Funimation to bring "In This Corner of the World" to the US

>SHOUT! FACTORY FILMS AND FUNIMATION FILMS BRING HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED ANIMATED FEATURE “IN THIS CORNER OF THE WORLD” TO U.S. CINEMAS ON AUGUST 11, 2017

funimation.com/blog/2017/05/18/shout-factory-films-funimation-films-bring-highly-anticipated-animated-featurein-corner-world-u-s-cinemas-august-11-2017/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=052017-th-inthiscorneroftheworld&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=announcement&utm_nooverride=1

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2017&wk=10&p=.htm
makuake.com/project/konosekai2/communication/detail/70125
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-05-18/interview-in-this-corner-of-the-world-director-sunao-katabuchi/.116257
boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/?yr=2016&p=.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't care.

Then why did you even bother replying to this thread?

>HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED
This is the one that bombed so hard in Mexico
300 screens, made less than 186 US dollars

Source?

Is it good?

Who fucking cares what beaners think of Chinese Cartoons?

And this matters why exactly?

It was the only animated movie in Japan to rival Kimi no Na wa in terms of critical acclaim last year. It has won numerous awards, and even more domestic awards in Japan than Kimi no Na wa despite being heavily overshadowed in the box office since Kimi no Na wa was more widely accepted by general moviegoers. Pic related.

the point is that it's not as "highly-anticipated" as claimed

boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2017&wk=10&p=.htm
and 300 screens according to producer
makuake.com/project/konosekai2/communication/detail/70125

Easily so. Along with Kimi no Na Wa. and KnK it's one of the best anime films released in Japan in 2016.

what about Australia?

That's not a reliable source, doesn't even mention the film and it's actually impossible for it to make so low.

>one of the ten films from across the world competing for best animation in the oldest and largest international animation festival
>not highly anticipated

I never realized Mexico's importance in the cinema world. If it doesn't do well in Mexico it surely won't do well anywhere else. Forgive my ignorance.

LOL k senpai stop low qualitity bait.

No news yet.

>it's actually impossible for it to make so low.
pretty easy if no one watched it

>Along with Kimi no Na Wa.
Yes.
>and KnK
Hahaha, no.

Reminder to Bongs that it's out on June 28th.

unit 731 anime when?
oh wait that "didn't happen"

Why not

>Kimi no Na Wa. and KnK
Ahahahaha
But this film will be good, at least

Because it sucked.

Why

Other way around

Both Your name and KnK suck

Artistic decision of the director.

Why isn't KyoAni doing this? Does Japan hate the US?

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2017-05-18/interview-in-this-corner-of-the-world-director-sunao-katabuchi/.116257

>JAPAN DINDU NUFIN
Thanks. I will watch fast and furious 8

Why should they dwell on it? Better llto be like Japan and have a semi intact culture than a total mess like Germany

This is not facebook. Keep your likes to yourself.

>I will not watch an animated piece of work because of what I perceive to be wrong morals and instead watch a live action piece of work that depicts humans dying during illegal street racing/theft and law breaking in a comedic fashion.
Quoting you.

>Hahaha, no.
>Why not
>Because it sucked.
>Why
>Artistic decision of the director.
>Like
>This is not facebook. Keep your likes to yourself.
An absolutely epic conversation, now everyone has learned exactly why user does not like KnK.

It was way too truncated and cut way too much of the important stuff that contributed to Shoya and Shoko's development and interaction. It left in a bunch of characters for fanservice but they didn't help guide the plot well like they did in the manga and were just there, causing the cast to seem bloated and interfered with the principal characters. These two problems combined to make the pacing in the movie an absolute mess.

The animation was good, but the cinematography felt flat and uninspired, and the soundtrack is forgettable. Miyu Irino and Saori Hayami perform well, but it's certainy not their best voice acting performances.

Long story short, just read the manga.

This is what KyoAnuslickers ACTUALLY believe.

Because Koe no Katachi was a flop in Japan and there's little to no demand for it internationally.

Good for you faggot.

Shitkai is a terrible director, not my fault your taste is garbage.

>Because Koe no Katachi was a flop in Japan
Oh yes, a total flop. Dead on arrival.

>all this denial over Koe no Floptachi getting BTFO by based Shinkai

Isn't it ironic that you speak of denial when Koe no Katachi did not flop at all? Does that not mean that you are the one who is in denial?

I watched this by chance in January and it was shockingly good. The movie is not an easy watch like the two other contenders and with it being a lengthy slow-paced historical drama I don't think it will get much attention on Sup Forums anyway. Watch it or wait for rips as there isn't much stuff like that out there.

boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/?yr=2016&p=.htm
>1 Your Name (Kimi no na wa.): $235,300,000
>22 A Silent Voice (Koe no katachi): $19,199,905

And?

>implying Koe no Katashit is a contender

Kimi no Na wa lacks an aesthetic identity, haphazardly juggling between a light bodyswap romcom, a superficial and illogical sekai-kei Japanese commentary and a constantly reiterated and sensational tale of lost connections that Shinkai has stuck and done nothing interesting with for over a decade. It doesn't end there, the film opens with an out-of-place TV opening and constantly shifts back to AMV style without any consideration for the synaesthetic flow of the cuts. The characters are self-inserts with nothing beyond generic quirks and melodrama to give the illusion of relatability and development whereas in reality you know as much about them in the end of the film as you do in the beginning. Aside from some impressive bits of animation (the meteor), the film is surrounded by glossy digital animation and a distinct lack of craft in fleshing out the characters and giving them life via character acting. This stood out to me the most when I compared it to The Wind Rises or Princess Kaguya. In fact on the topic of Ghibli, it feels like Ocean Waves is the better version of Shinkai's entire filmography and even he seems to acknowledge it as such with his direct homages.

Some utterances in interviews about the Tohku earthquake will lead people into seeing depth that simply isn't there beyond serving as a backdrop for the unconvincing relationship being portrayed. Fatalism for sensationalism sake is simply too much of a hook for masses it seems. It's the Avatar of anime, people will shitpost about it being the best selling thing in the world to hide the utter emptiness of the film.

And Your Name was made with a fixed budget and went on to surpass Spirited Away as the highest grossing anime of all time.

Meanwhile, KyoAni poured a ton of money into Koe no Katachi's budget and was pushing as their biggest movie yet, and it failed to break even.

Kimi no Na wa has already gone down in history as one of the greatest and most successful animated films of all time while Koe no Katachi will only be remembered by delusional KyoAnuslickers.

Next time you post copypasta, try not to make it so tl;dr.

>Meanwhile, KyoAni poured a ton of money into Koe no Katachi's budget and was pushing as their biggest movie yet, and it failed to break even.
And you know this how? Why do you pull random shit like this out of your ass? What is the point?

>Shincuck fans can't read
Like pottery

Don't bother with kyoanihaters, they are masters of mental gymnastics

Couldn't they make distribution cheaper with digital delivery and smaller showings
or
on-demand-showings?

I watched this on a plane, found it great. It really captured daily life during WW2 in Japan and especially how despair and sorrow can occur at any point in time. It really didn't seem too preachy about "JAPAN DINDU NUFFIN" either, it was more about how this woman lived her life during the war. Personally preferred it to Grave of the Fireflies.

Fuck funisgit, they should die along with amazon and sentai.

Finally

unless if ching doing it