What is your opinion of waifubaits?

What is your opinion of waifubaits?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/aK6sA3rP_7vJQmb56WDUiQ/
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/155298254/#155361802
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/155298254/#155359134
vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1818.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A good way to guarantee doujins, which is a plus in my book.

It's just a smokescreen to distract from an otherwise forgettable or even outright shit show.

There are plenty of shows out there that center on characters and not on plot.

If a show is going to center on plot, the plot better be good. Likewise, if a show is going to center on characters, or 'waifubait', the girls better be good. The only thing that matters in the end is how much you enjoy watching it, and enjoyment can come from many different aspects.

are you insecure?

lol, Sup Forums sucks

Quoting this again just in case someone still questions legitimacy of Subaru's love for Emilia.
>Thinking about her filled him with life and energy. Emilia was what kept his urge to flee in check.
Without Emilia, Rem would have died from the dog's bite and Subaru would never bother to save her.

it's witch fuckery and nothing more

Isn't that after he jumps the cliff?

Yes.

This doesn't prove anything. He saves Rem by jumping off the cliff because he realized that they are actually good people who would hold his hand if he panics in sleep and not because of half elf slut.

Now this is bait.
He just outright thinks that the only reason he wants to continue and not flee is because of Emilia.
That he also thinks well of the siblings afterwards is because of the hand holding.

So it's after he already decided to not let Rem die to the dog bite

you were implying that he jumped off the cliff because he wanted to stay near Emilia what is not true

So it's snowballs and a lap pillow

Subaru did care about the twins but Emilia was the main reason why Subaru wanted to stay in the mansion and save Rem. Without Emilia, he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure from the twins and would instead stop trying again.

I'm not the same person but that person is correct and you are wrong:

>Thinking about her filled him with life and energy. Emilia was what kept his urge to flee in check.

>but Emilia was the main reason why Subaru wanted to stay in the mansion and save Rem
I think you misunderstand something. Before Subaru knew that Rem and Ram are good people he stayed because of Emilia but he jumped off the cliff to save Rem because he cared about the twins mainly and not because of Emilia.

He literally said that he wants to save Rem and Ram because he cares about them and not because he wants to stay near Emilia.

I think this implies that even if he knew they were good people and wanted to save them, he wouldn't have been able to handle the pressure to actually go through with it if not for fun times with Emilia. Even then he was still on the verge of breaking down.

He literally just said:

You literally can't read, you illiterate retard.
If he literally didn't care about Emilia and literally didn't want to stay with her, he literally wouldn't have saved the twins, no matter how literally good people they are, even if that's not literally true.

Nah that quote is after Emilia's lap pillow scene so it is referring to Subaru's inner thoughts after the cliff jump.

>jumps off the cliff screaming that he likes the twins and wants to save them
>he did it mainly because he wanted to stay near Emilia!!
how is it to be that retarded?

They hog the spotlight for little reason

The reason he wanted to save them was of course Rem and Ram themselves. The reason he actually managed to go through with it instead of giving up was because of Emilia.

He jumps off the cliff and just says that he keeps on continuing this charade because Emilia's keeping him there, you dumb shit.

What else does Rem offer Subaru? Exactly.

Motivation and courage to improve himself and to keep going and she's the only one he can be himself with. Exactly.

Is there a translated LN/WN for the scene where he jumps off the cliff?

Mostly because Rem saw through him and she's actively pursuing Subaru. It's only normal to be more open towards someone that is open to you.
I don't know why it's so hard for you retards to get it, Emilia and Rem are different people, they also have different relationships and levels of relationships with Subaru.
It's only normal he won't act like weakling with Emilia and it's only normal he'll let himself go with Rem, that doesn't mind.
It's the difference between talking to a family member that knows how to listen and talking to a family member that interrupts you, is judgemental and finds you a nuisance. Who will you choose to talk to if you need to vent?

No one even asked, this thread was just about waifubaits. OP just happened to use a picture of Rem. Fuck off and stop trying to trigger people into waifu wars. You Re-Zero fags are cancer.

Why are you trying to explain it? It doesn't change the fact that he's not comfortable with Emilia enough to be himself near her.

>Motivation and courage to improve himself and to keep going
Emilia gives Subaru's motivation to become her knight to protect her and everyone else so.
>Subaru: It’s okay if I don’t get her to understand. I want to help Emilia now. I want to bring Emilia out from the future of harsh suffering that awaits her and I want to take her into the future where everyone can smile.

>she's the only one he can be himself with.
c Also as Ram suggests in arc 6, all of Subaru's devotion to Rem could be fake as he may only want to get into her pants so we would have to wait until the potato wakes up to see if Subaru does have feelings for her.

>Emiliafags actually think that

>Listening to Ram
Your first mistake was there, she doesn't know shit. Also that was the loop where everyone became violent, but Subaru was angered enough by that statement to use Sloth on her

>all of Subaru's devotion to Rem could be fake as he may only want to get into her pants so we would have to wait until the potato wakes up to see if Subaru does have feelings for her.

