Which Civilization Contributed Most to Progress, Greece or Rome?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanians_(Trojan)
history.com/news/history-lists/10-innovations-that-built-ancient-rome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Greek_Kingdom
independent.co.uk/news/science/china-terracotta-army-ancient-greek-sculptors-alexander-the-great-marco-polo-a7357606.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rome is a city you fucking filthy mongrel amerimutt mongrel mutthurt mongrel mutt mutt.

>dWZ8ei84

Rome is a city, which was the capital of the ROMAN Republic/Empire (until the Byzantine Era).

It was also an Empire you beaten child

nah, it was more like an aesthetic born from the fall of troy.

Shut up you filthy subhuman amerimutt mongrel mutt.

None of them. Both of them are irrelevant on a greater scale.

For reference:

Nigger tribe with 0 technology: lvl 0
Ancient greece: level 5
Rome: level 10
Modern culture (faustian, not related to the previous ones): level 999999999

There isn't a single invention still used in modern day science that was created by Romans or Ancient greeks. They are simply overrated.

Tfw Greek scientists and philosophers set the foundations if not invented about 70% of math and physic principles we use today.
>irrelevant
Wew lad.

Romans stole almost all their knowledge from the greeks. They had good engineers I'll give them that.

>There isn't a single invention still used in modern day science that was created by Romans or Ancient greeks.
the siphon
game over

Mesopotamia

>There isn't a single invention still used in modern day science that was created by Romans or Ancient greeks.
Caliper 6th century BC Earliest example found in the Giglio wreck near the Italian coast. The wooden piece already featured one fixed and a movable jaw.[12][13]

more: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology

APOLOGIZE YOU SWISS CHEESE

it's more like this though

ancient greece: 7
rome: 10
modern: 500

Except for the Latin alphabet, you know, just a small detail in that grand scheme of things.

Die you filthy disgusting mongrel subhuman mutt filth.
>Irishman siding with disgusting mongrels
Shameful.

Thank you, Germanbro.

Greek philosophy, literature, art etc + Roman politics, governance and society = Western civilization

Almost all non-eponymous medical/anatomical words and phrases have roots in Greek or Latin.

It's the same thing morlhine through times an unbroken thread, well since it was severed last time.! The thread is slowly weaving the tapestry of knowledge being rediscovered and put to use!

No, you are simply not well educated. Nothing in modern math is based on Greek or Roman inventions. Nothing in modern science is based on EUCLIDEAN mathematics.

Modern Science requires at least 3 dimensions (mathematically), Euclidean geometry only allows you to fully understand 2 (already angles on a spheric surface are impossible in Euclidean geometry).

Faustian mathematics works in N-Dimensions.

Doesn't matter

No, the Romans weren't technologically that far ahead of the Greeks, and modern civilization is on a completely different level than what anybody can imagine.

A nigger can understand Rome and Greece, an ancient Roman could never understand the modern world. Not even in their wildest dreams (being able to fly, kill the whole planet etc.) , not even the GODS in romand and greek mythology are capable of all the things that the modern (faustian) humans are.

The Greeks and the Romans both stole everything they knew from black African Egyptians and then claimed they invented civilization, Greeks and Romans were living in caves while Africans were building the world first civilization

We should region ban all amerimutts from this site.

And? Names are just names. A large part of the greeks and romans being overrated has to do with the language being used.

But their actual contributions to science are not used anymore, and haven't been since around the 1700s.

Mathematics in Greece and Rome didn't work functionally, in fact they didn't even have the notion of a function and they wouldn't have undestood it. The only numbers they had were NATURAL NUMBERS (no number 0) and RATIONALS (squareroot of 2 DIDNT EXIST FOR GREEKS)

Imagine that, they did not understand , that the diagonal of a square with sides 1 EXISTS. (people were killed for implying that it could have existed)

That's how retarded they were, so stop giving them credit for things they actually hindered (progress)

Read Livy. He makes the history of Aeneas and Latinus clear.

Rome was started by Trojans.

What a dumb debate
It's like arguing over who's dad could drink the most

kys mutt.

>He uses Latin alphabet
>"doesn't metter"

I'm not siding with anyone. Are you even European? You sound like a low IQ shitskin let me see your flag.

thats why I put their numbers closer
rome just did ancient greece on a large scale and its not as if they are really a separate people or civilization than the ancient greeks

romans are a greek tribe/colony that ended up doing really well, founded by trojans, which are basically greeks anyway

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanians_(Trojan)

>Roman propaganda still effective 2300 years later
nice.
There's no evidence Etruscans were Trojan

Both equally, greeks set the basis of western civilization and the roman continued them.

>Most to Progress, Greece or Rome

Neither. Iranians did. Why do you think Greeks burned down all of Iran's libraries? When you win a war, you rewrite history and take whatever you can.

Greeks are brown, swarthy subhuman looking people that lost to literally everyone on this planet and you want me to believe these "people" contributed anything to civilization? Nah.

what in this ancient D&C shilling thread
fuck off kikes you're dumb AF

Tfw you are an engineering student and just this semester you studied Archimides for Calculus, Pascal for Hidrodinamics and Aristotle for Chemistry.

