Name a popular show or manga you dropped and explain why you dropped it. Preferably...

Name a popular show or manga you dropped and explain why you dropped it. Preferably, something that is popular around here.

I dropped One Piece a dozen chapters or so after the timeskip. Just wasn't feeling it. The Franky re-design bothered me and I didn't like Haki taking the forefront.

It's probably not permanent, though. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it eventually.

Steins gate because it's taking too long to get to the point and the characters are too annoying.

Dropped Fairy Tail when fake deaths started popping up all the damn time.

Kiecho, because hip attacks are my fetish and I knew this would over-saturate it and ruin it for me.

Kill la kill episode 5 or 6

It had bad animation + art style and felt like some ecchi fighting show. Don't get why Sup Forums praises it so much

Naruto after that villain with the weird eyes revived the whole village he had slayed when he died. Dumbest shit of all time. Felt really cheap. I was annoyed with that series for a really long time, though, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Acchi Kocchi

Boring as my life

Dropped Naruto many years ago just to start reading it again a couple years ago and then dropped it once again at the end of Pain arc

F/a/ggot

Same fag

>9 R
>10 P

I dont watch shit that's longer than 100-200 episodes. Naturally that means I refuse to watch Bleach Naruto and One piece

If it's fucking 600 episodes long I'm willing to bet half of that shit is filler

overlord because it so light novelish that i couldn't continue

Naruto: Get tired after pain death
Bleach: It should have ended after aizen defeat

Black Lagoon. Haven't watched the 2nd season. Just didn't like it, the action scenes didn't grow on me.

HxH
Pic related

Tokyo ghoul:re

Too many characters making their character devlopment bad(it's not helping that the author randomly kills them), bad pacing, confusing art making it troubling during fights. Too many shenanigans, it's ridiculous at this point, not that I dislike shenanigans but some of them are ridiculous such as King kaneki.

Boku no hero academia (anime)
Boring

What are you talking about?

10 posters are 9 different people replying and the OP.

keion 30 seconds in because it looked retarded

Are you me?

One Punch Man (both ONE and Murata)

Releases at a snails pace and the plot wasn't interesting anymore, jokes are old and tired.

SnK, OP.
Not as popular, but the anime I dropped the hardest was Ajin after like Ep 10 of the first season. Every character just turned into a complete autist that episode.

Bakemonogatari. Maybe I will give it a chance one day, but I dropped it after the pantyshot not even ten seconds in (though I guess you could say I haven't really picked it up, then).
>This show is good, the dialogue is great
>watch it for the banter
Maybe I am giving it another chance one day,

I felt pretty much the same especially franky. Seriously, the fuck is that design?
but I was pleasantly surprised.

Haki doesn't really play any major role so far other than to gauge someone's skill in general. If devil fruits are a main dish then haki is something like a spice. They add another attribute to fights but they haven't really been a main element. The only real exception is characters like virgo whose only power is "really fuckin good at haki"

And franky's redesign hasnt really been seen that much. For better or for worse, franky hasn't been very involved with many of the timeskip arcs. but when he was involved it was legendary.

All of these

Lucky Star

Thought it was boring and unfunny and that all the masturbation over Aya Hirano while she was voicing the character who was obsessed with her was obnoxious

This nigga gets it

Also Mob Psycho 100 >>>> One Punch Man

Pani Poni Dash
Random spastic anime humor isn't as funny as it was when I was 13. Also the fansubs explaining every single joke got really annoying really quickly.

kys

Lucky Star. Twice.
>It's just like Azumanga, they said.
The first time I didn't make it past the chocolate pastry scene in the first goddamn episode. The second time I got as far as that time they want to the beach, took a bath together and started discussing their periods. Made me feel like a disgusting voyeuristic perv.

cowboy bebop.

music was trash

Holy shit
Exactly the same as me

BnHa. It lost its focus awhile ago and then the Deku Vs Bakugou fight killed it for me. It was a bit too much forced drama.

Little Witch Academia. I just couldn't get into it.

0/10 not believable at all

Me too, first episode was enough.

steins;gate. the combination of dishwater or piss-tinted colour palettes for every single shot, inscrutable yet agonisingly slow editing, and bizarre, stilted characters completely alienated me.