>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]

>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see..

>desuarchive.org/a/search/image/aK6sA3rP_7vJQmb56WDUiQ/
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind
>Rem could be fake as he may only want to get into her pants
Of course Ram would consider something like that but as a reader you should know he doesn't think anything of the sort when he's with her.

And then he grows past it. His attachment to Emilia in the previous arcs was superficial, and as Arc 3 showed, it was to follow isekai tropes. Emilia was his main heroine, but did he ever look past the surface? He never did, all he knew was that she was kind, pretty, silver haired (his fetish btw) and had a pretty noble goal (muh equality). It was only in arc 4 that he decided to make a real relationship with her, and he still got his shit kicked in by Otto because he was still placing her on a pedestal.
Adding to the fact that she had to be damage control kissed, and also how he responded to Emilia when she told him that she would take him back and also how he felt like he stated that it would take more then 2 years to get ready for a relationship with her, you'd have to twist information in order to push Toyota and Emilia together

>Ram
>is obsessed with the clown cock
>willing to die for the clown cock
>when she died from the clown cock she was even happy
Using her as a example doesn't make any sense.

Because you guys think that's an argument when it's not. You won't talk to your friends about everything and you won't talk about certain subjects with all of them.
It's called having some social skills. If you're trying not to fuck yourself over socially, you tend to not want to antagonize or scare people.
He at least understands that pushing himself over Emilia will end his chances with her.

Reminder that Ram will chew Subaru out

>she doesn't know shit
> you should know he doesn't think anything of the sort when he's with her.
Explain what is wrong with her accusation then. Last I checked Subaru was still a two timer, which is what Ram seemed to suggest so what she said is not off the mark at all.

2d girls are inherently waifu bait because they're superior to 3d trash

>He at least understands that pushing himself over Emilia will end his chances with her.
Ehm, so you're saying that if Subaru showed her that he's not as strong as he pretends to be and that he suffers a lot that she'd tell him to fuck off? A fucking great relationship!

I'm a Remfag but come one you're going waaay off topic here.
Does Emilia ever complain about him not opening up to her?
That he may just want to get into her pants?
Considering his thoughts are relatively clean of any sexual desires in the first place, he clearly has things other than her body in mind when he thinks of her.

When I think of "anime with plot" now, I think of edgy chuunishit.

Why? If anything she is the only one that knows what "loyalty" in love really means so her voice and opinions would be the most legitimate when it comes to that subject. Ram knows what it means to be loyal to someone she loves so she can see through Subaru's bullshit as he claims to be loyal to her sister.

>Does Emilia ever complain about him not opening up to her?
>implying she can see through his mask

>And then he grows past it.
He didn't "grow past" anything, he is still pursuing Emilia, she's the one at fault for being so ignorant that he can't push further.
>Adding to the fact that she had to be damage control kissed
Already had this argument once, and your side isn't winning it. There's nothing wrong in Subaru comforting her and showing her that he loves her.
>and also how he responded to Emilia when she told him that she would take him back
Do what now?
>and also how he felt like he stated that it would take more then 2 years to get ready for a relationship with her
Yes, just to fix shit with Rem.
>you'd have to twist information in order to push Toyota and Emilia together
I'm not twisting anything, it's hard to believe we read the same WN if you think Emilia doesn't have a chance and that Rem has won or something.
From what I remember, there are 11 arcs to the WN, and we're barely swimming about halfway or something in arc 6.
>Ehm, so you're saying that if Subaru showed her that he's not as strong as he pretends to be and that he suffers a lot that she'd tell him to fuck off?
No, that's what he understands and thinks will happen.
>A fucking great relationship!
They don't have a relationship, just like he didn't have a relationship with Rem either.
>Does Emilia ever complain about him not opening up to her?
She can't see through everything like Rem can. Although in arc 2 she does see that he's pushing himself too hard at least. She isn't that dense.

This is why I'm saying that this is a difference of character.
Subaru's also at fault here.

it goes like this
>Subaru worries about Rem and Ram doesn't complain
>Subaru dies and knows that nothing bad will happen to Rem
>next loop he doesn't worry that much and concentrates on clearing the loop
>Ram gives him shit for not caring about Rem

>Considering his thoughts are relatively clean of any sexual desires in the first place,
Those sexual desires could easily be hidden from the readers but not in-universe characters like Ram.

>Although in arc 2 she does see that he's pushing himself too hard at least. She isn't that dense.
Puck told her by reading Subaru, Emilia didn't notice anything

Ram already gives Subaru shit before that.
>Ram: Don’t talk like that with Rem sleeping in front of you, women’s harmful enemy.

Bros, you are going overboard so hard right now

So she is that dense.
Then I remember the anime wrong because I didn't read WN Arc 1-3.

He clearly has more than sex in mind since he thinks about other stuff when it comes to her
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/155298254/#155361802
>Ram understands what it's like to be loyal to someone she loves, so she can easily see the hollowness in Subaru's words and actions towards Rem.
We are actually having the same fucking discussion huh

That was right before they went to the tower, right? Whenever Subaru is worried about Rem he starts to talk shit or memeflirt with Emilia to distract himself. he did that already at the start of arc 4 so I don't think it means much.

