I've been hearing that the economical growth during Trump's first year is thanks to Obama's policies. But, is it true...

I've been hearing that the economical growth during Trump's first year is thanks to Obama's policies. But, is it true? Most of newspapers hate Trump, so I don't trust their articles on this, and in my home-country (Chile) many people claim this, being utterly false, in order to undermine the success of certain presidents.

Perhaps! the medicine only needed nine years to have any effect. Should my cancer drugs be so great.

The economy often lags, you don't usually see the effects of a person's efforts to steer it in a certain direction for years. The prosperity we're experiencing now are some of the lingering effects from Obama's economy, combined with the more immediatte aftermath of Trump's policies.

Blaming anything on one or the other exclusively is pretty blind.

Some of it is Obama and some of it is Trump. Hard to tell who should take the most credit. The most obvious Trump parts are two things: 1) Constant optimistic tweets from the President have some strong but hard to quantify effect and 2) The tax cut.

Most of it is. Trump's administration introduced very little to zero legislation that'd have an immediate effect on the economy. Unemployment continues to drop (since 2010), GDP (and per capita, too) keeps going up (since 2010), Wall Street keeps going up continually with a few setbacks once every few years (that's market for ya).

Trump's year hasn't been that good, pic related. We'll have to wait at least another year, at least.

The effects of the cuts won't be present in any statistics until at least January 2019. The positive buzz plays a minor role in employment etc.

>Trump's administration introduced very little to zero legislation that'd have an immediate effect on the economy

Well, sometimes the economy gets an influx of investments only because some people is more confident on the guy a over guy b. For example, again in my home country, the economy was stuck for the last 3 years, and after the presidential election it got a big boost just after the election, only because investors trust the next administration way more than the former. And the new guy hasn't even started!

The whole West is experiencing an economic boom. While American economic policy certainly plays a part in this, it's not as big as you make it out to be, and it's even less due to some single president.

Pic related

I think the rise of the blockchain as well as rideshare services as ways to earn money and reduce costs are the reason the economies improved not the politicians.

Obama is the one who started his presidency at the height of the recession. The Dow Jones was at 7,949 at the start of his first term and was at 19,732 on the last day of his presidency.

So it's been on an upward trend, and then Trump shows up spending half of his time tweeting, watching Fox News, or golfing, and claims he's magically making the economy better just by being there. The only major thing he signed as far as the economy goes was the tax cuts a few weeks ago.

Oh and oil fracking most importantly. Sure the fracking revolution occurred on obamas watch but his political party opposed it as they also oppose Uber and soon will oppose blockchain but crediting politicians for economic success or failure is deeply illogical imo. The politicians only supply obstacles.

>But, is it true?
Trump is just riding the Trend Obama created (upwards) unless he fucks it up the Trend simply will continue growing and every year will be better than teh last

Too bad the economy was going up from 2009-2016. So it looks like that cartoonist has a bad case of retardation going on. Tragic stuff.

The economy always goes into high gear when you propose and pass a tax cut for the wealthy and businesses. Understand though that these businesses will never be satisfied, next they will ask for another 25% cut on top of what they already have.

The current economic trend upward is a fucking BUBBLE. The market is due for a correction, and it's going to be an ugly one. All this growth in stocks is a fucking joke. If you read the business news all the experts, even ones who are certainly sympathetic to Trump are getting worried.

If China stops buying our treasury bonds we'll literally be eating shit in 6 months.

>2009-2016
>Economy Down
that is an out right lie

The fracking revolution which occurred under Obama and dropped gas prices, thus leading to our improved financial situation was opposed by Obama and his party. It is his failure and incompetence to carry out his policies that led to our good fortune not his policies

>So it looks like that cartoonist has a bad case of retardation going on
Branco is the cartoon equivalent to the holychild of Briebart and Foxnews

>tweets from the President

Just because your computer-addicted ass cares about twitter, doesn't mean the average voter does. Stop thinking that "meme magic" and "tweets" matter to people out in the real world. A lot of people use the internet, but social media is not as significant as you think. Go outside.

That's the same thing people said when Japan let its currency float in the 90s and it wasn't true then either. I for one would like it if China let its currency float. It would force something like clintons welfare reform which would be good for us. We need to cut state spending because we aren't living within our means.

Even, EVEN if what you say its true, that still means the growth is prior to Trump, and as I said he is just riding the wave and claiming it as its own, cause he has nothing else to boast off as hist 1st year is a total disaster

I just don't know what planet they're living on if they legitimately think the economy was going down in those years. It's nuts.

I'm not talking about "the average voter" or "meme magic" you fucking dumbass.

