Why do people give a shit about pride?

White pride, black pride, gay pride whatever the fuck, how little do you have to acomplish if you're proud of something you have no control over?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

discord gg/fhvrVnJ

add a .

pride cometh before the fall.

youtube.com/watch?v=ruhFmBrl4GM

>>[insert] Pride

You signal you have pride in something because your insecure. You can't change your designation, so instead of despair you need to convince yourself and others that you're valid. You need validation from others.

Im proud that my ancestors chose to create me in a process of selective breeding, and I will direct control the heritage of my descendants by choosing not to mongrelise them.

I don't use the word "pride" because I'd agree and think it's silly.
I do feel "affinity", as if to say my ancestors broadly speaking worked to make this life for me so it's on me to continue the trend and keep working towards the infinite goal.

I've decided there is more contentedness and purpose in understanding that legacy than in deluding myself into thinking nothing matters and the civilization around me just appeared by magic and requires no maintenance.

Though I've also realized some people are just too stupid to grasp this concept and think it's about the worship of ashes than the preservation of flame. The first reaction is to think you want to be exactly the same as the past, for a start I'm not even religious.

The logic is probably that those people usually feel ashamed of being gay, so pride events are designed to counteract that shame
it only works for extroverts, I just want to be left alone tbqh desu

Stupid cuck

People like being part of groups. Makes us feel secure.

This.
/Thread.

because they've been kept in their college dormitory for years. It's what you expect from these niggers that they do not know life at all. They just get spoonfed and not really thinking about the outcome. You know, just to get certificate and a job.

>You need validation from others.
it's almost like human beings are social creatures or something

National pride, ethno pride, gene pride whatever the fuck, how little do you have to acomplish if you're proud of something you have no control over?

You shouldn’t, Mohammed. You’re not white.

My uneducated guess is that most people have an innate need to be proud of something they can relate to.

Unsuccessful people often are proud of their nation or race or whatever, because it's a convenient thing to appropriate for themselves.

>I am an alcoholic deadbeat, but at least I am white/american/german/estonian, which obviously makes me a superior human bean.

Successful people tend to be proud of things more closely related to them - proud of their business, proud of their work, proud of their children, proud of themselves.

im a sloth at heart but without pride people half ass everything.

Got it. Pride is for insecure faggots.

It's natural pride, reject it and you reject your humanity. We are flock animals.

You represent your race whether you like it or not

A community needs a positive, cohesive frame of reference in order to function properly. Whether it is a people's history, accomplishments, or any other part of their identity, they are all parts of that shared narrative, and easy to propagate. The pride comes as a result of that, primarily because the narrative needs to be positive. Shame, on the other hand, leads to apathy and nihilism, and is a death sentence for any productive group. Additionally, pride is self-reinforcing, as the productivity which results from said pride justifies the continuation of the narrative. Whether it is justified is another matter, but then you get into an argument of truth and justice.

It's not a matter of pride in our accomplishments, it's a matter of pride in a genetic factor capable of accomplishing. It's no far stretch to want to protect a lineage that is capable of continuing to build and invent humanity into the future. We can all see how far Africans have come over millions of years in comparison to others.