Btoom

good concept, bad execution:
World Trigger
Danmachi

dr stone
jagaan

At least the idea behind it was interesting

I thought it was alright

I was hoping we'd have some character development with the protag, but we could've had a way worse protag

oh and it got 2edgy4me in some parts for no particular reason

>I was hoping we'd have some character development with the protag, but we could've had a way worse protag
100% this.
I understood his asshole attitude in the beginning but even after those horrible things he kept being an asshole and doing the same mistakes over and over again, 0 character development

Not to mention that completely aimless ending.

Tenkuu Shinpan.

I ain't even gotta justify it; everyone who's read it knows exactly what I'm talking about.

this anime would've been sexy as fuck if he matured and became stronger emotionally and maybe a bit physically too

but hey, I'm the type of guy that gets boners for good character development

after the first volume, arachnid felt like the author was just shooting random shit at the wall most of the time
there are signs of it being rushed towards the end, too

Who is this semen demon?

What the fuck happened to Deadman wonderland

It couldn't turn to shit because it's always been shit.

wtf happend to her tits?

did someone rip off her nipples?

>Manga that could have been really good
Platinum End was shit from the very first chapter. Everything from the premise to the characters were just plain stupid.

sadly yes

>World Trigger
Nigga what

This.

Started off so good but just stopped being interesting after they saved Rukia

I think everyone agrees 20CB is the definition of wasted potential. The first parts were way too great for their own good.

funny how the drop in quality is so noticeable between each time skip

Billy Bat as well.
It's not that it is bad, far from it. It has some great moments and Urasawa holds your interest as much as in his earlier works, but after it all it just isn't cohesive.
Maybe that was the point. I didn't feel it, however.

>Platinum End
>could have been really good
>"battle royale" fight to the death synopsis between humans with help of supernatural and powerful partners
Nah, this shit has been done so many goddamn times already.
Still can't believe how bad their new manga is; Death Note was good, Bakuman was a breath of fresh air, and they resorted to doing this overdone bland shit.

>jagaan
What's wrong with it?

>battle royal with a mc.
What for? thanks to his plot armor you know who is going to win or at least reach the final stage.

Season 2 somehow managed to ruin an adaptation that had nothing to do with it.

>started as a fun comedy
>became haremshit
Criminale! had such potential, too.

Dropped quite a few plot-threads too.

w-what habbened?

this.

from bakuman i got the impression that they like to throw ideas around but don't really treasure/nurture them. it's the kind of mindset you have when you only write lots of short works. maybe death note was more of a fluke.

I'm still mad about the criminally underwhelming ending of Soul Eater

Honorable mention to how shit the anime ended too

I liked it all the way through.

Though I will admit the first part prior to timeskip was awesome and it never really reached that potential again. Though there were bits and pieces of great within it.

I'll toss Fire-Punch into the ring only because of the crazy shit going on now.

Yeah, some parts were still pretty good.

>that part when the Friend's body rises and shields the pope from the assassination attempt

Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge. Fuck you, Oh!Great.

Air Gear, Death Note, Genshiken

Also tossing in Inu Yashiki with Gantz right next to it.

Mostly Inu Yashiki as I liked the idea of an old man protagonist doing something with his life after getting robot powers.

The whole 2chan user hunting was great.

>Genshiken

I dropped the "2nd season" after several chapters, it was getting very unrealistic with the appearance of a(nother) trap

>tome 1
Authentic masterpiece
>tome 2
Bad
>tome 3
shit
>absolute half digested garbage puked directly in the mouth by a moribund dog

it's still going I thought it was cancelled halfway?

shit i dun goof'd

>tome 3
shit
>tome 4
absolute half digested garbage puked directly in the mouth by a moribund dog

fixed.

I enjoyed Air Gear all the way through. Shit getting insane was just fun.

I never got the complaints about it, honestly.

I liked the ending

This and Taboo Tattoo.

