Other urls found in this thread:

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/210133
youtube.com/watch?v=XUDtM3Py0ko
youtube.com/watch?v=76amQKMi9zw
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume6_Chapter1
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume6_Chapter2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was pure kino.

It was fucking retarded. Allison & Lillia is better.

It was better than average. But people need to stop sexualizing the Kino.

New series when?

Maybe this boy(female) should stop being so sexy then.

I don't see what's so spectacular about this show. I think it's average at best.

If only it were average. Sadly many bad anime exist. Very sad.

>Allison to Lillia
Is this any good? can only find AniYoshi and ED so that doesn't bode me with much confidence.

Is it just me, or was it like anarchist propaganda?

Kino goes to all these different countries and each one has its own, unique system of government. She sees democracies, monarchies, technocracies, oligarchies, etc. and each and every one has some severe flaw that leaves their inhabitants fucking miserable.

Meanwhile, Kino, leaving free and open in the wild, has a better life than anyone she meets. I might just be looking too much into something that's not there.

There's definitely something though.

>Allison & Lillia
Just did a quick check. ED and AYE are shitty rips. There's the [HiKyoDVDRip] which is sadly not subbed, chaptered etc. If anyone is willing to remux the show I'd be willing to invite them to AB. Just upload the result to pantsu and I'll pm you there.

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/210133

Kino

It has the comfy adventure of Kino, without the retard side characters.
I think I used AniYoshi, which was okay. You don't get to be picky with older shows like this.

Poppy.

I think it might be just you.

The author's a gun-loving Libertarian, so I doubt that. Also Kino's life kinda sucks in some regards. She has to watch tragedies unfold and she can't do anything to better any country she visits. She's murdered a bunch of people so she's conscious of all the blood she has on her hands. There's some countries that are bereft of strife and are thriving while others she (or other characters) visits that are tribalistic or backward in nature. She has all the time in the world and so much freedom and when she isn't driving to her next destination she's either bathing or napping. She isn't completely selfish, as she's helped people in the past solely on a whim but charitable acts tend to bite people in the ass (but have a silver lining to them after the fact).

Kino isn't really politically savvy either and doesn't really care, nor are the forms of government depicted supposed to be the main topic, but the people Kino and the other protagonists meets along the way.

>you don't get to be picky
I'll remux it myself if I have to. It better be good

Why didn't she tell the war countries to just play soccer or something?
>muh impartial observer
More like willing accomplice to every death after her visit.

A lot of the stories felt like an excuse for a gut-punch, instead of trying to tell a meaningful or interesting story. Particularly the volcano one. That was fucking dumb.

Most forms of governance shown in the series are simply some kind of general human vice or whatever being systematized. It's all just for the sake of allegory.

I liked it, but I'm still not sure why people praise it as the greatest thing ever. The stories were interesting and somewhat thought provoking, but I don't feel like that alone makes it worthy of the substantial amount of praise it gets. I feel like I'm either missing something or it's very overrated.

It is good. Also has the comfiest OP of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=XUDtM3Py0ko

try again
youtube.com/watch?v=76amQKMi9zw

>Why didn't she tell the war countries to just play soccer or something?
Do you think they'd listen to her if she did? She's a nobody and she's leaving in a couple days anyway so her suggestions have even less gravity to them. The volcano story seems to be the only tragic story where even Kino is affected. I can't think of any other story in the series where Kino gets that invested in the country, so I'd consider it more an outlier than par for the course.

Personally I'm just a huge sucker for road trip stories where small central cast visits widely different settings and interacts with them. KnT's a pretty good introduction to philosophical ideas and at this point it's notable for its contribution to anime culture in Japan. I do want to say that Kino's character has generated a number of notable expies.

She was straight up asked for an alternative suggestion, and didn't say anything. At least give it a go.
Even more retarded is that the third group of people just stuck around getting murdered for years.

>The volcano story seems to be the only tragic story where even Kino is affected.
That look of fear on her face actually sent chills down my spine. I think that's the only time we've ever seen her visibly afraid.

Was that the one where she's attacked by some dudes and has to shoot one of them to scare them off?

That was at the end of the war episode. Thanks for reminding me.

>instead of moving away, they ambush and murder unconnected strangers for revenge
The war episode gets more stupid the more you think about it. It's a blight on a great show.

I liked it, her reaction after that part was one of my favorite parts of the whole show.

