What's the best anime type and why is it CGDCT?

What's the best anime type and why is it CGDCT?

Yes, it CGDCT is definitely best, and that's because that is what anime industry is best at.

Kill yourselves
Moeshit is cancer killing anime

t. Manchild

>anime is killing cancer
Wha?
>MUH MATURE HURR
Read a book you fucking faggot.

Might as well watch my little pony.

Crazy
Girls
Doing
Cool
Things

>mature Anime are bad if I can't masturbate to it it's garbage

t. Nu-male

because of beta males. this shit's like heroin to us desu

>FMA
>"mature"
wewlad

You have good taste. Any other answer is wrong

More mature than every other Shonen ever made

I'm pretty sure most 14 year olds would prefer the anime on the left to those on the right.

cute anime girls doing cute things
cool anime girls doing cool things
cute anime girls doing cool things
cool anime girls doing cute things

All of these are golden. CGDCT is truly the only reason to watch anime.

>1984
>Catcher in the Rye

this is probably bait, but that kind of shit annoys the fuck out of me, i would actually literally rather listen to someone talk about twilight than one more fucking person tell me how their "muh mandatory highschool reading material" is the most deep shit in the history of mankind. finishing high school english is not a symbol of intelligence you fucks

Stop being closed minded
You are as bad as people who think anime should be only about flashy fights.

I hate moe fags and their pushy behavior superiority complex, true anime fans can appreciate all genres.
Except shounen air, fuck that.

>Hating moe anime
I'm sorry you feel that way newfriend

Urara posting makes me Happy.

There is a difference between moe anime and moeshit.

broadest appeal across multiple demographics

It's obviously Mahou Should. It's a combination of great action and CGDCT

go back to your containment thread, jojocancer

Alright, serious talk tho.
There are a lot comparable to some extent entertainment mediums out there such as books, movies, cartoons that are way more popular with "normal" people hence there is more of this stuff produced. Even if you want to act elite and consider 99% of mass media a pile of garbage those mediums will still have a higher chance of "quality stuff" appearing than animes.
So what's your reason to watch anime if there are better equivalents out there if you're not going for something that's mostly present only in animes such as CGDCT?

>stop being close minded

Retard. OP clearly states what's the best anime type, not the only good anime type.

>Mahou Should
dumb phoneposter

The fact that Sup Forums thinks this Gabriel Dropout were better anime last season than Sangatsu or Rakugo is proof this board's taste is irredeemable.

People like anime because it appeals to everyone, you just want everything to be cute girls with no substance.

>What's the best anime type
Anything set in a fantasy world full of magic and adventures. Plus points if it involves a Yuusha and a Maou, though that is not necessary. Minus points if it inolves a disgusting otaku traveling to a fantasy world.
The classics. There needs to be more of those.

Imagine you could animate anything you would fucking want and instead of something truly interesting or creative you would just churn out the same mundane school life shows with cute girls over and over.

I can assure you that's better than [your favorite anime], illiterate kid.

This is the type of thinking that is holding anime back, we had lots of directors like Miyazaki, Yuasa, Oshi, Shinbo, Kon or Shinkai that proved anime can be a legitimate artistic medium and you want more shallow pandering instead.

>masturbate
This is how you know fags can't appreciate cute girls, and think that masturbation is the only thing people like them for.
And by fags I mean actual homosexual individuals.

Those were almost up to par with their western media counterparts.
Almost.

>cartoons and Western TV series have higher chance of quality works than anime

Hahaha, the best of western TV might be better than best of anime but most average stuff is way worse.

Because that is the only thing anime excels in compared to everything else, and by far.
Nothing else can compete with anime cuteness. For everything else, there are alternatives.

>j-j-just read a b-book if y-you want a g-good story.
Seriously moefag? that's the best you could do?

What was the last time you saw a thread about CGDCT show without retarded lewdposting?

Anime can excel at lots of things, it's just that creators are lazy and generic kawaii shows are easy to make.

As opposed to the same fantasyshit, boring crime dramas like Monster and a lot of American TV, and "deconstructive criticisms that are totally not just doing the same thing anyway" like Re:Zero?

Yes
More variety is always better

GO away, erased was the best animu of last year. How come shitty idol anime and moeblobs sell way more overall? REEEEE

So you can't imagine people unironically having fun watching animes with cute girls for whatever reason (due to their inner fatherly instincts and wanting daughteru or just being lonely, for example) and only can see it as a some sort of pandering that only appeals to degenerates?

How makes you think all of those shows are just shallow pandering? Plenty are legitimately well-crafted and well-written like K-ON!, which takes themes like graduation that anime generally touches upon and expanding on them and developing far past what they tend to end up being. Before someone replies with some smug reply about me using K-ON! as an example, actually watch and finish it before bitching. It's a fairly simple but dense show and yet it's often misunderstood by people who generally dislike shows like it.
There's plenty of variety in anime, even amongst those CGDCT shows and if you can't recognize that, you're either not paying attention or need help.