THIS

Berserk during the boat stuff
I just couldn't be arsed to keep up with the one chapter coming out every two years

Liar Game: Took a peek at the final chapter and it was shit.
Berserk: Dropped hard in quality. Still skim through new annual chapters.
One Piece: Was a big fan as a kid but it turned to shit after Enies Lobby.
Shingeki no Kyojin: Boring.
One Punch Man: Boring.

Dropped Shingeki manga around the time they were making Eren build a house in titan form or something,then they were captured by the royals or something and humans fighting humans,that bored the fuck out of me. Considering the spoilers don't believe I'll be starting it again any time soon.

Does it count if I want to drop it but it's bullshittery keeps pulling me back in because this is "Rubber Nen" tier

I did the exact same back at the time, lots of people did
It's no masterpiece by any means but I sure don't regret watching

I hopped off a little after they revealed that whatshisname was that giant Titan. Are the spoilers that bad?

I loved the fuck out of the OVAs but I'm still waiting for the same feeling from the show.

It feels like a bunch of disconnected "story of the week" things with the only common denominator being akko who they somehow made even more retarded (I assumed she would know who chariot was after ep 10 at the very latest. Now it's just fucking stupid)

I'm hoping it's the type of show that is a slow burn to a grand finale that makes it all come together and be worth it.

If you dropped it when Bert was revealed as the colossal titan than you certainly wouldn't want to come back.

Ergo Proxy.
The only good part of the whole show was the aesthetic, everything else I fucking hated.

It has definitely picked up after the POLITICS arc but its still lacking the appeal it originally had.

I nearly dropped it during the politics arc too. It's like they completely forgot the title of the manga, ignored anything having to do with titans and focused entirely on bloodlines and shitty small time human conflicts.
After that bullshit it got back to titan fights but now they're pretty much all controlled by humans in one way or another so it's nothing like the world from chapter 1.

It's pretty eerie but this applies to me too
Didn't know disinterest arising from the time-skip was a common thing
Thought it was just me
It felt like it was losing part of its identity and turning into the average shonen manga

I'm positive every person that dropped this didn't lurk Sup Forums when it was airing.

I drop every anime when it becomes a harem.

Pick any and I'll explain. Not bait by the way, I legit didn't like these.

Evangelion, please

I made it about 14 eps in. I disliked all main characters except that milf that kept drinking beer. The fights were over in like 5 mins which was really weird after a 20 min buildup about how this is the strongest, most badass enemy ever of all time...I struggled after 5 eps but kept going till 14 just because it's so universally liked but I really didn't like it.

One Piece for the same reason as everyone else

literally a brainlet.

how about actually saying something relevant to my complaints? Maybe show how much more educated you are then me....

>Maybe show how much more educated you are then me....
He doesn't use ellipses, for one.

Eromanga-sensei

It's just...not good. It's shit in every aspect, and every episode is just fanservice scene after fanservice scene.

samefag

that still has nothing to do with NGE being boring, unlikable, anti-hype and downright annoying.

Horizon.
It's boring as fuck.

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Really bland shit, like super generic, but not in an offensive way like Black Clover

Black Lagoon
Read 5 Volumes and while it wasnt bad, I kinda lost interest. It needed some goal that connects all the arcs instead of going from one job to another.

Grand Blue
The jokes would probably be funny if I was like 14. Sadly, I'm not that young anymore.

Black Lagoon. Revy wasn't compelling, the whole plot felt really contrived, like a jap spinoff of NCIS. Totally lost interest when battle-maid was introduced. Balalaika was great though.

>then
than*

Same here. I didn't hate the first part, but something about the timeskip didn't click well with me.

>Totally lost interest when battle-maid was introduced.

That is defensible. She was way too overpowered. The series was already caps lock insane but she pushed it. I didn't like Blood Trail for that reason.

so you are just not gonna say anything worthwhile, got it. Same as NGE then, lot of fluff zero substance.

I dropped 20th Century Boy because it took forever to get interesting for me, and when it did, it went to another country after a few chapters and became a drag again. Fuck it.

Yowamushi Pedal. Got about 10 episodes in before I dropped it. The show wasn't terrible, but it just really wasn't holding my interest.

is this the average intelligence of NGE fanboys? Hurr durr le epic reaction image? Really convincing me there to give NGE another shot.

I dropped Excel Saga after the first episode because I didn't think it was that funny. Excel isn't so much "genki" as she is just constantly yelling.

