What is your opinion on Croatia and croats?

What is your opinion on Croatia and croats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxIYv7Bw3no
youtube.com/watch?v=ItSQFf0oW7k
balkaninsight.com/en/article/operation-storm-croatia-s-triumph-serbia-s-grief-07-31-2015
youtube.com/watch?v=KZUYQX_LZms
academia.edu/4080349/Mutual_Intelligibility_of_Languages_in_the_Slavic_Family
rooshvforum.com/thread-6074.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They just seem so alien and different from me yet they are next to my country , it's a strange feel

oh and gib istria back

shithole

I'm moving to Zadar

never. its rightfully ours

why?

The only contact I've ever had with Croatia was me going on vacations there to the same location in Pula every year as a kid, staying at a pension owned by an old serb larping as a croat that hated serbs and his italian wife, eating croat food in italian owned restaurants and chilling on the beach together with other austrian, german and dutch families

From my experience Istria is basically Austro-Italian shared clay, and even though I've been about a dozen times to your country I don't think I've ever had contact with a single croat outside of the border guards and two chicks I've fucked/knocked up when I was seventeen, although I'm not sure if they were croats since I had no idea where they were from other than that they spoke some kind of slavspeak and didn't look mediterreanan

In conclusion 9/10 it's alright

I inherited land there and I'm sick of this place

No, it's ours

Not as based as Serbia and serbs, but still probably more based than the rest of Yurop

>mfw 1/4 Croat & Dago
Speaking from virtually no experience, Croats seem like pretty decent people who've been dealt a shitty hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=IxIYv7Bw3no

so you are coming back. Whats wrong with Canada? I have family there,thought about immigrating

Croat-Bosniak War (1993-94)
youtube.com/watch?v=ItSQFf0oW7k

Also while I'm at it talking about Balkanoids, Slovenia is basically Apu: The Country

Eternally butthurt about Anglos and Serbs for always kicking their arse

I like cro cop
That's all I know

South and west belongs to the Italians, north and east belongs to the Austrians.

Being a Croat isn't a thing.

Just like being from Queens isn't a fucking thing other then to the few that are.

The Croats I've met in the US have always been hardworking people.

You fucking nigger! Learn your place in history. We were a kingdom long before you shitstains Amerimutts even knew what was a kingdom.

You the guy with family somewhere in a village near Zadar?

who

Seki is that you m8??

Vegeta is the secret seasoning, the secret spice that makes food good. I JUST RELEASE THE BIGGEST SECRET OF EASTERN EUROPE CUISINE!!!!

they will get what is coming to them

Also... CroCop.
Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery.

Why deny Bosnia a coastline that hard? Rude tbqh

Traitors for fighting with the Bosnians.

You do realize Croatia was a part of Yugoslavia and Slovakia was a part of Czechoslovakia back then.

Explain

fake country (you can see by shape)

fake nation (i think they are serbians bosniaks or whatever) real croats died out

Bosnia isn't a real country
Read aboutWe fought the bosnians too,all alliances were made out of necessity. Bosnians allied with serbs too at one small area. Dont base your history knowledge off remove kebab memes

croatia is beautiful from the inside, croats (girls) from the outside. that's everything i know so far.

Their country looks like a hunched Jew plotting.

ACTUALLY they were both part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire when my great-grandparents left (~1900), but that's not how you're supposed to make those family trees. My ancestors were Croats & Slovaks, not "Austro-Hungarians".
>additionally Finland used to be part of the Russian Empire, but I have no "Russian" ancestors....only Finns.

at last i trully see

Croatians strive too hard for their own identity. they are serbs. the language is the same, the culture is extremely similar and genetically they are extremely similar. that being said, they have more justification to be a country than Macedonia or Bosnia but they're all serbs at the end of the day

You got it all wrong, Serbs are Croats.

