Muh 18 dollar ladder

>muh 18 dollar ladder

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/border-wall-models-thwart-military-tests/amp/
bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-mexico-wall/how-many-people-currently-cross/
dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/border-wall-models-thwart-military-tests/
glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-ELTA-North-America-EI_IE780604.11,29.htm
linkedin.com/company/elta-north-america
bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2017/07/25/elta-north-america-is-opening-a-cybersecurity.html
baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-elta-headquarters-20170508-story.html
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3172243/Turkey-announces-plans-build-560-mile-concrete-wall-spy-ZEPPELINS-watch-towers-moats-border-Syria-ISIS-bombing-kills-32-Suruc.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you not know what thwart means? At least from the title it means they failed to breach. Why can’t niggers like you ever link?

he's mocking people who think they'll be able to use a ladder to circumvent the wall.

>too stupid to know when people agree with you

>digs underneath
Nothing personal, kid

This is actually my favorite thing that happens here, just seeing a guy brutally eviscerate someone who thoughtfully agreed with them

>american flag
go ahead and go to mexico nobody cares faggot

U wot m8?

Sup Forums is real news, real talk. the last one of its kind around.

I'd say let them dig for months so we can flood and drown them in just a minute.

>implying that you can dig through cement

>Dig all day every day for 2 years
>create 50 feet of tunnel which border agents can destroy in less than 5 minutes

It's going to extend underground too faggot.

I think a useful way to discourage illegal border crossings would be to stage mock executions at popular crossing points. Get a bunch of people in costume and just have groups of guys mow them down with blanks whenever they see groups trying to cross.

>edelman
>white

Its why i always try to be as sarcastic as possible, fun to watch people sperg out because you agreed with them

>pour cement for 20 feet near the wall for minimal costs

That's gonna be an awful long tunnel you're making pablo. Hope you brought bracing material and some heavy construction equipment.

found the faggot who's never worked for a living or has even the faintest idea of how things are actually constructed.

There needs to be some concertina wire at the top of the wall so that any spics that get to the top shred themselves.

Odd bc I specifically remember reading a few months ago about there's not anywhere these guys can't get into. Yes even nuclear facilities.

They must have handicapped them and only let them use certain things

>US commandos can't get over a 20 foot wall.
Dude what?
You could literally just use a grappling hook and a 25 foot rope to get over any of those except the rounded one.
There are a million ways to get over walls.
It's not fucking hard, we've been doing it in warfare for 3000 years.

You guys always say this shit is effective but never explain why people can't just go over it.

They have found miles long tunnels with working railways before.
So yea gayboi.

Requires more gear. Most people crossing the border are not going to be able to equip themselves to scale the wall.
It's meant to reduce border crossings. No pregnant spics are going to be able to get over the wall without their intended anchor baby getting killed along the way.

>forcing illegal immigrants to construct deep dangerous tunnels that can navigated slowly by a few people is the same as having a totally open border.

>your grappling hook secures itself on nothing while simultaneously activating the secret switch that disables the barbed wire

Used for smuggling drugs, not people. If the cartels start sending people through their tunnels the tunnels will get sniffed out faster and destroyed. We can already triangulate exits.

google.com/amp/dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/border-wall-models-thwart-military-tests/amp/

Damn I think you just outsmarted the commandos

Found the retard that doesn't understand how industrious some of the spic tunnels actually are.

>Most people crossing the border are not going to be able to equip themselves to scale the wall.
Yeah but that raises a few more points of how many people are actually crossing the border by land. And of those people how many are doing so on foot. The majority of illegal aliens in this country enter by airplane and overstay their visa.
What I am saying is we are going to spend a ton of money, to stop maybe 15% of illegal immigration. Of those 15% it might stop 5% because, yes they would need a rop and piece of iron fashioned into a multipronged hook.
Here is a link.
I know
>Bloomberg
But I've reviewed the data and its solid.
bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-mexico-wall/how-many-people-currently-cross/

Well of course, I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying, don't expect it to be some magical impenetrable forcefield. The mentality of the citizens and police (as well as the legislation) is far more important than any physical barrier.

