Muh show don't tell

>muh show don't tell
Fuck this. I want more exposition and linear storytelling. Where are the monologues? Why are there so many scenes without dialogue or translations for the sign language? How am I supposed to understand what the characters are feeling? Am I supposed to understand why there are so many shots of flowers? What's with the weird colors and editing? Deserved to flop.

OP confirmed for brainlet

2deep4u

>flop

its reeking money both domestically and internationally already. You cant stop this ride user

Raking, it's raking money.

fucking auto correcting keypads

Taking the bait. I get that you're used to Hollywood movies where they lead you by the hand and explain everything so there are no subtleties, so this movie might have been hard to watch. The real issue is that you don't understand Japanese culture, nuance, body language. That sucks for you, but it doesn't mean the movie was "don't tell."

They explain most of the sign language. They even explain the "I don't need you" line in a smooth way.

The fuck? There is literally no thinking required, characters flat out say what emotions they are going through and what drives them.

What are you talking about? KnK is as simple as the melodramas that Hollywood produces every season. The problem is: the movie is full of plot holes, and that's why exposition would be welcome.

Nuance. Shit. People love to see depth where there is none.

this. It's become a normie movie

It doesn't have plot holes, it has bad plot.

Yeah it was really good, I agree. Impressed me so much I watched it twice, probably will at least once more when subs are out.

Monologue only works when the monologue itself is interesting like, for example, Kyon's monologue
Shoya's monologue isn't even that interesting to begin with and most of them can be conveyed through the scene (I applaud Yamada for this one)

The characters become close friends for no reason.

No, they become friends because Kawai humiliated Shouya in front of the class, then realized whole class thinks she is a bitch and now she wants Eyebrows's cock, who wants to spend his life watching kids of his classmates bullied because as a kid he was bullied by people like Shouya who had multiple opportunities to make good with Nishimiya but he chose to be a dickhead instead and only after getting a healthy doze of bullying he realized it's bad, gee, I bet he wouldn't realize a piano dropping on your head is bad unless it hit him. And Sahara is there too.

I thought it was a pretty great adaption over all. The film was fine without the whole make a movie plot, although leaving it out did make the bridge scene a bit weird.
I'm mostly annoyed that they left out the scene with Shouko's mum crying at the funeral, I thought that was a much better explanation for her warming up to Shouya than the birthday scene was.

>How am I supposed to understand what the characters are feeling?
There are many websites and books that help with autism.

Incidentally, there's a scene where they spell it out for the viewer. I wonder what Yamada was trying to convey.

This was really sweet

That laugh is the definition of catharsis.

Are there any decent subs out for this yet? I downloaded that TT version but it's unwatchable.

I read it this way: They're all trying to fix what they fucked up by not understanding Shouko. Shouya is the primary culprit here, and also has the most sincere motivations. Of course, he realises that he's also using her for self-satisfaction. It's a common altruistic pitfall, where you place importance on others, but in reality it's for you, not them. This is what he talks about at the end of the movie when he realizes that he hadn't even apologized for what he'd done.

Kawai, Ueno, and Shimada are trying to fix what they had with Shouya. It's clearly guilt, which is why they get so frustrated when he spits their good intentions back in their faces, when he's actually projection a fair bit in that scene.

Sahara is like Shouya Lite. This is why you get that weird feeling when you see her fumbling with sign language and being friendly with Shouko. It's like Shouya's position was already being filled and he's just a third wheel trying to hitch a ride.

Nagatsuka and whatever that other dude's name is are new to the group, so clearly they aren't related to this fixing plot. Nagatsuka is clearly life-coach/comic relief, while the other dude is probably just the flame on the powder keg's wick with the whole anti-bullying thing.

What's I'm trying to say is 2deep4u

Ueno is lucky she's Mio.

why make fun of the deaf girl and not that other kid for being a midget

>deserved to flop
You have to try harder.

Sahara's whole plot arc is that she realizes she is actually attractive and ends up becoming a model.

Kawai has a very similar scene where she looks in the mirror and thinks she is cute, and ends up being negatively portrayed for it. She is also a total bitch and I enjoyed seeing her get cucked and Mashima.

I really hated how they tried to portray Kawai as a saint in this compared to the manga.

Broccoli? He gets bullied by the bitches in the manga

Voice acting and animation are 10/10

Subs are out. There's nothing wrong with Mashiro, just avoid TT and 35mm

I didn't really percieve it that way.
To me she seemed really manipulative; always starting to cry when she was rightly accused of her misdeeds. Everyone in her elementary school class, probably including herself, knew that she was just as involved as anybody else.
Shoya was just a convenient scapegoat for them to assign all the blame to. Notice how everybody in the confrontation scene in the elementary school tries to dodge/lie their way out of getting punished, she wasn't an exeption.
In a way she is even worse than Ueno, since Ueno at least is quite straightforward about her deeds, at least among her peers.
Kawai on the other hand tries to hide behind a wall of feigned innocence.

They could have cut Kawai, Ueno, and what-his-face entirely out of the second part. There was enough drama without them coming and making it worse.