TV licence

We laugh about the UK TV licence but at least you can refuse to pay it. Over here, your tax money goes to the public left wing TV and radio channels whether you like it or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zn6qkZ9taEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i make this point a lot, but nobody ever listens
only bongs get shit for the tv license
i don't watch 'TV'
i own one, but i only use it as a pc monitor and watch everything online
so, i don't have to pay
simple really

however, i will add that the TV Licensing Agency and their 'enforcement agents' are utter scum.
it's a disgrace that they can send such threatening letters to people
>youtube.com/watch?v=zn6qkZ9taEc
they deserve all the abuse they get

Can confirm, here we have to pay for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation(CBC)
and it's absolute horseshit. They are the worst kind of propaganda

You're supposed to pay if you are watching live tv on a pc.

i don't watch live tv

Who the fuck watches TV anymore? Are you trying to be brainwashed?

Time to unplug. Kill TV, Kill the internet

How do they even enforce this? Do they knock door to door and ask for your TV license?

Like "Oi, mate. You av a TV loicense?".

Why can't I just lie "No, bruv. I don't even have a TV."

This. You do not have to pay for a TV license in the UK, but when you don't you are harassed to fuck and the goons hired to harass you are more than willing to break the law if it means they get money off of you.

It's scummy as fuck and the TV licence needs to be scrapped.

Thats literally how it works, the only people who still think otherwise are good goys who buy in to the propaganda that they'll send a fucking tank through the walls of your house

And your TV "tax" go to BBC programs or shows like Sherlock Holmes.which is fucking shit adaptation.

Doesn't matter, they changed the law. You now "require" a TV license to legally use catch-up services too, the "only for live broadcast" stipulation no longer applies.

Yeah, that's exactly it. If you refuse to let them in though, they might get around to getting a warrant to take a peek inside. You can also just let the cunt look in your living room and then tell him to fuck off. In my experience, I let him take a look at the one TV screen I have, and then when he saw it wasn't connected, he took me off the list and I've never heard back from them since.

they only know which addresses aren't on their list of licensed properties
so, they send out template letters to 'the occupier'
threatening 'visits' from 'enforcers'
i myself have never been visited, despite recieving and ignoring these letters for years
if they do visit, you don't even have to answer the door, nevermind let them in.
also, they have adverts suggesting that they possess vans which can detect homes that are watching TV without a licence. which is of course utter bollocks
the whole system is disguting, the only upside is that it's not a straight tax, and can be avoided

you keep making assumptions on what i spend my time doing
i don't have to pay and your attempts to suggest otherwise are typical of the bootlickers that now populate this island.

That is basically how it works. But the people paid to knock on your door will lie and even break the law if they can get away with it.

It's not uncommon for them to claim they have special powers to ignorant people. They have no right to enter your home without permission, but they'll tell people who don't know any better they do.
It's not uncommon for them to do shit like climb over fences and snoop around your property, which they do not have any legal right to do.

If they manage to actually get into your house, they'll do things like try to set your TV up so it can receive a signal, then claim you've been using it to watch TV.
They'll also try to get access to any PCs you own (which they legally have no right to do) and install software on it so you can watch live TV on it. Then you get fined for this obviously.

The way these goons work is fucking disgusting and it's straight up harassment and law breaking. People dealing with them are advised to record absolutely everything to prevent shit like this from happening.

sadly, this is all true
my advice is to not open the door to them, and if you do, don't speak to them if you can help it.

In Sweden they recently embedded the TV-license into your taxes so now there's no escaping it whether you have a TV or not, apparently it is one of the biggest tax hikes in a long time, yet no one talks about it...

So it's obviously just a scheme to milk more tax payer money. I mean American government does that too but nothing that blatant

I've been visited, but I just said "no" when he asked to come in, and closed the door on him. Never heard anything more. But some people DO get "caught", and they always get prosecuted, it's a pretty fucked up system.

>Nothing that blatant

Guess you've always paid your taxes on time then

All you really need to do is totally ignore them. They cannot do shit if you ignore the letters and people knocking on the door. But they are persistent as fuck and will constantly hound people.

Even Americans pay taxes for PBS and the like.
Feels good not knowing that feel.

First, that was my first post in this thread. I don't "keep" doing anything. Second, show me where I suggested that you should actually pay for it.

I've actually never paid for a TV license once in my life.

i read somewhere that licence fee non-payments make up as much as 10% of all court hearings and that the majority of defendants are women, possibly because they are more likely to be at home during the day (with the kids?)

He's right, you have to pay. I'll notify your local government about it, please be nice about this as I don't want you to go to jail for verbal abuse.