>On further tactical analysis you realize that you could simply buy or make a 25 foot ladder, you then scale it, cut the barbed wire with your bolt cutter, sit on the wall, raise the ladder up, deploy it to the other side, and climb down.

dad jews don't count, only a kike cunt can shit out a kike.

I've seen it happen a few times here. Always a burger flag.

Sergeant Joey Goemez couldn't get over the wall?
What a surprise!

On a serious note, they were limited to the tools allowed by the experiment.
They weren't allowed to go down to home depot and buy a ladder. If they were, the test would have failed.

Moreover,
>Testers also expressed safety concerns about getting down from 30 feet.
They also were afraid to climb it and then get down from the damn thing. Mexicans with nothing to lose aren't afraid to climb a 30 foot wall. Hell, you can survive the fall if you are fit and thin, hang by your arms, then drop (23 feet or so, might have a broken ankle). Plus the Mexicans/Central Americans would coordinate. They'd bring a ladder from the other side LOL.

>The report favors steel at ground level because agents can see what is happening on the other side and holes can more easily be patched, the official said. With concrete, large slabs have to be replaced for even small breaches, which is time-consuming and expensive. Topping the steel with smooth concrete surfaces helps prevent climbing.

>oy vey, make sure the one with holes is suggested because we need to still pass the drugs and kids through!
The wall designs are retarded, glorified fences. The Great wall of China at it's highest point is taller than these proposed walls and it was built without modern tech.
There is no reason why we cannot build a 150 feet tall wall with today's technology and resources.

>Border Patrol has a special reaction unit
>Their now fucking commandos according to this article
>Selous Scouts would have raped this wall and murdered at least two entire illegal immigrant communities by now

There you go

Drugs get moved over the border by the hundreds of pounds/tons and they'll have cameras so they can react quickly.

Also if we can barely get funding for a 30 foot wall how the fuck will we be able to build one five times as high?

You missed the Real Gem...

>>Contracts to do work on that scale would be hugely lucrative, and the prototypes, spaced tightly together in a remote part of San Diego, have captured widespread attention, including from architecture critics. W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co. of Philadelphia, Mississippi, and Caddell Construction Co. of Montgomery, Alabama, built one concrete model and one of other materials.

>>Texas Sterling Construction Co., a unit of Sterling Construction Co., and Fisher Sand & Gravel Co. of Tempe, Arizona, did concrete designs. ELTA North America Inc., part of state-run Israel Aerospace Industries, and KWR Construction Inc. of Sierra Vista, Arizona, built models from other materials.

I wonder (((WHO's))) going to win the Contract...

>Protip: (((ELTA North America Inc.)))

bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2017/07/25/elta-north-america-is-opening-a-cybersecurity.html

(OP)
You missed the Real Gem...

>>Contracts to do work on that scale would be hugely lucrative, and the prototypes, spaced tightly together in a remote part of San Diego, have captured widespread attention, including from architecture critics. W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co. of Philadelphia, Mississippi, and Caddell Construction Co. of Montgomery, Alabama, built one concrete model and one of other materials.

>>Texas Sterling Construction Co., a unit of Sterling Construction Co., and Fisher Sand & Gravel Co. of Tempe, Arizona, did concrete designs. ELTA North America Inc., part of state-run Israel Aerospace Industries, and KWR Construction Inc. of Sierra Vista, Arizona, built models from other materials.

I wonder (((WHO's))) going to win the Contract...

>Protip: (((ELTA North America Inc.)))

>Fuck I forgot the pic last time... (((Fixed it)))

>When your country elects a political party that has been hijacked by nativists and international provocateurs on the internet so you build a 150 foot tall wall along the southern border of your country to keep out 15-30 percent of predominantly catholic family oriented brown skinned people who cross your border into states where almost every city and town's name is in Spanish or Native American.
This timeline is a blast.

