Why don't we Christians raise the dead anymore?

Did Jesus' Church at sometime in history ban this practice? Why don't we heal the sick with prayer anymore? Is this practice also banned? All the staunch Christians (Pastors, Ministers, Priests, Deacons and others) should get together in a stadium and celebrate a massive prayer session and end world hunger and heal all Christians who are seriously ill. Why aren't we seriously doing this? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=36198
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why doesn't anybody have an answer? I should organize a massive prayer with just regular Christians and pray away hunger for the innocent children alone. That is not asking for much. Jesus says this will be granted so I guess it is up to me to make this happen. What a blessing for God to choose me to do His work. I am truly humbled. Are there any other Christians here that want to be a part of this wonderful moment?

bitchboss i am the christlord

Bump for starving children in Jesus' name, amen.

Nobody has an answer because you're a fucking dumbass and noone wants to reply to a dumbass except for me. You're welcome, dumbass

I pay $20 a month for eye drops that keep me from going blind from glaucoma.

Who says we don't live in the age of miracles?

Why am I a dumb ass? Is it because I believe Jesus is real and the Bible is reliable?

>Literal paganism

you understand you cant depict jesus or any of the prophets right, thats idol worship.

Because you sound stupid. If you're a real atheist make Bill Nye turn into a woman like he claims he can.

Well I'm waiting. Until Bill Nye turns into a woman I refuse to believe atheism exists.

I am not an Atheist. I am a follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Praise Jesus!

That's right you're not, because if you were my atheist female Bill Nye waifu would be sucking me off right now, but I don't have that so atheism doesn't exist.

Trolling aside, it's because we aren't holy enough to do that. More saints will pop up, but I imagine it requires lots of devotion and studying. I'm trying to study Christian works on handling angels and demons. Maybe I'll become a Christian super wizard or maybe I'll end up a possessed emotional wreck. So either nothing changes or things improve and I resurrect St. Hitler.

How do we become more Holy? We don't have to be Saints to heal the sick. We might have to be Saints to raise the dead like Saint Peter did.

Alas, the dead shall be raised, but not to live eternally, no, but to suffer more as necessary so that their sins may be forgiven.

This is some top-tier bait. It's sure to trigger some of the actual christcuck retards around.

Dunno fampai, read the Bible and the Saints and do good works. If my diglts say anything it looks like I may pull a St. Ignatius and go full Sephiroth, studying Christian research until I become an op super wizard. Wish me luck and pray for me, fampai! The reich will return! The evil kikes will LET MY PEOPLE GO!

I'll humour you and give you the answer.
Jesus gave his disciples the ability to do these things physically whilst with them on the Earth. After he returned to Heaven he was no longer around to gift these powers. I'm afraid I'm not going to gather the verses for you but they are out there, try skimming the Gospels. God bless you and I hope your heart of stone will be replaced with a heart of flesh.

Our Bible says Peter did raise the dead after Jesus' Ascension. Why is my heart stone? I am alive so my heart is flesh. God Bless. Jesus lives!

The powers didn't leave with Jesus, I think you've misread my post. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I'm not aware of a widespread practice of the disciples of Christ raising the dead. But you should look up Extreme Unction.

Why didn't Jesus invent antibiotics? Or a cure for Polio? Smallpox vaccine? MRI machine? Figuring out the link between scurvy and vitamin deficiency? SCIENCE motherfuckers

Also a very British one. But think about it: this is a thread sincerely asking why some people no longer seem to reanimate the dead.

Probably because he was here to save you from what happens after your death, not before it? Also no one at that time would have understood him and he'd have been killed a lot sooner. You can't deny that Jesus was THE most influential person in existence, ever.
Yes, read the thread, the answers are above.

Most people don't even remember Edward Jenner's name, I certainly didn't.

>pic
We used to live to be over 900

Prayer does heal people.

Because Christianity is bullshit

Maybe but he has saved a lot more people than Jesus. A lot of people remember Hitler's name as well. Notoriety and making grand claims about onself seems to go hand in hand.

Protfags won't understand, but the main reverent is the sacraments of baptism and confession. They are restored from death to life.

catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=36198

Not as much as surgery

Jesus has saved everyone that ever was. Hitler hasn't got a scratch on Jesus. 100ish years Vs 2000 years.

Single source...I'll hedge my bets. Lots of wierd shit written down in old texts.

You have this on good authority do you? Prove to me that he has saved everyone. No, that is unfair and a bit unreadonable. Prove that he has saved 5 people.

>tfw I'm debating someone who can't spell weird

The highest authority. The proof is written down for you. I know you pray, by the way.

baphomet is lord of the faggots

Ouch...the shame...the shame. Can you spell intellectual dishonesty?

I can but you've written it there so that's kinda cheating.
Believe on Christ and be baptised, it's a gift - you might as well take it.

Not anymore. I forgive you though. Ego te absolvum

You mean absolvo. And yes, you've paid this month.

Prayed*

christians are to be gods hand into the world.
the point of life is not to pray problems away.
prayer is to draw us to god and rely on him and his goodness.
God is not a vending machine.

No I don't and I am not going to debate the finer points of a dead language with you (or maybe I will). I didn't have to Google it though.

I have definitely paid as have you.

It's clear to me we're done here. Take care of yourself. Need to get some sleep for church. I hope you find your way.

We become more holy by conforming ourselves to God's will and taking the sacraments as possible

I hope you're not upset? There are many ways to reach the Promised Land brother.

Yeah totally.

I'm not often upset, especially by what I read online. I just worry for your salvation. There aren't many ways, only one.

Thank you. It is not necessary but thank you anyway. Go well.

>Why don't we
>we

because corporate structured church like many denoms have are just tax haven charity country clubs. dead in faith as the spirit of imagination is corrupted by babylonian talmudic jews and (((their))) conjured alien abominations.

Miracles don't happen because the churches are preaching bullshit. It would be misleading if God were to raise a dead guy in one of those whorehouses.

>Why am I a dumb ass? Is it because I believe Jesus is real and the Bible is reliable?

halfway right. It's the "bible is reliable" part that's fucking you. Considering the bible to be the complete and infallible word of God is the same as saying the bible is God himself. It's idolatry. The bible was canonized to make us slaves to Constantine (the State), not to set us free.

>Believe on Christ

What the fuck is wrong with you? This isn't the 1600's. It's believe IN Christ.Catholicism is a larp

>replying to the wrong post to critique grammar
Someone come get your redditor holy hec*

It's believe on Christ. I'm quoting from the KJV. I'm not a Catholic.

Christians are only good for getting dictator dotard trump into whitehouse.

Jews shouldn't be allowed to vote.

>we Christians
Nice try Achmed