Why is it so taboo to take money or gifts from your parents? Seriously, in American culture at least...

Why is it so taboo to take money or gifts from your parents? Seriously, in American culture at least, taking any sort of financial help from your parents after like age 16 or 17, everyone around you shames you and mocks you, saying things like
>daddy’s money
>silver spoon
>spoiled brat
Why is this? Why is parents helping their children so frowned upon in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8GvLKTsTuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who told you that shit? It's the fucking American way... Unless your a poorFag.

Put Nuvauriche oligarch faggots and their offspring against the wall and give them a cigarette

No its not the american way, it’s the way of any culture that has family values. In America if you take any amount of money from your parents ever, you immediately get labeled as the daddy’s money, etc.

I guess they're jealous. For me I'd rather make it on my own for the most part.

I've never been jealous of my richfag friends.

If people offer you something for nothing, you would be a fucking fool to refuse it. The only people who would complain or talk shit are the jealous and the bitter.

That only applies if you are white
Niggers and spics are jealous that it was your parents that paid for you, and not the state pitting your skin color

kike psyop for the goyim
they are supposed to give eachother free money and 0 interest loans.
not us goyim

>Why is this?
America is the land of the self made man. Inheritance is viewed poorly for the same reason welfare is viewed poorly, both money received that the individual didn't earn.

Not saying it's correct, but this is American culture.

Kike propoganda.
Look at jews. Their entire polish tribe supports each other and go all out Nepotism. That's why they're winning and not you mutts.

>>daddy’s money
>>silver spoon
>>spoiled brat

I wish I had that problem. Why is it any of our business what other people do with their money and their kids (as long as it isn't life threatening abuse)?

There exists a deep hostility in this country for people who were raised correctly. This is why niggers always bitch about "systemic racism." Whites are not systematically advantaged in American society, they are just far less likely to be raised by deadbeat parents as niggers. And if your parents raise you correctly, and impart in you a good value system, and eventually leave their money to you (as is intended in any functioning society) then you are not at fault for taking advantage of that situation, and you should not feel bad for being rewarded for your parent's hard work.

If it is free from
Family that's seen
You can just keep it
If you must beg
It's better instead
You must follow the etiquette

anyone who flaunts what was given to them is a pathetic faggot who need to be taken down a notch

if you dont flaunt it then its ok though, you shouldn't be proud about getting free shit

To be honest the cunt in the picture looks like she'd be annoying as fuck.
As a poorfag I'd say it's the smugness that goes with it. The rich ones like to pretend that we are on equal ground, and when they end up doing better it's because they are simply better (which may also be the case, but it's not the only contributing factor). This can be irritating.

>poorfag confirmed

Because relying on your parents for a period of time. Makes it so you don't have to rely on the welfare system.

Would they be allowed to squat?

jealousy

The ideal in america is that we are a classless societey. Obviously there has never been and will never be such a thing, but in the USA being considered upper class is taboo to a lot of people.

This is why in the USA if you talk to a kid who grew up in a 1.2 million dollar home with both parents earning upper 6 figure salaries he will say something like "pffft, no! We werent rich! You think combined income of $800k a year is rich? Look up the hill. THAT family made 2 million a year. THEYRE the rich people, we're just middle class!"

And that 2 million a year family will point to a 4 million a year family and say the same thing. Aside from a select few billionaires/high level multi millionaires or a few spoiled brats trying to show off you would actually be pretty hard pressed in the USA to find anyone who doesnt consider themselves working class.

Ditto for poor people, they can always point to a poorer family and claim that makes them middle class. In the USA nobody wants to be percieved as anything but middle class. Ive heard people whose families have a net worth of 20 million claim they were blue collar, and ive heard families that only make 20,000 a year claim to be middle class.

Class is something americans dont like to talk about or acknowledge.

Jealousy, what else? Everyone who is born to rich and open handed parents is blessed. There is no denying that.

>Why is it so taboo to take money or gifts from your parents?

It's not, you're just talking about jealous people.

Of the 5-6 richfags i've encountered in my life 1 was not a colossal asshole (in general not specifically to me) and he was a 40 year old dude who sued after some surgery fucked up.

