Who is your favorite Evangelion character?

And explain why.

Rei and Kaworu because I have albinism

>Yui
>Kinda nice
Sorry what?

Rei, I really like her room. I have the same bloodstains on my pillow.

Not realy need an explanation. Also Kaji cause he chill

Misato because I like older women and want her to Second Impact my dick

Asuka, because she's cute.

Same, but Misato is now only one year older than me. Wat do?

Asuka because she is made for suffering

Ritsuko's a year older, but after that I think there's just Naoko.

Dr Pantyhose

Rei, because she develops positively as a character and is really thoughtprovoking with her existential dilemma. I cant resist the innate maturity and responsibility she shows in the story.

Maya is cute.
Too pure for this show.

Gendo is unironically the coolest character, because he has a goal and a plan and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. That takes something extra. He also looked cool despite his clothes which would have looked stupid on anyone else.

Kaji, Maya, and Misato are the only decent characters, at least in the manga
if I had to pick one of them, I definitely go with Kaji since he's one my favorite anime archetypes

Kwarou

He's alright.

yeah boi

Sup Forums, hurrr and durrr, and the mascot are my favorites.

We should use these nicknames for the characters from now on.

Homo rapist best boy.

Misato and Kaji are amazing. Misato because she has a really complex personality and character growth arc. Kaji because he's hilarious with his melons.

Misato, but it's probably because I've started relating to her the most since I've gotten a job

I want to bully Karl

Shaun pls

Kensuke just likes weapons. There is no indication of his having seen an anime.

He's a rping faggot, of course he's Sup Forums.

My nigga Fuyutsuki.
Developed character with none of the angsty MTV teenage drama.

Karl is for bullying. And then to tame him.

Kozo's great, but his involvement in the plot was over his jealousy for a woman he couldn't talk to.

didn't they make her and ritsuko lesbians in the rebuilds or have I exposed to hearsay and am retarded?

Shinji is my favorite character. I love his development. The way he matures is truly beautiful, and he has such a strong will even though he has absolutely zero reasons to. I relate to him so much. His little bitch side that is.

I like that he has development but is still completely able to 360 his feelings back to his old ways until the very end.

It was in The End of Evangelion

Queen of /ss/

None of Maya's scenes with sempai are in Rebuild. And it was all one-sided in the tv series, anyway.

Post rapist bully Shinji

This is what i believe.

No, not that one, the smuggy bastard.

And shinjey, reyman, baesato, best dad, kaji and of course the famous and popular Maya Ibuki.

In fact, none of Ritsuko's sexual element made it into Rebuild, it has none of the implications of a relationship with Gendo. No references anywhere to her mother, either.

I don't know that one. All I have are various stupid images I saved from my escapades looking at EVA doujins and panels and pages from RETAKE.

Sadistic ghost Real!Asuka is best girl.

This is off tooic but what are the hair things that everyone who pilots an eva has to hear on their heads?
Are they some sort of neural connection thing?

retake has a few character problems but the actual asuka being there was great

Yup, boosters for a particular nerve used to communicate with the Eva. Sadamoto described and took credit for the concept in Der Mond.

What is this Der Mond

>mr guilt trip guy is a sane person

>when you realize asuka is being cucked by asuka

Source of this.

That doesn't answer my question, friend.

>Manga Kaji = NGE Kaji
Wew

Reality is at the end of your dream.

I have always related to Shinji, and I have always seen Shinji's flaws and his mistakes as a means for me to improve myself.
A lot of people Im friends with hate Shinji and call him a pussy but I always understood him well and I think he is very realistic and an accurate representantion of your average teen (altough his life is much more dramatic).

I love Kaworu and Kaiji too, as for the girls, Misato is the best with Rei being the cutest.

Artbook by Sadamoto, are you banned on google?
inb4: spoonfeeding

The thing i've quite recently realized with Shinji is that he is not weak, he never is, he always has plenty strength to resolve the situation, it's just that until the last second he doesn't try his hardest, and for that i somewhat resent him though i can totally sympathize with the character.

Kaji because he was CIA

Why would he water a plant before getting killed?

Misato and Asuka. I can relate to them the most and they are cute.

Indeed, he is quite strong to be honest.
He may "refuse" to pilot the Eva once in a while and get a bit depressive but the truth is, he ends up doing what he has to and he always pushes onwards.
In ep 4, Shinji even realizes how he was an idiot and apologizes to Toji and Kensuke even if he wasnt completely wrong.
Shinji DOES understand and take the guil that he has to carry, Shinji IS able to better himself slowly and stick to fighting the Angels even if he does it because otherwise he would have nothing and because he wants people's attention and to feel that he is needed.

