Ok so End of Evangelion was a metaphor for sex right?

Ok so End of Evangelion was a metaphor for sex right?

It was the story of a depressed, pathetic incel who got rejected by the popular girl he had the hots for, but then instead got laid by the meek beta female, which made him realize sex was overrated, so he threw the beta girl away?
Or was Asuka and Rei actually a metaphor for the same person?

nothing is a metaphor for anything. it's just a tv show

Stop making so many fucking Eva threads. Ask these questions in existing ones. And what the fuck did you even write.

Did we watch the same thing? If anything there's nothing in that movie that is NOT a metaphor

just give it up and enjoy it for what it is
all the metaphors are just in your head

I seriously doubt Anno had sex before making EoE.

What about after?

Maybe after he got married to Moyocco

>nothing is a metaphor for anything. it's just a tv show

Have you ever even watched a tv show before

He did, but it was with a guy.

I have. Have you?
If you want metaphors go watch some pretentious indie films about gay cowboys eating pudding.
Or go to a modern art gallery, they're full of fake metaphors.
Regular anime isn't filled with metaphors
go seek help, you might have schizophrenia

>seek help

Sorry you're mad about being a retard who needs every aspect of a show spoonfed to them

This probably sounds pretentious as fuck but I really think you just don't get it

nice try doubleposting or is it just your second personality or something.
Serioulsy, seeing some weird metaphors in a movie about an autistic kid who doesn't want to pilot a mech makes you autistic as fuck.

Funny how you called that other guy schizophrenic but you're the one seeing conspiracy doubleposts rather than just considering the possibility there might be two people disagreeing with you

now would be a good time to admit i haven't even wached the movie and i'm just fucking with you :'D
gg guys

I disagree with you and I just got here.

the madman

>storytelling isn't about anything but what it is literally about

You're really stupid.

Do you have autism? serious question

Of course i do! Who doesn't these days?

It isnt a metaphor for sex, but the other way around. All the sex symbolism is a metaphor for the connection between humans, which is the major theme of the series, because at least in a idealistic way , sex is the closest two people can get to becoming one.

Actually, i wouldnt even call it a metaphor, its very upfront about it.

Metaphor for sex? Possibly, however your explanation is completely wrong.

>however your explanation is completely wrong.
In what way? Is this even a movie of which interpretations CAN be right or wrong, rather than just 100% subjective?

Finally someone who understands. The whole series is about muh friendship. There's even an episode where a couple has sex but the important part is what they're talking about.

Well, friendship and how people use other people.

Stuff like how people use each other to keep themeselves afloat, how they blind themselves to this and how they treat other people, how people limit themselves based on ideas imposed on them.

Show is about interpersonal relationships.

We've been over this many times.

I mean any interpretation can be "right" if you support it with relevant textual evidence. Your interpretation(s) is clearly not supported by evidence. For starters, asuka liked shinji, but shinji was too insecure to respond in any way, not the other way around. He also thought sexual relationships between adults were disgusting and selfish. I don't really even know where you got the "throw the beta girl away" part from.

When you first said a metaphor for sex, I thought you were trying to spin instrumentality as being "sex" so as that him coming to terms with human relationships and him coming to terms with sexuality were one in the same, or something. Or that maybe you could spin the last scene as a metaphor for sex.

>He also thought sexual relationships between adults were disgusting and selfish.

Where you getting this from? When Shinji sees Misato getting fucked in Instrumentality?

I think what he thought was disgusting was the realization of how much of a whore Misato was in her past. I don't recall there being any indication that the guy fuckin her was Kaji, and she admitted to have thrown herself at guys in the past just for the attention. In the sex scene it's likely just some anonymous dude. I don't think Shinji would have reacted like that if Kaji had been the guy.

>how much of a whore Misato was in her past
Nobody gives a shit about this in EVA.