Rich people are assholes. Rich people who didn't even earn their money are even bigger assholes.

this
this was a smash hit in the UK

this
this was a smash hit in the UK
youtube.com/watch?v=s8GvLKTsTuI

>t. poorfag who grew up with neglectful single mother and revolving door of stepdads

Oh fuck off, being humble is for faggots and people afraid of failure.

>mfw people tell me money doesn't buy happiness

Agreed. I have nothing against people having more than me, but when the guy whose millionaire parents put him through an ivyleague school then shoed him into a family friend's company starting at $90,000 a year after taxes tells me he's middle class just like me and simply is smarter/worked harder its pretty insulting.

I dont hate him for his parents having money and the fact they used it to provide the best possible outcome for thier kids. If i was rich and connected I would do the same for my kids. What I hate is being told coming from a $15,000 a year impoverished redneck family is no excuse for not becoming a millionaire by age 25 because im clearly just lazy and stupid.

Stable, large and unlike most americans, white family. Try again mutt.

People who say that typically havent ever tried living without it.

>why
Because leftists don't have parents.

My parents flat out discourage me from becoming independent of them. I told them I intended on moving out soon and their response was
> "why? You're getting all of our houses and shit when we die. Just stay here."
I complained about my job sucking and their advice was
>"fuck it, just quit. We'll cover your bills until you get another one."
I'm a 27 year old NEET and when my parents die I'll have more assets than most people who've worked their whole lives. Feels wierd, man.

Jealousy, and they are communists.

Communists are the only ones against it. They would rather steal your parents money and it take for themselves and their friends.

Mostly jealousy. However people can be spoiled if they're not taught the value of earning what you have and being grateful for it.

I met a kid who was about to inherit a rental property empire from his landlord who decided it was time to fuck off to an island and retire. Quite the opportunity he fell in to, and it looks like he kind of knows how to not screw up and loose the empire.

Go for it. And also wife up and make white babies so you can portion out and hand down the empire. A lot of family business and such just go bust or get run into the ground as the generations proceed; it's not quite the free ride some might think.

See, the problem here is bringing pussy home, and it'd adversely affect your social life. Not to mention you won't have any real control over the house until they croak.

>everyone around you shames you and mocks you
Waaaa. Take it and tell everybody to fuck off. It's really that simple

What he should do is work out a nice deal renting one of their houses, or buying it off them. Then worry about what to do with the rest when everybody gets old.

only poor people mock and shame you, get new friends.

Who's the broad tho? She looks hot af

Generally what seems to happen a lot is this cycle:
>poor parents raise kid to be hard working and an opportunist
>he busts his ass, takes risks, and capitalizes on a few lucky breaks and opportunities
>becomes comfortably wealthy
>neglects to impart the same ideals and work ethic into his kids
>they grow up thinking money is just a thing that happens
>they squander thier opportunities, lucky breaks are spent as soon as they come instead of invested in and grown
>parents die, the money gets spent but nobody is really doing anything to grow investments or create further opportunity
>they end up as has beens trying to emulate thier parents success by slowly leveraging the assets they were left for more and more debt

Not every time, some wealthy folks do educate thier kids to be successful, but an awful lot of rich kids just end up consuming thier inherited wealth and going into debt.

Because Americans must take loans from (((Banks))) like good goys, not shamefully hang on their parents necks.

Their parents have better ways to spend those moneys, like deposit them into (((Banks))) and let those moneys work for the good of the economy.

They are jealous. 100% of the time they are Communists as well.

We now live in a time where its looked down upon to appreciate gifts that are given to us, because waaaaaaaa muh less fortunate in the world.

>someone gifts you some nice clothes
BETTER LOCK THEM AWAY FOREVER TO NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY
>someone gifts you a musical instrument
BETTER LOCK IT AWAY FOREVER TO NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY
>parents gift you a car to celebrate graduating high school
BETTER LOCK IT AWAY FOREVER TO NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY
>christmas rolls arou-
DON'T YOU EVEN DARE, MOTHERFUCKER
>company gifts you a raise
BETTER REFUSE IT, THEN TAKE TO SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMPLAIN AT THEIR FUCKING AUDACITY

Holy shit, its fashionable to be ungrateful.

it's a part of the jewish plan to dismantle and destroy the american family unit

many parents, despite not having the need, kick their children out after they turn 18 to 'learn how to take care of themselves' or demand them rent

America's the true israel, I absolutely despise the place

It's only shameful if you squander what your given, if you can invest it wisely then you should be commended.

