What does Sup Forums think of technocracy

That is, a system where only scientists, mathematicians and engineers would be allowed to run for public office, instead of career politicians with law/economics degrees.

yeah zuckerberg 4 prez!

That's not what a technocracy is at all.

It's more like, "Farmers in charge of farming, doctors in charge of medicine, and a philosopher king."

Experts in charge of their field.

nothing woulkd get done, and people that run a country only with nuimbers in mind will eventually fuck up due to their own obsession with statistis, not having into account that we havce seen made up polls that are techinically true, it's almost as if objectivity in politics is not something that can be cahieved through numbers

I really want to play stellaris now.

That’s not proper technocracy. However, it would still be a massive improvement from what we have now.

YASS B. ELON YASSS LEET'S GO TO SPESSS

Stellaris is kind of like a huge pond, massive but not very deep. I kind of wonder whether I should start modding it or not.

When you put scientists in charge they start producing science that makes the cash and resources flow to them. IE, Anthropogenic Global warming.

It's an engineering failure.

Scientists need to be managed from the outside by someone who can properly direct them.

This. I don't want a goddamn PHD entomologist autist being the president. I would rather someone versed in business or politics that surrounds himself by a skilled staff full of experts.

Think of experts who are also good communicators as pre-processors for decision making. Their job is to fully understand and prioritize in their respective field then convey and escalate that information if necessary. The executive's job is to process multiple streams of information in parallel and optimize based on those inputs, overarching organization goals, and take action while weighing risk vs. reward.

Very different skill sets are needed between being a competent statesmen and STEM (not saying you can't have STEM jump the gap and be fantastic as well, but they usually stop being experts at that point soon after).

China has engineers in top positions and they are getting shit done... however it requires x amount of experience to be able to manage a larger group of people. However I will say I don't really have a good knowledge of Chinese politics but what I do know is that when they do talk about their presidents or higher up political figures usually they have some sort of engineering degree.

It should tell you something about economists that a bunch of engineers can completely btfo them in in their own game.

Awful.

Most "scientific" people are only smart in 1 field so you get a dunning kruger situation.

This is just reddit thinking

>"if science ppl ran tha world we'd all be saved1!"

china puts people with degrees and knowledge in high places. if they perform they get rewarded. if they fail they get killed. i wouldn't mind killing zuck

>how do we measure the strength of the economy
>build more bridges
hurrrr

>only scientists, mathematicians and engineers would be allowed to run for public office

what you think Technocracy is vs.

>immortal (((bankers))), automated robot armies, nano-bots swarms, mad scientists, inter-species Chimera

what the Technocracy will be

We don't let chemists write laws for the same reasons we don't let lawyers distill gasoline.

have they done the hyperlane only update?
Was not allowing full ship modding a mistake?

Eh, the AIs are already making most of the decisions, and your average normie loves it.

Your version of technocracy actually sounds quite cool. You know no matter the ideology technology will eventually reach that point?

Technocratic meritocracy is the true redpill

I've got a better idea. How about we let those scientists, mathematicians, and engineers do what they do best without government oversight, instead of making them the government?

Hyperlane only has been a thing for a while. What do you mean full modding? The issue of weapons in stellaris is that they’re horribly unbalanced because somebody thought quasi rts mechanics are a good idea.

Ad scientists are much more dangerous than mad scientists. At least you're allowed to shoot someone who's openly dangerous to himself and others.

>Your version of technocracy actually sounds quite cool. You know no matter the ideology technology will eventually reach that point?

Yes, which is why i won't be having kids. Once they figure out how to streamline the commodities production enough to fit in a DUMB, we're fucking gone. They won't care about how useful or smart you think you are either, everyone who's everyone is in the club already and they're not taking in new memebers.

All that was hidden is being revealed.