Serbs, Croats and Montenegrins are all actually Bosniaks

Explain please

not even going to bother with this

NATO did nothing wrong

Under what logic would you think that Croats are Serbs? The two are described as separate tribes before they even arrived onto the Balkans.

why did Yugoslavia break apart
>American Education™

>implying istria is croat
>Implying the rest of croatia isn't serb

(((bill clinton))) funded mudslimes and bombed serbia

does croatia even have a space program or ever sent anyone into space? or ever plan on space exploration like we burgers are?

They are a very respectable and >civilised people

Objectively best Balkan country, prove me wrong

Aren't they and the Slovenes one of the few South Slavs with the R1a haplotype?

we are not balkan

who cares?

This desu, sadface.jpg.

>we are not balkan
yes you are

Why would they? Just because they have a strong tourism sector doesn't mean they're like Florida with a launch facility and so on.

Too bad, Tesla was from Balkan

Many countries which are now together were formed by separate tribe. I will repeat, culturally, linguistically and genetically the differences are extremely minor between croatia and serbia. am i wrong in saying that?

>am i wrong in saying that?
Yes, you are wrong. And even if you were not wrong, and you are, the whole "Croats are Serbs" statement would still be idiotic unless you're attempting to say "Croats are Serbs as much as Serbs are Croats". You're also ignored how crucial identity is, and the fact that Croat and Serbs shared a state through only some 70 year in 1000+ year of our existance.

all three parameters can vary depending on region, though. as far as distant regions are from each other, the differences will be bigger. for example, kajkavian area is closer to slovenia than it is to the serbia and the rest of croatia for that matter. same applies to southeast serbia which is closer to bulgaria than to the rest of serbia, etc.

Grandpap emigrated to U.S. from Croatia in 1912

MFW "hurr durr Croatians are Nazis"

so you're saying that croatians and serbians have significantly different culture, genetics and language? it's similar as fuck especially in the grand scheme of things. why doesn't dalmatia split off if we're using your logic

But the ustase was savage even for muh evil nazis standard, dear user

Having common roots and similar culture doesn't make us one people.
Not to mention we pretty much despise each other, so any mention of "you're basically serbs" can only get you beaten up in Croatia.

For Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic, Operation Storm was “the biggest [example of] ethnic cleansing since World War II”.
balkaninsight.com/en/article/operation-storm-croatia-s-triumph-serbia-s-grief-07-31-2015

"Anica and a jug of wine"?. What is that referring to?.
youtube.com/watch?v=KZUYQX_LZms

>significantly different culture, genetics and language?
Significant enough that we never merged despite actual politically-motivated attempts. And there's no reason for black and white thinking, it's not a choice between "they're super different" and "they're totally the same ethnic group". There's a lot of similarities and our currently standardised languages are close to identical, but that doesn't make us a singular people.

The only difference between Croats and Serbs that I know of is that Croats are mostly Catholics and Serbs are mostly Orthodox Christians. Are there other differences?.

My grandfather left Croatia before the FIRST World War sempai. No Nazis here

But I STILL get grief when I say I'm of Croatian descent and hear "you guys were Nazis"

My Mom's side is "Scoth-Irish" which is a nice way of saying "mutt"

Anica is a female name. I'm guessing that in the song Serbs killed Anica and he drunk a jug of wine and he'll go burn Krajina now or something. Never heard of an actual Anica in our history. Knin was the center of Serbian Krajina, which was an occupied territory within Croatia, and Knin was also a capital of medieval Croatia for a while.

I like them.

fair enough, you'd be more educated in the subject than me, i was speaking from experience which I guess doesn't mean shit. from what I've seen, a lot of croatians (there are heaps in NZ, the ones that are like 1/4th, 1/8th croatian seem to be the most outspoken/nationalist ones) go out of their way to prove their differences between serbs and are very hesitant in acknowledging their similarities

>"Anica and a jug of wine"?. What is that referring to?.
The translation is wrong, it's not "because of Anica", it's "for Anica".
Anica being a girl from Knin (not a historical figure, probably imaginary)

Cool, I'll be visiting Croatia for vacation this spring. I'll be sure to call you all Serbs so I can get beat up by you 5'6 PUSSIES.

by the way you definitely have merged it was called Yugoslavia and didn't you merge several times throughout history?