It's not taboo.

They mock you because they're poor/jealous.

It's an expression of an ingrained hyperindividualist attitude. Instead of seeing the family as a unit which is mutually supportive and gets stronger over each generation, entitled media teet-sucklings believe that not only will they become fabulously rich, but they'll do it with nobody's help. Just like their favorite rapper did. The ridicule towards people who's parents help them is a conditioned response which is sort of like how you can turn a feminist into an emotional wreck with a few key phrases and words.

There is no reason for children to go completely unsupported financially. Likewise it's not good to give them an unlimited budget. Direct their growth and make sure they build upon the family's legacy.

1 generation builds 2. Generation administers 3. Generation is useless and just spends 4. Generation lives in shit

Thats why its not good to spoil children

This. Im from a poor family and havent ever really been given anything except a reasonably functional upbringing. I have nothing against people giving gifts and support to thier kids.

However I deeply resent spoiled brats who squander such opportunity. A guy who gets a loan from his dad to start a sucessful buisiness is great, a guy who leeches off his parents and never does a damned thing with his life but squander his opportunity on drugs and roasties? Fuck that shit.

Are you me?

Moved out of the broken home I was in at 17 and never looked back

Pay check to pay check is a reality for me

So yes I am envious and jealous of people's lives thay never had to struggle and continue to struggle like I will until I die. I will never retire and my parents will leave me nothing. It sucks . So when I see a spoiled brat and squandered privilege, ya I get a little mad.. Sorry I'm only human.

My parents are boomers. I'll never have to worry about this. I'd say take what's given to you.

Yes. Check and see if mom bought the good tendies this time.

Sick track

Jealousy
not all parents are equal

Pretty well summed up. I have nothing but respect (and yeah, some healthy levels of envy) at people who had a head start in life, but I can respect them if they used it well. I utterly loathe people who just waste thier parents prosperity on stupid petty bullshit and rub it in other people's faces.

You seem to realize however that this basic reaction to thous who are more lucky than you is a fault however. In that tiny difference you are both far more noble then most and it also gives you a lot more of a chance to break the cycle and start a family dynasty that lasts over 9000 years.

Donald Trump's father worked his ass off, and gave Donald a $1,000,000 loan. He turned that million smackaroos into a multi billion dollar empire, yet people still to this day are crying about it. Its the liberal mentality, they dont understand what hard work is, or what it feels like to own anything. All these liberals have borrowed money and they only had the short term in mind. Im not rich in the slightest and I was gifted things that werent expensive at all, but everything Ive been gifted is priceless to me, and I'm proud to flaunt it. Never get in that liberal mindset, or let any motherfucker bring you down because you appreciate gifts given to you, expensive or not.

Hope you can make it out of paycheck to paycheck some day. I'm glad I went through the experience, but it's pretty big when you don't have to worry about that constantly, even if you're still not exactly well off or set up for some kind of retirement.

Mine were the same.

Lol if anyone thinks this is healthy.

Having more money than you ever need while doing nothing and having no purpose is like starting a video game with all cheats on.

Instead of not wanting to play you unironically want to blow your brains out

it's not, you just think it is because you are a stupid

Because the dominant American culture has always valued independence and self-sufficiency over titles and nobility.
It's healthy to shame people who benefit from our culture but don't contribute to it.

Americans tend to be envious white trash. Ignore anything poorfags say and shoot them if they annoy you. We really should bring old British customs like "tipping the lion" to the US to put poorfags in their place.

>monetary gifts
What are they, your uncle?

only applies when people brag about having money and expecting people to respect them fully as if they did it themselves.

The only people who say shit like that are poor and jealous or hipsters who prefer to live in squalor because it’s “authentic.” If your parents have money there is literally nothing wrong with them helping you out until you make enough money where you don’t need it.