New classics

What 2000-2017 anime do you think people will remember as a classic?

>fate/zero
>welcome to NHK
>bakemonogatari
>kara no kyoukai
>suzumiya haruhi, maybe

Code Geass, Death Note and FMA Brotherhood were pretty popular when I showed them to my friends.

Steins Gate and HxH

You can fool anyone newshit

>Haruhi Suzumiyah, MAYBE

Leave and never come back

None of this shit except maybe bakemogatari and haruhi

Here's your answer.

Sword art online

Kill la Kill

>fate/zero
A secondary work.
>welcome to NHK
Maybe.
>bakemonogatari
This.
>kara no kyoukai
Niche on arrival.
>suzumiya haruhi, maybe
Long forgotten.

Have casuals even heard of it?

Genuine question, I never go anywhere but Sup Forums so I have no idea what they talk about elsewhere.

People are aware of Trigger and Gurren Lagann so maybe

2000-2010 already has classics
Anyway Gurren Lagaan, Death Note, FLCL, Madoka Magica, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Watamote, Soul Eater, and Full Metal Alchemist are the obvious ones.

>Lucky Star, Watamote, Soul Eater
>obvious

I don't think so user.

AS

Why not?
I'm pretty sure Lucky Star already is
Soul Eater might just be me I guess, it was one of my first
Watamote has a chance

K-On

>I'm pretty sure Lucky Star already is
It's almost completely forgotten. K-On has eclipsed it completely.

>Soul Eater might just be me I guess, it was one of my first
I doubt it's any more well known than your average generic long running fighting series.

>Watamote has a chance
Have normalfags even heard of it?

>I doubt it's any more well known than your average generic long running fighting series.
Well, it sure is better than them

>Have normalfags even heard of it?
Huh
Probably not
I didn't even consider that as criteria
I mostly just am on the internet nowadays, and it's popular here
I have one real-life friend, and he's only heard of it from me

Yeah, I'm the same.

I figure that the people tomorrow looking back on these classics are today's normalfags, you know?

Himouto-chan Umaru

Just in '10 decade alone

Madoka
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

Your Name

sad to say, we're almost ending this decade but the rest are shit!

>Code Geass
>Death Note
>Attack on Titan
Prove me wrong. They are all decent anime and the normies love them.

>welcome to NHK
Will be remembered as one of the best anime made for basement dwellers. A true classic of it's niche.

Pretty much watched all there is to watch. guess you can quit watching anime as well.

How cute, neo-Sup Forums is replying to another thinly veiled /r/ thread.
You all belong in gas chambers.

Shinsekai Yori spice and wolf dennou coil Assassination Classroom Mob Psycho 100/one punch >Re Zero kara Prison School Shokugeki no Souma space dandy Shirobako Sakamoto desu ga
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita mirai nikki etc

>147 filename

Cute.

You didn't read one line? Are you brain damaged?

I wish people stopped using 2000-current year. Not only it's a long time, and a reasonable choice should be 2000-10 and 11-current, we also have had a shift in the industry in 2011 (Idolmaster and Utapri) that set a before and after that makes talking about this period as if it was a single age silly.

check the filenames idiot

Not that it matters because that time range only gets used for bait threads.

I'm not a big anime head but the best shit I've watched lately was,

Blood Lad
7 Deadly Sins
Tokyo Ghoul
Kuromakuro
Onihe
Code Geass
Blue Excorcist

And Black Lagoon gets an honorable mention cos I cant mind when that was released.

And yes, I have Netflix and Prime...

Oh shit, forgot Ajiin and Durarara!

Eureka 7

Haruhi

The other shit most certainly not.

I think you are a degenerate subhuman and you should kill yourself.

DESPITE MEMES, I honestly think JoJo will be recognized as a classic.

Fuck off you virgin cunt.

I have better things to do in life than watch anime all day.

Why dont you take a long, hard look at yourself and wank apon thy face.

I was being serious. You should kill yourself.

It's been around since the 80s and already is

>anime head
>Tokyo Ghoul
>And Black Lagoon gets an honorable mention cos I cant mind when that was released.
>And yes, I have Netflix and Prime...
bwahaha

A 17 year span is too much man. 2000-2010 is better. Anime has changed way too much in this time frame to really single out some classics. Also are we talking classics as considered by the masses or classics on Sup Forums? Because some shows were/are still discussed here regularly, but are forgotten by most people today. If we are talking Sup Forums classics i would pick anything unique that people talked a lot about. Wait fuck this list will still be way too long to be complete.
>FLCL
>Haruhi
>Clannad
>Chromartie Highschool
>Spice and Wolf
>Bakemonogatari
>Black Lagoon
>Gurren Lagann
>Space Dandy (imo)
>NHK
>Madoka

There are a ton more, but i tried to pick some that stood the test of time. I mean you still see threads popping up discussing these anime, aside from Dandy and Chromartie. I just wanted them in there.

I wish I could be sure this was bait.

FLCL
TTGL
Tatami Galaxy
Madoka
The Disappearance of Haruhi
Hyouka
Mushishi
Bakemonogatari

>Have normalfags even heard of it?
i guess only Soul eater and a few lucky star pictures but they don't know how the series is called

Kemono Friends

Yes, KLK is pretty mainstream

The answer is always Boku no Piko.

SSY and Space Dandy.

>nobody has mention OHSHC

Death Note

That shit is still being milked in 2017 and it's big in the west as well as Japan

monster

Talked about a lot on that read-it website, aired on Adult Swim. Pretty known i would say, wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic even had some KLK merch.

Was Hyouka actually good? I never even tried it because it seemed like your normal new shit. But i love all of what you listed so now i may check it out. Sell it to me.

Sword Art Online/II

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

The JoJo anime

Code Geass, NHK, Madoka

When I play on xbox I see someone with a KLK-reference gamertag almost every night.

love live obviously

Why would a weeb buy an Xbox??

>No one has mentioned Azumanga Daioh

Sup Forums is dead.

it's what all my friends have

>AoT
>SAO

Soul Eater is disproportionately popular, in my experience. For just being another shonen battle adaption, it's still all over cons and shit. That doesn't make it a "classic", but Inuyasha wasn't anything special either, and people still remember it.

seconding haruhi. Scholars will be discussing the endless eight in the years to come

Flip Flappers

K-on
SSY

But what's a classic? Is there a requirement for quality, or just popularity? Some anime remain unknown, but become staples at recommendation charts, while other anime are kinda average, but because they got mainstream popularity they are beloved and talked about for a long time. And influence, does that matter?

The exact definition of "classic" would render it for quality and long-lasting impression (positive). Surely SSY fits that description.

I have a normalfag friend who I suggested Kill la Kill to and he said he'd already tried watching it but it was 'confusing and hard to follow'.

I don't consider him a friend anymore. Not just because of the KlK thing but that definitely played a role.

no