Does reading manga in paper format increase the experience in your opinion or it doesn't matter what format you use

Does reading manga in paper format increase the experience in your opinion or it doesn't matter what format you use.

this thread is pure autism even for Sup Forums standards

Please elaborate, what makes it autistic?

It does to me. It's more authentic and feels cosy, and also brings to mind the childhood days I spent in the library reading comics, manga included.
Sadly it is much too rare for me to get to experience it. I'm not exactly rich and buying manga is costly. Hometown library has a narrow and shit selection.

It comes down to personal preference. They each have their own merits.

An oled tablet is the only suitable replacement for paper and even then it's not perfect. However, a lot of stuff doesn't get paper releases so it's much more convenient to just read everything on a tablet.

Scans when?

Once I borrowed a locally published manga book, translated into my language. It felt so incredibly weird (I never ever read one other than on PC monitor and in scanlation/english).

How did they write the names?
Heppburn or local phonetics?

Local phonetics, because generaly the language's ortography is phonetic. Names from languages written in latin are left as is, but japan, chinese, sumer, such stuff with different writing systems tends to get converted into funny versions with all sorts of diacritics (speaking about czech).

Like, Šimura Šinpači, Kaname Čidori, Čio-čan, Sešómaru, Cumugi.

Polish
As far as I can tell,we keep the heppburn version.
Books have the names localized into phonetics like "Akutagava Rjúnoszuke" and stuff. But the name order is kept, since everybody uses the eastern name order anyway.

Only looked at print manga in the bookstore (they never actually have anything good) it felt okay to flip through it, but I am not a huge fan of it. I'd say my favorite way to read is on a good quality e-reader, it has the visual feel of paper which I prefer, without the hassle of keeping around giant Tankōbon or having to hold up said tankobon while reading for an hour.

I enjoy reading it more on paper on the same way I enjoy reading books on paper.
The problem is that in my shithole of a country we only get ultra popular shonen like Naruto and OP so if I want to read something decent I have to buy it online, which isn't cheap due to shipping costs.

I prefer reading physical manga but generally hard covers and Omnibuses with over 600 pages are a bitch to read

It increases your weeb and elitist levels as well as opening the doors to the hipster skill tree

>Shipping costs
Bookdepository m8

This isn't a isekai.

That shit takes like 2 months to reach my country ;_;

this honestly.

I feel for you man. But I get it after 10-12 days so I'm better off Still sad that it takes so long for you

I used to definitely prefer paper, until I tried a tablet for the first time, which is my go to format now.

I enjoy reading it more if I have a physical copy

I previously prefer paperbacks and bought lots of them because arranging it somehow make my room and house feel more furnished.
Then, I realized I hate hipster faggots who put books everywhere in their house and it is also a bitch to clean and clean around during spring cleaning.

Using tablet is my go to now after I donate most of my shit to the local school library. Most the stupid kids enjoy those as I do.

The tablet experience is further improved if you have apps that help you automatically download, arrange, bookmark and categorize all the novels, mangas and books that you enjoy. And its pretty enjoyable to read while listening to ambient style music, which a tablet make easier to do.

Can't go back to paperback anymore after that.

I've been thinking about picking up a tablet for some general use and wanted to put some manga on it for my downtime, do you download it to put it on and then open it in some kind of image app?

>it is also a bitch to clean and clean around during spring cleaning
Taking books off and putting them on shelves is fun though

Not if you have several hundreds of them.

You just made me remember that I will have to clean the 200 books I got over the last year.
It will be fun though

Damn. I'm sure you made those aspiring weebs at your local school happy, user.

I don't know where I found it, but there's a vacuum attachment like pic related. It's a giant air-sucking duster. I don't even need to move my books from their shelves, the duster takes care of everything.

My library (mostly inherited) has about 2000 pieces. I fucking can't gather teh strength to remove the dust from all the shelves. I wish I had 4-5 enclosed shelves instead of open ones.

Overall, I enjoy it more than digital, especially for the ease of flipping back multiple pages to review a past panel or chapter.
The one downside is artwork getting lost in the gutter. A lot of publishers run the gutter margins pretty tight, and unless you want to break the spine of your tank, you are left with a sub-optimal experience.

I think it feels nice, but unlike text-heavy books I don't think it's necessary.

I like paper, but i think the e readers or a good tablet that can adjust the whiteness is better, if you want great blacks oled is better.

Anything in paper form is more pleasant to look at desu.

Except this is a common and tired debate within literature.

That's actually cool. Slavic/Baltic language standards are far more suited for Romanisation than English.

It's already out on raw sites. Tall is Love, where are? And no, he hasn't fucked his sister yet.

I can get through paper format in a couple of minutes. Even if it's a bad manga. It takes me for ever with digital.

A weird conversation piece when the parents come over.

"Why do you have a comic book with a cover of a naked girl with cat ears and a tail, user?"

Sh-she's a wolf, mom.

How come?

>autism

This topic is always discussed in goodreads

Saying that literature is not about words, but about paper is an insult to it.

If you think otherwise, then we can split it: I will read ebooks and you will enjoy you empty notebook.

If you get an android tablet get Tachiyomi on github

Same experience. Bought a locally published manga from a serie i liked, but it feels so damn weird. The translation also want the greatest ever.

I use astonishing comic reader, if you put your images into cbz or cbr it's pretty easy to read on any comic book reader.

Not about the medium where i can read manga (paper vs screen), but i wish there were more mangas visibly draw with pencils such as OP.
Digital art is so soulless

I'm so used to reading manga on my laptop that it's hard for me to go back to a printed book.

What's so autistic about this question, mister normalfag?

first post most autistic post