>forced may may
>plebbit spacing
>Moreover
back to your gender studies class, faggot

>boomer outraged that someone disagrees with the shit-tier GOP solution
>trying to be a fellow kid by using Sup Forums culture
>getting upset at "moreover"
The Amerimutt isn't a meme. It's an inevitability. Look at the demographic trends. Which is why we need drastic measures like an actual wall, otherwise it's just a big game of "let's pretend!".
It's called formatting, especially whenever you are quoting and linking shit. It's not some autistic sperg post with three lines of spaced text.
Go back to /ptg/ faggot and stay there.

>0/10
I'm sorry but penmanship counts.

>implying you can't dig through cement and rock with a spade. pfff.

So what you are saying is that we need a spike filled pit in the landing zone on our side.

That would work too. Although, you need to make it so that someone wouldn't be able to lay some plywood down over the spikes.
If it's an actual pit, nice and deep, you prevent the tunnel problem too.

He's /ourjew/

Too bad Mexico thwarted Trump's plan to get them to pay for the wall

>muh magical hard working Catholic conservatives
Citizens first, traitor.

He's gonna tax the money sent back to mexico from immigrants living in the US. So, fuck off with your naive observation.

Yes well I think it's reasonable to limit their toolkit to just what would be expected of cartel men, maybe some tolerance upwards to make sure. It's not like the cartel has access to some of the government tech the US allows to their commandos.

Also, the wall isn't going to be 100%. Having one or two guys slip through really isn't a concern (especially with the severe de-incentivizing trump is doing over here). The main concern is human traffickers and drug smugglers which require far more space than just the body of one man. Cartel won't be able to smuggle over a pickup truck with the door panels filled with cocaine, or box trucks with the back filled with illegals. That's what they plan to stop.

>grappling hook allows a 6-wheel box truck full of smuggled illegal aliens to scale the wall.

I'm
Sure the grappling hook will eject from the trucks grill just like in Batman.

>this is exactly as easy as driving a convoy of box trucks full of illegals over flat desert terrain unencumbered.

not sure

>when Trump wins and keeps out skill-less spic sub-(((Catholics))) who perform condemned rituals and other demonic nonsense utterly unaware of their heresy
ftfy. We get that shit in south Florida all the time. "Catholic" spics and their cults are cancer.

>18 dollar ladder
I have a 40 foot ladder and paid 220 bucks for it. Also you would need 2 (one to get up, one to get down). I've worked at heights (framing houses) for years and I can tell you climbing up a ladder like that while pushing another in front of your is a bad idea. Those ladders are about 80lbs

A mote on our side so that any tunnel will be instantly filled with water.

Sorry, Moat

dont our "commandos" (special forces?) outsmart quite a few obstacles, people, and entire nations?

Neat idea, not practical. Obviously you have never been out there. Most of it is a fucking desert. There are better, easier ways of stopping tunnels.

>Give some money to a corrupt border patrol officer
>fucking wall
Theres no wall that can stop mexicans to enter to their original land as it is Califronia, Texas, New Mexico, etc.
All that land belong to us so keep spending all the money you want in stupid walls.

>mock
what for?

I guess so it has to be realistic. Can you imagine a mexican saying
>yo hombre got 15 young pups tryina cross de line, gonna need 2 f-15's and a couple helis pronto with a side of tacos.

i see where youre going. a moat made of diet coca cola

What's the cost to maintain a mile of border now?
What's the cost to maintain a mile of walled border, including the cost of the construction, distributed over 20 years, say?
What's the cost per mile to achieve a comparable level of security via cameras and more frequent patrols?

