Mangakas

I'm interested in writing manga. How does one write out scripts for manga pages?

I have the plot, dialogue, settings and everything in my head, I just can't draw.

Then write a book.

Are you Japanese?

>i just can't draw
I think you should start here.

Books don't interest me.
No.
Wouldn't it be a better use of my time to look for an artist who wants a job than to spend all my free time learning to to draw for a few years?

Read Bakuman.

>no
Then fuck off.
Larping makes me shiver.
At best, you are going to make comics, not manga.

Oh yeah, because black and white comics in an anime style go really swimmingly well over here. Fuck off you fake nationalist scumbag.

No.Then,i won't be your manga,because you're not one who's drawing it. I think you're losing the point of writing manga here. You should make plot,write scripts and draw all by yourself. That's what makes manga. Also,okay,lets imagine that you actually found artist who wants to draw your manga for you.But wouldn't it be weird,if after few years,after manga gets popular,suddenly drawing style changes,because you finally learned drawing,and fired other dude,to draw be yourself?

No you fuck off you larping autist.
I bet you also own a "how to draw manga" book
P.S. You will never be Japanese

No one in Japan is going to want to read a manga from a gaijin, and you likely won't be able to get any good artist interested in you either, or any publication that would pick you up. Your only option would be to learn how to draw yourself, and then publish independently under a pseudonym.

Your real best option would be to make a black and white comic for US consumption and use an odd artstyle that you like. If you really must make something with a black and white "anime" artstyle, it's going to be next to impossible to sell it.

I want to start writing a book. I just don't know how to write

>comics in the US

Look, I'm going to be real frank with everyone in this thread. I was originally going to be a writer, and I started hating writing because it paled so hard in comparison to anything with a drawing. Nobody gives a shit about books anymore. They aren't as engaging, or fun, or as awe-inspiring as nearly anything visual. Books, at least in America, and ESPECIALLY in fiction, are a dying breed.

I'm currently working in business. I have consigned my fate to just making money and nothing but money, but I still want to make a fictional world and I feel a little dead inside whenever I'm not thinking of something fictional. So I thought that as long as I make money and keep making money I can at least buy the talent of people or the efforts of people that were smart and lucky enough to have spent their free time in childhood drawing.

What, should I just do LOOMIS for the next five years? I don't really have friends or anything I'd be missing out on if I just sacrificed all my non-work free time but it fucking kills me inside that I can't see any of my fictional worlds come to life. I want nothing more than for them to come to life. But not in just a fucking book.

So you are a braindead retard who needs pretty little pictures, with a sort of midlife crisis as a cherry on top.
Go commission another retard on Deviantart and fuck off.

bump lol

>So you are a braindead retard who needs pretty little pictures

What are you doing on Sup Forums?

Enjoying pictures and NEEDING them isn't the same.
That faggot doesn't have an imagination.

>What are you doing on Sup Forums?
Killing time, waiting for a good thread.
Stop bumping this shitheap

>Books, at least in America, and ESPECIALLY in fiction, are a dying breed.
the fuck are you even talking about

Not him but he just prefers visual meda, what's the problem?

This entire post is evidence that you're too retarded to be reasoned with.

>Books don't interest me

>I don't have an argument but I'll just call him retarded: the post

You obviously don't know anything about american comics, not that you care. But it's okay to be uninformed and stupid.

That he is a desperate escapist faggot who doesn't want to produce art or something profitable, he wants his little fucking world be made for him.

>writing isn't art
>modern books are interesting

LOL

>I only consume mainstream shit
>So all modern books are shit
>But please somebod draw my happy dreamland pretty please, I'm an autist in need of escapism but not autistic enough to learn how to draw
Commission it you gigantic faggot.

>I'm an autist in need of escapism but not autistic enough to learn how to draw
Maybe I'll buy a time machine so I can go back in time to when I had the free time to learn how to draw. Not everyone is as fortunate enough to be born with a silver spoon rammed up their fucking ass so that they can spend 9-5 doodling in their sketchbooks.

What's the issue with American comics? Tons of people have success in there. Off the top of my head there's Orc Stain, Prophet, and Kaijumax. There's tons more if I think longer. And even if you can't get your comic published in the US, there's innumerable great webcomics. You're just a dipshit who has deluded himself into thinking manga is the only way.

>I just can't draw.

That didn't stop Oda from starting his series, and look where he is now.

Just take a dump on a page, smear it around, and write something like "Nakama" in the remains. You'll get a rabid audience in no time who'll defend your shitty art style as "unique" while throwing money at you.

I'd take someone who wants to see their fantasy world become real over a pompous faggot who only writes because he wants to make "art" or money.

What's your excuse, then? Could you really not take a few minutes out of your busy childhood to doodle in your notebook?

He wants to do it, but really, he doesn't want to do it. If he really wanted it, he would be doing it now.
A dumb manchild who is tired of work and wants his own little dreamland but it's too hard to make it so please make it for me.

>I just can't draw.
That's like saying you want to become a pearl diver when you can't swim.