I wonder if they do this in Paki areas

well in germany it's not even a tax but if you refuse to pay you go to prison

i like myself some tyranny.

calm the fock down m8

Peasant subsidized state media is necessary in order to have a more transparent democracy, while ensuring that news are not made for profit, but for information and keeping a population informed with factual news and not Fox tier political sharade.

sorry user, thought you also posted this
sadly, i've lost count at the amount of people who have tried to shame me into paying the licence

It's shitty that we have to pay, but at the same time, TV isn't a good thing, so in the long run its for our benefit. I thought it was fucking stupid the other day, then I found out Burgers have to pay to enter a National Park. So what I deduced was at least our priorities are the right way around. Pay to sit on your ass watching shitty TV, free to go see nature. In burgerland its free to sit on your ass but very fucking expensive to go see nature....

national parks are funded through taxation lad...

Americans are forced to pay for NPR and their subtle all day Trump hating.

Women are also more likely to say "yes" when some guy who pretends to be in a position of authority asks if he can come in. But yes it's a terrible shambles, it's the poor who get fucked as usual and meanwhile the BBC likes to pose as being super progressive while it's literally funded in the most regressive way possible, essentially a flat tax.

>Burgers have to pay to enter a National Park.
Wtf? This is far worse than a fucking tv license. I need the burgers to explain themselves.

Not any of those fags but that first user is simply telling you the law, not insisting you actually pay. "supposed to", not "should" or "ought to".

just demand it back pointing out that you don't watch or listen to it, and there's a burden of proof required on their part

part of the way they get away with this bollocks is just that no one ever actually gets round to filing a complaint

In the UK, our parks are kept up out of taxe revenue, so even people who never go see them have to pay. That's much more fucked up than the American model, and having been to a bunch of national Parks in the US, they're usually pretty cheap anyway.

that's part of what irritates me
whenever it comes up that i don't pay, some fucker has to say 'but do you watch i-player?'
or some similar shit
it's all part of the sheepish mentality that most bongs have

Shiiiiiet, a bong who gets it.

No legal aid for this type of case, and it's only ever the very poor on benefits who avoid paying for the license, and chavs can't afford a lawyer.

They could just be making sure you understand that just not owning a telly isn't enough to exempt you. I have literally never heard someone tell another Bong they ought to buy a tv license, even the people who always do it themselves understand the resentment that drives people not to.

Subtle and passive aggressive. What kills me is those fucking weekend radio shows that are an hour long from a first person prespective about how they took their first bike ride. Every once in awhile I'll hear a decent one, but most are utter shit.

I got a letter saying some guy would be round to investigate my flat to make sure I didnt have a TV, but nobody ever came
If they do turn up ill just say I feel threatened by them because im a transexual muslim

but aren't national parks in the US also funded through taxation?
and yet, you have to pay again to enter...

Those letters are automatically generated, they do have people who knock on doors but there's not many of them and they stick to sink estates where barely anyone has a license, they won't waste their time coming for one guy in a street of license payers.

that's where a small part of the funding comes from, yes. The rest they raise and rely on through lotto contributions, parking, donations, charity events and grants. I would rather my tax goes towards that than welfare contributions for people that are too fucking lazy to get up and work, although I'm freelance so my tax contributions are low

There are over 70 countries with a TV license and I'm sure the majority are mandatory payments. Do you honestly expect Sup Forums to know anything?

>not been a disabled gay transgender transracial muslim immigrant who is a sovereign citizen in 2018

Eh technically the tax income is used to pay federal employees who run and maintain the park, rather than the park's upkeep per se. But sure that's a technicality. They cost far less to the taxpayers than the UK versions do, tho.

American national parks have all those things, too. The entry fee doesn't replace charitable contributions, it supplements it.

They are, literally a few bucks. They do get some tax payer funding, but not much and they get fucked all the time. Most of the funding goes to park rangers who are basically cops that get paid to fuck around in the forest all day, really a nice job, but when idiots get lost they're useful.

>No legal aid for this type of case, and it's only ever the very poor on benefits who avoid paying for the license, and chavs can't afford a lawyer.

>Those letters are automatically generated, they do have people who knock on doors but there's not many of them and they stick to sink estates where barely anyone has a license, they won't waste their time coming for one guy in a street of license payers.

you can basically just ignore them.

they sent me a bunch of them but i don't actually watch tv - i don't even have one atm, or a net connection in the house.

it's incredibly difficult to actually prove electronically that someone is watching tv. the only way they can prove it is if the guy actually sees you watching it. the detector van stuff is a bunch of bs.

so they can use that money to shill for political goals and crap all over the right wing. I fucking hate it.