HE JUST CAUGHT HIM A MEWTOW

>Ram understands what it's like to be loyal to someone she loves, so she can easily see the hollowness in Subaru's words and actions towards Rem.
Is this the suffering Tappei has in store for Rem because she was more popular than the designated heroine?

the designated heroine is the biggest failure in LN history, I wonder how tappei feels about more than half of the fandom having Rem as their fav character and only ~10% Emilia

It's his own fault, he gave her the fucking series namedrop chapter, an entire chapter of her talking that is being referenced to this day and she was the first character to get a named chapter, Tappei would have to have been on drugs if it wasn't intentional

Guys, the latest poll puts Emilia as the second most popular character.
Anyway, Emilia isn't "designated", she can still lose.

Rem is my favorite character. She like, loves the MC and wants to suck his dick and die for him :D

Nothing suggests that those thoughts of Subaru couldn't be faked.

Ram should know about Subaru more than just that after having lived in the same mansion with him and observed his behaviors around Rem for over a year. Her outbursts in the failed loop are most likely her honest impressions of Subaru and his feelings for her sister. So what she said is actually legit.

well yeah, she's 2nd with 4k votes while Rem had 21k

>So what she said is actually legit.
and Subaru flipped his shit and attacked Ram for that, yeah Subaru is also legit

That poll was weird, Otto wasn't in it but somehow Regulus
>Those sexual desires could easily be hidden from the readers
>Nothing suggests that those thoughts of Subaru couldn't be faked
are you reading umineko or where did this come from
I already know what he's gonna say
>boards.fireden.net/a/thread/155298254/#155359134
>Also when Subaru and Ram had arguments over Ram's accusations of Subaru just caring about sleeping with other girls. Ram hit the nail on the head and thus made Subaru mad so he proceeded to strangle Ram.

Subaru got mad for being exposed so he lost it and ended up killing Ram.

every time his feelings for her are mentioned it's stated that "it's a fact" and "they are his true feelings" so retards like you would not come up with shit but you still do it

What did I say?
Just read the archives, we don't need the exact same discussion twice

holy shit you're right, that was funny

This is how you tell someone is losing an argument. So embarrassing user.

>That poll was weird, Otto wasn't in it but somehow Regulus
Yeah that's true but Rem gets first place with around 50% in every poll so my point still stands, I've also never seen a poll with Emilia getting more than 10%

If theres a waifubait, whats the waifucatch?

>picture not related.

DELET

there can only be bait with a hook, that's a hook in a waifu?

It would be better if those lines weren't mentioned honestly. People don't need to be explained to know whether a feeling is true or not. The more they try to convince the readers it is true and genuine, the less natural it would only sound.

I don't care if I lose an argument with you anymore, I'm stuck in a vicious cycle of not being to resist to these retarded arguments, I can't take it if it's made even more pointless by the fact that it's the same fucking shit every time, the last thread became a shitposting fest at the end and I can't take it anymore I'm sorry for being a kneejerk autist

I would agree if they were mentioned every second chapter but there are tens of chapters in between. I think it was also necessary when she feigned her death because otherwise people would say that Subaru didn't mean it and only said it because she asked him to.

nice bait brah

Would Rem become retarded after waking up as her brain and memories get fucked up by Ley's authority?

is crusch retarded?

Rem's condition is worse.

How do you know? What if the cure is strong enough to completely heal her and erase glottony's ability?

Everyone with wiped memories will get them back and become normal again. Subaru will get desperate because Rem isn't waking up, then he kisses her and she wakes with her memories.

Sleeping beauty shit.

Reading Rem's character description from Tappei is rather clear he had plans for her and not an answer to fans

Did Subaru every try to kiss coma Rem during arc 4 - 5 timeskip? I mean he should know about Sleeping Beauty and that kissing the coma girl is a way to wake her up in that story right? Why didn't he try that then? Subaru is special so what if it would have worked there and he wouldn't have had to go to the tower and such?

storytelling doesn't work like that, tappei teased the Subaru Rem kiss twice already so making her wake up by a random kiss would be pretty lame

But Subaru should still have tried to kiss her. Or does he want to save their first until she's conscious?

If they have a good personality and I genuinely like them past waifubait then I don't care.

don't forget that it's fiction written by one guy, he can't think about everything and yeah letting Subaru kiss Rem without waking her up would ruin it

vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=1818.0
>biggest failure in LN history
What would be the second biggest?

rem is shit

Index maybe?

>Sup Forums

REMOVE HALF-ELVES

I wonder if Kamachi actually hates her or something

Honestly, Subaru kissing Rem without her waking up would probably be an extremely sad and uncomfortable moment. Did she not wake up because it wasn't true love, or is that just a bullshit fairy tale cure?

>a character from a year old anime is the 8th most favorited character of all time on MAL
She sure is a succesful waifubait