It's just shameless escapism.

More like Mushi-SHIT

All entertainment is. If you claim to somehow get anything out of it intellectually, then that means you're just embarrassingly undereducated or can't think for yourself.

escapism is an art in of itself, and a very important one

Because well made moe centric anime are rare and hard to recognize.
In most other cases you can tell if anime is good by its premise.

not him, I really don't mind variety and it's something I really enjoy about anime vs western television which always came off as same-y in feel.

I think there's value in everything, but I also feel like everyone always shits on cute things as devoid of value or meaning, even fans of it like maybe I'm just a bottom feeding scum of a viewer that enjoys "pandering" anime but I really don't see cute girl or idol or shows or whatever as all the same as people act like. Like, im@s and LL! feel really different to me, LL being a lot more campy and lighthearted and this season everyone kept saying how Hinako Note is like Gochiusa even though the atmosphere of both shows and cast feel very different to me. I always feel like I can appreciate something unique about every cute girl series.

Maybe it doesn't have some philosophical deeper meaning to it all but I don't think it makes it intrinsically trash.

Also I still don't get why people think this type of shows is either best thing ever or the cancer killing anime, they are mostly decent time wasters and nothing more.

Escapism is the whole point of anime.

>and generic kawaii shows are easy to make
That is not true. Not that you would know or care about the huge differences between titles of said type.
Also, what's the problem with lewdposting? Appealing girls are part of the series, so some people will talk about them but that doesn't mean that's all people care or like about them.

And just out of curiousity, what is an aspect that anime can expel at, more so than other media aside from cuteness? I'm genuinely interested what is an aspect that anime can outshine other media (books with hundreds of times as many space to describe things, movies with extreme visual provess, top tier quality check) in.

Because people who either hate them or love them the most will be most vocal about their opinions in a thread like this.

True, but some works are less blatant about it than the others, some are just wish fulfillment while others can give you life lessons, even if it's extremely cliched stuff like friendship.

That's complete bullshit. First of all, moe=/=cute, anything can be called moe if it makes you feel moe, such as Kaiji and Cowboy Bebop, for some personal examples, the notion that a good cute girl show is hard to recognize is stupid because that applies to any show of any genre because it depends on how the individual feels about the execution of the premise, which are generally vague and are not at all indicative of a good show. The premise for Sword Art Online is generally considered to be amazing and the premise of Kare Kano is sort of bland but SAO is shit and Kare Kano is amazing.
For me in particular, it's just that it churns out the most shows that make me feel great to watch, usually due to their breezy atmosphere and calming art.
Yeah and that also applies to cute girl shows. Pan de Peace is garbage because there's nothing to it and its vague theme of bread reeks of a "cute girls with wacky specific theme" idea whereas K-ON! is about how much friendship changes you and how you don't know what you have until it's gone.

How are they not? Most characters are basic archetypes and there is not much animation in these anime.
Lewdposting is cancer because it's low quality posting and often decolves into ERP faggotry.
I miss the time when Sup Forums could appreciate cute girls without acting like total perverts.

It's not fair to compare anime to books and movies because it's a much newer medium, as I said it mainly excels at variety and it's more interesting than most western TV because of cultural differences.

protip nobody cares about your opinions regardless

>How are they not?
They tend to either be more focused on atmosphere/tone or comedy. Accomplishing a tone properly music, voice acting, and visuals or getting comedic timing down requires talent and effort.

Yeah I know moe has more meaning but in the West people mostly use it for anything that looks adorable and makes them feel good.
They are mainly hard to recognize because it takes more time to recognize if it's actually well made.
Anyway I still think these types of shows are vastly preferable to shitty light novel adaptations with long clickbait titles and battle harems.

All these aspects are equally or more important in other anime genres, especially music and atmosphere.

I'm just saying that they're not necessarily easy to make. There's still thought and effort put into them.

Urara was shit even for cgdct

I didn't really mean it that way. There are some animes that have any sort of plot progression, like LL that you mentioned: saving school from closing, girls not just becoming idols for the lulz but actually setting some goals and competing with others. And then there are some animes like Non Non Biyori that just have a specific setting (school in a village in this case) and literally nothing happening other than that. Just cute girls doing cute things. Even considering the lack of substantial plot NNB is still my favourite anime and I didn't really like LL. It's just that it's not possible to explain the meaningfulness of those kind of animes to most of the people that have a general idea of "this show must have a direction\conclusion otherwise it's boring" because that's something you either understand yourself or completely disagree with.

NNB is a meme show and the only reason people fellate it is because it's probably the first iyashikei they watched and keep using words like "comfy".

Were acceptable subs ever put on acceptable video? I recall only either finding good subs and a watermarked video or a clean video with shitty subs.
I hate that show but people usually tend to state why they like/love it and their reasons tend to make sense. Also, when did comfy become a boogieman term and not just another way to describe something?

