Which one was a superior swordsman

which one was a superior swordsman

Fuu.

She can really handle a sword.

Jin.

Did you even watch the show?

ayyyyyyyyy

She knows how to handle my sword senpaitachi

She can handle my sword if you know what I mean ;)

Jin is way better.

You forgot ^

both were beaten by a qt blind shamisen player

anime blind people don't count

This, and characters who have their eyes closed all the time are "crazy" tier too when they upen their eyes.

who win the Fuubowl?

anyone else disappointed mugen didn't get what he wanted despite that being the lesson?

This. Who knows how many times shes handled their swords

which one was a superior swordsman

fingerlord

>tfw S2 never cause the studio is kill

>Watanabe
>studios

The franchise doesn't belong to Watanabe though. It's probably too complex legally and nobody would touch it.

>which one was a superior swordsman
Jin was better but Mugen was in the good graces of the Shinigami. He evaded death twice.

Mugen was top.

Wasn't the whole point that they were evenly matched? I guess Jin probably had more technical skills, but Mugen had better intuition and his unpredictability during fights made him just as dangerous.

A little off topic but it just occurred to me that Samurai Champloo is in the same category as NGE or even Zack Snyder's superman: It takes well known stereotypes and deconstructs them, resulting in a more grim outlook.

I mean in many shounen series you have the rad, loud mouthed, messy hair, disdain for convention protagonist (eg. Goku, Ichigo) in this case Mugen and the well behaved, formally raised friend / antagonist (eg. Vegeta, Ishida) in this case Jin. Only in SC both are broke scum without a complicated tear soaked background. They are just not very good people.

They're equals

Gennosuke, Seigen is a faget.

This. Jin had far more discipline but mugen's luck was off the fucking charts that it's hard to see him actually losing

If the question who is the better swordsman then it's Jin

Jin vs Himura Kenshin
Who wins?

how much time does Jin have for preparation

anyone wonder how that scythe guy at the end got the moves he did? he was slicing through buildings & stone like they were butter. did he have magic chi too?

100 days for both

Jin is in love with a whore and mugen is going to get married to some shogunate lapdog kunoichi, so no one.

Jin, easily

Kenshin relies on the surprise factor, also nigger has no reach

They were both fucking great, Jin was most likely better. Mugen's swordsmanship was just more interesting to look at.

Was she cucked?
Didn't she like Mugen?

but Jin was better
Hand of God explained why

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

He didn't do shit during that episode.

>cucked
??

>liked Mugen
did she?
also how cucked could she be if she wasn't with him in the first place

>deconstructs

The mangaka that did Shigurui also did Kakugo No Susume, one of the most WTF manga ever created, it is like a dark parody of Kamen Rider/Japanese nationalism/post-apocalypse future.

She seemed more interested in Jin.

I think it's implied that Jin would have lost their first encounter, but he could have beaten Mugen pretty handily by the end of the show. Jin loses the Firefly Samurai, who uses his surrounding and has a style like Mugen's, at the beginning. Kariya, whose style is like Jin's, adapts to and beats Mugen at the end.

I thought it was clear she liked Mugen as she tended to fuss over him more/get more upset when he disappeared. I think Jin just kind of rolled with it.

Mugen because all he needed was some formal training to fix some form mistakes and he would defeat Jin easy peazy

S2 would be redundant for a show like this.

Mugen depends entirely or his spastic flow. Formalism would fuck him up.

Who was a better swordsman?

Probably Gennosuke, but Irako could use his other "sword" and he had the best girl Iku so he wins.

Jin fought traditionally. He didn't know how to adapt.

I miss Nujabes so fucking much. ;_;7

She liked both of them equally as friends.

lol

Id say if someone had to, it would be Mugen.

But both boys got girls waiting for them (tho i guess Mugen doesnt know this)

It didnt really need a second season.
It would be cool for more shenanigans with them, but completely unnecessary

Is this worth watching?

The point was that their styles served as a foil for each other.

But the God Swordsman in the finale was flat out better than either of them.

Yes.

Coincidentally I just watched the trailer and that frame is what sold me. Thanks.

Jin is better in duels.
Mugen is better in large throwdowns.

You can replace him with Tsutchie.

Mugen considered him as the stronger fighter.

Is Mugen Spike Spiegel's great great great great great grandfather?

Mugens style made heavy use of surprise and I think Jin would have lost in the beginning but won at the end, since he had seen him fight so much, and his technical skills would have made the difference

Jin: Skilled in the forms he was taught and deadly in traditional fights. Cant adapt to chaotic situations.

Mugen: Extremely good reflexes, zero traditional skill. Excels in chaotic situations, but not very good in a traditonal fight.

They were supposed to be opposites. Jin = extreme technique. Mugen = extreme intuition. They cant be compared to the other. Hence why they decided to end their duel in one strike a la anime trope.

it's not impossible

I wanted to see her and Mugen get together at the end

What the fuck are you on about? Both Mugen AND Jin were good people. Even if you disqualify Mugen because of some morally ambiguous actions, Jin still hasnt done anything wrong.

Which one was superior at baseball?

Neither, and I'm kind of glad

Yeah but the anime only adapts half (less than half even) of the manga and shit gets fucking crazy in the second half of the manga. It's definitely worth a read and the artwork is incredible.

Still not the best samurai manga ever, that will always be LW&C, but it's really good.

>But the God Swordsman in the finale was flat out better than either of them.
He fought them both and flat out that stated that
in terms of strength Jin is closest to him.

Jin's the better swordsman. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's a more effective combatant than Mugen.

Is this the homo thread?

Seigen all day long.

He learnt all the Kogan style in a short amount of time while Gennosuke was living there since years.

Plus, once he went blind he learnt once again how to fight by himself, while Gennosuke developed most of his techniques with the help of other people.

Genius vs effort, Seigen is the best one.

>> Zack Snyder browses Sup Forums

>watch show expecting samurai duels
>get educated on japanese brothel houses instead

the studio is kill, who will go after you if you decide to do a second season?

yes

Jin is superior, while Mugen compensates by being very unpredictable with his moves

>a board where ppl discuss anime? great, I was looking for somebody to talk with about some shows
>oh look, a thread about samurai champloo, I do wonder if they died or what at the end
>...

Nah. Mugen was better off with Kunoichi girl.

Lurk more,

Jin