I don't know what shithole you live in but we still use aqueducts.

let me just believe a nation with the world's greatest debt and smallest piece of land invented or contributed to civilization

Fair enough, but modern (faustian) is still way ahead of the other two, so much that they practically don't matter.

What's your point? I could say the same things to you in any other language, modern Science isn't based on Latin scripture in any way.

Obviously he is using Rome as a metonym for the Roman Empire you dumbfuck.

that is a stupid question
you are probably not white

i can smell your skin you iranian shitskin
as always lying and projecting

Archimedes is an exception, he was truly a genius. But still, he didn't use a different number system (and he woulnd't have understood what we use today).

Something like 2x3 didn't exist in Ancient Greece, it only existed as a product of TWO SIDES (i.e. an AREA).

and ? do you have a point you stupid spaghetti faggot?

>I could say the same things to you in any other language, modern Science isn't based on Latin scripture in any way.

That's a superficial argument though. Saying can be done in any language, writing is mostly done by using the Latin script, in most of the developed world.

Surely, that can't be just a coincidence.

>Not a single invention used

Concrete and aqueducts are two I can name off the top of my head. I'm sure if I dug a little further I could find plenty more.

> There isn't a single invention still used in modern day science that was created by Romans or Ancient greeks. They are simply overrated.

Pythagoras' theorem???

You dumb fuck toblerone.

The Irish obviously ?
No other music can make you sad and happy at the same time

literially it goes
>Bach
>Wagner
followed by in no particular order
>Wolfe Tones
>Irish Rovers
>The Dubliners
>The Irish Brigade
>The Irish Decendants

no, (you) are what he said

Fucking kys

Without rome, society could have easily taken another thousand years to develop into the modern age.

Science and technology could not have happened without the concept unified territory and citizenship like rome.

Leave the homeland

>Something like 2x3 didn't exist in Ancient Greece, it only existed as a product of TWO SIDES (i.e. an AREA).
do you really think that, fuck you're dumb

I don't get this identification with Greco-Roman culture so prevalent in White Supremacist ideology.

1) Europe laid siege to the Roman empire twice
2) The Eastern Orthodox church had closer relations with the Arab world than it did with Western Christianity
3) Western Europe did nothing while Constantinople was captured by Ottomans because it wasn't profitable

It's like American's think the Romans guarded Europe against the Islamic hordes, when Europe stabbed the Romans (Byzantines) in the back on more than one occasion, in the pursuit of wealth.

Romans were Doric

prefer to identify with jewish marxism instead ?

I could explain to you everything that you know in any language used on this planet, with exception of maybe some retarded ones that don't get updated anymore. Latin itself being one of them btw.
What you haven't even considered, is that latin scripture itself, could have been "stolen" from elsewhere (despite being changed many times over the years). So it matters even less.

Euclidean geometry only works in 2 dimensions. Look up Euclidean geometry vs Hyperbolic Geometry vs Riemannian Geometry (what we do today, aka FAUSTIAN mathematics in N-dimensions)

Modern cities don't use aqueducts. And concrete is nice , but the people creating it wouldn't have understood what they did thouroughly anyway.

AYYE LEMME TELL YA, NAHW LEMME TELL YA SON BOUT WHEN MAH GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRAND PAP FELL ON AN GINGER HOOKER IN MISSISSIPI AND KNOCKED ER UP WITH HIS SLIT JEWISH DICK MAYNE. PURE IRISH HERITAGE MA NIGGA

I already destroyed you

Culturally Greece, geopolitically Rome.

Greece created western civilization, Rome spread it and allowed it to flourish.

It is like that, functions and symbolic mathematics did not exist in ancient greece and also only very limited in Rome.

To understand what I'm talking about , you need to understand the difference between euclidean geometry and FUNCTIONAL ANALYTIC geometry (what you use today everywhere).

And also understand that Greeks and Romans did not have ANY NUMBER SYSTEM, they only used NATURAL numbers ( negative numbers including 0 didn't exist for them as they do today, they were able to subtract obviously though)

I'm from atlantic Canada nigger
theres my flag for ya

You stupid fucking retard, have you ever read a book?

That's not true, nothing that is used in modern science is based on roman achievements or greek achievements.

In fact, most of their achievements were actively an HINDERANCE to progress and new ideas. Because while they worked, they also restricted you and didn't allow you to think about things taht you couldn't visually grasp.

it was illegal for my family to keep speaking Gaeilge where I'm from and they were beat by their teachers if the spoke it. So don't tell me I'm not Irish Mick

what did persians invent then?
it's clear what the greeks and romans did, and there were numerous inventions made during their rule that did not come from persia

as stupid as saying let me just believe a nation that got overrun with muslims invented or contributed to civilization

are persians still this butthurt over the greeks kicking their hairy butts thousands of years ago?
why dont you become zoroastrians again?