>FLCL 3/6
Too deep for me, had no appeal. Was told it's one of the best Trigger's works, felt zero admiration. I guess just not for me.

>Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 4/12
Not a fan of slice-of-life with no development. A joke stretched too thin.

>Sakamoto desu ga? 4/12
Same as the above. It had its moments and I like Sakamoto memes but that's about it.

I should have dropped Eromanga after the first episode cause it's plain bad I've read ahead after it and Elf somewhat salvaged the situation but the whole show is just plainly retarded.. Just like that dude said — one toothbrush scene from Nisemonogatari has more context, plot, development and background than all of the Eromanga.

Now I mostly watch it to feel the emptiness inside, filling it with Japanese garbage.

Should have dropped Bastard Instructor on the same grounds as Eromanga - in addition to being bad it features weak writing, almost no development of the characters and whatever, I'm fucking done.

I made it all the way through black lagoon, and generally enjoyed it, but damn if it didn't start disappointing from the very first episode. Thought it was going to be this (relatively) realistic, gritty action series - first episode has them flying a torpedo boat through the air into a helicopter. What?

By the end, the only real interest I had in continuing was to find out if Revy was going to shoot Rock to death or fuck him first and then shoot him to death. Still waiting on that one.

I'm not an NGE fanboy, i thought it was ok. But I'll convince you to finish it anyway.
1) You have to finish it + EoE in order to browse Sup Forums. It's just that influential. Same can be said for lots of other anime like 0079, getter, and the likes. It's just that people don't bother watching them.
2) It does get better later
3) Dropping shows is for faggot quitters.

>tee hee no one can fulfill their idealized love xd which makes their feelings pure or some shit cause i dropped this shit as soon as yet another character's love was unrequited

I don't have to finish something I don't like just because it's considered a standard. Never watched GitS or Akira either, older shows generally don't appeal to me or stay in my backlog forever while I watch seasonal shows. And mecha series are fucking gay so I will never watch something like Getter or Gundam. I just think something as stupid as big robots fighting each other is something only kids should like. I know NGE goes full existential philosophy or something later on and maybe I'll just watch the final episodes at some point to get it over with.

faggot.

>>FLCL 3/6
>Too deep for me, had no appeal. Was told it's one of the best Trigger's works, felt zero admiration. I guess just not for me.
>Trigger's works

Then you're not allowed to have discussions about anime as a medium. You can also fuck off back to all the other low power level anime forums

You have absolute pleb-tier tastes.

I'm a /m/an enjoyed the first episode of K-On but dropped it because I don't want to become like you fags
Gundam Unicorn is moeshit enough for me as it is

yes how dare I not like big explosions and Godzilla sized robots falling into buildings and instead rather watch a romance or drama series. How can I be so shallow to not respond to explosions but only to actual human emotions.

Detective Conan/case closed

Dropped it around vol 80 or so. I might gonna pick it up again later but I've emotionally and financially invested in them too much (between the official tankoubon, VCD/DVD/Bluray, poster, figura, posters, other mercs and even a trip to conan town), I decided to take a break until at the very last arc before picking it up again

>I just think something as stupid as big robots fighting each other is something only kids should like.

>How can I be so shallow to not respond to explosions but only to actual human emotions.
Go take your estrogen sissyboi this is a mans thread.

make me. I consider mecha the same kind of shit as WWE, DBZ, all that garbage superhero shit etc. Stuff for toddlers who can't enjoy a dialogue but have to be distracted by punches, kicks, flashing lights and explosions.

Woopsie, my bad, was not reading what I've been writing. Gainax, of course. Tried to watch it after I finished TTGL and loved it.

>little witch academia
I dunno, the show just didn't have the same magic as the OVA. I dont know what exactly its missing, just thats its missing somethin.

List your favorite anime then you shitter

I wanted to drop it too, but SUDDENLY plot started and it all got better. I blame the weak pitch and lots of filler.

Same here but I forced myself to read all of Dresdossa.
But that arc honestly left me without watching to touch OP for a while at least. I read that Zou is much better but I will wait a while until getting to it again.

Jojo. I dropped it today at Notorious BIG because there are no more color scans.

>Tokyo Ghoul
Too gory, too boring.

>LWA
I haven't actually dropped it yet, just put it on hold, but it has become less interesting and more boring with each episode.

it moves really slow, OP songs were amazing though