You'd end up with China. At least our politicians are too stupid to fuck us over completely.

sounds like autism

Sheit i dun want no scientist n shiet i want a used car salesmen

t. jew

Only someone who doesn't know scientists and engineers would think they'd be equipped to run a country. They didn't become scientists by studying history, psychology, politics, geography, geopolitics and philosophy. Many of them are outright retarded when it comes to human or political affairs.

What's up with redditors worshipping scientists? It's the classic 105-115 IQ ''smart-but-not-really'' -type of guys who FUVKIN' LOVE SCIENCE.

I’m in a biology PhD program.

That would be a fucking terrible idea.

>scientists, mathematicians and engineers

Most of us are autists completely detached from bydlo and each other.
Letting the most socially inept people to run society wont end well

They'd be too stupid to get away with theft, though.

What is DUMB? Anyways it’s highly unlikely that there will be a doomsday scenario, as the upper class is still dependent on the average joe for atleast a 100 years.

This is like people who think that the military running the country would be a good idea. The skills necessary for designing bridges are not the same as the ones necessary for administering the nation.

It already exists.

It's called China. They treat their population as workers, are already (secretly) doing genetic manipulation, are perfecting the art of omnipresent authority, and literally don't give a fuck how many millions of people they have to crush to Get Shit Done™

Chinese politicians think long-term, across decades and decades. American politicians barely think beyond the next election cycle. That's why the 21st century will be the Chinese century.

The university intellectuals also play an important role in carrying out the System's trick. Though they like to fancy themselves independent thinkers, the intellectuals are (allowing for individual exceptions) the most oversocialized, the most conformist, the tamest and most domesticated, the most pampered, dependent, and spineless group in America today. As a result, their impulse to rebel is particularly strong. But, because they are incapable of independent thought, real rebellion is impossible for them. Consequently they are suckers for the System's trick, which allows them to irritate people and enjoy the illusion of rebelling without ever having to challenge the System's basic values.

Because they are the teachers of young people, the university intellectuals are in a position to help the System play its trick on the young, which they do by steering young people's rebellious impulses toward the standard, stereotyped targets: racism, colonialism, women's issues, etc. Young people who are not college students learn through the media, or through personal contact, of the "social justice" issues for which students rebel, and they imitate the students. Thus a youth culture develops in which there is a stereotyped mode of rebellion that spreads through imitation of peers—just as hairstyles, clothing styles, and other fads spread through imitation.

>irritate people and enjoy the illusion of rebelling without ever having to challenge the System's basic values.
You mean kind of like a thot? Checks out.

Understanding law is critical to being a politician.

unironically, the only hope that sustains me is in the belief in the inevitability of some sort of machine god ai that will be slightly fascist

being run by (((experts))) Hell yeah, what could possibly go wrong

What if it ends up being slightly Jewish? Let's face it, the biggest immediate applications for AI are marketing, analytics and sales. Incidentally. that's also where the research money is coming from.

I'd be ok with that

>What is DUMB?

Deep Underground Military Base

>implying it can even get more Jewish than a consumerism democracy

>The executive's job is to process multiple streams of information in parallel and optimize based on those inputs, overarching organization goals, and take action while weighing risk vs. reward.
Is it possible for a regular person to do this though?

Perhaps it would be better for the executive to not be one person, but a council of expert in important areas? They could discuss the direction the country has to take, and then delegate tasks, ex. we need our own food supply, and leave it to a council of faming experts to make it happen.

redditocracy

Well once you get to Mossad levels of kike it kind of wraps back to fascism.

Teddy spot on as always.

This has more to do with non-democratic VS democratic system. Not about ''what is the education background of the leaders''. If the Chinese were democratic, they wouldn't think beyond the election cycle either. It's not a symptom of bad democracy, it's the built-in function of a democracy that popularity wins, and temporary popularity wins over long term effects (that can always be blamed on others).

Finland has an engineer as a prime minister and he's just as bad as the last globalist prime minister.

Scientists aren't scientists anymore. They are political propagandists that only "invent" global warming and new genders.

everyone is a politician to various degrees
t. engineer

How come Scientists, mathematicians and engineers could run society better? People aren't exactly a hard science.