I see non-stop wall discussions here but I never see analyses the reveal it to be a cost-effective solution, particularly compared to other methods. I guess I'm looking for an analysis that includes:
>how many people and how much contraband move into the country now
>what portion of that comes across the Mexican border
>comparison of the cost and effectiveness of the wall versus other solutions applied to that border
>expectations regarding the new smuggling distribution once a wall is built (i.e., traffic across the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere will increase as a result. How much, and how easily will the Gulf and other passageways absorb this new traffic? If, for example, the Mexico land border is only marginally more convenient than other passageways, expensively sealing it will yield little positive result.

tl;dr Is there a decent economic analysis of the wall strategy somewhere? Because these discussions suck.

border patrol are given lie detector tests.

>All that land belong to us
You were conquered, so start another war to reclaim it. I can't wait to see your superior air-force to start carpet bombing DC

>Sleepy obese mexcrement rope climbing a huge wall and jumping off the other side

>There is no reason why we cannot build a 150 feet tall wall with today's technology and resources.
Wow good job you fucking retard I just brought my 151 foot ladder.
Fucking americlaps

i really hope this border turns into a ladder race

just designate a the area within one mile of the south border a toxic waste dump, free to maintain, better than a wall, last i checked rio grande was the most radioactive river in the world anyway

Sorta like how we bombed canadians during the afghan war. You wouldn't understand dad.

Cheaper than 50 million taconiggers on cradle to grave gibsmedats.

>particularly compared to other methods
What's your valid substitute for a wall?

18 gorillion dollar ladder>Trump wall.
Check mate user.

>>muh 18 dollar ladder
>muh commandos

>Hell, you can survive the fall if you are fit and thin, hang by your arms, then drop (23 feet or so, might have a broken ankle).

Dropping 23 feet and potentially breaking your ankle in the desert miles away from civilization, having to hop on one leg to the nearest town.

Sounds like a great plan. I hope more beans try this and die of dehydration.

Also, nobody is claiming these walls can't be circumvented. But it makes it more difficult than just waltzing across the border, plus it is a psychological deterrent as well.

No.

welp

>Sorta like how we bombed canadians during the afghan war.

Bombing Canadians is always justified, though.

Valid substitute?
More frequent patrols. A dense drone presence. A dense network of both mobile and stationary cameras, sensitive to both heat and visible light. Perhaps some distributed audio analysis.

Hell, open it up to contractors and designers. Your job is to detect and intercept x crossing one square mile of similar land from one edge to the opposite edge.

I'm not saying that the wall isn't the best option. I'm looking for a reasonable analysis that presents it as the best option.

>Hefting a giant bar whose center of gravity is like 12 feet away from you over a wall while siting on less than a foot of space.
Good luck.Even if you rotate it you still have to grab the middle, so at some point there is going to be a lot of ladder over your head that wants to pull you down.

Your wall works just fine in Israel JDIF. tell me why sandniggers are not throwing grappling hooks en masse into Israel.

Trades guy here. Where can you buy an 18.00 ladder?

sometimes you just gotta sperg and destroy someone. If you got hate in your heart, let it out.

In California they are distributed freely to those under 5'6" to maintain a perception of equality.

Anybody against the wall is an anti-semite who thinks Israel isn't capable at border defense.

>More frequent patrols. A dense drone presence. A dense network of both mobile and stationary cameras, sensitive to both heat and visible light.

A wall works 24/7 and requires maintenance only when built wrong are fucked with. Everything you have listed would cost more in maintenance alone than a wall.

The point of a wall is not to stop all traffic but to deter people from trying. Less people trying less cost for secondary defenses.

yea but if one guy can get over the wall its a failure!
Condom's occasionally break. Thus don't use condoms they don't work. Literal shill logic on this thread.

>tfw job site approved ladders are $200.

>miles long
Nobody cares how long it is, only how T̶H̶I̶C̶C̶ deep it is. A shallow long tunnel can be built with plenty of cheap equipment available to anyone, while a short deep tunnel requires substantially more expensive equipment that might not be so readily available.