There really aren't many great, or even good comics out today. As for webcomics, they're most if not all trash. I don't know where you're getting these results from.
Because I didn't want to draw when I was a kid. Does that mean I should spend the rest of my life being resigned to my fate of not being an artist?

I was actually going to consider doing LOOMIS but now I want to stick around in this thread and debate with your dumb ass.
A manchild assumes he can do anything with the right amount of practice. Adulthood is realizing your limits and realizing what you can and cannot do. Not like you know anything about that.

The light novel market in Japan is expanding and squeezing out the visual novel and manga market. Who says book is dead?

Second, ideas are worthless. Everyone has ideas of books. It takes real execution to turn fully turn an idea into something people are willing to fork over cash. Just because you 'have an idea of a story' is meaningless. You have to put in real effort, not just 'oh writing is so hard.'

Third, if you can't draw, then at least you can draw panels of how the story should go? Did you even read One Punch Man's original manga? The author obviously doesn't know how to draw well. Can you put in the same amount of effort? Is your story so interesting that people will line up to read it, even if you such at drawing?

In conclusion, most people who think they are great story-teller who has been unfairly treated by life and society, are just real life version of Zaimokuza (from Yahari). If you are not familiar with that character, then you should (heh) read the Yahari light novel. Then you'd realize how your whining appears to others.

BTW at least Zaimokuza put in an effort to actually write _something_.

You know what, forget what I said. Just pay some weebs on deviantart big money and has him/her draw whatever you want him/her to draw.

1. Learn to draw. You have to learn to draw. Do it, or it won't work, retard.
2. Make it a webcomic. Or learn japanese and somehow submit it to a magazine completely anonymously.

>there are only modern books

Wow user why are you such a retard?

Oh nice, did my post get deleted? Oh well, suck on my cock you cunts.

Stop being a bitch. Spend 9-5 earning money and spend 6-2 training.

If you can't do that, you don't want it badly enough.

First of all don't call whatever it is you make manga because you're not Japanese. Just call it a comic.

Please point me to a """""comic"""" about a japanese high school.

>manga is a comic of japanese origin
>Hurr I'm a dumb yankee and I drew big eyes and a high school
>I AM MANGAKA NOW
This is how you sound. Oh wait, you can't draw and you are too retarded to even commission it!
Stay mad faggot, your fantasy dreamland will stay dead because you are a powerless, talentless manbaby.

>holy shit I love sucking japanese cock so much goddamn

go to you fucking aspie

Also, if you were too weak-willed to learn how to draw - it's a fairly safe bet that your writing is shit too.

If it's made in America it's a comic.
Manga is a decriptor added to comic to describe a japanese comic.
Anime is a descriptor added to cartoon to describe a japanese cartoon.
"""""please""""" stop breathing

>this whole thread
Fuck off, retard.

>things that I never said
Go write your shitty "story" I bet the graphics people will kill each other over it.

"Manga" is not a style and neither is "anime."

If you are a foreigner you are creating comics because that's the English word for what you're doing. Manga is what the Japanese call comics and in the west we only keep the word to distinguish comics made in Japan from western ones. There are also korean and chinese comics that have their own names used by the west as well.

THIS WHOLE THREAD AND NOBODY HAS AN ARGUMENT

>There really aren't many great, or even good comics out today.

That's not the point, you fucking retard. Whether they're good or bad is irrelevant. What matters is that they actually got published. If they were able to get published, then you can too.

manga is not a style, you retarded teenager
i bet you call yourself an otaku in public and think last airbender is an anime
see

no arguments

This is factually not true and there have been a handful of extremely popular manga in Japan that were written by Americans. Educate yourself, EOP.

>Not Japanese
>Wants to write about a Japanese high school

You're just going to end up looking like a tool, since you've never been in Japanese high school.

Yes argument. I just demonstrated to you that you CAN get your shit published in America, (providing it's even semi-decent) but it seems like you just want to fail and won't let anyone give you advice.

Which series? List one.

Before you say RWBY, It's manga wasn't popular in Japan.

Why don't you write about an American high school, you retarded weeb? They're not too different, and you might even have 6 years of experience with one!

>it seems like you just want to fail
You know what it is I DON'T want to do? I don't want to spend the next several years of my life becoming a mediocre artist who experiences yet another failure in his life when nobody likes his mediocre art because a couple of autists on an anonymous anime image board full of freaks and social rejects egged him on to "follow ur dreams" because FOR SOME REASON they think they're qualified to dispense successful fucking advice.

Nobody likes your shit anyway.
By the looks of it, your writing is mediocre too.
Post an excerpt and let us see what you are capable of.
But I think you were never destined for success Whiny fag

you write like a spazz

> becoming a mediocre artist who experiences yet another failure in his life when nobody likes his mediocre art

That didn't stop One Punch Man's author from becoming successful. Why can't you do the same?

People are annoyed because you sound like you want to do the minimal amount of work. Even the retarded weebs on fanfiction.net put in effort by writing something. Have you?

