This man is your enemy

This man is your enemy.
This man works againts america.
This man killed thousands of our soldiers.

>implying I'm a burger

I really liked this movie.

This

A real hero

>implying Sup Forums isn't axis

American lives are worthless anyway

>all of this anti patriotism
You know that the stands for Sup Forumsmerica, right? You fucking commies

9 out of 10 your country is protecting by the long dick of America.

If not, you're either a commie or a D E S I G N A T E D

His only sin is not killing all the burgers

>This man killed thousands of our soldiers.
Didn't kill enough.

Stop samefagging, buzzfeed

I loved how americans gave the movie bad scores because it "distorted history" and "made Japan seem the victim in WW2".
Do american people even watch movies before commenting them?

Japan was a fucked up country torturing hundreds of American soilders without limit. The nukes were dropped as a measure to stop any further resistance as America had reason to believe they would fight to the last child of Japan. The war may have dragged on for much longer and was also a demonstration of power to the Soviets and the rest of the world to not fuck with America

This desu

Reminder that during WW2 the japs were fucking crazy and a nuclear bomb was the only way to reign them in

*also they wanted to stop the war before Russia entered because everyone knew how Stalin is and how he fucked over Germany/Berlin. They didn't want that again

>some buildings get destroyed
>collapse the sand nations as revenge
>now all the sand people go to the other countries to be extremist
Yeah, thanks for the help

Looks like you proved his point. It happened over 70 years ago, there's no need to get defensive and copypaste defenses of the bombings every time you see a portrayal of WWII Japanese as, you know, human.
If you were confident that it was the right thing to do, you wouldn't see such portrayals as anti-America, since you wouldn't need to see the Japanese as monsters.

>torturing hundreds of American soilders without limit.

chinese too

and experimenting on them

and then America pardoned and recruited all the generals and researchers who tortured them in exchange for their research findings.

but yeah bad Japan BAD

>If you were confident that it was the right thing to do, you wouldn't see such portrayals as anti-America, since you wouldn't need to see the Japanese as monsters.
Are you trying to imply Japan didn't see America/Chinese as lessers during World War II either?

It distorted history because nothing in the movie actually happened to Jiro Horikoshi. His wife didn't have tuberculosis, he was never on the run from the government, and he never met Caproni.
I watched this expecting a historical movie about airplanes, not a melodrama.

Apart from all the American Generals, Admirals and former presidents who argued the opposite at the time.
The atom bombs had more to do with the Soviets than with Japan. And even as a scare tactic against the soviets it's debatable if that was the right thing to do, but it's all in the past and we'll never really know.

It's not WWII anymore, we shouldn't cling to the propaganda of the era just so we can sleep at night. There are solid utilitarian and geopolitical reasons that the bombings needed to happen, as you pointed out. Pretending that the Japanese were unambiguously less human than the Americans in wartime is an insult to their history, especially during peacetime when emotions aren't running so high.

God I love how triggered Americans are whenever someone dares to do some war propaganda they disagree with.

>Japan calls it anti-Japanese
>America calls it anti-American
Two group of idiots who never understood the film

We aren't but Japan was seriously fighting with everything they had as they ordered Kamikaze attack once they run out of gas

"...MacArthur told him he saw no military justification for using the atomic bomb, and that "The war might have ended weeks earlier, he said, if the United States had agreed, as it later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor.""

Well, Germans never had that problem

Memba Purl Harba!!

America were literally the bad guys and we are all paying the price of their mistakes right now

Thanks Leroy Grumman.