So what's her best work?

So what's her best work?
strawpoll.me/13006189

>People unironically choosing KnK over K-on!!
>Not bumping the thread after voting

Bumping again

K-on S2 > K-on S1 > Tamako Market > KnK > Love Story

HM: Hibike S1

>Shinkai's bitch.

K-on!! and/or Tamako Love Story are the only correct answers.

>mad that he doesn't get any bumps

Contrary to what you believed, not everyone have the retarded level of obsession over this person as you.

He's the one obsessing over her and praising everything she makes. Meanwhile she has never uttered a word about his films, probably never even seen them.

her future bukkake JAV

Her best work is debatable but KnK is without a doubt the worst.

I'm not OP
I'm just saying if you're participating in the thread you might as well bump it

I'll have to watch Love Story again but I remember it being pretty weak

Tamako Market and K-On! are objectively her worst overall.

K-On movie is also her worst film because it's nothing but preparing for London, 30 minutes actually in London and 30 minutes redoing the series ending but worse and is the least aesthetically interesting.

K-On!! is best. Turned a shit manga into an ok anime.

Koe no Katachi by far. Also best kyoani anime in general.

I'll be a fag and say Hibike since she was co-director of that.

Euphonium, if that even counts as hers.

Worst opinion in thread

I ship them.

Still a better movie than KnK, which is just all the key scenes of the manga stitched together one after another with nothing keeping them together and giving them a meaning.

That's not the KnK I saw. I saw a film that structured itself around Shouya's perspective and strengthened the theme of redemption from that of the manga. It's essentially a different work so even if Mashiba and the bridge scene feels awkward the rest of the movie has far more focus and catharsis than the source material.

Koe no Katachi > K-On!! > Tamako Love Story > K-On! The Movie > K-On! = Tamako Market

>Mashiba and the bridge scene feels awkward
And the confession scene, which was already a mistake in the manga and is made even worse here, with Shouko jumping from opposite emotional states every 5 minutes. Same reason why the suicide attempt lost every impact.
And the pointless grandma's death.
And Ueno's actions that just come off as nonsensical with 90% of her characterization cut.
And Ueno in her entirety.
And the climax of the movie losing every emotions impact, since his interactions with these supposed friends only lasted 2 minutes.
And the terrible pacing all these nonsensical inclusions and cuts caused.
The movie isn't different from the manga at all, it just feels made for people that already know it and just want to see their favorite scenes animated.
It needed to be heavily rewritten for the movie format, this amateurish editing just created a mess of a film that can't stand up on its own.

K-On-iggers btfo.

* And Kawai in her entirety.

>And the confession scene, which was already a mistake in the manga and is made even worse here, with Shouko jumping from opposite emotional states every 5 minutes. Same reason why the suicide attempt lost every impact.
No, not really. We had enough indication of Shouko's lack of self-worth as well as her guilt for Shouya's exclusion from his friends. The distanciation technique with Shouko is intended.

>And the pointless grandma's death.
Mostly just a trigger for introducing Yuzuru's softer side, Shouko's depression getting worse and giving her an idea of a painless death.

>And Ueno's actions that just come off as nonsensical with 90% of her characterization cut. And Ueno in her entirety.
Explain, this is just nonsense that's the polar opposite to what the film presents

>And the climax of the movie losing every emotions impact, since his interactions with these supposed friends only lasted 2 minutes.
How do the two friends have much to do with the climax of Shouya coming to love the world as according to the film

>And the terrible pacing all these nonsensical inclusions and cuts caused.
>The movie isn't different from the manga at all, it just feels made for people that already know it and just want to see their favorite scenes animated.
>It needed to be heavily rewritten for the movie format, this amateurish editing just created a mess of a film that can't stand up on its own.
This is almost a meme at this point. It's funny how the manga purists are the ones calling it nonsensical while many who have never read the manga understand what's going on. Autists who can't read between the lines and manga readers confounded at not getting a 1:1 adaptation seems to be the major factor here.