Economists and traders constantly look towards the president (as well as other signals) for what to do. If the President is constantly promising >4% GDP growth, economic revival, and other such things, the economy ends up doing better because part of it literally runs on emotions.

Kek, no, of course not.
Any retard who says that does not understand politics or economics.

That's absolutely true. Trump is also not responsible for the economy. Granted he did one really important economic thing taxation wise and that was accept tax returns from all the people who were g buying health insurance and couldn't afford the penalty who then were able to pay taxes and removing the threat of violence against people who can't afford inflated health insurance rates were good steps, the budget is still utterly out of control and the government policies favoring the non productive over the productive are still ravaging the American people. But any suggestion that turning left would alleviate these issues has no logical basis as far as I can tell.

Yeah but we weren't over 100% debt to gdp in the 90's. We don't have leverage to enforce the petrodollar system for much longer.

Cutting spending is not the answer to this crisis. The problem is that Bush, Obama and now Trump have lowered taxes on the rich and corporations while conducting global warfare. That's a winning solution for the end of an empire, just ask Rome.

I am in the process of taking my 401k out completely.

Obama's policies were a disaster for this country, it's common knowledge, I don't know where your hearing otherwise.

lol you stupid fuck, what a shortsighted understanding. Why did Obama come into office with $10 trillion in debt? Obama just continued the trends that Bush and Clinton had started us on. Learn some fucking history from before you were 13 lol.

I agree with you about warfare but I believe your claim about cutting government spending does not make sense. I don't see any evidence that one can spend what it does not create. The source of wealth is creation and the government does not create the wealth. Productive work does. Adding a class of people whose livelihood is the threatening of production in order to feed those who can't feed themselves can't under any logical standard I know increase productivity which is what GDP is, productivity.

Let's talk about productivity. Why is it that 99% of t the wealth generated by this country goes to the top 1% of earners, and why the top 1% of the world owns more than the bottom 50% of all human beings on earth?

you know that if you look into those "sources" they actually prove those numbers, wrong, right??

this here is Propaganda 101, just put some numbers, and cite "sources" no one will double check

Pretty much this.

Two positives for the economy we can undeniably attribute to Trump in 2017 were a constant push for less regulation and the continued promise and eventual delivery of corporate tax cuts. When businesses know they won't be facing higher regulatory costs and may even see a reduction, they're more likely to invest instead of sitting on their cash. When businesses know they won't be facing higher taxes and may even see a reduction, they're more likely to invest instead of sitting on their cash.

Businesses were making money during the Obama years, but they weren't reinvesting all of it due to fears of new costs from regulations and reductions in the money they could keep from taxes. They felt it necessary to keep a lot of their assets set aside "just in case". This has the very real effect of slowing GDP growth. Trump's economic numbers are directly benefiting from all of that money previously kept aside out of fear of government because there is now less fear of government.

If you check the sources you'll find the numbers are spot on, even those historians that liked Obama are now reflecting after he delivered on essentially nothing over 8 years (but somehow got a Nobel Prize) and now admitting that he is statistically amongst the very worst Presidents in the history of the United States.

IMO (((they're))) priming the stock market to crash in a shitshow worse than 2008 but not quite as bad as 1929.

No, it is not true. It is a tactic used time-and-again, used every president by the opposition. It uses the general public's ignorance to how the economy works to paint their own narrative.

This has gone on for at least as long as I've been around:

The economy under Clinton was Regan's doing.
The economy under Bush was Clinton's.
The economy under Obama was all Bush's fault.
And the cycle repeats, here we are, Obama's policies FINALLY kicked in, and will last for exactly the 7 years. Then they'll mysteriously end.

From 2008-2016 interest rates were at an all time low while trillions of dollars were printed out to pump the stock market up

We still haven't raised interest rates to normal levels in almost a decade. Also our massive piles of debt and unfunded liabilities is gonna start to bite us in the ass in the coming years

At least a part of it is a delayed effect from a period of cheap oil. Oil is basically the lubricant (pun intended) of the global economy.

Of course not
Remember that time when Trump got jobs back from Mexico, BEFORE Obama was even out of the white house?
Jobs that Obama said couldn't be retrieved?
Remember how he spit on the globalists and pulled out of the Paris accord redistribution scheme, saving america trilions of dollars?
Remember how he is removing 2 regulations for each new one?
Lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rate, fewer people using foodstamps, records being broken all around

The growth is direct result of Trump's policies.
Do you really think Obama had a magic policy that only took effect the moment he got out of office?
I'm more inclined to believe the growth is due to the 156 IQ guy who made bilions by himself, than the negro traitor who is more concerned about virtue signaling and diversity than actually helping the economy

I mean, what policy of Obama would even make this growth?