Many of the stories did have blatant political messages but I don't think they were promoting anarchism. Like the one where Kino meets a woman who goes around preach to people about how guns are evil and unnecessary but at the end of the story it's revealed that the man she was traveling with had been protecting her, without her knowing, with his gun during her travels. The story couldn't be more political if it wanted to be.

Philosophy and politics are intertwined, after all. I think that story was slightly altered in that I could've swore that Kino met a man and a woman who were about to set off to preach non-violence and as soon as they leave the gate the woman shoots the man dead because he murdered her husband years ago and offers to do anything for her after getting out of prison, and then she decides to go back to her country to continue mourning after Kino doesn't do anything to save the man.

Is there a singly good country besides the meme ones?

The ones loli-princess-Kino is being raised in, yeah.

It got too predictable.

And she wasn't an impartial observer, when she got to the gladiator country, she completely fucked everything up. That thematic inconsistency really confused me.

I checked the novels and I there are two similar stories. They were back to back in the book so I guess they were meant to be read as pair.

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume6_Chapter1

Is the one where the woman kills the man for her revenge

baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Kino_no_Tabi:Volume6_Chapter2

Is the one where the man protects the woman without her knowledge

That was probably the worst part of the show. Pic related was the only good thing about it.

In the books Kino visits the Land of Permitted Murder and it's more or less an ancap paradise.

I wanna say the whole point of that chapter is to emphasize the concept of the NAP and how it would ideally play out.

As stated before the author's a gun-loving Libertarian.

The kinoest

See, I get where you're coming from, and I'd even agree with you when we're taking about early, teenage Kino. Older Kino on the other hand is ridiculously attractive, so you would literally be gay if you didn't lewd the fuck out of her. In front of Hermes.

>in front of
On top of.

>and each and every one has some severe flaw that leaves their inhabitants fucking miserable.
Not true at all. Most of the time the inhabitants of each country are quite happy and pleased, even when their country is complete shit, for example the Ship Country. And then she comes across countries that are pretty much utopias too.

Honestly I think the amount of times she comes across a country where the inhabitants are not happy or pleased with their way of life is in the minority. Sometimes there's one or two people who are displeased, but it almost always turns out that they're in the vast minority.
The first book has a lot of what you're describing though, I suppose.

Do we even know how old Kino is? I want to say she's in her early 20s at this point but time doesn't really matter in the series and each chapter takes place before or after certain events (i.e. when Kino gets Flute or when Kino gets a shotgun).

Don't make me post that fapfic of Kino raping Hermes.

LNfags, does kino kills her parents for killing the original kino?

The story flip-flopping between Kino being an aloof outside observer and getting involved with people because they want action scenes where she shoots people made Kino seem like kind of an irresponsible dick.

I was mainly referring to the last episode.

A more generic question, did she revisit any country?

>I want to say she's in her early 20s at this point
Hell no. I'm pretty sure even in the chapter where she returns to Master she's described as a late end teenager or something.

No, she never returns as far as we know. And I don't remember the chapter but the Land of Adults is no more. It was a very short chapter though, one of those ending chapters that are like 5 pages long.

Not really, but because I was curious about whether she age at all, since there were so many light novels, I looked up the covers art and she definitely grew older over time. We know from the story about the original Kino that she was turning 12(or was it 13?), and she looks like she's in her late teens or early 20s in the later covers. Everything fits, so we have our loose headcanon.

I said lewdness, not cruelty. A flustered Hermes is much better than a traumatized one.

She was mind-controlled in one country, causing her to revisit it several times and Hermes was bribed in upgrades to keep quiet. They'd wipe her mind when she leaves, prompting her to visit the same country again.

That's what I heard happened though, I've no idea which story it is but I'm assuming it's one of the later ones that probably isn't translated yet. So if you want to have sex with Kino, learn hypnotism.

that sounds like a lewd doujin

Well, either that never happened or it is indeed an untranslated chapter because I've never heard of that.
If it is true though then what the fuck Hermes. How do you hide getting upgrades anyway?

>At that point, Kino was pouring lots of vinegar into the pot. She did not even measure it. She was pouring it straight from the bottle. Furthermore, she tossed, not a spoon, not a pinch, but a bowlful of chili into the mixture. She simply tossed everything that was in the bowl.
You'd eat Kino's cooking, right? Just look how proud she is of her cooking power!

I would and I would enjoy it.

Not unless she threaten to use persuasion.

>Don't make me post that fapfic of Kino raping Hermes.

Go on...

Kino slowly lingered her nude form to the rear of the Hermes. She dragged hands, body and tits slowly over every piece of the machinery until she stopped at the metal tube at the rear of the motorbike.