>K-On vote split three ways
>still almost tied for first with KnK

>K-On has requires 3 entries to win against a single entry anime

>No, not really. We had enough indication of Shouko's lack of self-worth as well as her guilt for Shouya's exclusion from his friends. The distanciation technique with Shouko is intended.
Oh, the confession being forgotten for the rest of the film and the terrible pacing that make the suicide feel abrupt and unjustified were intentional. It's all right then.
They even left Hishida being saved by the two bullies without foreshadowing and justifying their presence and barely addressing the fact after.
>Mostly just a trigger for introducing Yuzuru's softer side, Shouko's depression getting worse and giving her an idea of a painless death.
Yuzuro already opened up with Hishida and Shouko's reaction to her death wasn't even there. There was no reason to keep that scene.
>Explain, this is just nonsense that's the polar opposite to what the film presents
What do I have to explain? That with her arc cut Kawai is completely pointless? That Ueno without the characterization just come off as a psychopath?
>How do the two friends have much to do with the climax of Shouya coming to love the world as according to the film
The climax consists of him crying after an emotional moment with his "friends" while their faces flash on the screen... including that guy he spoke with 2 times and that girl that was a massive bitch with him and nothing else... Yeah that works.
>This is almost a meme at this point.
The only meme here is you trying to dismiss my opinion as "manga purist", when I already said that it needed to distance itself more from the source material instead of being a clumsy patchwork.

K-ON should be one entry.

There is a lot of foreshadowing and parallel to Shouko's suicide. It's mean to be veiled for her and her alone. In the festival she tells him thank you instead of later, there's a gradually changing sense of distance between her and Ishida represented by spatial objects drifting apart, we see her in solitude possibly contemplating the act a few times too. It's very much reminiscent of Ishida in the beginning.

The grandma's death can also be seen to have softened the mother's attitude and help reduce the tension and bitterness between her and Shouya.

Ueno and Kawai make perfect sense. They're realistic characters who have the proper characterization they need in the film. Ueno explicitly says she can't stand Shouko and her goody two shoes act and worse of all, she couldn't take a hint to leave her alone. We see her helping Shouko in the beginning only to miss out half the class lectures because of it. We see her complain about her getting special treatment and having to give up time to learn sign language. We see that she can't bring herself to like Shouko, the film is not about vilifying her either. We understand that she blames Shouko for Shouya's injury and the group's separation too. Kawai's selfishness is well portrayed in abundance here too, playing innocent, not wanting to take the blame but fully participate and enabling the bullying in the beginning.

The climax consists of him learning about the beauty of the world in spite of the pain, the fact that there are people who forgive and love him despite his flaws and sins, the fact that his words don't fall into deaf ears, that he is not alone. I absolutely do not think this climax is unearned because of how the movie is structured and how far we get into Ishida's headspace beforehand. The little conversations with Shouko and him realizing what it means to forgive and how that goes beyond the difficulty of what it means to love.

It feels like manga readers are projecting their memories of the arcs and development in the manga and immediately dismiss the work as nonsensical because it lacks those moments.

I thought Sup Forums loved K-On

>Shouko's suicide.
The problem isn't the scene before setting it up. The problem is that it comes shortly after Shouko going through several other emotional states in the span of minutes. It's a major event but the movie rushes through it like everything else.
>The grandma's death can also be seen to have softened the mother's attitude and help reduce the tension and bitterness between her and Shouya.
Weak justification. Shouya doesn't even interact with her at the funeral. With how bloated the movie already is there was no point including the character.
>Ueno and Kawai
Ueno's violent reaction towards Shouko and her obsession with Hishida just come off as surreal and unjustified with how little we see them interact beforehand. They're not earned. And Kawai, again, shouldn't have been included since she doesn't serve any real purpose and she's just there to trigger the drama in the last act and then showing up at the end with no arc, not questioning herself, nothing, and Hishida just accepts her as a friend for no reason.
>The climax
The climax depends entirety on bonds and interactions he had with the rest of the cast. But those interactions were weak, rushed and sometime not existent. It's just comical how when he cries Mashiba's and Kawai's faces show up.
I think I made my point clear. The movie is a bloated mess with too many characters that don't have any time to breathe, too many major things happening at a too fast of a pace, and even random fluff eating up screen time that simply doesn't make sense. It simply has a screeplay not suited for a 2 hours movie. Any competent screenwriter would remove half of the stuff to have a functional story. Now don't reply if you only intend to nitpick minor things.