What's the best vampire anime?

What's the best vampire anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-30/exclusive-vampire-hunter-d-has-new-animated-series-in-the-works/.89840
books.google.com/books?id=MfVAAQAAMAAJ
youtube.com/watch?v=PNWr_Jlx6p0
youtube.com/watch?v=AATZMR3LgIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The old Vampire Hunter D. The -not- Bloodlust one.

Either DIO or Alucard
The rest are cool too, I guess

shiki

Subaru Sumeragi expy smoking weed?

This is a Christian board

Shiki and Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust.

Hellsing and Kizumonogatari

What's your beef with Bloodlust?

Moon phase

Bloodlust is fine, the previous one was better. Less romance and more awesome 80's bullshit.
Also an amazing soundtrack.

vampire knight. hellsing is an amazing show but as a vampire alucard is too powerful and they don't focus on the sensual aspects

The one with the biggest dick.

alucard

Another one for Shiki

Shiki

Hellsing is overrated trash made by a talentless hack that appeals mostly to underage viewers (physically or mentally).

Back it up

Movie - Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Series - Hellsing Ultimate

Yeah, I know. Not very original but not much else is that good or memorable. Vampires shine more through edginess and interesting western settings that only certain guys in the industry are interested in making.

so Hellsing is an anime, good to know

Shiki.

Why do you hate fun?

Owari no seraph

t. gentleman and scholar

Vampire Hunter D or Hellsing Ultimate

I've seen everything mentioned here except for this one. Guess I'll add this to my backlog

They should just kill all the fun I guess.

Why did you post a blank image?

You are mistaken user, I posted an image of the Anime adaptation of the Type-Moon visual Novel Tsukihime.

The greatest onii-chan of all time.

This one is the gayest, user.

Silly user

Bakemonogatari

he is a fucking faggot, that's his problem.
Bloodlust is superior to Heidi in Halloween Land in every aspect.

>Wanting less romance in something containing vampires

Come on now, why even bother reading shit with Vampires in it. They have always been linked to romance since Dracula.

>sensual aspect

I already hate it.

This would be the best vampire-themed anime of all time. Shame it doesn't exist.

Isn't there a new Vampire Hunter D film in the works? I vaguely recall that it's gonna be CG? Is that true?

Someday the people who worked on KnK will make a Tsukihime anime. Someday...

It's a TV series.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-30/exclusive-vampire-hunter-d-has-new-animated-series-in-the-works/.89840

>As of June 2016 the series is still in pre-production, with plans to begin shopping the project to distributors by the end of the year.

Can't say I have high hopes for it but whatever.

Has anyone who says this actually read Dracula, as in the original book?

And before that the entire belief in vampires came from people who died from tuberculosis after peasants dug up their corpses. Slavic peasants would die, their family members would get delayed symptoms and then die too, and people would blame it on the first family member being a vampire returned from the grave. They'd then dig up the body, cremate the corpse, and having a surviving family member drink it in some sort of occult ritual.

The foreward for the copy of Dracula I have has a few people listning as the greatest love story ever told or words to that effect, you can't deny the book's primary plot revolves around romance.

Also no one claims Dracula is anything at all like mythical original vampire stories, however it's Dracula which is the inspiration for pretty much everything after it. When people talk about Vampire stories what they really should say are Dracula stories since they are all based around the shit that came up in Bram Stoker's novel and not anything earlier.

You must not like vampires in general.

Hellsing.

>you can't deny the book's primary plot revolves around romance

A romance with whom? You are aware that the whole "reincarnated lover" thing with Mina was movie original, right?

D.
duh, gawd.

Vlad's obsession with Mina, his obsession and possessiveness towards Jonathan. Two men were vying for Lucy's hand, four of them give her "fluid" in a single night.

>four of them give her "fluid" in a single night.

Stoker seems written the book to offend as many English sensibilities as possible. In the first segment there's analogues for polygamy, homosexuality, transexuality, cannibalism (obviously), and ungodliness (also obvious).

Reminds me of some of the stuff from the original Frankenstein. Some strange incesty/corpse stuff going on in some of his dreams, if I recall.

I also forgot the male birth imagery when the count delivers an infant to his wives. Long story short, everything about modern vampires is a perversion of something humans do.

And the greatest classist metaphor possible, usable by anyone to represent anyone else as monsters that will convert your wife and eat you alive.

Yes, and the fear of big, strong Balkan lovers with their big... mustaches and virility.

>The Open Court (1893)

Found the article on Google Books and read it. Pretty interesting, especially the part about the man who was buried alive being executed for being a vampire.

>mfw Sup Forums already forgot about her

>tanks a literal nuclear explosion
>just kinda shrugs it off and waits for next round to start

And nothing of value was lost.

Also if you're interested, I found the original source of the description of being a vampire victim that was in your picture. It's from Charles Dickens' magazine Household Words, vol. 11, pg. 39-43

books.google.com/books?id=MfVAAQAAMAAJ

Of all the stupid hats I have seen on a mc, that may be the stupidest.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNWr_Jlx6p0

You don't need to watch it now

D Bloodlust and Shiki

What the fuck does everyone like Shiki for? The anime wasn't even attempted to be finished. Almost nothing fucking happensi n the anime

my nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=AATZMR3LgIw

Right? It's just a shittier Higurashi with vampires.

My friend kept recommending this to me. Is it really that good?

>Almost nothing fucking happensi n the anime
user, your brain processing returned an error.

All characters voiced by Tooru Ookawa are automatically best boys. Yes, even the uncle salaryman from Btooom!

Thank me later.

Fujoshi spotted

I ain't watching that

Well, I liked it. It's entertaining enough.

Hellsing Ultimate is the epitome of edge done right.

>otome game
>fujoshi
Shit, mate. What are you doing.

>bishonen yaoibait characters all after one girl
>not fujobait
wew

The mc is the most autistic bitch ever created

Posters like this make me lose hope in Sup Forums.
Fuck off.

It's almost more camp than edge, but then you get splashes like this.

>Hellsing
>not camp
Pick one.

The gayest the better

I said more camp than edge. It has a shitload of both. The Major is the best example of this synthesis.

SONO CHI NO SADAME
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOO

@157380119
>>>/Reddit/

K, Sup Forums. You can all stop posting now.

Hellsing, Shiki, D, Kizumonogatari (the book, the movies are disappointing) Tsukihime (VN, there is no anime) Melty Blood (game)

Blood lad's pretty funny too but it's not very good

forgot to mention the ending of Rosario+Vampire's manga is pretty fucking metal as well

Yeah, Blood Lad is entertaining, but the ghost girl is just too obnoxious.

>Rosario+Vampire
The anime isutter crap though.

Thoughts?

How could I have forgotten about this one?

Near Dark anime adaptation when

This thread made me remember Trinity Blood on adult swim a decade ago. I saw a few episodes, but never committed to watching the whole thing.
Was it shitty or good?

I remember watching Blood+ on Adult Swim and enjoying the OP.

Lots of nosebleeds. It's alright, the manga is better.

Blood and Blood+ are good, but Blood C is trash.

I've seen them all. Blood C is trash but the movie is okay.

That was a vampire anime?

Orgasm bites

Fuck you, it is the hat of a man with a giant brain and exquisite tactics!