The final boss of Dragon Ball is literally magic that can't really be harmed and absorbs power from the main fighters

>the final boss of Dragon Ball is literally magic that can't really be harmed and absorbs power from the main fighters.
>Goku, Gohan, Gotenks and Vegeta beat him anyway through sheer will

Why do people hate on the Buu saga so much? It's a pretty good send-off to the series considering Toriyama stopped giving a fuck years before he wrote it.

its becuz hes pink

all of them jobbed hard in this arc

Because it dragged on and on with various transformations that all ended up worthless. Then you got Gohan who pretty much officially lost his MC status while every other side character save him, Goku, Mr. Satan, and Vegeta just stopped mattering.

only good thing that came out of it was vegetto, but they fucking had to ruin him, fuck super

Not many people hate in it anymore, especially considering how good the animation was for the anime and how fucking awful DBS is.

I don't wanna get meta or anything but if you read through the manga, it's like you can almost feel how tired Toriyama is when the Buu saga came along. All the lame jokes etc., it's like he was pining for the simpler days when Dragon Ball was a fun gag manga.

Super Buu is pretty cool. His Kid form was pure shit tho.

Because alot of people gained a love of Dragon Ball Z from the Freiza and Cell Saga.As such, it can bring about dislikes from things like:

The Buu saga harkened back more to the goofier Dragon Ball times.
Buu used alot of ideas from Cell like throwing the hero's own attacks back at them. Buuhan was basically Cell who was already pretty close to Frieza.
Gohan taking up the role of main hero from Goku went out the window.
It had new transformations that were almost useless in the end while Goku SSJ and Gohan SSJ2 were key to victory.
All in all, I think its a flawed saga like any other of Dragon Ball with some good points (Vegeta's Sacrifice, Vegito, Videl, plenty of good fight ) and bad points.

You're right m8. I read through the whole thing and when Buu showed up I thought "this is Dragon Ball as fuck" The whole series is about strange looking people (things?) hiding great power. I love the Buu saga because it's silly as fuck, as Dragon Ball should be.

Even GT looks good next to Super, I hate how that show looks! It's so slick.

several reasons,

1. I never really understood how the spirit bomb or anything was able to kill him, from what the show presented vegeta sacrificing himself buy committing kamikaze couldn't kill buu even with no physical body left he still came back.

2. Immortal villians aren't that fun, it becomes nearly as boring as wolverine orgins when you know that none of the damage you do to a person will not accumulate. Look at frieeza for example he was a mortal villian every bit of damage frieeza sustained was breaking him down more and more to him eventually getting fucking sliced in half and begging for his life, then using his last bit of energy to try to kill kakarot but having it backfire as a result . It's much more of an exciting conclusion then summoning a big ball in the sky an blowing a pink gum child to death.

3. His personality was not interesting enough, I mean it started off with some nuance because it looked like the bad guy was turning good because of mr. satan but he quickly get replaced by a more one dimensional version of himself.

Buu as a concept is neat. I liked his fat form. Unpopular opinion but I don't really like Super Buu or Kid Buu's design.
He's supposed to be a Jinn/Genie, right?
His transformations should've been more in tune with that. In mythological lore Jinn are beings of fire which made sense that Buu lets off steam, so naturally his stronger versions should've had fire coming out of them and shit.

Immortal villains aren't much fun I agree. But as the final boss of Dragon Ball? I thought it was interesting that there was a villain that the Saiyans couldn't defeat just by charging up.

>Cell can't die when he is killed
>Buu can't die when he is killed
>fight him as if he could be killed anyway with punches and kicks
>he's immensely fucked up on a few occasions, then 10 seconds later regenerates and smiles every time
>when you use up all your energy decide to kill him even when he is dead which will make him die by using a huge energy blast to disintegrate every one of their cells

>no physical body left he still came back
He still had his body scattered around from what I remember.

The part where they go inside him is fucking dumb

Oh yeah, The Spirit Bomb destroyed Buu because it wasn't really physical, or power level based. Goku harnessed the power of "everyone on earth wanting this dude to fuck off" and it worked.

>The Spirit Bomb destroyed Buu because it wasn't really physical, or power level based.
>Goku harnessed the power of "everyone on earth wanting this dude to fuck off" and it worked.

so it's magic based?

Well you guys seem like big DBZ fans. Should I buy this?

Nah you can just stream. Unless you want it for the sake of it being a collectors item. Also the price is probably up due to super

because it was too dragon ball for some people and not "dark" enough.

Buu Saga was fucking amazing and on par with every other arc after time skip.

>Fat buu was fun as fuck but still sadistic and strong
>Majin Vegeta vs Goku SSJ2
>Gohan transformation in the tournament
>Gohan vs Super Buu
>Vegeta vs Buu and his sacrifice
>SSj3 Goku
>Gotenks was awesome and had interesting funny moves, made the fight unconventional and it was a good brake from the all the tryharding
>Goten Vs Trunks was hype
>Gohan flirting with Videl and teaching her and their romance in general was nice
>Fat buu and his next form acting and looking like a retard when they were actually both great fighters and smart as fuck was a nice change of pace from Frieza and Cell being smart from the start.
>Fucking Super Vegito
>Animation and art design peaked in this arc

I liked it but DB KAI with its new retarded animators and artists managed to ruin it. Like Super wasn't enough.

No, they're shitty cropped remasters.

It was always magic based, remember when Krillin shot the Spirit bomb at Vegeta, King Kai told him to just feel the Evil Ki and the bomb will do the rest.

Then when Vegeta dodged, Goku told Gohan to bounce it back because the bomb will not harm people without Evil Ki inside them.

So yeah, spirit bombs concept is to damage evil ki, so it made sense that it managed to kill Buu who was almost immortal.

It's an alright arc in the manga. When I first watched it as a kid though, it felt too fucking long and dragged out even for DBZ.

They didn't beat him through will, they beat him because he was pure evil and they had a magical attack that just so happened to destroy stuff that's pure evil.