouldn't take Air Gear as anything other than an artbook, the story going from one nonsense to the next doesn't really matter much.

I want to reread this, but I know that final two arcs won't have the emotional impact as they did the first time.

>Air Gear

Damn, i forgot that shit existed

How did it end? Did the MC fuck the pink haired girl?

Naruto. the art and story got worse over time.

Might as well just mention Oh Great as a whole.

I miss 80's hair.

Watch Shiki. It's a smorgasbord of zany anime hair.

Robin was so ugly lol

Because it's easier to compare the same characters.

>two swords print on his sleeve - he has two swords later on
>blue for quinci and red for shinigami

KUBOOOOOOO

Those lips look disgusting.

MIAGETA YOZORA NO HOSHITASHI NO HIKARI

Do it, it's still a fun read regardless, though the first 12 volumes before plot happens are sort of eh

I liked early style more.

80's > 90's

Mid part 4 a best.

>Shiki
post communism pic

>Art gets worse

Damn, i thought only Berserk suffered that

The image server seems to be down.

For some reason I can't stand his style, I think it's the faces/expressions

The new one or the old one?

The later style looks smoother and less old school. I like it.

From generic shounen #678926 to unique style.

Based Kubo.

No, you just have plebshit taste

Bimbofication?

>implying he didn't move from generic style of the times to new generic style of another time

left looks 80s and right looks 90s

no clue how you got that
first AMG pic suffers from a major case of the derpface

I know people place 80s artstyle above all others without exception but modern berserk was one of the few manga that gave me a boner by merely watching it

don't remind me ;_;

>Bleach for example used to have much better background art.
>mfw Soul eater started off with bonkers backgrounds that contributed more to the identity of the series than the storyline itself and ended with vague shapes, empty black spaces and traced photos
>mfw I have no face

You can shit talk a lot of stuff about Bleach, but Kubo's art is not one of those things. His art only got better imo. He was a master of using the contrast between black and white in his panels.

>He was a master of using the contrast between black and white in his panels.
no

this is your imouto on guts.

New chapter fucking when? This guy is worse than Murata and Togashi.

Kubo stated that he used less backgrounds because as a reader, you would put less atention to the characters.

There's a Berserk edit where they take the background of a panel and it shows that Kubo was right .

Yeah, the character art in current Berserk borders on the grotesque at times.

These threads are always fun and great, good job OP.

That guy has some kind of OCD

When he was in SJ he couldn't finish on time because he would write and scrap his work over and over again, he fucking had around 5-10 assistants and still couldn't finish on time.

Or maybe he stop caring about Bastard after the clusterfuck the battle vs Uriel turned out (6 fucking volumes for a single fight)

Eh, I don't think this pic does him justice. Lazy=/=bad skill. He got really lazy later on, and that time he hurt his wrist really bad didn't help either, but we've seen very recent artwork -related and unrelated to HxH- that's really fucking good and very solid in art fundamentals. There's no doubt about Togashi's skillset as an artist., he just needs to be in optimal conditions. Which he often isn't.

>the first 12 volumes before plot happens are sort of eh
>the first twelve fucking volumes are bad, but then there's a plot!
That seems like an instant dealbreaker to me.

Well, One Piece was fucking shit in the first volumes until Arlong Park/ Logue Town.

I can't remember what the first 12 volumes were about, but from what I can remember from the series, there is no real overall plot until a bit later on.
The premise of the series are dolls trying to become the demon king. And I think the first 12 volumes are just random little fights and character development or so until shit gets serious. And you start getting actual arcs.

It's really good, and these little fights are worth it, because there's only 100 dolls.

*Miura and Togashi

Damn, i don't remember Naruto looking this shit at the beginning