>People are annoyed because you sound like you want to do the minimal amount of work
that is what life is about

>the great artists, businessmen, explorers,scientist, inventors and politicians did everything with minimal effort
Dumb shit

A handful. Meaning not the majority, and the ones that did drew it themselves. They weren't just the ideas guy.

>great artists, businessmen, explorers,scientist, inventors and politicians exist today

>Not learning japanese and posting under a pseudonym
Everything's working great for me user. The japs can't tell the difference :^)

I literally cannot figure out if this OP is supposed to be satire or not.

That worked pretty good for One

Why did the janny delete ONE of my posts? Is it because I posted an image that wasn't an anime girl?

What the fuck do you want us to tell you? If what you've got is good, it will probably succeed. But by the sound of it, your fanfic-tier tier wannabe anime is pretty shit, so even if you do convince some artist on tumblr or deviantart to draw your shitty little story, it will be completely ridiculed.

I'm going to make a million dollars and then make some artist with low self-esteem draw my own idea, and I'm going to come back and link to this thread

>I'm going to make a million dollars

>I'm going to make a million dollars before I pay an artist
Good luck with that they don't like not being paid, and until you pay the work I'm pretty sure is theirs

LOW ENERGY
you'd be surprised how strong the drive to make a couple of cunts online mad as fuck is

>making a million dollars is easier than learning how to draw

There are plenty of manga written and drawn by different people.

op makes post saying he can't draw but wants to make """manga"""
thread tells him to learn to draw or at least start making stuff
op unloads a bucket of salt because a thread had the audacity to tell him to stop being a faggot

can we just delete the thread, it doesn't even belong here

>implying otherwise
LMAO

I reported. Didn't you?

I'm staying at my folks house and using their IP, so I will see you guys tomorrow :)

Mods. Please permaban OP. He's perspicuously underage.

Do you mean book adaptations? That's how those tend to go

see you tomorrow!

There are posts and images being deleted and yet this thread is still up

stay mad

why I would be mad for something so irrelevant
in other hand I should pitty the OP
he's looking for an advice on something almost unreachable
and even though they are people trying to give him a serious advice OP only repliess with binaries answers

>been writing my story that's set in feudal Japan for nearly 3 years now
>almost done with final draft
>going to start drawing it in a few months

Going to go graphic novel if trying to be a mangaka isn't going to work out.

Learn it. are you retarded? Pick up a book about it or watch some youtube videos and start sucking at it until you're OK at it, and if you really want to do it then keep doing it 'till you're as good as you hope to be.

>Going to go graphic novel if trying to be a mangaka isn't going to work out.
they're the same thing
why is everyone dumb

>obvious bait thread has been up for over three hours
Hey, remember when the mods actually did their job?

OP is absolutely right though. I would like to know how writers write manga since they don't draw it.

Plenty of non artists write manga, like Nisioisin. Do they compose the panels? Or write it like a movie script?
I'm an artist and I would like to know. You just can't jump into drawing if you don't have a script.

Another way is making a very poor doodle but with lots of notes and indications.

Sadly manuscripts never get posted online so we will never know.

Also a lot of writers take photos of toys and dolls and send that to the artist. Plenty of storyboards in hollywood are made with photos and notes nowadays.

> I would like to know how writers write manga since they don't draw it
what the fuck does that mean? those are separate things
>Plenty of non artists write manga
how enlightening
>You just can't jump into drawing if you don't have a script.
just because you can't draw doesn't mean you don't have an artistic vision

There's a difference in the same way mangaka denotes a manga (Japanese) author and otherwise means not Japanese.

Every motherfucker has settings and everything like yours in their head, even those artists you're looking for

Either learn to draw or write a book, because what separates a good writer from a bad one is one that actually expressed their story

what did he meant by this

Since manga is such a visual dependent medium, I find the process of writing it very arcane.
A lot of the movie Fury Road was written from the storyboard before any script.
I think that most likely writers should have enough skill to doodle like this, and then liter it with notes for the artist.

>what the fuck does that mean? those are separate things
Someone has to choose the composition, the camera, the light. Usually the director does this in a movie. In comics and manga, the writer has to choose that. How exactly does he explains those choices to the artist if the writer can't draw?

>just because you can't draw doesn't mean you don't have an artistic vision
I actually can draw. I'm an illustrator. But the process of working with a writer is very rough. There are too many nuances to translating a script to panels, so the writer has to step into the boundary of art. But not too much or they'll mess with the art. It's a hard balance.

I'm very interested in knowing how japan does it. In the west, we just follow a movie-like script and leave the rest to the artist. Which is why comics are very detailed but with horrible composition.

I'm surprised such a shitty bait post is even getting serious replies.

Write an LN op it's easier.

Since writers are like the directors of comics and manga, they have to familiarize themselves with all the possible camera shots to explain things to the artist.

In a movie everything is divided in direction, editing, composition, lighting, set dressing, acting, scripting, camera work, etc.

In manga, you have to do everything at the same time. I really want to know how japanese writers do it.