Why don't stupid americans learn other languages?

Why don't stupid americans learn other languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZ9lIeb_t6A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is everyone else learning English?

English and latin are all you need

Because smart phones make it obsolete. It's not so important that it's a pocket translator but that now everyone has them. We can talk to each other through our smart phones. If only one person has a phone then they just have to know yes and no I'm that language. Then they can also communicate with pointing. If both people have phones then you can have unlimited communication. Mail order brides anyone?

Because English is extremely efficient for information transfer as far as languages go, beating all but two competitors. We're not switching to Thai or Cantonese any time soon. Simply put, a russian or spanish cookbook takes longer to read than the same cookbook in english.

>latin
lol maybe in a brown country

English has been the lingua franca for the past two centuries. Americans, being on a continent where everyone speaks English, do not need to learn other languages for any practical reason, and only do so for educational purposes.

>Why is everyone else learning English?
Because it's the easiest language to learn, no one really uses it anywhere though. You'd need to learn local language like German or Swedish in Yurop to find a job there. Same with Asian countries, they don't speak English at all.

Why learn another language if I'll never need to use it?

China is the largest English-speaking country on the planet, faggot.

why do stupid russians speak russian and not english?

Why would I learn another language when my language is the international language and will only become more used as my empire conquers the planet?

>China is the largest English-speaking country on the planet, faggot.
China doesn't speak English at all.
Japan doesn't speak English at all.
Korea doesn't speak English at all.

You know what's actually hilarious? Mixed murrican / jap marriages with parents teaching their kids Japanese exclusively.

>Why would I learn another language when my language is the international language and will only become more used as my empire conquers the planet?

Because you are stupid and lazy uneducated piece of human trash.

Die kapitalista machina smozona krobib robochi
I don't know the Moon runes for that
And actually all commies should be shot

I speak Spanish and German so your statement doesn't affect me faggot

because you already learned our language

>China doesn't speak English at all.
This is incorrect. English is officially taught alongside Mandarin in Chinese schools. Go to any city in China and chances are that you will be able to ask a young person (21 and below) basic directions.

Because we don't have any reason to.

i tried to learn french, japanese and dutch. All of them were boring and useless.

I wish all people speak in one language.
English is good but not perfect. We should develop a brand new lang to make it global.

Because we already know the best one.

>he thinks that if kids learn Engrish in schools they can actually speak it

my fucking sides
I've seen a lot of Chinks in esports and none of them could speak English.
Hell they ALWAYS have a translator youtube.com/watch?v=bZ9lIeb_t6A

And those people, unlike the majority of chinks, travel a lot and can communicate with foreigners who would use English.
But no, they still don't give a fuck about it and don't speak it.

>brainlets

Mutt education.

Because in America you only learn other languages for novelty. I don't work in international trade and I'm not going to, so there's no reason for me to put in th time + money.
Another answer is that our public schools are terrible and language classes are, like I said, treated as a sort of novelty.

Language is extremely relative.

You will have a Romanian who lives 7 hours away from Serbia and not know Serbian, but then they'll give Americans shit for living 22 hours away from Meixco and only knowing SOME Spanish.

The whole "america knows no language" is a dead meme to make Europoors feel cool.

This is what denial looks like.
>But no, they still don't give a fuck about it and don't speak it.
This is factually incorrect, as I've already covered.

Chinks have a good reason to learn English (besides it being the world's current lingua franca). I've had plenty of Chinese teachers who only came with their pre-taught English. The skills don't transfer over well (public speaking in Chinese lends itself to high focus on each syllable for obvious reasons which causes them to sound funny when they speak English) and they often ask for the correct word / use confusing ones, but their vocabulary is spot-on and they get better with time. If you want some deep cuts you're better off using a translator (same with any language unless you've mastered it) but for functional purposes most people can get simple, critical information across.