Uhhhhhhh Misato makes a pretty big deal about it at the end of episode 15 when she's walking home drunk with Kaji

And she implies the same thing in her speech to Shinji right before pushing him in the elevator in EoE

Eh, it was more so the having sex itself that he was afraid of. It could've been anyone in that scene, they just put Misato there because Misato is the main adult female in Shinji's life, and thus his main image for a woman who is confident in her sexuality.

You sound like you watched this show recently, and thus you were probably too old. It would've made more sense to you (thematically any way) if you were 13-14. Or maybe if you didn't browse Sup Forums as much.

>It was the story of a depressed, pathetic incel who got rejected by the popular girl he had the hots for, but then instead got laid by the meek beta female, which made him realize sex was overrated, so he threw the beta girl away?
What the fucking fuck op, didnt you understand anything? In the wagon scene with all 3 girls and shinji, its made clear that all 3 girls had clear feelings for him, and he never did anything because of his shitty personality. He then tries to shift the blame on them, only for rei calling him out on his bullshit "have you tried to understand us?" Because he hasnt.
He deserted rei and misato when problems arised without trying to help or understand them. Asuka noticed it and rejected him in the coffee scene, only to be nearly murdered after calling him out on the same bullshit.
Shinji himself admits to be manipulative later. He is gendo jr.

That is one of the things i think its the weakest in eva. Unless misato is lying, she only had kaji as a partner, although that with him she is pretty much a sex addict.
So misato great sin is to be a 28 y/o christmas cake with an ON/OFF boyfriend whom she loves to fuck? It isnt that bad compared with the other characters.
She does try to for shinji, but thats a whole different scenario, both of them are completely broken, and this time she is lonely. Her dying words are about kaji.

The first choking of Asuka have to be one of the best scene in all of anime. How first there is a call back in the dialog to the beginning of the movie, to then were Shinji freaks out, then complete silence for about 2 seconds, then you hear Shinji finally rejecting the current reality and all the hardship with it, with his exhale and, then when he starts to choke Asuka and the slow, upbeat but somehow sad piano start. It's truly phenomenal.

You are skipping a lot of this scene, but i love this scene. It pretty much summarize the characters completely, has a lot of raw emotion, the chocking is a very primal amd brutal act of violence and its overall perfectly executed.

>Unless misato is lying, she only had kaji as a partner, although that with him she is pretty much a sex addict.

I think it's pretty heavily implied that she has been with more men than only Kaji.

At the end of ep15 she talks about "depending on men" in when she's in an emotional slump and calls herself a disgusting woman that might have only been using Kaji in the past for that same reason.

She also tells Shinji right before she dies that she's "made the same mistakes over and over again in a cycle of empty happiness and self-hatred".

Hell, she's even a big enough whore to try to put a move on Shinji after Rei dies, and then try to use a kiss/promise of sex to motivation the kid to get in the Eva one more time

...so given everything we know about Misato's character, I think it's pretty clear that she hates herself for seeking affirmation and interpersonal contact through shallow sexual means

>I think it's pretty clear that she hates herself for seeking affirmation and interpersonal contact through shallow sexual means
This doesn't really imply a big number of men in her life though.

I don't see how any of that implies she's been with more men than Kaji

Shinji choking Asuka on the beach was a metaphor for post-coitus regret.

I just made that up, but I think I really believe that now. I think that's pretty solid.

Everything else I mentioned does

>I depend on men in situations like this
>I'm a disgusting woman
>I might have just been using you
>same mistakes over and over
>empty happiness and self hatred
>tries to fuck a 14 year old and makes out with him

hmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I think you face is a metaphor for horse shit.

It's the story of a kid growing up , learning to believe in himself and realizing he deserves happiness, that was the whole point of ep. 25 and 26.

EoE is basically the same, except Shinji rejects Instrumentality.

Can someone please explain to me, what's so deep about this anime,
I'm not trying to hate or discredit it, i just don't see the hype, it comes of really pretentious and nonsensical

Then there's her good/bad girl thing and the harsh divide between her professional and personal lives. She has a lot to say about the capable daredevil officer she has to be to do her job and dirtying herself in front of anyone that ever believed such an absurd lie. She almost wants to fuck Shinji as punishment for too much faith in her.

