Exist any good live actions adaptations of anime/manga ?

Exist any good live actions adaptations of anime/manga ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8DQLNfasxmM
youtube.com/watch?v=L3MSItkt8MI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

its rare but it does exists... pic unrelated thou

one day we will get live action eromanga , OP.

one day...

The madmen, never knew this existed.

>Goro

>Official live action
>Dont brother to make the close of source material
So if nips likes 2d, why brother in making such shity adaotations?

man goroposting was ahead of its time. who knew 'cuck' would catch on?

Sugita make a cameo?

Aoi Honoo.

Edge of Tomorrow

change the future

Nigehaji

No Nidaime or Top wo Nerae?1

Can someone explain to me how Goro write better scripts and have a better cast than most live actions ever?

Do JAV adaptions count?

oldboy

This, it promises to be as good as the Samurai X trilogy.

These only worked because the source material was quite easy to adapt and they were all made long before it was madatory for actors in Japan to look like skinny fags.

Apparently the GTO live action series is really good but I've never bothered to watch it.

>that shit tier lighting
Man, Japan doesn't even care about quality at this point.

The trips of truth. Came to post this.

Yes.

Here's where the live action exceeds the original.

You know what those have on common

Next month will have AV kino.

This. Gintama might be unironically one of the only good live-action movies.

Only ones that had a live action BEFORE an anime

Do you have a list of that, user?

It's better than the anime.

Death Note drama (2015) was good

Even being a sequel oa show/OVAs Next Gen Patlabor episodes are almost live action remakes of anime version. Also the main cast are "clones" of original main cast.
>In 2013, the SV2 is barely surviving. The Babylon Project has been completed long ago and Labors in use are generally far and few in between. A long recession in Japan has forced the Metropolitan Police Department to cut back on Patrol Labors. Division 1 has been disbanded with division 2 only remaining using two AV-98 Ingrams which have been remodelled countless times mostly without help from the manufacturer. Shigeo Shiba (or just plain Shige to everyone), now head mechanic, begins another day at the SV2. He recalls the first generation of of the SV2 and where they are now. Asuma Shinohara became the head of Labor development for his father's company while Noa Izumi became his test pilot and eventually his partner. Hiromi Yamazaki went back to run his family's business. Shinobu Nagumo created a security company and employed Isao Ota and Mikiyasu Shinshi. However bad management bankrupted it within a year. Shinshi later formed his own successful software company. Ota is currently in prison for assault. Shinobu is apparently working for the UNHCR in a Middle Eastern country. Kiichi Gotoh's whereabouts are unknown. Shige thought the second generation which followed in the original SV2's footsteps where so mediocre that he no longer remembers their names.

Why did they even bother casting the girl on the left? The right girl is miles ahead in appearance and charisma.

Yes

Real life looks disgusting. Adaptation is impossible.

Until live action film can properly create scenes like this, I don't give a shit.

one day

Live action Cromartie

I love kanji puns.

YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW

Probably a dumb question, but did the manga or toku show come first for Kamen Rider?

ADA

Ruruoni Keshin live action had some great fight scenes to it, even if they did take a few liberties with the story.

The manga was published concurrently with the tokusatsu.

>division 2 only remaining using two AV-98 Ingrams which have been remodelled countless times mostly without help from the manufacturer.
Poor Alphonse. How the fuck Noa and Shoinohara dont helped?

Korean Oldboy was based off a manga.

Came here to post this

KODA

You'd think adapting something like Be-Bop High School would be easy, but the two TV specials from the early 2000s somehow managed to fuck it up. The 80s movies aren't GREAT, but they definitely had a lot more effort put into them.

Also, that cover is from the 1994 movie apparently directed by the manga's author. Something which is surprisingly hard to find on the internet save for the trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DQLNfasxmM

Nigehaji was great.

Why is your English so shit?

We've always had people that can barely speak English.

Why is this thread allowed when seiyuu threads gets deleted all the time?

Why is your Japanese so shit?

Is curious how the people from america are the ones with the worst english of this place.

you must be from america.

you uncultured swines go watch akagi right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=L3MSItkt8MI

Allowances are made for live action adaptations of manga or a anime. It's in the rules.

And is hugely different. Basically only the initial premise is the same.

How does he do it? How can one man be so based?

SOON

how has nobody mentioned this?

This looks like it might at least have some decent action and lots of fanservice shots, but man do I not like the live-action Polymar suit.

All You Need is Kill.

Only right answer.

Please tell me that was shopped.

This was a pretty good movie, but it doesn't count since it's an adaptation of a video game.

This, I think the Rurouni Kenshin LAs turned out pretty damn good. The fights were pretty great and the acting was ok, which by live action adaption standards is Oscar worthy.

The costumes were also on point and the scenery/edo shots were very good.

2 years and still no subs.

What happen to those toku subbers? TVnihon or whatever.

I heard Prison School was good

I really liked Cutie Honey live action by Gainax since it was released in tandem with Re:Cutie Honey and kept a lot of the original camp and charm.

Not only a request thread, but a 3DPD request thread.

Ouran Highschool Host Club (the series, not the movie)

It is. You can tell by the pixels.

no way.

really?

Himizu's movie is very good. It's not the same as the manga but the director did an awesome job with changing the direction of the story.

On a similar note I hope the River's Edge movie turns out to be nice too, since the actress from Himizu will be in it.

hands down the greatest adaptation I've ever seen. I didn't even know it was based off a manga until afterwards

Mole Song was actually amazing

god bless china

that's a good director

how did he change it?

TV-Nihon is still around, but they never touched this one. Skaro Hunting Society was going to do it but Nanto has made no progress on it at all.

the fight scenes can't possibly be stupid enough to do it justice, it's destined for mediocrity

Casting choice for Washizu was bad. and for Washizu's nose even more so.

The MC's girlfriend has a bigger role in the story and it takes place after the tsunami that hit Sendai.
The biggest change is that the main character doesn't kill himself, because the director thought it would be too depressing of a story for Japanese to see after the earthquake/tsunami. So he gave it an ending about hope and rebuilding oneself instead of falling into despair.

Wangan Midnight movie is pretty solid.

I liked Speed Racer

Same here.

I know good live action adaptions of manga, but that's it.

Also this one.

I liked Nana to Kaoru, shame they never did a third

This one too. Manga tends to translate well into film.

>Akimi Yoshida
Interesting how her stuff never gets adapted into anime, rather goes straight to the silver screen and wins awards.
Are there any other mangaka like this?

I thought it was okay.

Only true kino allowed.

>dude meme show lol xd
Please die.

It was okay. Nothing overly wrong with it.

what a pleb thread

Should I watch the movies, the TV series, or both?