Don't base your worldviews on manchildren playing video games, it gives you a skewed perception of reality.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

It's completely unfeasible and would shatter into different languages within a few generations.

Esperanto is a joke. Artificial languages have no place in the natural world.

We have no need to. I studied Spanish, French (in France), and Italian btw. Not all of us have no foreign language skills.

The education system is intentionally dumbed down by GOP and the Democrats.

We already know the best language.
why do most smart foreigners all learn English? Because they want to interact with the first world.

Latin is retarded
Learn Mandarin. It’s older and more useful than Retarded Roman languages

> what is Singapore

>China doesn't speak English at all.
Incredibly incorrect. More Chinese speak English than Americans do.

Nothing wrong with parents teaching a kid a foreign language before school age at which point they will learn English.

>Japan’s murder rate is 15 times lower than the UK.
England is a shithole. If people wanted to learn from the developed would they would be learning Japanese.

1. i don't need to
2. the english vocabulary is so huge that there are millions of words you can learn. if you become really fluent in english it's like knowing two or three languages anyway

A sizable chunk of Americans don't even know how to properly speak English, OP. Ever heard of Ebonics?
You expect to much of us.

because we're powerful enough to make *you* speak *our* language, and not the other way around.

/thread

I took German in school and I'm studying Polish and Korean right now. I've also started Ukrainian since I'll probably end up with a mail order from there.

>Latin is retarded
(not true, btw)
Learning Latin helps a shitload with encountering English words you don't yet know. It also saves time when you're in a hard science field because everyone has a latinboner and names things accordingly. It's not even that difficult.

he whom controls the gold makes the rules

한국어 잘해?

OP是同性恋。我会说中文。
好想你没办法。

>Faggot flag
>Calling England firstworld
Aynone with over 20% African population is immediately a third world country.
Japanese is not a sane language. They have two alphabets and over 2,000 symbolic Chinese characters to read on an adult level.

English has one 26 letter alphabet. If your alphabet cannot fit into 1 byte per characters, it's not worth learning to speak.

I have studied Latin. It’s not worth it.

You are allowed to hold your own (read: wrong) opinion.

It's no more useful than any other major non-English language. You're better off choosing a language spoken by people you personally enjoy working with, in a place that has a high quality of life, than falling for the "China = business" meme. Of course, as a poor country China has its own unique charms unrelated to money, but don't learn Chinese just for the meme.

>Yet they maintain a fucking great society.
>Yet English, French grammar is more complex than Japanese. So much so that for machine learning, they are some of the most difficult languages for a computer to master.
Japan = Superior
Deal with it

Yet while everyone else forgets their Spanish or French after high school, I still use my Mandarin.
Obvious better language is obvious

A second language would be fundamentally useless to me. I don't have a use for it and I just don't care.

English is already so dominant that the more sensible choice is for the rest of you to stop wasting your time with your own languages and just stick with ours universally. Stop impeding progress for inferior linguistics. I have no need to speak to non-English speaking foreigners, and frankly I don't even want to. Eventually I will be doing a lot of sailing and visiting other places, but I just want to see new lands and explore them, even if there were no language barrier it's not like I'd be trying to talk to anyone or make friends or some shit. If the language barrier makes me less approachable when I'm travelling I would actually consider that a positive.

The US should convert to Metric, and the rest of the world to English. Fair trade.

We learn languages in school, usually Spanish but also sometimes German French Italian Swedish Chinese Japanese what have you.

Not an argument.

Yo hablo espanol... Uh... Amigo

Autistic screeching is not an argument

t. Chang

>switching to metric
I prefer using both. An intelligent mind can do the math if need be.

少し日本語を話せる。 OPはホモ。

You assumed “America” and “uneducated” are not mutually exclusive.
>More than 40% of us think the Earth is 6,000 years old.
>Would you expect those^ people to be fluent in other languages? Obviously not

They tried teaching us Spanish around 6th or 7th grade when I was in California. Fucking hated it. Didn't like the sound of the language even a bit, don't like their culture, and I sure as hell didn't want to talk to the Mexican kids because they were all little assholes, and more than a few were in gangs. Waste of time and resources.