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever after a certain arc.

yeah...

everything with more than 15 volumes

>maybe death note was more of a fluke.

Platinum End really makes me think they could be the kind of people who only have one good series in them.

Be quiet Ajimu, you're dead.

It made plenty of sense, it was just ridiculous. And to be fair it was always ridiculous, from the very beginning. I don't know how all the technological jumps bothered you more than the pseudo-mysticism about roller-skating from the early chapters.

I literally could not follow it past a certain point, I felt like I was skipping entire chapters. For example when the MC just apparently started running his own cult?

>Death Note was good
I love this meme
Death Note turned to shit after L died and it really doesn't hold up well upon re-reading it since pretty much everyone is an idiot in some shape or form. Ohba has never been a good writer and it took this long for people to notice maybe because they read Death Note as teenagers.

Am I the only one that believes that Attack on Titan lost a ton of potential by making people transform into titans?
I mean I like the story and mystery behind it and all that, but helpless humans trying to survive to beings insanely stronger than them was a premise I loved. Especially because of the realism the characters portrayed, they got fucking frightened and cried like bitches, they were not do-it-all badass motherfuckers that won because friendship. If they fucked up they died.

I-I liked Detective Trap for being Conan except without children

Unironically this.

>Am I the only one that believes that Attack on Titan lost a ton of potential by making people transform into titans?
No you are the only person that thinks this. We didn't have thousands upon thousands of threads with people detailing their disappointment at the fact that Eren turned into a Titan. You are the only person that feels this way. Also
>Attack on Titan
>realism
Fucking kek

Attack on Titan definitely became dogshit at some point. The only question is where. For me, it really went off the rails once it started to get into the lore.

>there are no differences of opinions, there are only memes

I love this meme.

I wouldn't say it turned to complete shit but it's defiantly in the shadow of what it once was.

The thing was dropping in quality fast after Schierke and the Berserker Armor got into play. But maintained a level of "good-great". The art quality drop though just made it hard to take seriously. I mean fuck, Luca got ruined hard.

Its either memes or having shit taste. Though honestly you're just an outlier because its unanimously agreed that the manga drops in quality after L's death.

I dropped AoT when it started becoming some sort of political drama.
I do wonder if it got any better.

You brought up L's death, I didn't. I agree it got worse after that. I don't agree that it is a bad series overall.

It got worse.

Wasn't it obvious that titans came from human beings? Also, for all their powers, titans are mindless, you need antagonists with the intelligence to, well, antagonize, and the shifters were perfect for that.

Besides, it's not like Eren did anything of relevance with his powers. He became a tool of people more capable than him and a target of kidnapping and assassination. You have to admit that the author at least did an interesting and somewhat realistic execution of that plot.

Re:Monster

I'm still mad

>and the shifters were perfect for that.
Except none of the other shifters were threatening in fact they were mostly fucking stupid.

>You have to admit that the author at least did an interesting and somewhat realistic execution of that plot.
No he didn't. Once the shifters were introduced the tension dropped and characters pretty much had thick plot armor on them.

I meant Eren not being the automatic solution to every problem and not becoming more capable than every commander around him, unlike other special snowflake MCs with broken abilities.

The actions of the shifters still make sense, given than they're just traumatized double agent child soldiers, who found out the devil's children they were sent to massacre were just normal people like them.

Nigger its a figure of speech, get that stick off your anus

Too many of them to remember

I mean I do admit that the author does use it rationally and not as plot armor most of the times. Eren vs Reiner is a perfect example, him becoming a Titan did not mean an automatic victory, he had to use his brains.

What I'm trying to say is that, the pretty much hopeless spot the characters found themselves in at the begginning was fucking amazing. They had to use what they could to MAYBE survive. The simplest of titans posed a big fucking threat.

Now that Eren can transform it kind of ruins that tension.

WHY????

The World is Mine

>dr stone

What are you talking about? Last chapter was great