>by you 6'+ CHADS.
ftfy. This region (specifically the Dinaric alps) has some of the tallest people in the world

literally a non country, we are so few we don't even deserve a flag

>muh 4 million

Slight difference in language, which grows rapidly if you start comparing regional dialects. I mean, you could go compare music and folklore if you wanted details or traditions like "krsna slava" which exist among Serbs, but not among Croats. There's a probably a different political culture. If you observe Istria and Dalmatia, you'll see a strong cultural influence from Italy, etc. But simply identity and history are important enough for us to be classified as separate. You can't tell two nations that they're the same nation if they don't feel that way.

We do joke here that your diaspora in Australia and NZ is way too enthusiastic with their nationalism. Croats often are sensitive to the topic because Serbian nationalist ideology often wanted to Serbianise Croats under the claim that Croats are just "Catholic Serbs".

I meant, "merge" in a literal sense, as in become a single ethnic group/nation, not just share a state. Both Yugoslavias had ethnic tensions, although the creation of this "Yugoslav identity" was promoted.

overall we're very similar today, i agree. linguistically we're the same, but there's one thing you should know

before ottoman invasion which caused mass migrations to happen to the north and west, there was a shift of population. croats considerably lost a lot of their people, because they lived right on the border where ottomans stopped expansion so they were subject to their daily raids and plundering. those croats spoke chakavian, which has different roots from the language we use today and it certainly wasn't understandable to other people who bordered them and spoke shtokavian (the language we all use today). they eventually got replaced by those speakers and outnumbered in their own lands, which made chakavian to be nearly extinct and them to pick up the language of those settlers
there's also kaikavian in the north croatia, which has also different roots from those both languages mentioned above, and it's the most similar to today slovenian language (some may call it even a dialect of it). those people there also look like slovenians/west slavs and not like average south slavs like us and croats, and assumably they have the most similar culture to theirs

regarding serbia, we have people in the south and east who speak torlakian, which is a transitional dialect between bulgarian and serbian, but it's base is shtokavian despite grammar being mostly similar to today west bulgarian. generally as the one goes from vojvodina to serbia proper and south (especially kosovo and sanjak) the differences in the culture and speech are more and more visible, due to those lands being split between two empires for a long time
montenegro still has tribal communities and by mentality it's most similar to their southern neighbors albanians
bosnia is dominated by muslims so it preserved a lot of ottoman remnants in their culture

the answer is above. tl;dr we weren't exactly the same people in the beginning, but we were neighbors since ever

My father is Croatian. He knows how to repair machinery and heavy equipment. He is soft spoken and rarely drinks. He saves money. My mother is an utter Brit cunt though.

To this american and australian mutts (ethnicities made up in the 17th century).
You do realize Croatia had its country since the 7th century?
That’s a 1000 years before you guys.
And a lot before the Serbs did.
The first slavic alphabet is called the Glagolitic, google about it a bit, was used here in 925. everywhere and each of our 20ish kings had inscriptions on glagolitic alphabet.
We have defeated Bulgarians, Arabs, Mongols, Avars, Turks, Hungarians and Serbs throughout our history and Croatia in its 1300 year old history has NEVER been conquered by war, only with politics and nothing more.
We’re shitty politicians but excellent warriors.
Napoleon Bonaparte:
“Give me a 100 000 Croats, and I’ll conquer the whole world”.
Check out Battle of Siget where 2000 Croats rushed to certain death against a 100 000 Turks, check out Battle of Vukovar where 2000 defenders held a surrounded city with no food, water or ammo against 30 000 Chetniks and Yugoslav Peoples Army on average (90 000 on its peak). Also the Serb equation, Serbian language was first made by Vuk karadzic in 1848., Croatian dictionaries can be found from 300 years earlier.
Just because someone is loud, don’t assume he’s right.
Check your sources, especially you condescending cunts.
Roman emperors have written about Croats as being capable of raising a 100 000 horseman, where was America when Constantinopole was alive?

thanks for educating me i guess i was speaking too confidently about a subject i didn't know much about, i truly hope that the balkans can all become friends in the future and work together to rid the continent of Albania

Redpill me on whether or not president of Croatia is a globalist.

