Asteroid the size of Burj Khalifa is heading towards Earth

A “potentially hazardous” asteroid, larger than the world’s tallest building, is heading towards Earth at a speed of 76,000 miles per hour.

Asteroid 2002 AJ129 will fly past Earth on February 4, coming within 2.6 million miles (4.2 million kilometers) of our planet, according to NASA.

rt.com/news/416518-asteroid-burj-khalifa-earth/

No one won in the end except a rock from space.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BKKg4lZ_o-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fly past Earth
Fly past. Not slam into. Big difference.

What if it changes course?

We can only hope

from your own source

>The high flyby velocity is a result of the asteroid's orbit, which edges very close to the sun. Despite this, NASA states categorically that there is no threat of a collision with our planet.

>"We have been tracking this asteroid for over 14 years and know its orbit very accurately," said Paul Chodas from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

>“Our calculations indicate that asteroid 2002 AJ129 has no chance – zero – of colliding with Earth on February 4 or any time over the next 100 years."

sage

Thank god we're spending billions on reducing carbon emissions as opposed to asteroid detection/deflection/destruction tech.

Every time you are reminded about meteors or Aliens from now until the upcoming indictment openings, I want you to remember that John Podesta is a blood sucking pedophile and that he along with Obama, Hillary & Co. and the rest of the establishment will fake these events ala Project Bluebeam to get away from justice.

Every time you are reminded about meteors or Aliens from now until the upcoming indictment openings, I want you to remember that John Podesta is a blood sucking pedophile and that he along with Obama, Hillary & Co. and the rest of the establishment will fake these events ala Project Bluebeam to get away from justice.

What if OP forgot to put his leaf on?

I bet it slams into California.

Thank Soros, end this shithole already so I can laugh at Christ fags when we meet Mohammed.

youtu.be/BKKg4lZ_o-Y

Kek space dildo isnt going to save you this time humaynes.

Nvm. Slow death to the humaynes now.

Unlikely. Keep in mind that anything moving in space cannot be stopped or change course unless either another object hits it and the force from the collision changes its course, or the object is gravitated towards another object.

If we had reduced carbon emissions when we had the chance we could have had asteroid defense forces by now. Sabotaged by Big Oil again!

Bump for this

moon is 200k miles away. who cares. an asteroid came between the earth and moon a few months ago. this stuff only gets pushed at certain times when it has manipulative value against the public

>will fly past Earth on February 4, coming within 2.6 million miles

>coming within 2.6 million miles
The moon poses more of a threat to the earth.

I think we have a pretty good grasp on the moon's tendency to orbit regularly rather than smack in to the earth. Unlike shit that comes flying out of apparently nowhere.

Vishnu protects the earth

>2.6 million miles
>potential hazard
How? It's already been said it won't collide or even come close to colliding.

asteroids take hard turns all the time

>Asteroid is heading towards Earth
PLEASE
Put us out of our misery

>
>Unlike shit that comes flying out of apparently nowhere.
>the entire universe beyond the Earth-Moon system
>apparently nowhere

>It's already been said it won't collide or even come close to colliding
it doesn't need to
It just needs to get near our orbit to affect magnetism an sheeeit

WE WUZ MAGNETS

Lol. Not true.

>Put us out of our misery
Educate yourself. Develop a propulsion system capable of efficiently and reliably leaving the earth and capturing near earth asteroids. Drive the rock into the surface of the earth. Become the change you wish to see in the world.

It would break up in the atmosphere and the resulting piece would either disintegrate or form small craters the size of a smart car.
Also it wouldn't go straight through the atmosphere, our gravity would sling it a bit so the hang would time would increase which would decrease it's devastation if it even makes to us.

>I have no sense of humor
Look. It's an RT article hyping up potential danger of a ZOMG SUDDENLY ASTEROID. Now, why do you suppose the clever Russian hackers would do that?

Slow news day? Everybody else is running the story? Sure, maybe.

But the underlying effect here is to shape popular opinion in such a way as to make it seem normal that we're getting near misses by potentially destructive things that we somehow didn't know about or didn't say anything about until they were almost here or had already passed by. So there's potentially a bit of bantz here about how much of a handle who has on what's going on out in space, and to prep popular opinion for further public actions, be it the alleged erection of better observation facilities, or an increased need to start letting more secret space stuff be known.

Then it's a fucking space ship and we're getting enslaved by the ayyys.

Explain what the difference is, with sources please

>the alleged erection
Fucking Russians are hacking everything.

My anus isn't prepared for this

The fuck are you talking about?

I believe it's evidence that Trump colludes with the Russians.

>Explain what the difference is
Imagine you're strolling through sunny London when a friendly muslim immigrant decides to give you free acid. He flings it at your face and it fails to make contact with your hideous visage and instead sails past you harmlessly. The next day RT reports that you narrowly escaped enrichment and a Andean shitposter comes to Sup Forums and insinuates that it's happening.
>sources please
My ass.
t. Graduate of BSU.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

moohaaammed that is insane talk.

I guess vegans are still the cucks now huh

Sweet Maximum Overdrive reference.

Will we get a cool light show?

"A killing bolt will shine in the sky but not kill"

DEFLECTOR SHIELDS AT 100% AND HOLDING, SIR.