"Mmmm, What do we have here?" Kino said, her voice thick with lust, delicately fingering the metal tube with her index finger.

"Ah! No! Not there!" Hermes said with a gasp. Kino ignored the noisy motorbike’s plea. She smiled and continued to drag her finger around the end circular end of the pipe exhaust...
"Hnn, there's so much smut." Kino said looking at her greasy finger. She exhaled as she lowered her finger down to her clitoris.”Mph!” she moaned as the finger greased her stiff clit. Hermes, for a moment regained his senses.
"Kino what are you doing back there?!" He shouted. Kino was brought back to reality and looked at the dirty exhaust pipe.
"I... better clean you, Hermes.” Kino mumbled reaching her face down near exhaust pipe bringing in all the oily fumes into her nostrils. She stuck out her tongue and very slowly began to like the metallic tasting dirt off of the smooth metal pipe. Kino unabashedly continued to finger herself and rubbed her tits while gently lapping up the grease and dirt from the exhaust pipe.

When Kino finally licked clean the last of the dirt and smut from the exhaust pipe she narrowed her eyes. Without a word she spread open her wet pussy and gently pushed into the exhaust pipe. Both Kino and Hermes moaned like animals in heat as Kino slowly began to move back and forth along the tube. As she got the hang of it, Kino moved her hips faster and harder trying to get more of the exhaust pipe into her faster. Blood smeared onto the exhaust unnoticed as both Hermes and kino moaned and mewed louder and louder. After a few minutes of Kino, was reduced to mere panting as she drove pussy into Hermes exhaust pipe at a frenzied pace.

“I’m cumming!” Hermes groaned, injecting his oily load directly into Kino's pussy. Kino arched and screamed as Hermes continued to pump into the writhing girl. Kino collapsed, leaving his exhaust pipe with a pop, as Hermes continued to pump oil over her quivering body for several more moments. Kino lay there for a moment, her nude body with grease, sweat and oiled smeared all over her, panting hard. After Kino caught her breath she smiled, got up and grabbed a nearby can of oil. She began to walk back to Hermes. The motorbike gulped.

I've never wanted to be a motorbike more than I do now.

don't sexualize hermes

I can't wait to see the PV for the anime. I want to know what it's going to look like.

Oh what the hell, I'd give it a shot. Who knows, it could be good. I hope it's good.

manga seems to be a rehash
I hope anime will be different

If we see it, it could be stuck in development hell with the little amount of info we're getting.

>See this thread
>Remember we're really getting Kino 2

I wonder if the fish scene will be animated

That depends on how far the anime will go. OVAs included.

What fish scene?

Hermes starts talking to the reader and starts telling the story of how she was molested by fish.

>rare doujinshi never
;_;

Hermes is a she?

I always thought of Hermes as a snarky little brother.

>not KyoAni
Not kino.

This anime was gay.

Kino could have been at least a little feminine, no?

There's only one naked girl in that scene and it certainly ain't Hermes.

I'm not a woman, but I don't think you want motor oil in your vagina.

Hearing Aoi Yuuki as Yuzuru in Koe no Katachi makes me excited for the new anime.

Is there official art of older Kino?

no, she never reaches that age.

Kino now...

Why do people get so autistic over lewding the Kino?

Tomboys are hot

>tfw the volcano

Kino then.

Oh cool, nice to meet you Kino. May name uh Jeff

I just want to talk about the show. and I don't want to be reminded she's a girl

>I don't want to be reminded she's a girl
Kino can still be handsome as fuck. This came from the same volume as even.

>implying she is romantically involved with anyone but hermes

How are the novels? I'm interested in reading them but I can only find the first volume online

She's romantically involved with me. Here's her holding our baby.

They're pretty good reads. Shizu (that sweater-wearing faggot with the katana and talking dog) has his own chapters and you also get to see Kino's Master's adventures from when she was young and still wearing the suit. Also there's a new(ish) girl named Cam adds a fourth POV. She has a camera and rides a moped.

I don't usually prefer flat, but Kino's argument here is unusually persuasive.

I like me some Kino hips.

Neat. Yeah, I heard about Shizu and he's one of the reasons I was interesting in reading.

What the fuck? You can find all of the translated material on Baka-Tsuki (some chapters were translated by an independent translator on his blog, but Baka-Tsuki has links to his chapters too)

no it was tabi

They seem a little transparent to me.

Small perky breasts are the best.

Is there a female less sexualized than Kino?