Aw, man... You didn't need to go full retard.

MI

>serbian education

no wonder you're so much poorer than us

not an argument
but feel free to address everything what wrong what i've said above

SMO

Your borders look like a dragon

lol this is pathetic, you are irrelevant

Canada is a mess, thats why. Young people dont want to stay here. Canada is overhyped as fuck, its a soulless place where culture comes to die

KRALJEVI

KANGZ

I assume... i dont speak serbo-croat

Bosnians here don't dislike Croats. Reading these boards you would think we should, some of them clearly hate us and want to split our country with Serbs. Whatever, we don't dislike Croats. They are different to Serbs, and not trying to fuck you over every chance they get. Serbs are cunts, they will try to corrupt you because they are shit. They are worse than a Jew.

They were good vassals, loyal fiefs, and outstanding warriors.

>forgot pic related

first of all, in everyday life no one speaks actual štokavian in croatia.

and second, you are an utter imbecile, the emergence of štokavian as the "official" dialect had nothing to do with population movements.

>Croats were also very unhappy with the new standard in which the two main languages of Croatia, Jaikavian and Lakavian was negated in favor of Štokavian, a language that few Croats spoke. 'Before 1850,most peasants simply spoke their local Croatian dialect of Kaikavian or Čakavian

>So after 1850, the local Slavic language spoken by nearly all Croatians was simply wiped out officially and replaced with the new Štokavian standard. This process began a long and serious decline in Čakavian and Kaikavian

>Nevertheless, the new Štokavian Croatian standard is not spoken much outside of official functions. So once again we are confronted with the linguistic cliche of "an official language that no one speaks.# In Croatia today, there are three types of Croatian spoken.

>First the official standard, which exists more on paper than in reality. In fact, if you speak only Standard Croatian, you will be regarded with puzzlement in most parts of Croatia where you will be probably seen more as an uneducated peasant from the hinterlands than as a modern educated person.

>Second, a regional standard, nevertheless intelligible across the land, that is a mixture of standard Croatian and aspects of local Kaikavian and Čakavian dialects. This second form is surprisingly common, evenon television. The more pure forms of Čakavian and Kaikavian tend tobe spoken more amongst old people and in rural areas. Speakers are often ridiculed as uneducated peasants and there is a lot of pressure to give up the hard traditional Čaikavian and Kakavian dialects

Your education system should be the subject of utmost ridicule. Please don't talk if you have nothing wise to say.

academia.edu/4080349/Mutual_Intelligibility_of_Languages_in_the_Slavic_Family

to be honest, if you're a mudslime you can get the fuck out of the europe and split that land between croatia and serbia

President of Croatia is connecting us with the Višegrad group (Hungary, Poland..), very proNATO and proTrump, Prime Minister however is a globalist cuck.
Unlikely.
The thing you’ll learn on the Balkans is that no matter how much we hate each other, everyone hates Serbia more.
They’re the loudmouth that always claimed everything is theirs although they never owned anything lol
Google Jovan Deretić, dude claims Serbs discovered America, Jesus was speaking Serbian and that Germans are Serbs.
It’s more likely we’d rid the Balkans of Serbia rather than Albania lol
You know, 20 years ago when they tried to conquer Croatia, they used a map of Ottoman conquest as a map of “their” land, not even kidding.
They claimed the line where the Turks came is somehow Serbian hahah
They claimed Macedonia&Bulgaria are South Serbia and Bosnia ofcourse is Serbian too just as much as Croatia xD

rooshvforum.com/thread-6074.html

>in everyday life no one speaks actual štokavian in croatia.
Most people do. What are you going on about?