Doesn't change my point though. If I want to walk up a mountain in Langdale it doesn't cost me a fucking bean. An infinitely more worth while pursuit then being stuck in front of the TV

Yeah, it does not make sense. The German system is way worse, the tv stations are blatanly pro-government propaganda and the state is way more draconian when enforcing it.

>it's incredibly difficult to actually prove electronically that someone is watching tv. the only way they can prove it is if the guy actually sees you watching it. the detector van stuff is a bunch of bs.
This. Sadly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prove you don't watch tv, even if you let them in and they don't find one, they don't take you off the list of "houses with license" and you keep getting the letters. You can just ignore them, but they're very effective especially against vulnerable people like old folks and single mothers.

I will NEVER want to walk up or even see that mountain, why should I have to pay for it? Let the ponces who want to climb up it pay the privilege.

I responded to another guy about it.

And also, this guy is right.

It's really fucking small and basically goes to the park rangers "cops" who patrol it, but they are far and few between. If you go up there you're going to want to bring a gun, everyone is super cool, but in the deep forest you'll want to be safe since it's just you and other whites, again though, all cool, it's mostly against the animals since you will be alone, but that's the point.

Why should I pay for fat fucks to sit in front of the TV? I don't, you do. At least the encouragement is there for people that aren't too fat, lazy, or even to the people that are that want to do something about it

>You now "require" a TV license to legally use catch-up services too
Only BBC iPlayer, it tells you this one the TV Licensing website.

We also have a lot of land that we can go to and fuck around to camp or shoot or whatever. Generally the parks you are talking about having camping grounds so you get services from them, but super basic like a park ranger close by, road, and a place to camp for a few nights. If you go off into nowhere, you don't pay shit and isn't funded since it's not needed, you just need to make sure it's not privately owned. And yes, people do say fuck it and live in the first off the grid all the time and don't pay taxes.

In an ideal world you wouldn't have to pay for 90% of the useless crap the state does. But just because I have to pay to support workshy chavs, doesn't mean I should also have to pay to support hipster /fit/fags.

You can enter them for free but you have to pay to park

>They are, literally a few bucks. They do get some tax payer funding, but not much and they get fucked all the time. Most of the funding goes to park rangers who are basically cops that get paid to fuck around in the forest all day, really a nice job

i was checking out jobs in the US that'd also allow me to work outdoors; e.g. environmental monitoring.

i noticed the park rangers option for the Appalachians but they do seem to be operating kind of on a shoe string. loads of the ppl working along the trails basically seem to be volunteers.

looks like an awesome place to live / work though

unironically pic related
fuck the NHS

1 post by this ID

p
o
s
t

b
y

t
h
i
s

I
D

Hey Bong-Bros, how much more from your own government to convince you that they don't give a fuck about you? In fact, at what point will you see the writing on the wall?

British anons, it may be wise to make a plan B. the UK is gonna go up in flames. Labour is destroying your country.
t. Detroit. Democrats destroyed Detroit.

in Poland there is
>we remind you about obligatory payments of subscription fee. Due to your subscriptions we can make TV work. Thank you.
on TV bar and almost no private person pay it, institutions and companies only

You see that's taking it too far, single payer healthcare and education is essential to allow the poorest in society a fair crack of the whip. Likewise unemployment insurance of some kind, its the "lifestyle welfarism" that is cancer, nothing wrong with a safety net.

Don't think I've ever seen a hipster out walking, theres no starbucks. You should try getting off your lard ass and get out sometime. You'll feel less miserable for it. You also say
>In an ideal world you wouldn't have to pay for 90% of the useless crap
Can I suggest also you get a job and start supporting this damn fine nation. Maybe that'll motive you to get out too

Well don't blame them for wasting tax money when PowNed literally pours expensive champagne into pools while pretending to represent the right wing.

Cover your windows when not at home?

Do they visit muslim areas of town?

Least our governments still up and running

Read BOOKS!!!!! Learn a craft!!!!! Get OFF the propaganda tube! And now see how bold they are in the UK? They want to indoctrinate you, and make YOU pay for it via taxation. Sociopathic fucks.

>how much more from your own government to convince you that they don't give a fuck about you?
Uh, no British person has EVER had the delusion that the Nobs who run the place give a fuck about us. Patriotism here is always to abstract notions of statehood and to the politically impartial monarchy, not to the governing parties.

I have a job you nonce, you think I'd give a fuck about taxes if I didn't?

You're right. Since the Congress passes the budgets, why did they shut it down? Is it time for Trump to abolish the Congress? Good point, my bong friend.