All these flaws are extremely human, and Im sure some people who shit talk Shinji dont realize the situation he was in.

He just doesnt want to be alone, and I can forgive him for wanting to end it all, even if it was a bit drastic, I think it was necessary, even though he tried to strangle Asuka as soon as he broke free of the Instrumentality.

He was doing what he loved, thats the basic gist.

But was he in charge, or were there bigger guys around?

Ah, I get it, gimme a sec.
Gendo was the boss, but Kaiji wasnt allowed to bring any friends so thats why he is usually seen alone.

B A N E

?

This is the realest thing to despise him for, that he pretends at weakness, disproves it, and returns to it again after.

Yeah, think of how Asuka must feel having devoted her entire life to piloting and then this annoying little cunt is better than her in literally everything without any training while still crying all the time and shit.

You're fucking terrible at this, user.

Rei by far OP. Beautiful, intelligent, strong, a literal goddess of self-improvement and understanding - all without being an exaggerated Mary Sue. That's an outstanding achievement and makes Rei a 10/10 character.

Not to mention she has similar self worth issues, albeit a bit more extreme than his.

Rei and Shinji will always be the top Eva characters.

Rei is my favorite too

I want to like rei more as a character, but I feel she wasn't given enough show time.

That's dumb bait, it makes more sense reversed.

>oedipal implications
I'm not Shinji so she isn't my mom

She's in the top of the screentime roster along with the others, but quantity > quality always.

I suppose. I watched the entire thing recently for the first time, and desu I didn't really see much of her other than in major plot points. Might need to go back and rewatch.

Qworu is funier to bully.
Karl is for flustering and confusing.

Kaworu, I think it's interesting that they don't make him the run of the mill alien boy who wants to be more human (like his manga version), humans fascinate him but there's some aspects of them he'll never understand.
And second Ritsuko, cool scientist lady.

Rei is just completely amazing in the original, she's an excellent anchor for multiple characters in the story. One interesting bit is to see how Rei handles contradictions in the beginning versus the end, a lot of Rei's growth comes from honest attempts at understanding others and herself, even if it hurts her. Rei is extremely important to the story because she practices many of it's principal messages since the beginning. That's why Rei is the one who "guides" people through their own therapy session.

Karl didn't give two shits about being human, either. He experienced someone else's feelings and just wanted more of that.

Don't know about all that senpai. Maybe I just didn't see that all the first time? Don't know. I had no problem seeing everyone else's arcs. I guess I just don't feel the same way about her at the moment. I certainly don't dislike her, but she wasn't extremely noticeable on the first run through like other characters. Something about the versions of her dying and losing their memories kinda takes away some of the impact.

Karl is a retarded sociopath. Kaworu fans don't understand Evangelion very well.

Wanting to experience human emotions is wanting to be more human.

Karl wanted to understand humans and he was just a like little kid that was curious how humans work. And about the feelings, what does that matter how he got them? If he feels it, it's his feelings.

Fuck off and kill yourself, Karl is best boy and deserves the love that bitch Shaun couldn't give him.

My favorite character is Touji, for no other reason than the fact that he was a real bro the whole time. He might have been kind of a dick at the start but he became a real friend to Shinji.

>Karl
>Shaun

Fuck off

Why are you so angry?

how rude.
But really though, are Karl and Shaun pet names for Kowaru and Shinji?

Manga Kaworu and Shinji
I'm not

Kaworu is all about acceptance. He accepted Shinji the way he is, he accepted his difference from humans and his fate. He accepted molesting of old SEELE men.
He accepted Shinji's anger.
The only time he showed resolve was when he chose the way of his death.

Had a good chuckle from that. Thanks senpai.

They're perfect for Kaoru, then. Guessing wrong about the plot is the most consistent characteristic he has across iterations.

>ctrl+f Hikari
>no results

why? She's a sweet smart girl

Did she ever get toji's dick?

I want to believe she and Toji lived happily ever after

Did they ever get together in re-take?

>visits her crush in hospital
>brings him lunch
>doesn't sexually assault him

Hikari is a beacon of morality

He made fun of her for appearing interested, never came to any realization. If it helps, Hikari is a good enough girl to have stayed with an oblivious amputee athlete while he became bitter and mean.

Rei is a lot more complex than most of the other characters. Evangelion requires an attentive mind.