Blame!

It's out on Netflix and has already been ripped by HS.

It was good.

Other urls found in this thread:

netflix.com/ru/title/80115466
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How shitty was the CG?

I've yet to watch it, does it have enough sequences of Killy navigating giant architectural landscapes with no sound other than footsteps and distant industrial noise?

Well it's not Berserk, but it's no Gantz.

>it's no Gantz
TAAAAAAEEEEEEEE

Thanks user, was busy playing game.

same animators that made Sidonia.

It wasn't.

That's a bit misleading considering it's a movie with a bigger budget. It looks a lot better than Sidonia.

Cibo needed to have been introduced earlier

It wasn't so bad. If you were able to watch Sidonia, then you'll be fine.

I don't think it has *one* scene like that.

That's disappointing, but not unexpected. Oh well thanks for the heads up.

Love it, although I hate 3DCGI, the story itself is enough to pull it through.

Why are characters named Tae always shit? That bitch was worthless.

It wasn't what I wanted, but I knew it wasn't going to be that. That said, it was better than I expected it to be.

No. They went for a more standard anime approach. It doesn't have the same feel of the manga, as far as isolation and surreal dark mood. The action was ok, but pretty tame by Blame standards.

I had no emotional investment in Sidonia though and went in with low expectations. Blame holds an exalted position in my personal pantheon of cherished manga and I feel I'll go to almost any length to avoid seeing it defiled like Berserk has been time and time again. My heart just can't keep taking this.

I don't think all CG is bad. There are just very few examples of good CG unfortunately. Blame! is one of those good examples

in the movie the GBE makes red laser beams instead of blue

Just keep in mind that it doesn't adapt any of the manga and the story is original.

never forgive

>Tae actually means shit in my language

Netlflix brought here so much plebs.
This shit was mediocre as fuck.

Agreed.

Its amazing how simplistic BLAME!'s plot is. But yet, the world building is so good that it spawns so much discussion about it.

I'm assuming you are a Bisayan/Visayan flip?

Was going to post the same thing.

>he thinks anyone is coming to Sup Forums from netflix
The ONLY people watching this are animeonlyfags and people who are already familiar with the franchise.

>Not Berserk

Already good in my book.

Close enough, still part of Jungle Asian.

Literally made for handhjobs.

Get it?

Its basically a movie adapted version of the electro fisher arc

It was good, and actually maintained the atmosphere of the manga pretty well

The next one should be when Killy ajd Cibo shift timelines

>tfw it was just a rewrite for the lame Fisherman chapters.

It was still good enough but it could have been much more. I was expecting a silicone creature to show up instead of Sanakanbut yeah I wish it was longer or something else entirely.

It was good for what it was, but if they do any more Id really like to see the silicon creatures and even Domochevsky, thatd be some good shit

This. Usually everything Netflix sneezes at gets a review on the AV Club. There's nothing about BLAME there

Guys, the president/CEO of Polygon pictures just liked my tweet shitposting about the movie. What do?

Cyberpunk Mad Max, whats not to like?

fuck off?

shitty adaption like all of polygon's series

>There's nothing about BLAME there
for now

Post the tweet

Send him dick pics.
Also tell him to do the toha arc next.

Killy is a manlet.

>tfw recognizing alot of those scenery shots from the mangas

Kinda glad he doesn't know English.

So are they making more or was this movie a one-off again because we can't have nice things?

Prototype.

>tweet
>vlc
You are the cancer that is killing Sup Forums

I'm glad they kept him the midget he always was.

Hue.

There will be a three hour movie next with just Killy walking through levels and will end when he has a glance of the silicone creatures.

How is it watered down when its almost basically the samebas the electro fisher arc

All they did was give more characters for the audience to relate to, and they werent bad additions either

>All they did was give more characters for the audience to relate to, and they werent bad additions either
how are you on Sup Forums

I made an account just like you, why?

>This shit was mediocre as fuck.
as compared to the manga? what exactly were you expecting?

