This is one of the most spot on and depressing depictions of a broken man I've ever seen

This is one of the most spot on and depressing depictions of a broken man I've ever seen.
>Entirely work driven, has no hobbies, has no plans on his days off except for buying food.
>No emotions, expressions range from a frown to a cold dead smile.
>Has 1 friend, who barely counts since he's a work friend.
>No interest in women, even ones who are blatantly interested in him.
>Never initiates conversation unless its to scold umaru, fly on the wall with no presence.
>No ambitions, no dreams, just a mundane existence repeating the same tasks everyday.
What is even the point of him existing. What keeps him going? What is his endgame?

Godhand.

His endgame is to fuck Umaru.

That would be the logical endgame, but why hasn't he done it yet? He seems asexual.

>Guts, Gene, and Berserker with a question mark on their forehead

hey, that's me!

He has 3 friends.

Two of which are from highschool and one even wants his dick.

the average Japanese male

I didn't even watch this show, but isn't he a "parent"? That is, he's responsible for taking care of his imouto?

What you're describing is what life is like when you're the sole guardian of a child. He's a single parent who doesn't have time or energy to live life.

He is the relatable character of the series

Impyling anyone of Sup Forums isn't just a basement dweller who never did a honest work in his life.
Nah, Umaru is more relateable.

>letting your lazy shitbag of a sister and her lazy shitbag friends manipulate you to this extent

Is there a bigger cuck MC in all of fiction?

I was not implying, I was asserting it

If Umaru is relatable, I must not even exist.
Nobody can or should be able to relate to the hobbit.

but Bilbo Beggins was very relatable too

Baggins. What are you, a Sackville?

This is what Umaru's author looks like in real life.

So oniichan is his self-insert?

>Heir of super rich family
>has a 10/10 sister
>super intellegent

That said, appeal of Umaru manga is that it actually DOES have a plot, and serious and somewhat sinister one at that.

tags: evil corporation, mother death, fake sister, honey plant spy, revenge

Oniisan`s nickname is "Demon". He is heir of an evil zaibatsu corporation, however his mother was expelled from family and later died. He thus chose to leave the family as well. He was a brilliant ruthless student and "Corporate Prince" before, called "Demon".

He now lives a long and works, ironically, in the said corporation as low level clerk. His Boss, the female that is in love with him - was after him as heir of corporation since school days and now LITTERALLY is tasked with approaching him by his father, so spies and reports to him about Oniisan and Umaru.

Umaru is a daugther from other wife of corporate Boss, as well there is another loli daugther.

Umaru chose to come live with Onii-san because of injustice of what happened to his mother and him and thus chose to check on him - so its actually reversed situation: its not Oniisan living to support spoiled Umaru, its Umaru chosing to live with Oniisan so that he`d not feel abandoned and lonely.

Head of corporation still plans to make him return as heir, but Oniisan seems have plans of revenge - this is why he accepted a handout of getting a job in said corporation.

Bomber is his only true friend, but being a total hack the reason he`s not fired is once again - to have person close to Oniisan responding to boss, to monitor him.

Are you two trolling? I find it exceedingly hard to believe the manga elaborates to this degree while the anime is basically a "Narcissism Insertion Simulator".

yo what the fuck?? I only watched the anime and didn't get this vibe at all. Maybe i'm just as dense as Bomber ;_;

There is no end game. It is a meaningless existence being a wage slave.

The manga should just end with netorare Umaru fucking her boyfriend in his room, tbqh.

Actually, if you would read manga, you could see these sinister undernotes there and there. It's very light and subtle, though. When user described events like this, then everything started to make sense. Maybe not everything is accurate I guess... But it makes sense. I think author is doing it on purpose, building card house only to destroy it later. And then incest. We shall see.

I imagine Onii-chan wants to gain the respect of his father.
considering Umarus disposition she was probably the favorite and given that she is a girl she was probably always spoiled.
The father probably acted much more stern to Onii-chan because he is a male, older, and destined to be the heir of his company or whatever

I'm pretty sure that Umaru turned into a literal womanchild because she was deprived of her childhood.

UMR HEY UMR HEY

>Actually, if you would read manga
No need to be condescending, specially when what those two posts wrote is practically nothing but assumptions.

Does he have an imouto?

ITT: anime only fags

Who in Umaru doesnt have dark story?

Umaru - dead mother, disinherited and expelled from the Domo clan
Taihei - rebelled against his father and left clan himself
Kanau - slave of Domo corporation, lives alone with her sister without parents too
Hikari - no parents, lives with onessan that cant cook - has to run away from home to get fed by Taihei
Alex - Sad neet with no friends that went full weaboo and had to move to japan and now has to slave for Domo corporation and spy on his only friends
Desu-wa - imouto of sad need with no friends, had no friends before Umaru, one sided incestous crush
Kirier - worst situation of them all, poorfag and sister of Bomber, no parent, socially incept, did i say poorfag?
Bomber - Bomber

Not to forget Ebina`s plot of searching her brother and spin off manga.

i remember there's one moment where umaru isn't home and he can't remember what he used to do with his free time before she lived with him.
he pretty much became a single dad.

Anime did had an episode about Taihei`s memories of mother and him mistaking Umaru for his mother in his mind.

Finally I see him
>Umaru is a daugther from other wife of corporate Boss
some part of your fanfiction fit, except for the fact that Umaru resemble Taihei's mother from the flashback, in the teacher-parents meeting chapter their parents were absent, I think that the dead mother isn't that far from reality
>translated only fag
Kirie's mom will be in the manga too

He's gonna fuck ebina soon desu senpai

Its called "average joe" user

So Umaru mango is your typical Spanish soap opera?

no one is fucking/betraying no one, so no

Feels like the anime is trying too hard to shoehorn in the 4 girls SoL shit.

STANDING

>anime
It's been on the manga for a few years now. The cute imouto group shilling is real.

Nothing to be suprised here.
Himouto was always thought provocing

At least he doesn't seem too depressed about it.

This is turning into Yandere Kanojo all over again.

i feel as if i've been given a quick rundown