Twitter goes full Big Brother now

"Listen up citizen, the enemy is at the gate. Be aware, citizen!"

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/2016-election-update.html
dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/about
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/2016-election-update.html
"Consistent with our commitment to transparency, we are emailing notifications to 677,775 people in the United States who followed one of these accounts or retweeted or liked a Tweet from these accounts during the election period. "

The utter derangement of leftists

>It's not fair! How dare someone else use our platform to manipulate public opinion? Only we and our (((friends))) are allowed to do that!

Everything's completely upside down

what the fuck
burgers explain this

> dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/about
These accounts were selected for their relationship to Russian-sponsored influence and disinformation campaigns, and not because of any domestic political content.
> The initial dashboard tracks 600 accounts that were 1) identified as participating in specific disinformation campaigns synchronized with Russia Today and Sputnik News, 2) meaningfully linked to users who self-identified as promoting pro-Russian viewpoints, and 3) bots that provide support to members of the first two categories.

> if you follow or retweet one of these 600 accounts you're a russian

I got that email and I didn't have an account during the election.

They're scared.

Twitter has fallen between the cracks of being a private company and an open public forum and now will have to be subjected to exciting new regulations that will be invented by the finest minds(retarded) in Washington DC. This is Twitter's last hopeless grasp at not having that happen by proving that they can police themselves which they clearly both can't do comprehensibly and can't do correctly.

any more of these?

The “russian bots” conspiracy theory is an ndaa funded operation mockingbird lie.

facebook did this too a few months ago

technically twitter is invoking its freedom of speech by censuring those who use their platform to say things they disagree with

however twitter should now be known as a liberal website akin to snopes, cnn, msnbc, huffpost, etc.. and will lose all credibility when it comes to assumptions of bias

I understand where you're coming from. Liberties like this are important. But when it comes to communication platforms at this scale (i.e. practically a monopoly) there's got to be protection for dissenting opinions. They've effectively quashed everything but their sanctioned views.
>Decentralized net now.

That our elected representatives use twitter as a means to communicate with the public strengthens your argument.

>Russian shills actually believe this
Nice try Ivan. The memo will show the truth and then your little puppet Trump won't be in office
#ReleasetheMemo
#ReleaseDemocracy

My heart sunk into my stomach when I saw the blog post was real and this thread wasn't an elaborate larp. Then realizing that the normies around me won't understand the gravity of a move like this for quite some time made it sink lower.
>inb4 I shit out my heart

Have they released the names of these 600 bots?

Also checked.

fucking bump
this is big