I like battle harems.

>All entertainment is
For you, maybe.

This image is actually incredibly embarrassing.

How? It's mostly accurate

What else is there to get out of it? If it's knowledge, you can just go read a book and get a more exhaustive understanding of whatever subject it is and if it's life-lessons or things that make you question aspects about life, you should just go out and live it to get that shit because it certainly won't do much for you if you're getting it from fucking video games or anime.

If kinmoza ain't the CHILLEST shit you've ever seen then get the fuck out of my face

Yeah.
Yeah, it's accurate.

The fact that you used FMA in the "mature" category is a sign of how small your reference pool is that you used to make it.

Nah. Usually, the aggressive party is the group on the left and the right's words are usually in reaction to them in order to piss them off.

The worst part of moe fans are easily the yuri shippers

But moe fans are always the ones who get overly defensive whenever someone shittalks their favorite anime

That's just because said shittalking is in itself shit, coming from people who have a lack of understanding of the shows or the appeal of them, usually also misusing "moe" like an idiot. If someone went up to me and said "okay, I understand what K-ON! is going for and I don't like it for these reasons", then I'd be perfectly fine with it. It's just that most """criticisms""" come from a limited or lack of understanding of the shows, like people who think that they're just pandering to pedophiles and have no other appeal.

Maybe it is literally what it is named. Entertainment. Ever thought about that? Maybe some people like all forms of entertainment, rather than looking for escapism.

Entertainment is escapism, though.

Again, for you, maybe.
Having fun isn't just escapism. Some people find life to be fun. Not all just want to escape from it when they're having fun. Someone just like having fun in life.

When referring to entertainment, I'm referring to entertainment media, which is escapism. I wouldn't be talking about just having fun in life because that's irrelevant. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with escapism. The fact that it's seen as an inherently bad thing is terrible.

So every other type of fun is fine, but when it's from entertainment media, it's escapism? That makes sense. But then the term escapism is just meaningless. It's just a second word used for I guess procrastination or entertainment? Just a redundant and unnecessary term which doesn't really means anything? Not sure how you're treating this term anymore.

And yes, escapism isn't wrong. It's a pretty fucking a nice thing. Not sure why you needed to state the obvious, but yes, you're not wrong.

My point is that calling those shows escapism was pointless and that using the term is in itself pointless. People tend to use it in a negative way so I addressed that too.

No matter how had you try to deny it there are pieces of entertainment with thematic and character exploration which compel the consumer to think about and reflect on them in the contest of his own life, effectively the consumer confronts his own existence. On the other hand you have pieces of entertainment whose only goal is to make the consumer forget about his own existence, which is what people mean when calling something escapism.

Well, this thread is better than I expected

As it has always been, from the beginning of time.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Becaause it's cute.

Cute girls doing cute things is just another way of saying style but no substance. K-ON had some substance. It had characters, rather than just cute girls. That disqualifies it from being just cute girls doing cute things. It was just another story, but one that just happened to have a cast full of cute girls.
Now, the same can't be said about shit like Gabriel Dropout or something. The only thing to see there is the cute girls, nothing more. That's when it becomes a problem.

Well I don't have much to say

This is some nice cherry picking.

not him, but it's not as cut and dry as that though, escapism depends on the viewer and their reasons for watching it

watching cute things motivates me a lot, nothing gets me off my ass to work on a long term goal of mine more than watching idol anime.

more serious fiction can result in escapism too depending on the person , I've met a lot of people that spend an excessive amount of time fantasizing about a zombie apocalypse and how life would be simpler than their current situations and meticulously planning the strategies they would utilize the survive it because they watched/played walking dead or something.

now I don't know how good or bad that show/game is, but you can't deny a lot of people think it has substance from what I hear of others talking about it.

i don't even like gabriel dropout, but it has "substance." It's a comedy, and it has plenty jokes, I just don't think they're very funny or well done.

>Gabriel Dropout
That show's main gimmick is stupid comedy not cute girls.

Yeah, I'm sure that comedy was actually funny and exactly what people watched and liked it for, not the girls.

It's cute girls acting silly.

It's only the truth.
Moefags are all-around understanding, happy people while moehaters are omnidirectional maelstroms of autism and rage.

>lacking respect for others opinions.
someone should have given that user a swirly in middle school.

Most moefags are sexually frustrated teenagers

Yes, cute girls doing "cute" things.

the comedy relied on the difference of what you expected a devil and and an angel to act like versus the reality of how the characters actually were, which also was the source of their cuteness

you can't like one and not the other in the case of gabriel dropout. If you don't think it's funny that satania has a shallow concept of evil and is good natured at heart despite being a demon, then you probably wouldn't find it particularly cute either.

so you can say that the people who enjoyed the show enjoyed the comedy, yes.