What is a government shutdown?

I have no idea what's going on pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdowns_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CP IS LEGAL!!!!!!1!

How does this work?

The government didn't get funding, which has to be voted on and passed, meaning that federal institutions aren't getting any money.

I remember some meme country had a government shutdown and literally no one noticed, it lasted fucking months too. It was like when Guinea or somewhere just fucked off their military and never bothered restoring it.

What are the implications of this happening in the US?

American politics are fucking retarded but from what I can tell it basically means that a bunch of useless politicians can't agree on something so they're basically saying "fuck this shit, we're not going to do our jobs until we get what we want"

Good thing the government's uselessly incompetent or this shit could be a problem.

It's fucking nothing. Happened multiple times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdowns_in_the_United_States

It happened a few years ago with Obongo.
Nothing happened.

You can do whatever you want because there's no government to tell you otherwise

Pretty much nothing. Some non-essential services are temporarily suspended, causing a passing inconvenience for some people. Disruption in pay for non-essential government employees is probably annoying for a lot of them.

So basically just like in Bayamon nowadays? Kek.

T. Leaf

It's true. All politicians are useless, but your government has been shut down under two separate Presidents back to back over stupid shit. Pointing out my flag doesn't change that.

It means it's the beginning of the end. Fuck Trump and fuck white people

Oy vey this goy is ruining our plans
Shut it down

A small amount of people aren't going to work or getting pay checks yet, also I think some parks are shut down.

sudo poweroff

So wait, full auto isn't illegal anymore?

DA GOVAMEN SHU DON DUMY HED!

gov employees work but dont get paid untill a budget is passed.

Yes
T. Not atf

I might as well pirate mp3 and games now

ANARCHY

More like PSEUDO poweroff, right comrade?

yes, feel free to shoot into the air, I hope you dont have a dog though

>I have no idea what's going on pls help
Democrats losing their shit

Theirs no police or firemen or anything currently. Brb, gonna go rob a bank

Oy vey

this border-ivan is correct, this is just further nonsense with no tangible consequences

>implying another wave of TDS buttblast isn't a tangible consequence

The police are state funded.

And then there are often county-funded and city-funded ones as well. And then there's the sheriff and whatever he might decide to do.

It pretty much means slight inconveniences for certain politicians and some people won't get their paychecks, but other than that, fuck all really