Depth is more difficult than length.

>majority of aliens just overstay visas
Overstays are substantially easier to deport, as the government has information far more information on them than random illegals.
>15%
Closer to 25%-30%, which is huge. The problem, after all, is not simply the raw number of illegal immigrants; it's the ratio of incoming illegal immigrants to the rate at which we can deport them. If this ratio is less than 1, we're actually reducing the net number of illegals in the country over time, i.e. deporting them faster than they can come in. We don't need a 100% cut to achieve this.

If, for example, the current ratio is 1.25 immigrants come in for each one we deport, a 30% cut in immigration would reduce the ratio to below 0.9 and actually make the difference between solving immigration enforcement long-term or not. Granted, the ratio isn't this close right now, but we can get it this close by combining the wall with other measures.

That's not an analysis. That's you making assumptions after 30 seconds thought. And this is why these discussions of the wall are unsatisfying.

Also, "higher maintenance costs" is an incomplete argument. You need to compare the initial cost of both systems distributed over some portion of the useful lifespan, too.

Of course, the wall will be supplemented with cameras and patrols anyway. How much more extensive would the patrols/surveillance need to be to be comparable to a wall? The question is, how much greater or lesser is the cost of system that could be similar in effectiveness to a wall. Both viewing the U.S.-Mexico border and the U.S. border as a whole.

$18 billion. Without a reasonable analysis, the wall is a symbolic purchase.

A moat. Like Turkey is planning building along their border with Syria.

Source: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3172243/Turkey-announces-plans-build-560-mile-concrete-wall-spy-ZEPPELINS-watch-towers-moats-border-Syria-ISIS-bombing-kills-32-Suruc.html

Learn to Sup Forums man. You have the right attitude just relax and lurk a bit more. Fp is supposed to be best post.

>Without a reasonable analysis, the wall is a symbolic purchase.
No it's not. Walls work, that's why countries build them. All over the world. Israel, Jordan (Obama paid for it with your tax money), Egypt (both up and down to prevent tunneling/make it more difficult), Saudi Arabia, Spain, and on and on.

The wall IS the best option, along with increased drone surveillance, cameras, motion detectors, etc etc.

I like Saudi Arabia's planned wall.

Double fence, triple if you count the barrier between
Motion sensors
Towers
Surveillance vehicles

The Sauds aren't fucking around. They have the cash to do it right, and they are. Nobody wants shit pouring over their border: terrorists, drugs, human trafficking, illegal workers.

Calling it symbolic without an analysis and assuming that $18 billion isn't cost effective is just as disgusting.

Cameras BY THEMSELVES easily top $50 million; this is just for the cameras, ignoring the up-front cost of weather-proofing, infrastructure, and control centers; we're talking about over $100 million easily. This is just one of many tools required to achieve this level of effectiveness. Then you have to worry as the camera's usefulness fades out over 3-5 years, whereas a wall could stand for decades before having substantial issues.

Not to mention, there's not a lot of references for such a heavily patrolled border, expect maybe Korea, which, in most places, has either a wall or a shitton of guys with guns who literally shoot dead anything in their area of responsibility, a luxury Americans don't have versus the Mexicans. Hence, anything we do to improve security WITHOUT a wall isn't guaranteed to work to a reliable degree of effectiveness, whereas with a wall, we know what we're getting, its strengths, weaknesses, etc., so it's a safer investment.

This safety, of course, comes at a premium.

>Calling it symbolic without an analysis and assuming that $18 billion isn't cost effective is just as disgusting.

Are you serious? Shit. I'll just assume all gov't expenditures are fucking great up front and if they prove ineffective, tough shit because the default position on gov't projects should be blind support.

I'm happy enough to support a wall. I'm just looking for a firm basis for that wall vs. other possibilities. Til there is such a public and convincing basis, yes it is symbolic.

Stupid games stupid prizes