You need to be 13 years or older to make an account. You don't meet that requirement.

I-it's not that he's short, it's just that everyone else is so tall!

isnt the girl from a different race of humans that are really tall

No she a robutt that wanted to be tall. So she made herself tall.

her original body is long gone

Funny how she got so smol later on

It's not real Blame if 50% of screen-time is not Killy walking through empty hall and corridors. 2/10

i'm not sure if you noticed, but the anime isn't starting where the manga did. in such a case they are altering the presentation of killy, and shifting it to bit players so that there will be a more relatable/emotional connection to the world. rather than being good or bad, the characters are necessary.

was it really good?

Its good. Killy was talking way to much though.

It was good. Just make sure you don't put it up onto the same pedestal as the mango.

tell him to make the dhomo arc

He had as sparse a speaking role as he did in the manga. He spoke maybe ten times?

he speaks less than 10 times in the mangho

Can't believe they made a movie based on a movie in Sidonia!

>relatable/emotional connection to the world ... the characters are necessary
Is it that you can't understand, or you won't understand?

In vol 8 he only spoke twice.

I've always loved the readouts Polygon used in Sidonia. Glad to see them back in the Blame! movie. This shit's my jam.

The visual quality could use some work, though. Hopefully the BDs give it to us in real HD. Also her hair's clipping with the gun here.

maybe if you use words instead of acting like an elitist there would be something to understand?

Compared to the fisherman Killy was pretty tall. And Cibo practically a giantess.

netflix.com/ru/title/80115466
Subtitles:
English, Japanese, Finnish
>Finnish

Are people actually mad that the movie isn't 99 minutes of Killy walking across an empty plate with 2 minutes of him shooting something once and then a 5 minutes sequence of him walking out of the dust into an elevator to go to the next level of walking?

Still a little bummed how they didn't use the kinda Native American aesthetic for them in the movie. But hey, gotta sell figures somehow.

Does it stutter a lot because of the CG animation or is it just my video playback?

Samurai armor-styled gear was a pretty nice touch I thought, and I don't even remember if it was like that in the mango.

Yes.

The manga doesn't have those things which you mentioned. Yet, the manga is enjoyable. You don't enjoy the entire manga in one sitting, but you still enjoy each sitting. You don't need a 'connection' to the world; that's a negative rather than a neutral. That extraneous characters are not necessary is proven by the existence of the manga.

Yes.

It was a little choppy in some scenes, but it's rendered in 24 fps. I noticed they used high shutter speed simulation (aka no motion blur) in some places, so it must have been intentional.

Besides that it was silky-smooth playing in the Netflix client on my 4k display. :^)

The "villagers" in the movie sorta did with their tribal hair bands and such.

>Besides that it was silky-smooth playing in the Netflix client on my 4k display. :^)

My nigga.

Why? Most of the chapters where it's just walking you'll finish in a minute or two. I doubt anyone spent thirty minutes reading one chapter, but having 30 minutes in a film where Killy does nothing but silently walk across a desolate expanse would be boring as shit at best.

That kind of shit only works in 15 to 25 minute short films.

Fucking yes, add Steven Wilson for the sound direction and you have me cumming buckets.

True, I did like how most of them had their own hair style. The moment of silence, makeshift instruments, and gathering around the fire being an "ancient tradition" were also nice touches.

So I can drown in the city's atmosphere.

that works in a manga, it doesn't work in an anime, especially where they begin in the middle. you're not going to like the anime, i get it, but this is the introduction and this is how they are approaching it.

Just turn off all the lights and close the curtains while listening to soft wind for 20 hours. There. Problem solved.

That's nothing like the city.

>soft wind
i think you mean industial background noises

Pretty par for the course nowadays.

Its not even a bad intro either, its incredibly respectful to the source material conpared to so many other adaptations

It honestly gives me hope they do more Blame stuff, they handled this movie well.

>while listening to Sun Baked Snow Cave for 20 hours on loop
Fixed.

?

So it's dogshit.