Yeah, but you damn well know that unless a kid’s parents have been already teaching them x language since they were young, they are immigrants that came when they were a little older, or they have exposure to family that speaks x language, they/is burgers will suck at it, just like any other kid in any other country learning another language at school with nothing but a schedule that makes them do it once a day, with no aides besides a teacher who is mostly by him/herself when teaching the language.

That's fine. I increasingly find myself using metric since I work in the medical field and also like to bake.

Because I live a thousand miles away from any region that speaks a language other than English. Why is it so hard to understand that the US is huge and most States are larger than entire European countries. Any Spanish I do learn, I'll never have to use because everyone knows English or is expected to speak it.

>being this assblasted

Use ga over wo. You would only use wo when you don’t want to emphasize the subject, but in this case, you do.

This. Fuck Mexicans, and fuck Spanish. If it weren’t for the raping of the natives, and some fuck all war that insured that the Spanish language and culture lasted long enough, Spanish wouldn’t even exist.

Most people don't forget their French or Spanish. They never learn it in the first place. 你自己會中文是很好的一件事,我只是說中文沒什麼特別的,只是要看你想跟誰工作,住在哪裡。It'll make you just as much money as Japanese or Korean would, but for most people China is probably a worse place to live and work.

Also, when you conjugate a verb like that, it’s generally accepted that ga is better because you’re identify what it is you “can” do, to look at it in a more technical manner.

I learned Latin and Greek in high school +college. Why bother learning modern languages even everyone speaks English?

i forgot able to forms use ga over wo. thanks.

Because it's OUR fucking country and we don't fucking want to.

>english
>easiest language to learn

>去年我几月住在北京了。中国好安全也好现代。你说不对。
China is a fucking nice place to live. I would know because I have lived there. Quit listening to Falun Gong propaganda like China Uncensored.

>communist country
>nice place to live

>“Communist” country.
More capitalist than the USA.
Ironically political correctness doesn’t exist in China.
Confucianism is obviously superior because it works in other nations like Taiwan or Japan.

It really is. The language is so simplistic you can understand everything and speak without any huge issues after a couple of months on Sup Forums.

Says the mutt with commies in every single university.

You're overestimating the difficulty of Japanese and underestimating the difficulty of English. Those characters are getting reused to make different words. The other two alphabets are mostly phonetic and very consistent. We have 6 letters in English that can express vowel sounds, but we have way more than 6 vowel sounds. That alone makes it a bitch to read. You have to look up every new word since you can hardly ever guess the pronunciation just from looking at it. Same as Japanese. But it's still learnable.

>只要你支持共產黨,中國很安全
Why would you choose to side with China if you weren't born into it? Everyone on the outside can see that Taiwan and Japan are better places to live by every metric. 甚至中國唯一的盟友是北韓 哈哈哈哈,唯一的小朋友是世界上最爛最可憐的國家。你卻還是這麼羨慕中國?你除了殘體字還學了插隊的藝術嗎?

I'm 18 and I speak English, russian, german and japanese

>not real gommunism
Chinese communists have pride in their country because it's a communist country. American communists hate their country because it's not communist. They're entirely consistent. Different tactics for different situations, same ideology.

Because English is the superior language, one of the greatest achievements of the British, a language that is universally spoken.

英語にしか分かる価値がないから
例えほかの言語を学んだらどうなるの?ゴミのおまえが俺を尊敬してくれる?そんなのいらんよ~
さげてあげる

thx i dont wanna get run over a car or fall through an escalator. 死人共狗

yes korean and japanese have few vowels

Because you all know English.

>what is india
>what is the Philippines
>what is singapore

No need.
I could learn Japanese but everything usually has subtitles or a dub somewhere.