BILL NYE FOR WORLD PRESIDENT

BILL BILL BILL BILL

>People aren't exactly a hard science.
What is political science?

What is social science?

Elaborate.

>If the Chinese were democratic, they wouldn't think beyond the election cycle either

yep.

Why would a scientists who is a researcher by definition want to conduct science?

so basically a monarchy?
farming minister in charge of farming, doctor minister in charge of doctoring and guilds to keep the economy balanced

These aren't hard sciences dummy.

>smacking a person over the head to make them angry or sad isn't a hard science.
>using psyops to make your enemies vote against their interests and for your own isn't a hard science
>there aren't any research enviroments
mhm... KYS yourself

I agree. I'm not sure why the world always wants one person at the helm, doing everything himself. A team of bright people would process information much better and see holes in each others' thinking

bob spinge

Lets say your a scientist gifted with an awesome brain, you deal with matters of the universe to the smallest of things, then you're gonna give that up to deal with the petty squablings of mere humans?

damn right

Sounds good, doesn't work, mostly because scientists aren't violent enough to enforce it.

People who would now study law in order to pursuit a political career, would then just study the easiest exact studie and be a politician.
The only thing that would change is the path.
In no time there will be a sort of social mathematics' course added.

As a mathematician, I think we need politicians with law/ economics degrees.
It cant hurt to have more STEM people in politics.
But that responsibility lies with the STEM people.
And a lack of them can not be blamed on the current people in office.
If you think there should be more STEM people in politics, then get into STEM and then get into politics!
or alternatively, vote on people that have a STEM background.

But dont forget that you need people who know about finance and law! because you are going to be needing money and law in your life at some point!

Het leven van een PhD is echt niet zo plezierig als je het nu doet klinken

>As a mathematician, I think we need politicians with law/ economics degrees.
You say this but it would be a nightmare. Economics is a full blood, meme, degree that makes many false assumptions on how humans act and they separate the economy from society as if they are two entirely different things. Lawyers would just know how to better Jew the system.

Cedric villani

>Zuckerberg
>Scientist
FPWP

I don't think it's a bad idea - it would be a lot better than having politics dominated by lawyers, anyways. It definitely wouldn't be some cure-all for government the way a lot of technocracy enthusiasts believe, though.

More people with backgrounds in science should be involved in government, but having government be dominated by any single group is a horrible idea, no matter what that group is.

Ongetwijfeld het moet een beetje dramatisch klinken. ;) Maar mijn punt dat jij bijv, liever blijft onderzoeken en je kennis vergroten, politiek is meer boeren handjeklap.

Diversity is key. And not (((diversity))) either. You get only academics in there and your country will be lead by an overwhelming majority of leftist atheists who think poor people are either oppressed or just lazy. Do you think they represent your country? I didn't think so.

No. Just because you are an expert on a small field of science doesn't mean you know how to run a government or an economy. That being said, it wouldn't be bad to have more /sci/ politicians. But if you want scientists to have more political power, make it easier for them to do research and integrate that research into government

The more I think about it the more absurd it becomes, can you imagine a person with all these productive thoughts and ideas just sitting there waiting all day till it's time to put his hand up or keep his hand down when it's time for voting?

Scientists are all batshit when it comes to policy, and they don't value democracy, preferring some sort of bureaucracy.

Law majors are the most balanced and stable of the bunch.

Yeah, we need more gender studies scientists in charge rather than idiots with bullshit law and economics degrees.

What do the president does?

How can we take any factor of that job, and giving it to the world leading experts.

>Have to be bothered with politics
>Make computer program to do it, name it Skynet.
>Back to my lab with awesome glass pots with
strange things in it.

>STEM meme
I'd rather have good communicators and competent politicians running governments rather than a borderline autistic engineering major.

>gender studies
>scientists

you know you can only pick one right? Those attributes are mutually exclusive.

Egyptian pyramids