We do get shit on for it. Not to sound arrogant but a lot of the world is tsun-tsun for us. They desire the Anglo litter but we're cold and unapproachable and also very, very inbred and retarded, so instead of appealing to us with kindness they appeal to us with insults. Until we land in their countries, that is, and then they're nice to us and their women act like we're exotic and intelligent British men when we're actually loutish and retarded Anglonigger animals who are there to drink, swear and get laid even when we're middle class.

I'm not of the mind to shit on other Euros over this. It's quite obviously not the fault of the average French, German, Dutch or whatever citizen insofar as they're having this imposed on them by a forceful and tyrannical government. It is our fault for not having staged an insurgent uprising and deplatformed these fuckers already though, but what can you feasibly expect from a population of people that are still far too comfortable to lose what they've got by fighting.

Not true. They are considering removing the license and implementing a tax. It's not reality yet.

All I can think of is these twits when the TV license bants get brought up.

We have to pay them AND can't refuse it. It's like an even bigger fuck you.

iPlayer is the only catch-up service for BBC programs. If you have Virgin or SkyTV, the catch-up service for BBC channels is iPlayer branded.

But I take the point that you can legally use Channel 4 and ITV catch up services without a license. I just get tunnel vision for the BBC in discussions about TV licensing, for obvious reasons.

I have a buddy with a biology degree that does it up in northern California, he gets a car and lots of benefits. He's still liberal, but a lot less from it. It really is a sweet job.

That area is very different from the rest of the US, the people there basically love to be left alone and hate government. As long as you don't bother them they won't bother you. Most of your job though would be to basically fuck around all day in the forest/mountains to learn it so when an idiot gets lost you'll know the area will enough to find them and you'll do some other science shit but basic stuff. If you're white, come over man, your country is a shithole. Also, you'll get to carry a gun as a park ranger.

Looks like Ben Shapiro on the left.

It seems you're right, they will vote on it after the elections this year.

I just went on their website like a good goy and told them I don’t watch live tv. It’s automated and they throw up threats like “SOMEONE MIGHT COME TO SEE YOU!”
Never had anyone come out nor would I let the statist scum inside in the first place.

It's a fucking pest with these TV-licenses.
In Germany, people are forced to pay, otherwise they threaten you to put you in jail.
I refuse to pay the shit since they started to force us paying the lefting commie shit.
I simply ignore the threats they sent to me twice a month.
We will see if this ends with a several dead policemen and a burning street.

How is it in the USA? Are people forced to pay such shit also?
Sweden very recently embedded the TV-License in their tax money bill. There is currently no workaround for that other than not being registered as living in Sweden.

>In Germany, people are forced to pay, otherwise they threaten you to put you in jail
Truly Germany is the new leader of the free world.

I've never had one. I don't watch TV. I've never been visited by an agent or received a letter.

>We will see if this ends with a several dead policemen and a burning street.
Cant wait to the read news headline user

>How is it in the USA? Are people forced to pay such shit also?
No. America has public tv stations which are almost all total garbage and ridiculously overpriced cable tv services. Like $200 a month for top quality Jewish brainwashing. You also get satellite shit like DirecTV

It only applies to the BBC and iPlayer. You don't need one if you're, for example, watching NowTV on an Xbox, and NowTV is live TV.
In any case, you faggots are going to be tormented by existential regret when you get older and realise what you sacrificed to the electric boogaloo. Get a library card instead.

also have a science degree + white + really like the south

it's finding a sponsor that's difficult when migrating legally. need to find the jobs, apply, hope they're willing to file the sponsor form / pay the fee, wait months for the person to actually turn up.

they're issued in april, then if it actually goes through (which is about a 50:50 chance with the H1-B's due to the number of applications made) the work permit gets issued in october off the top of my head.

so i've got about two months maximum to get a sponsor filed to make this years visa application round.

its amazing its so time consuming / difficult given other ppl are basically just wandering across the boarder

If you don't watch BBC either live or on IPlayer, don't pay it.

I occasionally watch a bit of news on BBC but I do not pay the fee. I get loads of letters and maybe a visit about 3 times a year. I used to give them a mouthful about Jimmy Saville but now I just shut the door on their face with a stupid grin on my face.

The only people that get 'caught' are those who feel they need to explain everything to everyone - you don't.

Negative. We are not forced to pay anything TV related, other than the usual Tax of having the service. But no, we aren't forced to pay.

Absolutely.
But hey, with a former STASI agent as a chancellor Angela Merkel (IM Erika) this is no wonder.
The German Regime currently faces over 4 million households refusing to pay their shitty propaganda tax
We will see how they will handle this.
They can't jail 4 million people for fucking not paying a tv license you don't even consume.
I haven't had a TV since the early nineties and i refuse to watch/listen to their leftist shit.
Time to purge.

>DR er "aegte news" min venner
Spaeser