That's actually a very unique way of looking at it.

It's not that "deep." While individual scenes' significance can be discussed to death, the main theme is pretty simple (standard coming of age story).

The unique story presentation and strong character writing are why it's generated more discussion than any other anime.

You're missing the point user. The message is very simple and the finale even spells it for you
>Humans relationship are important even if they hurt you because of muh hedgehog's dilemma
Seems like you're just projecting your insecurities into the anime. Which I guess it is what Anno wanted too.

According to staff interviews it doesn't mean anything.

>incredibly impressive animation
>interesting, relatable, and complex characters
>vast and mysterious world-building
>solid thematic tale of finding one's happiness
>iconic scenes, visuals, designs
>great direction

Is it a little pretentious? Sure, but the presentation really is good enough to warrant it.

Its deep but also pretty straightfoward. The series can be deceiving because of all the religious symbolism (which is there just because Anno found it cool) and all of the internet analysis of each indivual scene and characters.
But the main theme and message is pretty clear. And you even also enjoy the anime on a purely superficial level because of cool fights and visuals.
Eva is as deep as you make it to be.

Please explain what you found to be pretentious and nonsensical about Eva

Asuka didn't reject Shinji

If your symbolism works in anyway its that Shinji and Asuka survive a global catastrophe ending rei's life and then need to procreate

SoL anime about shinji and asuka in post-instrumentality world when

That's deep user.

Besides the entire last 4th of eoe?
shinji as a character comes to mind. they swear his complex and relatable, but i just thought he was an annoying bitch.
I watched this last year and nothing about the story or characters really stayed with me besides that.

It is a character driven story. One the first animes to do so and hit widespread critical acclaim. The cast although not as complex as a normal human being, have quite easily some of the most well crafted minds out all anime, and most fiction in general.
The backstory is interesting and well crafted, with a lot of details.
The storytelling is unique and bold. Being character driven instead of plot driven, a lot of things arent explained and have the viewer either scrapping for explanations in extra material, or discussing the possibilities for years.
The creators dont bother to explain or answer anything about the show, so its up to you to decide when to stop going down the rabbit hole.
Finally the direction, visuals and animation are godly.

Shinji isn't meant to be complex, but he is supposed to be relatable to the otaku audience who constantly "run away" from reality just like he does.

If you just think he's an annoying bitch then shounenshit is probably more your thing

He's the most complex thing in the franchise. His entrance was him arriving to reject his father, while still hoping his father will say something to convince him to reconcile instead, while thinking of this father as a murderer, while secretly to himself knowing the truth about what happened.

Did shinji ever consider his father responsible for his mother death? Because he really wasnt. Yui dying hurt gendo as much as it hurt shinji.

He was torn between blaming him and believing it was an accident

It has no meaning, it's made so retards can project their insecurities on a shit pretentious show and jerk off with others about it

Asuka is more "complex." So is the plot.

>everything i don't like is pretentious

In the manga he blames him.
But the manga is trash.

He knows better, but isn't conscious of it, while still remembering the investigation more clearly. He isn't even really mad about it, he throws murderer in when he's already angry with Gendo for something else, like the dummy plug.

>that webm

god DAMN it's time for another rewatch. that shit's so good

Every time I rewatch it, I notice new nuances and how practically every frame of the show has meaning. Eva deserves all of the praise it gets.

I forgot that scene. One of the rare instance s where gendo actually dindu nunffin. And being blamed for it certainly made his mental condition deteriorate, which affected shinji indirectly

Gendo was just fighting fake news all along.

If you honestly believe that anything is "deep" just because other people told you so, you need to read a story called "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Shinji even looks older between the baby attending the contact experiment and the kid with the stretched collar left on a train platform. Stylism or was he not sent away until after the trial? What was Yui's son calling Gendo when he got home at the end of a day?

I'd love to hear some of your more patrician recommendations

Not him, but heres some: disregard all shitty evangelion versions. The only true eva canon is the doujin series of tengu