>There is so much inventions that we got from Rome

history.com/news/history-lists/10-innovations-that-built-ancient-rome

nothing of that is substantial or relevant in modern science

You can't seriously be this dumb. The entirety of western history for the past two millennia has been a series of so-called successor states to the Roman Empire spouting "WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIET".

But it was a landmark precursor to these later advances.

Faulting the ancient Greeks for not knowing functions, irrational numbers, and calculus is like getting angry with King Harold for not fighting the Battle of Hastings with AK-47s.

You dumb fuck toblerone nigger.

>What are CALENDARS

you fucking idiot

they are not you subhuman german

Calendar isn't?

how do you justify this slide i found ?

kek
didn't you guys like raid their lands for wives n shiet?

Canada? Isn't that like, a city in the US? I'm not sure, maybe a mutt can teach me. Also,
>beaten for speaking Gaeilge
Mutted

All the main roads in Great Britain started as Roman roads. Concrete, aqueducts, etc. Go choke on a cuckoo clock you enormous faggot.

id be all behind your posts to me if it was at an american, but ya know youre being a nigger cause you thought i was a nigger

Im your cousin face it faggot

I am a Greek

book?
>whaat's taht ?

No. Irrational numbers are not AK-47. Not even close. It just shows how savage these "high cultures were".

And it's not just irrational numbers. They also didn't understand simple series.

Look up ZENOS PARADOX, which isn't actually a paradox, it just illustrates how LIMITED these civilizations were and what they were not able to do.

And they also aren't precursors. The precursor to modern science was

1. the usage of number 0 (enabling functional analysis and also defining number system s properly)
2. the usage of 10-adic number system (decimal)
3. the concept of infinity (enabling functional analysis and N-dimensional mathematics)

And these things weren't invented in Rome or Ancient Greece, they came from outside.

its too late
you should sleep instead of writing with Sup Forums retards

sorry heres the slide

Of course irrational numbers are not AK-47s, that's why it's called a metaphor you dumb fuck.

My point still stands.

What point?

>1 post by this ID

Toblerone nigger just got BTFO

Go milk ur goats Fritz.

The one you attempted to respond to?

Might wanna scroll up and re-read u amnesiac goat-herder

it's popular science

calendars are for normies kys

great britain achieved great things, but those things have nothind to do with the romans , or the greeks

generally all european countries, especially Italy , achieved a lot in Faustian sciences, but this has nothing to do with ROMAN or Greek culture

no it doesn't you are completely clueless about mathematics

they haven't , most proofs by ancient greeks were not really proofs and had to be fixed by modern mathematicians to make sense in a modern setting

and also they never actually achieved anything notable mathematically compared to what we have today

comparison:

Nigger tier: no mathematical formalism, no basic geometry etc.
Greek/Roman tier: no mathematical formalism, EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY (2 dimensions fully, 3 dimensions touched but not fully) , no number 0, no concept of infinity , no higher abstraction
Faustian tier: infinite mathematical formalisms, geometry in INFINITE DIMENSIONS, usage of "nothing" and "infinite" , abstraction that surpasses nature (nature is discrete, modern mathematics is continous)

you might think that greek/roman was the first step , but in reality the first step was the introduction of number 0 and 10-adic system (decimal) , and greek/roman were simply inferior systems that have no use in modern science

india is always left out of these discussions
ancient india invented many things

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries

and vedic math is quite efficient and used in computing because it takes less steps to arrive at the answer

also there's a large number of western european fairytales that seem to borrow from earlier indian ones

the pachantnatra has a bunch of fables that are the same as greek fables, but it's not clear which came first since there was some cultural exchange

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Greek_Kingdom

Lol we get it ur a genius, too bad the ancient greeks missed out on you.

Such a genius u take metaphors literally.

Lol

>faustian science
what

> hahahaa it was just a metaphor BROO

fuck off you literal brainlet

and keep believing that romans and greeks actually mattered

are you even serious, google is just pounding your ass
>no 3D
conic sections

>Whites.
>Civilisation.
Hahaha.

To fully understand 3D , requires Hyperbolic geometry or higher. Why do you post if you are completely clueless about basic mathematics?

Why don't you re-read the comment, watch out for the word "like" comparing the two concepts, then look up the definition of metaphor. Then get back to me genius.

Good luck with that.

I'm not gonna bother with you anymore, I don't think you know anything that matters for this thread and just want to make yourself important.

Stfu and help yourself to the door you literal abo

chang

independent.co.uk/news/science/china-terracotta-army-ancient-greek-sculptors-alexander-the-great-marco-polo-a7357606.html

and the chinese of today are nothing like the ancient dynasties

Jesus Christ ignore the swissfag hes obviously trolling, no one can be that retarded..

Pakistan bro?

Have to go with Rome. Yes, Greece started much of it, but it took the Romans to spread it and give it endurance long after Classical civilization collapsed.

This autistic toblerone faggot is just butthurt the greeks were not as intelligent as him. He's probably wondering why they didn't use iphones too.